Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ideas for future TWGs (possibly the next one) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=63252)

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 03-18-2007 05:34 PM

Ideas for future TWGs (possibly the next one)

This is an idea made by a friend of mine:

Disco's game:

16 players (?)

WOLF TEAM

2 WOLVES
1 BRUTAL WOLF (ARCH-TRAITOR)

- The night after he is lynched, he may PM the name of one living player to the host. That player will be killed during the night IN ADDITION to the regular wolf kill. The BODYGUARD *cannot* block this kill. The BRUTAL WOLF can *only* choose a player that voted to lynch him the day he was killed.

HUMAN TEAM

1 SEER

1 BODYGUARD (LIEUTENANT OF THE GUARD)
- Sends in a PM that stops all night actions on that player. (wolf kills, seers, thieves etc.) Exception is the BRUTAL WOLF kill. The BODYGUARD will be told if he stopped a night action, but will not be told what action was attempted or who attempted it. The BODYGUARD *CANNOT* GUARD the same person two nights in a row. If he protects So-and-So N1, he cannot protect So-and-So again until N3.

9 ORDINARY GUARDS

NEUTRAL TEAM

2 THIEVES
- Do NOT know each other's identity.
- Can choose ONE of the following actions during any given day/night cycle.
STEAL: Targets a living player. Will steal one ITEM from that player, if they have one. (If they have multiple ITEMs, the item will be random.) Usable only at night.
ROB THE DEAD: Targets any dead player. Will steal one ITEM from that player. Usable only at night.
ROB THE LYNCHED: Targets the player to be lynched the next day. Will steal ALL ITEMS from that player. Must be used at night; will take place the following day.
*NOTE - if both thieves attempt the same action against the same target, both actions will fail.*
- FLEE TOWN: the thief using this action flees town and is out of the game. Thieves using this ability are treated as "dead" for all attempts and purposes. They will be announced as "dead" at the start of the next day. *NOTE - in order to win, a thief *must* FLEE TOWN before the game ends.

- Will start the game knowing a little more about ITEMs than the rest of the players.
- Will start the game with one LUCKY CHARM.

An individual thief wins if he accomplishes BOTH of the following:
a) Successfully flees town before being killed AND before the game ends;
b) Has more ITEMs (not counting LUCKY CHARMS) than the other thief. If tied: the tiebreaker will be total votes cast against them over the course of the game (the fewer the better).
*NOTE - if only one thief flees town and the other is killed or fails to flee by game's end, the fleeing thief will win by default. If neither thief flees town, both lose.

First rule: Participation is mandatory.

People who sign up and do not participate will be given exactly one warning. If they do it again, they are gone. Period. No replacements, no nothin'. The rest of the guards will find their headless body swimming in the moat.

Players who are no longer able to meet the game's commitment can contact me for a replacement; if I can come up with someone willing to take your spot, I will be happy to do so. But the burden is on the player to actively request a replacement.

Second rule: Communication.

Night talking will be allowed.

Third rule: Voting.

Instalynch is OFF for this game. Days will end at the set deadline, even if a player reaches a majority prior to that deadline. Only the final voting tally will count.

Fourth rule: Items!

At the start of the game, some players will be told they have items. They will be given a flavor-text description of any item they start with, and at least a rough idea of what it does. Some items must be used to be effective, others are effective merely by having them. If an item must be used, using the item can be accomplished by PMing me and saying so. Item distribution will be semi-random; it will not be purely random as role assignment is, but some random elements will be present.

Players may PASS items at night. To do so, PM me and say "I pass the Grand Sceptre of Frobozz to (so-and-so)." A passed item may not be used that night. (And no, there is no Grand Sceptre of Frobozz. Or is there?) Players with a night action may still use their night action in addition to passing items.

Disadvantage of passing an item: if the wolves successfully kill the person receiving the item, they will steal the item passed!

Benefit of passing an item: the thieves cannot steal an item being passed UNLESS it is being passed from a wolf to another wolf. (If this happens, the thieves will steal the item if they steal from the recipient, not the passer. This prevents the wolves from thief-proofing their items, since they obviously don't have to worry about being eaten.)

Here's a sample item. This item IS in the game, in multiple quantities. (Both thieves start with one. Others may be present ...?)

