Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR players, what keyboard do you use? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150303)

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 12:49 AM

FFR players, what keyboard do you use?

I use a Razer black widow chroma and it’s the best keyboard I’ve owned.

How bout you guys?

Matthia 12-2-2018 01:15 AM

Re: FFR players, what keyboard do you use?

I only play on chromebooks, so it's a flat keyboard. Mechanicals are too hard to push down and very tiring

Elena- 12-2-2018 01:49 AM

Apex m800

Lycostria 12-2-2018 02:01 AM

I'm using a Corsair K70 Lux with red switches haha. It's actually my first mechanical keyboard and it works well for me, although I had to adjust to it a little.

dragonmegaXX 12-2-2018 02:06 AM

First decent thread and I unfortunately use the same keyboard as OP lol

Herogashix 12-2-2018 02:11 AM

i'm using some dumb chinese keyboard

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycostria (Post 4659753)
I'm using a Corsair K70 Lux with red switches haha. It's actually my first mechanical keyboard and it works well for me, although I had to adjust to it a little.

Mechanical keyboards are top tier for rhythm gaming

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthia (Post 4659747)
I only play on chromebooks, so it's a flat keyboard. Mechanicals are too hard to push down and very tiring

No tacticle feedback eww

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4659754)
First decent thread and I unfortunately use the same keyboard as OP lol

It’s better than an HP keyboard …

Wayward Vagabond 12-2-2018 02:58 AM

I use the Razer ornata chroma. It's a "mech membrane hybrid" but it's the best keyboard I've used for rhythm games. It's got low profile keys and it feels like pressing the keys. Before this kb I used a key cool 87key brown switch keyboard that was really nice also

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4659764)
I use the Razer ornata chroma. It's a "mech membrane hybrid" but it's the best keyboard I've used for rhythm games. It's got low profile keys and it feels like pressing the keys. Before this kb I used a key cool 87key brown switch keyboard that was really nice also

Don’t you have to fully let go of the key before it registers again? Wouldn’t that make rolls and vibro unbearably hard?

(Basing this off of Miraie’s review)

samurai7694 12-2-2018 03:05 AM

currently: Logitech G Pro. It uses Romer G switches and they're pretty amazing imo (shoutouts to an awesome friend who introduced me to it!)

my previous love: Logitech Ultra X PS/2. I still have it but it's barely functional. Lots of godly scores were on it though

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4659767)
currently: Logitech G Pro. It uses Romer G switches and they're pretty amazing imo (shoutouts to an awesome friend who introduced me to it!)

my previous love: Logitech Ultra X PS/2. I still have it but it's barely functional. Lots of godly scores were on it though

Relevant https://twitter.com/wolfietwit/statu...767961600?s=21

G.S.M 12-2-2018 03:54 AM

cheap logitech keyboard

keep that fancy shit

SKG_Scintill 12-2-2018 04:06 AM

a black one

_Fluttershy_ 12-2-2018 04:08 AM

Logitech K120

Yes, I'm aware that is, pretty much, a meme keyboard (although JonlovesDDR was responsible for that).

I originally used to just use my laptop keyboard when I started playing FFR/Stepmania, around 7 years ago now. When my laptop broke and I got a new one, I just couldn't play on the built-in keyboard. So, I just went to the store down the road from me (it's a supermarket so the choices weren't considerably huge) and picked up the Logitech K120 and I was able to get my old skill back. Since then - this was early 2013 - I've been using a K120 lol!

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Fluttershy_ (Post 4659775)
Logitech K120

Yes, I'm aware that is, pretty much, a meme keyboard (although JonlovesDDR was responsible for that).

I originally used to just use my laptop keyboard when I started playing FFR/Stepmania, around 7 years ago now. When my laptop broke and I got a new one, I just couldn't play on the built-in keyboard. So, I just went to the store down the road from me (it's a supermarket so the choices weren't considerably huge) and picked up the Logitech K120 and I was able to my old skill back. Since then - this was early 2013 - I've been using a K120 lol!

Why not go the extra mile and buy a hyperx so you don’t get key ghosting?

Wayward Vagabond 12-2-2018 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4659765)
Don’t you have to fully let go of the key before it registers again? Wouldn’t that make rolls and vibro unbearably hard?

(Basing this off of Miraie’s review)

No you don't. You do need to almost completely press them to register but you don't have to completely release

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4659779)
No you don't. You do need to almost completely press them to register but you don't have to completely release

Would you recommend someone who prefers mechanical keyboards to try one out? I don’t know, I kinda need a backup keyboard…

AutotelicBrown 12-2-2018 05:12 AM

6gv2 red switches (also used the black switches version before).