Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   F-Scale test and other fun quizzes! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151520)

melonpapes 12-9-2019 11:13 AM

F-Scale test and other fun quizzes!

I know you guys love doing quizzes

mellonxcollie 12-9-2019 11:14 AM

Re: F-Scale test

MarcusHawkins 12-9-2019 11:25 AM

Heh. I am pretty average

PhantomPuppy 12-9-2019 11:52 AM

apparently I'm cynical and have "generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies" lol

EppuJoloZ 12-9-2019 12:52 PM

Your average citizen here

SpaceGorilla 12-9-2019 01:03 PM

Dinglesberry 12-9-2019 01:58 PM

im surprised tbh (well i guess not with the fact that my authoritarian submission is like 2x my aggression but alas)

huh

Not devonin 12-9-2019 02:00 PM

Dinglesberry 12-9-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4704355)

damn lad o_O What did that end up being, like 50% less authoritarian? xd

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4704324)

literal god combo right there

mellonxcollie 12-9-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704354)

huh

lol I thought this question was weird too. I answered "slightly agree" cause when I was a kid I had this weird urge to tumble myself down the stairs, is that the same thing?

melonpapes 12-9-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4704359)
lol I thought this question was weird too. I answered "slightly agree" cause when I was a kid I had this weird urge to tumble myself down the stairs, is that the same thing?

I read it as "some people are naturally going to want to do dangerous or Daredevil acts for thrill"

some people call this phenomenon "the call of the void"

inDheart 12-9-2019 02:45 PM

17.4% less than avg apparently

edit: i interpreted that one kinda like "suicidal ideation is just a thing people have"

SpaceGorilla 12-9-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704358)
literal god combo right there

some men just want to watch the world burn

Moria 12-9-2019 03:26 PM

fuck it I'm out, these questions never needed to be asked.

we're living in the worst timeline imaginable.

Someone, somewhere believes the statements we responded to.

Keep that in mind.

Moria 12-9-2019 03:45 PM

I wonder if others had their results skewwed by the ambiguous wording.

Like this:

The last thing I could possibly believe, but in the future sure. Astrology could explain a lot of things. That does not mean a single explanation would be accurate or scientifically valid. But by the wording, I had no choice.

Astology can explain all it fucking wants, so can you or I, that doesn't make it any more or less right.
This is one reason why the test is for the doomed.

Fuck whoever thought this test was a good idea.
They are the literal foundation of garbage.

aperson 12-9-2019 04:14 PM

how do people even get scores above like 30 on this thing

Dinglesberry 12-9-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704364)
I read it as "some people are naturally going to want to do dangerous or Daredevil acts for thrill"

some people call this phenomenon "the call of the void"

I interpretted it as saying that things like depression are a thing that is just inherently part of us/can be there, and isn't caused by circumstances and whatnot, but hell I have no idea

melonpapes 12-9-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4704412)
I wonder if others had their results skewwed by the ambiguous wording.

Like this:

The last thing I could possibly believe, but in the future sure. Astrology could explain a lot of things. That does not mean a single explanation would be accurate or scientifically valid. But by the wording, I had no choice.

You know you can leave it in the middle as "neither agree nor disagree", however, I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question meant whether ot not Astrology can be used to accurately predict or explain phenomenon.

Quote:

Fuck whoever thought this test was a good idea.
They are the literal foundation of garbage.
damn tell me how you really feel

Dinglesberry 12-9-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704420)
however, I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question meant whether ot not Astrology can be used to accurately predict or explain phenomenon.

I might just overthink everything lol, I thought the question was to judge how much faith and optimism you place into things that you don't know are for sure right/correct

gold stinger 12-9-2019 04:20 PM

hmm. Definitely wasn't expecting this.

melonpapes 12-9-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704422)
I might just overthink everything lol, I thought the question was to judge how much faith and optimism you place into things that you don't know are for sure right/correct

Thats actually a smart and logical way of understanding the question's purpose. I wouldn't say you overthought it any more than Moria did. I think he would have been better to leave that question neutral, considering it wasn't clear to him what it was asking.

choof 12-9-2019 07:48 PM

wow never would have guessed that I'm cynical and paranoid

gold stinger 12-9-2019 08:14 PM

I think the high level of Cynicism recording in this test is based on our collective ability to ostracize people for not following social expectation / etiquette, like when someone is seen as rude, or annoying, or can't be bothered to use the urinal on the other side of the bathroom instead of the one next to me when they're all vacant. The wording and generalization of some of the categories here are weird.

"Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Your Score: High"

Definitely wouldn't consider myself openly destructive / cynical based on that kind of definition they are chasing. I'll have reservations within that, like the example I mentioned. But, I don't really think it defines me.

Hakulyte 12-10-2019 03:00 AM

flashflash account 12-10-2019 03:58 AM

I got average on everything except I got 67% on anti-degeneracy which apparently is high
which I guess means most people are degenerates

AutotelicBrown 12-10-2019 05:59 AM

The test itself is almost as bad as the ideals being covered.

Anyway

ilikexd 12-10-2019 06:55 AM

What the fuck is "anti-degeneracy" and why do you have to keep posting nazi quizzes

Andrew WCY 12-10-2019 08:30 AM

Hmm... definitely wasn't expecting myself to score that high on the cynicism and superstition scales. I'm gonna take this test with a grain of salt like I usually do with most online quizzes.

Andrew WCY 12-10-2019 08:43 AM

...And here are the definitions of each score from the quiz, if anyone's interested:

Conventionalism
Rigid adherence to conventional, middle-class values.

Authoritarian Submission
Submissive, uncritical attitude towards the idealized authorities of the group.

Authoritarian Aggression
Tendency to be alert to, condemn, reject, and to want to punish people who violate conventional values.

Anti-Intraception
Opposition to the subjective and the imaginative, as well as a dislike of abstract art and tender-minded people.

Superstition-Stereotypy
Superstitious beliefs about the determinants of the individual's fate and the disposition to think in rigid categories.

Power-Toughness
Preoccupation with dominance-submission and leader-follower dynamics, as well as identification with power figures and the tendency to want to assert strength and toughness.

Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Projectivity
Disposition to suspect that wild and dangerous things go behind closed doors, that one's group is losing control and that traditional society is headed towards destruction.

Anti-Degeneracy
Concern with the sexual "goings-on" of others and resistance to sexual degeneracy within one’s group.

Total Score
Your total F score, meaning your receptivity to authoritarian/fascist beliefs.

melonpapes 12-10-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4704648)
What the fuck is "anti-degeneracy" and why do you have to keep posting nazi quizzes

THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

rushyrulz 12-10-2019 10:23 AM

Yeah I suppose I'm a bit cynical, but at the same time, people being selfish is kinda factual

I think anyone under 20% on that category is probably prone to getting scammed/conned which are real things that exist in reality.

choof 12-10-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4704648)

a quick google search shows me this quiz was designed by a dude who was forced into exile by the nazi party for being a non-aryan and anti-nazi lol cmon son
also

"Working for the newly relocated Institute for Social Research, Adorno collaborated on influential studies of authoritarianism, antisemitism and propaganda that would later serve as models for sociological studies the Institute carried out in post-war Germany."

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 10:40 AM

all I care about is not hitting the F-Scale on my exam today

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4704658)
a quick google search shows me this quiz was designed by a dude who was forced into exile by the nazi party for being a non-aryan and anti-nazi lol cmon son
also

"Working for the newly relocated Institute for Social Research, Adorno collaborated on influential studies of authoritarianism, antisemitism and propaganda that would later serve as models for sociological studies the Institute carried out in post-war Germany."

dont think too much of it, hihi91 was just blasted on that gay weed when he thought it was nazis

ilikexd 12-10-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704655)
THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

No

ilikexd 12-10-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4704658)
also

I didn't mean made by a nazi when I said nazi quiz

Dinglesberry 12-10-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4704660)
all I care about is not hitting the F-Scale on my exam today

If anyones curious I got destroyed but probably passed, lets just say I put the C in C++

Moria 12-11-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704420)
You know you can leave it in the middle as "neither agree nor disagree", however, I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question meant whether ot not Astrology can be used to accurately predict or explain phenomenon.

damn tell me how you really feel

Its never been about what is implied, its about what is explicitly stated. It asked if astology could explain things, of course it fucking can. I can explain things too, even you can explain things. That doesn't make explanation connate with logically sound or even accurate in the slightest. The whole test is a bunk on poor logic.

Moria 12-11-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4704655)
THE QUIZ IS A NAZI!!

see how silly you sound?

You're a fault.

melonpapes 12-11-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4705040)
You're a fault.

