Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Pony (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121802)

megamon88 01-25-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Team Pony

What I used to do was to emphasize all my keytaps to make sure they're all on beat. It'll definitely help your PA on slower sections, but you can't really do this on fast runs like a 32nd roll or something. Another thing I suggest is to download Stepmania and work on your MA. Once you start getting minimal amounts of greats, come back to FFR and the PA window will seem a lot more lenient than Stepmania.

Hope this helps!

bmah 01-25-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrokinesis (Post 3624165)
Should I continue playing out the harder songs and working on those FC's or should I be playing the earlier songs til I can AAA them?

Do the former. Play harder songs till it doesn't make sense anymore. Eventually, you'll make sense out of hard songs (pattern recognition, how to hit patterns, etc.), and lower-levelled songs will become a lot easier in turn as well. I wouldn't worry about AAAs at all yet. I mean, you've just stated that you can just "pass" 9s. Try to full combo 10s and 11s before you worry about AAAing stuff.

Also try some Stepmania (harder songs of course).

Electrokinesis 01-25-2012 01:27 PM

Thank guys! I'll go that route then.

UserNameGoesHere 01-25-2012 05:01 PM

If you're FC'ing 8's I'd try AAA'ing 6's or 7's. Maybe 5's.

You could also try a different keyboard. Sometimes that matters.

Really though depending who you ask they'll tell you different things. You gotta do what seems most fun to you.

bmah 01-25-2012 05:04 PM

I still would advocate not AAAing anything for a while, since AAAing requires you focus on perfection, and you're less likely to have fun if you're concentrating entirely on accuracy and being technical about executing your plays to a chart. I seem to have more fun when I don't care about perfection and play for a FC or just the heck of it.

So trying to simply play a harder song without worrying about AAAing I find can be fun and productive at the same time. PAing something is less stressful than trying to AAA it.

evanescence_death4ever 01-25-2012 09:24 PM

May I join Team Pony? I'd be delighted to be on one of these teams... And the ponies are just too cute!

megamon88 01-25-2012 09:58 PM

Sure! Tell me what you want on your sig (if you want one) and I'll try to get it to you tomorrow :P

evanescence_death4ever 01-26-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3624670)
Sure! Tell me what you want on your sig (if you want one) and I'll try to get it to you tomorrow :P

Okay! I think I want Fluttershy in my sig, I love her!! (I don't have a reference picture... just a cute-not too silly one preferably). Of course it should have Team Pony, right? And... I don't want my username, I just go by Eva (like Ehvuh haha). If you could just put "Eva" somewhere on there, that'd be great! Thanks so much =)

>_> I was just looking, and everyone's full username is on their sigs... Mine is just so unbelievably negative (that's what 4 years can do to you apparently). I guess the standard thing with the username is okay though if that's a must!

*Facepalm* I'm bad at this. Although I love Fluttershy, I see that you love her too! It might be better if I pick a different pony? Luna would be my top choice =)

Electrokinesis 01-26-2012 11:24 AM

You guys can share Fluttershy!
If you notice, UserNameGoesHere and I are sharing Vinyl Scratch.

"Sharing, kindness"
-Fluttershy

"It's an easy feat~"
-Twilight Sparkle

megamon88 01-26-2012 11:28 AM

Actually twilight says "it's an easy feat" :P

And of course we can share fluttershy! Just look at my user title :D

I'm not home right now but I'll try to make it when I get home :P

gold stinger 01-26-2012 01:47 PM

"And magic makes it all complete!~"
-Everyone

Good to see you all again. Been awhile. I'm cramming for exams and just noticed community burst after finishing my math and business exams. I just got my English exam tomorrow, and then my History exam on Monday.

As for songs, (because I usually post about songs,) I haven't been really working on them that much because of the end-of-term project due dates and the exams following afterwards. But since I'm getting them all out of the way rather quickly, and I got almost a full free week coming up, you could probably expect some new songs in the future.

Would also like to add

Wanted to step this song for so long, and finally got around to doing so, with all the stopping goodness.
It has a blind-jump stream, stops out the oiseau, and lovely lovely mash notes.
It's totally passable, I'm just not that good at the blind-jump stream.

leonid 01-26-2012 01:48 PM

megamon88 01-26-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3625008)

I remember seeing that a while ago :P it was actually funny, despite the obvious blood and gore.

LongGone 01-26-2012 06:53 PM

Not sure if posted before

megamon88 01-26-2012 06:56 PM

Never seen that one before. Reminds me of yaplap's stuff xD

Oh and I finished your sig Eva. Tell me if you want anything changed :P

DissonantMuse 01-26-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongGone (Post 3625232)
Not sure if posted before

THIS! bumping for epicness.

evanescence_death4ever 01-26-2012 09:07 PM

Megamon~ It's lovely! Thanks so much =)

DJAirWave 01-26-2012 09:33 PM

Welcome to the herd!!

ectperson 01-26-2012 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ponies taste good.

MinaciousGrace 01-27-2012 02:18 PM

so i'll be officially releasing mmm3 at the end of the month and it has a couple of new pony charts for you guys +tempered files i've already sent so i'll shoot you guys a link here when it's out and someone can download it and put in the 2 seconds of silence and zip it off to justin

also slightly offtopic megamon would you mind making me a cdtitle ft. flyshy please :o

if no thats fine too