LUCKY CHARM (?).

Possessing this item will allow you to successfully avoid being killed once. Once used the LUCKY CHARM, becomes ineffective but is still passed as normal.

NOTE - if a bodyguard is protecting you, and you hold a lucky charm, the charm's power will still fade if you are attacked, even though the attack would have failed anyway!

Alternatively.

I would still like to see an anonymous TWG played. The exact setup hasn't been determined, but I think it would inclue:

1 seer
1 identity seer
possibly one wolf identity seer.

The identity seers would check one/two people a night.

If anyone thinks this is at all a good idea, PM/AIM me. I want to balance this thing but haven't put much thought into it/don't have much input.

FictionJunction 03-18-2007 05:52 PM

Re: Ideas for future TWGs (possibly the next one)

Heres mine. Flawofhumanity helped with it, too.

Runes, etc.

Listing:
---
16 Players
---
12 Humans:
- 8 Regular Humans
- 1 Human Sage
- 2 Stone Seekers
- 1 Tracer
4 Wolves:
- 1 Wolf Sage
- 1 Thief
- 1 MasterWolf
- 1 Regular Wolf
---
2 Items:
---
Pure Rune (Destruction ability/Protection ability)
Tainted Rune (Destruction ability/Protection ability)
---
Night Phase:
---
Human/Wolf Sage, Thief, Wolf kill PMs are sent to host.
Thief attempt # 1
Sages distribute runes.
Thief attempt # 2
Item PMs are sent to host.
Runes are used.
Wolves kill
Beams (if any)
---
Day Phase:
---
Sages receive seering information.
Lynch.
---

Item Descriptions:

Rules that apply to both the Pure Rune and the Tainted Rune:
Both runes have the exact same effects and abilities.
~ Destruction Ability: Kill a player of your choosing. [You can target yourself]
~ Protection Ability: Protect a player of your choosing. [You can target yourself]

Pure Rune: Always spawns every night at the hands of the Human Sage.

Tainted Rune: Always spawns every night at the hands of the Wolf Sage. If a wolf who is NOT the Wolf Sage is in possession of the Tainted Rune the wolf will die (explained in story).

General rules for any player with an item that has been given to him/her:
The player may choose to use the Destruction or Protection ability of the item. The item will always disappear after its use.
If the item is not used or distributed the item will disappear shedding a bright beam of light above the player’s house informing all others that this player had an item. The beam of light will be of the color of the player (green, blue, red), thus informing all players of the player’s possible roles (if more than one).
No player is able to physically see the difference between the Pure and Tainted Runes.

Role Descriptions:

Humans:

Human Sage: This player’s role is that of a Rune distributor and seer. The Human Sage will distribute the rune to a player in exchange for the player’s role. The Human Sage cannot use the rune that s/he has every night. If the Human Sage receives the Tainted Rune from the Wolf Sage he will appear as BLUE to the Wolf Sage. The Human Sage cannot give himself/herself the Pure Rune (explained in story).

Tracer: This player’s role revolves around both the Pure and Tainted Runes. If the Tracer receives a rune s/he will immediately know the name of the person who gave it to him or her. If the Tracer receives a rune from a Sage he will appear as BLUE to the sage. If a thief steals a rune from the Tracer the Tracer will be aware of who did it. He is the only one with the ability to detect this (explained in story).

Stone Seekers: They have the ability to sense where the runes are after they have been distributed. One Stone Seeker will know where the Tainted Rune, while the other will know where the Pure Rune is (explained in story). If given a rune by a sage, the sagewill see the Stone Seeker as BLUE.

Regular Humans: Normal meat. Nothing Special. If a human receives a rune they will appear as GREEN to the sage who distributed the rune.

Wolves:

Wolf Sage: This player’s role is that of a Rune distributor and shaman. The Wolf Sage will distribute the rune to a player in exchange for the player’s role. The Wolf Sage cannot use the rune that s/he has every night. If the Wolf Sage receives the Pure Rune from the Human Sage he will appear as RED to the Human Sage. The Wolf Sage cannot give himself the Tainted Rune (explained in story).

