Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Keytaps (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96306)

Ground_Breaker 07-18-2008 03:59 PM

Keytaps

Does being able to hear your keytaps help anyone else with PA?

I had my speakers a little lower than usual last night when the round 6 songs were put in the game, and I loaded up the song and sightread AAA'd it. I noticed, while playing the song, that I could hear my keytaps very clearly, and it helped me stay in rhythm way better than actually listening to the music.

I can't have the music completely muted, though, because if I can anticipate what I'm going to hear next, musically, then I have a good idea of what I can expect in the file next. I'm too dependent on that process, so I can't mute the songs, but hearing my own keytaps seems to be helping me out quite a bit.

Darkslave 07-18-2008 04:02 PM

Re: Keytaps

Doesn't quite help me, it must be a little 60/40 music/taps for me, hearing only taps you pretty much screw your score as soon as you're out of rythm a little. At least for me.

cry4eternity 07-18-2008 04:31 PM

Yep. I think hearing my keytaps helps me, even though I waste energy by hitting my keys kinda hard just so that I can hear them.

csoup1414 07-18-2008 06:06 PM

yeah it helps me a lot
kind of like a mini-metronome

s0ulst0n3 07-18-2008 06:28 PM

Not at all. That's actually the reason why I put my speakers on full volume when I play. That's why I hate songs like Courage, I can't PA the beginning, LOL. Otherwise I just stick in my headphones and listen to songs on my iPod on full volume.

ooobl. 07-18-2008 07:05 PM

i usually have headphones but without them it messes me up as soon as i get a good.
i think that the sound of the keys coming back up confuses my brain a little.

LLaMaSaUceYup 07-18-2008 07:10 PM

Yeah I play 50/50, enough to hear key taps and music.
Both help, but having both is better, and more fun.

hi19hi19 07-18-2008 07:42 PM

Depends on the song. On something like Strangeprogram it is invaluable to hear the taps to keep a rhythm. On something like Improv et Chien, just the music is the way to go.

FontSize72LOL 07-18-2008 09:42 PM

Hearing the Keytaps generally makes my PA worse lol, Especially at night because when i hear my keyboard being really loud i try to muffle it. Thats why i use these practically noise cancelling headset so i don't care.

Plan_Bsk81127 07-18-2008 10:20 PM

Im 50/50. I still need to hear some music so I can stay on beat, but hearing my keytaps really keep me on track with the rhythm.

OmegaCrowman 07-18-2008 11:06 PM

Keytaps are defintely the best way for me to PA a song. Once you learn to move your fingers to the BPM, the rest is just reading the 4th 8th and 16th notes right. Might just be my imagination but there seems to be too many offsync files these days. Very few songs I fully turn the volume off for, but I like to hear about 70-75% keytap and 20-25% music.