Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ultimega's extreme ffr tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122071)

RuGuru 01-12-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Ultimega's extreme ffr tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3613620)
Yeah you're at LEAST D4 >.> maybe D5 I can't tell yet though without being a veteran.

Honestly I don't even know what D I really am. I'm D5 for the Leap Year Tournament, D4 for the Zeks tourny, and D3 for this one. /o/. Woo.

Zakvvv666 01-12-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuGuru (Post 3613625)
Honestly I don't even know what D I really am. I'm D5 for the Leap Year Tournament, D4 for the Zeks tourny, and D3 for this one. /o/. Woo.

Mostly because of your low AAA count and the fact you have 0 replays for people to look at, so it's impossible for non-veterans to know your exact skill level >.>

reuben_tate 01-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3613620)
Yeah you're at LEAST D4 >.> maybe D5 I can't tell yet though without being a veteran.

This, looking at RuGuru's stat's, he appears to be high-D4. Although he did mention he was in D5 for the Leap Year tourney, so he might be fine in D5 (plus D5 needs more people anyway.)

RuGuru 01-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3613626)
Mostly because of your low AAA count and the fact you have 0 replays for people to look at, so it's impossible for non-veterans to know your exact skill level >.>

I try to save replays but I can't do it for some reason. And meh, I don't like AAAing.

RuGuru 01-12-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3613627)
This, looking at RuGuru's stat's, he appears to be high-D4. Although he did mention he was in D5 for the Leap Year tourney, so he might be fine in D5 (plus D5 needs more people anyway.)

She* e_e

CammyGoesRawr 01-12-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3613627)
This, looking at RuGuru's stat's, she appears to be high-D4. Although she did mention she was in D5 for the Leap Year tourney, so she might be fine in D5 (plus D5 needs more people anyway.)

fix'd <3

o hey, ninja'd.

reuben_tate 01-12-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuGuru (Post 3613630)
She* e_e

sorry :x

RuGuru 01-12-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3613634)
sorry :x

I'm used to it.

WSCB 01-12-2012 02:25 PM

Definitely in, thanks for the link. :]

prefx 01-12-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuGuru (Post 3613629)
I try to save replays but I can't do it for some reason. And meh, I don't like AAAing.

I had this issue and went to Velocity.

You're using the standalone login feature, in order to save replays, log onto your account on IE, WITH PROTECTED MODE DISABLED (<- uber ****ing important) And then when you open the standalone, you'll not be brought to the standalone login, when you do it this way you can then save replays.

RuGuru 01-12-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prefx (Post 3613863)

You're using the standalone login feature, in order to save replays, log onto your account on IE, WITH PROTECTED MODE DISABLED (<- uber ****ing important) And then when you open the standalone, you'll not be brought to the standalone login, when you do it this way you can then save replays.

Thanks, it works now. :)

Magicturbo 01-12-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prefx (Post 3613863)

Lol I log in through standalone, and I never use IE... and I save as many replays as I can. *Shrugs*

I guess it might have to do with your operating system or something.. idk...

popsicle_3000 01-12-2012 08:30 PM

with a mac i can't save anything in the standalone...
also, can someone explain how raw & combo scoring is used simultaneously?
and i'll be in. whats another tournament when i'm already in 7 :)

ULTIMEGA 01-12-2012 09:37 PM

Original post updated.

Also, Zak, it's not entirely impossible for non-veterans to know exact skill level. The trick for that is to search that member's replays, if any, and by what you see on the replays, judge what their skill level might be. Another good way is to look for certain skill tokens that they might have, and as a player, I pretty much know the difficulty level of at least half the songs in the databanks, which makes it a little easier - at least for me - to determine which division each player should be placed in. Certain profiles, like Anaru's, can only be accessed if you're a friend of that person, which makes it a bit harder, but all in all, that's the method I'm going for.

RuGuru 01-12-2012 09:54 PM

Yay! D3 based off of skill tokens and no replays. :rolleyes:

Zakvvv666 01-12-2012 10:04 PM

Bump her to D4 now >.>

RuGuru 01-12-2012 10:06 PM

I'm not going to be trying to earn a token just to be put in D4 or D5. I was hoping with your experience you would be able to determine this Mega. But, I guess I was wrong; count me out of the tournament. I'm already in 2 anyways.

Anaru 01-12-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 3614162)
Original post updated.

Also, Zak, it's not entirely impossible for non-veterans to know exact skill level. The trick for that is to search that member's replays, if any, and by what you see on the replays, judge what their skill level might be. Another good way is to look for certain skill tokens that they might have, and as a player, I pretty much know the difficulty level of at least half the songs in the databanks, which makes it a little easier - at least for me - to determine which division each player should be placed in. Certain profiles, like Anaru's, can only be accessed if you're a friend of that person, which makes it a bit harder, but all in all, that's the method I'm going for.

Any veteran can look at my level stats, just saying. :}

prefx 01-13-2012 12:04 AM

As well for me, if someone didnt look right I could be seen as D3 or low to mid d4. Simply cause of my super low AAA count, but looking closely at my replays and levelranks can change that. Every score I get is on a random run. I don't whore things, and I dont get why anyone would. When you prefect a song, theres no longer room for improvement. I enjoy having room for improvent on EVERYTHING. that always leaves room for me to get to higher and higher skill levels. I'll always step it up a notch when I get to a difficulty I could easily AAA. It's why I only play FMO's and FGO's. VC's would be easy and boring now. I'll soon be bypassing all FMO's and skill boosting on FGO's and DF a lot more to make myself a PA tank. Someone like dossar who has everything done on FFR that's feasible. I'd be bored and need more of a challenge with a wide diversity of songs. The way I have been learning to play, And I feel I will certainly hit a wall when I get to mid D6 area... I'll start having to AAA everything, and I simply wont cause Whoring songs is boring, basically rewardless, bragging fuel which can make me obnoxious, and again boring. lrn2havefun keysmashing!

ULTIMEGA 01-13-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prefx (Post 3614298)
As well for me, if someone didnt look right I could be seen as D3 or low to mid d4. Simply cause of my super low AAA count, but looking closely at my replays and levelranks can change that. Every score I get is on a random run. I don't whore things, and I dont get why anyone would. When you prefect a song, theres no longer room for improvement. I enjoy having room for improvent on EVERYTHING. that always leaves room for me to get to higher and higher skill levels. I'll always step it up a notch when I get to a difficulty I could easily AAA. It's why I only play FMO's and FGO's. VC's would be easy and boring now. I'll soon be bypassing all FMO's and skill boosting on FGO's and DF a lot more to make myself a PA tank. Someone like dossar who has everything done on FFR that's feasible. I'd be bored and need more of a challenge with a wide diversity of songs. The way I have been learning to play, And I feel I will certainly hit a wall when I get to mid D6 area... I'll start having to AAA everything, and I simply wont cause Whoring songs is boring, basically rewardless, bragging fuel which can make me obnoxious, and again boring. lrn2havefun keysmashing!

Best post of this thread.