Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   [Aired] No Game No Life (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136322)

Izzy 04-11-2014 02:47 PM

[Aired] No Game No Life

Quote:

The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where "everything is decided by games"—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing."
Will be starting some threads for shows I assume people will like here. This is one I plan on watching this season. The season is just getting started so I haven't checked out everything yet.

ddr_f4n 04-11-2014 02:49 PM

Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

Seen the first episode already.

The characters are kinda SAO-ish already (most specifically the MC acting a lot like Kirito, despite the same VA). Other than that it looks like a really fun anime to watch, so I'll continue to follow it this season.

Izzy 04-11-2014 02:53 PM

It started off SAO-ish and I was starting to be turned off by it. I'm really glad it didn't turn out to be about inside a game world because that whole idea got old pretty fast.

Pseudo Enigma 04-11-2014 02:58 PM

I'll also be checking this one out. I haven't gotten around to any of the 10 other series I'm watching this season because I've been too lazy to clear off the ones left over from last (Super Sonico anime is OP. 3/10 would not watch ever again)

Probably will get around to it today if I can manage to clear out my profile queue or just say fuck it

7/10 will continue watching this season.

Snowcrafta 04-11-2014 03:16 PM

No Game No Life: The FFR Story

XelNya 04-11-2014 04:18 PM

I'm usually not one to comment on this sort of thing but the animation is pretty damn great looking.

I'm gonna be watching this one through. It might be better than I suspected it to be (see Kill La Kill last season where it was like xfkfjdkfjkgfjdkfgjdgfjgf amazing.)

Tyson ultima 04-11-2014 05:04 PM

I hope you know the only reason to watch this is because of the music artists. I'll give you a hint if you don't know Shinji hosoe you *****'s be uncultured. (Sampling Masters Mega)

FontSize72LOL 04-11-2014 05:49 PM

First episode was solid, There is potential in this series, but there is also just as much potential for this to turn into a gigantic pile of shit. I just hope the ecchi isn't overdone, that will probably be one of the main factors determining how much i enjoy this series.

HalfStep 04-11-2014 10:28 PM

Hopefully it doesn't go all ALFheim online on us, good so far tho

Zageron 04-11-2014 10:48 PM

I'll give this a try. :)

Edit: Okay, I like this so far.

megamon88 04-12-2014 04:07 PM

Seems ok so far, I just hope the MC doesn't become a complete Gary Stu.

L.B.D.D 04-12-2014 05:23 PM

this sounds liek shit

Izzy 04-12-2014 05:45 PM

And there you have it. I guess the show is shit, everyone might as well stop watching.

Pseudo Enigma 04-12-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.B.D.D (Post 4115153)
this sounds liek shit

omg no way

L.B.D.D 04-12-2014 06:05 PM

grow up

Pseudo Enigma 04-12-2014 07:15 PM

ya cartoons are for kids

Untimely Friction 04-12-2014 07:46 PM

Don't neglect multiple genres of animoo! This is sorta legit, but there are fans of other kinds of anime (Such as Action in my case) which people might appreciate similar threads for :D

L.B.D.D 04-12-2014 08:09 PM

okay im not bluntly hating or anything this just sounds too similar to recent animes like sao or attack on titan or w/e lol

rCaliberGX 04-12-2014 09:11 PM

for now i'll follow it, hopefully it doesn't pull an SAO and shit all over itself