Thief: This role revolves around taking the runes from others. It is the thief’s main objective to take the Pure Rune from a player s/he suspects to have it. The thief will have two attempts (ON THE SAME HOUSE [JUST ONE PM]) to steal the rune: early at night and late at night. The thiefwill always forget on which attempt s/he stole the rune, if he does steal one (explained in story).

For reference:

Thief attempt # 1
Sages distribute runes.
Thief attempt # 2

The only person who is capable of tracing the thief is the Tracer.
If the Thief receives the Pure Rune from the Human Sage he will appear as RED to the Human Sage.

MasterWolf: A regular wolf with a twist. When given a Pure Rune, he will appear as GREEN to the Human Sage. The MasterWolf’s beam of light is also GREEN.

Regular Wolf: Normal Wolf. Nothing special. If given a Pure Rune, s/he will appear as RED to the Human Sage.

*Special Notes

This game has an extremely strong emphasis on the Night Phase activity and the time in which the special players and players with items send their PMs (if they choose to do so). So, be active and cautious.

NO CARDFLIPPING
NIGHT POSTING IS ALLOWED.

Comments, suggestions appreciated.

pntballa18 03-18-2007 06:08 PM

DBP, I really like this idea, but I do have a question. When it said things about communication, it didn't say anything about AIM. Is AIM talking allowed in this game?

EDIT: Fiction, I also like your idea. Was this the setup for the jTWG or the TWG you had planned?

FictionJunction 03-18-2007 06:12 PM

This is the TWG set-up. The jTWG set up is a 12 player game without a MW or the Stone Seekers. All other rules are the same.

heavylee 03-18-2007 06:42 PM

Me being a beginner in jtwg, I found Fiction's idea easier to follow, but I like both of them. Depends on who you are aiming the game at really, but for me I would rather try the sage game. (or it could have been the colors he used in his explanation :P )

edit: Sorry I didn't realize the title said TWG... I thought it said jTWG.

Kilgamayan 03-18-2007 06:45 PM

Just a quick reminder that I'll be running for 45 with a mystery role game.

Tps222 03-18-2007 07:29 PM

Kilga has to get 45, it's a factor of "5".

Kilgamayan 03-18-2007 07:38 PM

*multiple

And an odd multiple, at that. I don't mind missing the multiples of 10.

DarkManticoreX2 03-18-2007 08:07 PM

I love both ideas, Personally I like Fiction's more, but I want to play in both.

flawofhumanity 03-18-2007 08:09 PM

I like both ideas as well, but I'm obviously biased to Fiction's setup, since I played a small part in creating it.

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 03-18-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgamayan (Post 1359654)
Just a quick reminder that I'll be running for 45 with a mystery role game.

the next one is 44 though, isn't it?

And sorry if it was just as 'just so you remember kids...'

StoicRoivaS 03-18-2007 10:22 PM

I'm still thinking over the kill-less (in a way) wolf-bite TWG idea I've been thinking about for a while. I somewhat doubt that it'll be ready for the next game so maybe after kilga's. If anyone is interested in helping with it, feel free to IM me sometime at StoicRoivaS (AIM). I get the impression that more people were ready for a "normal", if you will, game, but maybe that's just my interpretation. Maybe Iggy and I will get the reverse voting game set-up in time and see if people want to play that one.

Kilgamayan 03-18-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA (Post 1360021)
the next one is 44 though, isn't it?

And sorry if it was just as 'just so you remember kids...'

Yes on both accounts.

GuidoHunter 03-18-2007 10:56 PM

DBP: what's the advantage for regular people to have items? I understand the lucky charm, but what about other items? And, thusly, why would someone pass an item?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 03-18-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter (Post 1360167)
DBP: what's the advantage for regular people to have items? I understand the lucky charm, but what about other items? And, thusly, why would someone pass an item?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Most of the items have uses for each different type of role, be it alignment or auxiliary or not. Passing items could be beneficial, but I can't really say anything more, since what items there are, what they do, and the quantities of said items are not public knowledge.

The game in my starting post is 100% ready, and is balanced, in case people show a bit more interest.

iggymatrixcounter 03-18-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS (Post 1360088)
Maybe Iggy and I will get the reverse voting game set-up in time and see if people want to play that one.