What does he mean by this?

flashflash account 12-11-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4705038)
Its never been about what is implied, its about what is explicitly stated. It asked if astology could explain things, of course it fucking can. I can explain things too, even you can explain things. That doesn't make explanation connate with logically sound or even accurate in the slightest. The whole test is a bunk on poor logic.

does the question about homosexuality refer to same sex attraction or homosexual acts

Moria 12-11-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705200)
does the question about homosexuality refer to same sex attraction or homosexual acts

Are you referring to the one where its like "homosexuals are hardly better than criminals and ought to be severly punished""

its referring to homosexuals, those are the words we;re given. just gonna have to decide for yourself what that word means to you

DaBackpack 12-11-2019 10:02 PM

I don't think I disagree with the results entirely, as a few of the traits they were testing for aren't exclusive to fascism

A bunch of leading/ambiguous questions though: "People convicted of sex crimes should receive punishment worse than prison, like being publicly whipped or killed"

---which is like I think that sex crimes should have significantly higher penal consequences but public whipping doesn't achieve justice

Questionnaire design certainly has come a long way since the 50's, I suppose

flashflash account 12-11-2019 10:20 PM

I'm noticing that a lot of yall are pretty destructive/cynical

melonpapes 12-11-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705215)
I'm noticing that a lot of yall are pretty destructive/cynical

(thats one of the traits i was most interesting in getting a baseline read for users of this forum, based on their hostility towards different opinions, certain users especially)

flashflash account 12-11-2019 11:23 PM

I assume below 50% means below average and vice versa

flashflash account 12-11-2019 11:25 PM

that is, you're being measured against an average and not some idealized baseline of what "average fascism" is

icontrolyourworld 12-11-2019 11:30 PM

flashflash account 12-11-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4704355)

I'm convinced you're a computer program

dAnceguy117 12-11-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705223)
(thats one of the traits i was most interesting in getting a baseline read for users of this forum, based on their hostility towards different opinions, certain users especially)

such as yourself...? idgi

Not devonin 12-11-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705232)
I'm convinced you're a computer program

In what ways?

beep boop

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4705234)
such as yourself...? idgi

you ever see me stoop to using slurs over and over again against those I disagree with or are u mixed up?
(btw, the person knows who they are and i'm over it so pls don't allow this to stir up more drama)

look at my test results :^)

btw, you literally have met me in real life, if you actually think I am a fascist or nazi or destructively hostile, then cool, i guess I know where you stand now. its two-faced as fuck though imo to join a circlejerk against me with people I've never met in person, when you actually have personal experience dating back to probably almost 2012 of who I am.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4705236)
In what ways?

beep boop

based on how I remember the test, to get results that low you'd probably have to be okay with like murder or something

edit:

nah this site is bogus dude

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705240)
based on how I remember the test, to get results that low you'd probably have to be okay with like murder or something

he did say beep boop

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705240)

edit:

nah this site is bogus dude

don't you think its a bit disingenuous to crop out "your personality is:" part?

do the star wars test next!!!

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:24 AM

I retook the test with a bit more emphasis on some of my answers

I dislike the concept of scalar answers; either you agree or you don't, so I only moved one over left and right last time

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705244)
https://www.idrlabs.com/star-wars-pathology/test.php

don't you think its a bit disingenuous to crop out "your personality is:" part?

do the star wars test next!!!

it asked so many questions about stealing what

oh and I guess r2d2 is adhd
makes sense since I am add

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:34 AM

for posterity i did the star wars test too

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:39 AM

transgender attitude test https://www.idrlabs.com/transgender/test.php

(it was more moderate than I expected)

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705238)
look at my test results :^)

this is the only thing I was alluding to, it didn't sound like you were acknowledging that your "Destructiveness-Cynicism" score was high (and your following response confused me for this reason as well)

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4705249)
this is the only thing I was alluding to, it didn't sound like you were acknowledging that your "Destructiveness-Cynicism" score was high (and your following response confused me for this reason as well)

sorry that wasn't very clear at all (to me) and i don't mean to jump down ur throat if thats what you meant my dude.

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

s'all good I could have been more specific definitely

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

fwiw i acknowledge i scored high in that category because I WILL vehemently defend my beliefs, but I never go to the point of actual "destruction". at least I hope not. i wouldn't completely disregard a friend or peer for their beliefs, or else the divergent political opinions that me and mellonxcollie hold would have burned that friendship long ago (just one example of many but its the most apparent one, to me, because myself and her do agree to disagree in some aspects)

sorry for over-reacting, just don't wanna lose a pal to some crap like that

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

https://www.idrlabs.com/pol/trump/test.php

Trump Factor Test
Your Trump Factor is 18%, which makes you a Weak Donald.
result icon

