Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   F-Scale test and other fun quizzes! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151520)

melonpapes 12-9-2019 04:21 PM

Re: F-Scale test

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704422)
I might just overthink everything lol, I thought the question was to judge how much faith and optimism you place into things that you don't know are for sure right/correct

Thats actually a smart and logical way of understanding the question's purpose. I wouldn't say you overthought it any more than Moria did. I think he would have been better to leave that question neutral, considering it wasn't clear to him what it was asking.

choof 12-9-2019 07:48 PM

wow never would have guessed that I'm cynical and paranoid

gold stinger 12-9-2019 08:14 PM

I think the high level of Cynicism recording in this test is based on our collective ability to ostracize people for not following social expectation / etiquette, like when someone is seen as rude, or annoying, or can't be bothered to use the urinal on the other side of the bathroom instead of the one next to me when they're all vacant. The wording and generalization of some of the categories here are weird.

"Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Your Score: High"

Definitely wouldn't consider myself openly destructive / cynical based on that kind of definition they are chasing. I'll have reservations within that, like the example I mentioned. But, I don't really think it defines me.

Hakulyte 12-10-2019 03:00 AM

flashflash account 12-10-2019 03:58 AM

I got average on everything except I got 67% on anti-degeneracy which apparently is high
which I guess means most people are degenerates

AutotelicBrown 12-10-2019 05:59 AM

The test itself is almost as bad as the ideals being covered.

Anyway

ilikexd 12-10-2019 06:55 AM

What the fuck is "anti-degeneracy" and why do you have to keep posting nazi quizzes

Andrew WCY 12-10-2019 08:30 AM

Hmm... definitely wasn't expecting myself to score that high on the cynicism and superstition scales. I'm gonna take this test with a grain of salt like I usually do with most online quizzes.

Andrew WCY 12-10-2019 08:43 AM

...And here are the definitions of each score from the quiz, if anyone's interested:

Conventionalism
Rigid adherence to conventional, middle-class values.

Authoritarian Submission
Submissive, uncritical attitude towards the idealized authorities of the group.

Authoritarian Aggression
Tendency to be alert to, condemn, reject, and to want to punish people who violate conventional values.

Anti-Intraception
Opposition to the subjective and the imaginative, as well as a dislike of abstract art and tender-minded people.

Superstition-Stereotypy
Superstitious beliefs about the determinants of the individual's fate and the disposition to think in rigid categories.

Power-Toughness
Preoccupation with dominance-submission and leader-follower dynamics, as well as identification with power figures and the tendency to want to assert strength and toughness.

Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Projectivity
Disposition to suspect that wild and dangerous things go behind closed doors, that one's group is losing control and that traditional society is headed towards destruction.

Anti-Degeneracy
Concern with the sexual "goings-on" of others and resistance to sexual degeneracy within one’s group.

Total Score
Your total F score, meaning your receptivity to authoritarian/fascist beliefs.

melonpapes 12-10-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4704648)
What the fuck is "anti-degeneracy" and why do you have to keep posting nazi quizzes

THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

rushyrulz 12-10-2019 10:23 AM

Yeah I suppose I'm a bit cynical, but at the same time, people being selfish is kinda factual

I think anyone under 20% on that category is probably prone to getting scammed/conned which are real things that exist in reality.

choof 12-10-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4704648)

a quick google search shows me this quiz was designed by a dude who was forced into exile by the nazi party for being a non-aryan and anti-nazi lol cmon son
also

"Working for the newly relocated Institute for Social Research, Adorno collaborated on influential studies of authoritarianism, antisemitism and propaganda that would later serve as models for sociological studies the Institute carried out in post-war Germany."

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 10:40 AM

all I care about is not hitting the F-Scale on my exam today

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4704658)
a quick google search shows me this quiz was designed by a dude who was forced into exile by the nazi party for being a non-aryan and anti-nazi lol cmon son
also

"Working for the newly relocated Institute for Social Research, Adorno collaborated on influential studies of authoritarianism, antisemitism and propaganda that would later serve as models for sociological studies the Institute carried out in post-war Germany."

dont think too much of it, hihi91 was just blasted on that gay weed when he thought it was nazis

ilikexd 12-10-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704655)
THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

No

ilikexd 12-10-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4704658)
also

I didn't mean made by a nazi when I said nazi quiz

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704660)
all I care about is not hitting the F-Scale on my exam today

If anyones curious I got destroyed but probably passed, lets just say I put the C in C++

Moria 12-11-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704420)
You know you can leave it in the middle as "neither agree nor disagree", however, I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question meant whether ot not Astrology can be used to accurately predict or explain phenomenon.

damn tell me how you really feel

Its never been about what is implied, its about what is explicitly stated. It asked if astology could explain things, of course it fucking can. I can explain things too, even you can explain things. That doesn't make explanation connate with logically sound or even accurate in the slightest. The whole test is a bunk on poor logic.

Moria 12-11-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704655)
THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

You're a fault.

melonpapes 12-11-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4705040)
You're a fault.

What does he mean by this?