Oh golly. This isn't a sight that would please the Donald. What a weak and scrawny Trump Factor you have, entirely lacking in resolve or excitement. You've got to have excitement or you won't have energy. You've got to have energy, or you won't be strong. If you're not strong, soon you're not even gonna have a Trump Factor at all – you're just gonna have nothing.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:43 AM

okay as dumb as these are they are pretty fun

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705254)
okay as dumb as these are they are pretty fun

EVERYONE LOVES QUIZZES and i think we should just do a lot of the dumb/interesting ones and share the results if not for fun but to get to know eachother all a bit better<3

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:49 AM

https://www.idrlabs.com/climate-change/test.php

this test showed me that I am not really abreast of the current climate change discussion more than anything, which shows me that the internet is doing more yelling than talking

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:54 AM

Re: F-Scale test and other fun quizzes!

https://www.idrlabs.com/neighborhood...rence/test.php

this one is fun too it's based on questions about your ideal neighborhood then turns that into your political stance because that's how politics works

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705256)
https://www.idrlabs.com/climate-change/test.php

this test showed me that I am not really abreast of the current climate change discussion more than anything, which shows me that the internet is doing more yelling than talking

100% agree, i wasn't sure how to answer half of these honestly because I'm not well informed enough, so there has got to be something better that can be done in order to provide the information needed to make these decisions intelligently rather than simply demanding action

aperson 12-12-2019 01:00 AM

i would say this test is correct.

melonpapes 12-12-2019 01:00 AM

most of the answers in this question, especially about transgender and things like hybrid cars, i was right in the middle. i don't think having an abundance of those things would change my view on the neighbourhood. i have no opinion, and definitely don't DISAGREE to have them in my neighbourhood. ultimately, it doesn't affect me.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705260)
most of the answers in this question, especially about transgender and things like hybrid cars, i was right in the middle. i don't think having an abundance of those things would change my view on the neighbourhood. i have no opinion, and definitely don't DISAGREE to have them in my neighbourhood. ultimately, it doesn't affect me.

in this case I felt like some of the questions weren't nuanced enough, but I felt like overall I was able to describe my ideal neighborhood (not caring about hybrid cars, but caring about bicycles because I dislike cars and not necessarily caring about their effect on the global environment)

aperson 12-12-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705258)
100% agree, i wasn't sure how to answer half of these honestly because I'm not well informed enough, so there has got to be something better that can be done in order to provide the information needed to make these decisions intelligently rather than simply demanding action

There is tons of information on climate change. The reason you aren't up to date on it is because of activist campaigns by the fossil fuel, plastics, transporation, etc... industries to misinform you. Similar lobbying interests also have sway in news media, and you won't find accurate reporting in either American nor Canadian news for this reason.

It is naive to blame this on the people demanding action rather than the people misinforming you.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4705262)
There is tons of information on climate change. The reason you aren't up to date on it is because of activist campaigns by the fossil fuel, plastics, transporation, etc... industries to misinform you. Similar lobbying interests also have sway in news media, and you won't find accurate reporting in either American nor Canadian news for this reason.

It is naive to blame this on the people demanding action rather than the people misinforming you.

the industry doesn't control my facebook friends posting greta thunberg and polar bears everywhere

and something about buffalo being safer

this is 100% an area where people are trying to make emotional appeals and ignoring facts

the sun fan 12-12-2019 01:04 AM

No idea why comply with Kyoto isn't 100%

EDIT: I think I'm like significantly more of a skeptic but I think we should try to address climate change more. I just don't believe its really going to happen.

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 01:07 AM

this quiz is old hat now i see

aperson 12-12-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705263)
the industry doesn't control my facebook friends posting greta thunberg and polar bears everywhere

and something about buffalo being safer

It may surprise you to know that kids Greta's age will inherit a planet that does not have food, potable water, nor an organized global society by the time they are in their 50s if we continue on a business as usual pathway. In the worst outcomes, we will have a planet that emits enough hydrogen sulfide to kill most vertebrate life, like the end-Permian mass extinction.

It may also surprise you to know that polar bears are experiencing extensive range reduction which is a precursor to extinction events.

But sure, go off about the facebook memes.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4705266)
It may surprise you to know that kids Greta's age will inherit a planet that does not have food, potable water, nor an organized global society by the time they are in their 50s if we continue on a business as usual pathway. In the worst outcomes, we will have a planet that emits enough hydrogen sulfide to kill most vertebrate life, like the end-Permian mass extinction.

this does in fact surprise me

polar bear thing is old news

aperson 12-12-2019 01:12 AM

Stay a while and listen to what's happening to our oceans

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:13 AM

gonna have to pass on the hour and a half video
I can't even watch a 10 minute video most of the time unless it's really entertaining