I doubt it. I found the setup for it and it requires more than 16 players to account for quick deaths early on. In it's current form it's not ready to be played. Not by a long shot.

And next game is 44.

Also for the tl;dr in all of us:

Disco's game:

17 players (?)

WOLF TEAM

2 WOLVES

- The night after he is lynched, he may PM the name of one living player to the host. That player will be killed during the night IN ADDITION to the regular wolf kill. The BODYGUARD *cannot* block this kill. The BRUTAL WOLF can *only* choose a player that voted to lynch him the day he was killed.

HUMAN TEAM

1 SEER
1 HUNTER (CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD)
- If only two players still live (one wolf and the hunter), the game will end with a victory for Team Good instead of Team Evil.

- Sends in a PM that stops all night actions on that player. (wolf kills, seers, thieves etc.) Exception is the BRUTAL WOLF kill. The BODYGUARD will be told if he stopped a night action, but will not be told what action was attempted or who attempted it. The BODYGUARD *CANNOT* GUARD the same person two nights in a row. If he protects So-and-So N1, he cannot protect So-and-So again until N3.

9 ORDINARY GUARDS

NEUTRAL TEAM

2 THIEVES
STEAL: Targets a living player. Will steal one ITEM from that player, if they have one. (If they have multiple ITEMs, the item will be random.) Usable only at night.
ROB THE DEAD: Targets any dead player. Will steal one ITEM from that player. Usable only at night.
ROB THE LYNCHED: Targets the player to be lynched the next day. Will steal ALL ITEMS from that player. Must be used at night; will take place the following day.
*NOTE - if both thieves attempt the same action against the same target, both actions will fail.*
- FLEE TOWN: the thief using this action flees town and is out of the game. Thieves using this ability are treated as "dead" for all attempts and purposes. They will be announced as "dead" at the start of the next day. *NOTE - in order to win, a thief *must* FLEE TOWN before the game ends.

- Will start the game knowing a little more about ITEMs than the rest of the players.

b) Has more ITEMs (not counting LUCKY CHARMS) than the other thief. If tied: the tiebreaker will be total votes cast against them over the course of the game (the fewer the better).
*NOTE - if only one thief flees town and the other is killed or fails to flee by game's end, the fleeing thief will win by default. If neither thief flees town, both lose.

People who sign up and do not participate will be given exactly one warning. If they do it again, they are gone. Period. No replacements, no nothin'. The rest of the guards will find their headless body swimming in the moat.

Players who are no longer able to meet the game's commitment can contact me for a replacement; if I can come up with someone willing to take your spot, I will be happy to do so. But the burden is on the player to actively request a replacement.

No night talking in this game.

Instalynch is OFF for this game. Days will end at the set deadline, even if a player reaches a majority prior to that deadline. Only the final voting tally will count.

Fourth rule: The game will start in D1, not N1.

Fifth rule: Items!

At the start of the game, some players will be told they have items. They will be given a flavor-text description of any item they start with, and at least a rough idea of what it does. Some items must be used to be effective, others are effective merely by having them. If an item must be used, using the item can be accomplished by PMing me and saying so. Item distribution will be semi-random; it will not be purely random as role assignment is, but some random elements will be present.

Players may PASS items at night. To do so, PM me and say "I pass the Grand Sceptre of Frobozz to (so-and-so)." A passed item may not be used that night. (And no, there is no Grand Sceptre of Frobozz. Or is there?) Players with a night action may still use their night action in addition to passing items.

Disadvantage of passing an item: if the wolves successfully kill the person receiving the item, they will steal the item passed!

Benefit of passing an item: the thieves cannot steal an item being passed UNLESS it is being passed from a wolf to another wolf. (If this happens, the thieves will steal the item if they steal from the recipient, not the passer. This prevents the wolves from thief-proofing their items, since they obviously don't have to worry about being eaten.)

Here's a sample item. This item IS in the game, in multiple quantities. (Both thieves start with one. Others may be present ...?)

LUCKY CHARM (?).

Possessing this item will allow you to successfully avoid being killed once. Once used the LUCKY CHARM, becomes ineffective but is still passed as normal.

NOTE - if a bodyguard is protecting you, and you hold a lucky charm, the charm's power will still fade if you are attacked, even though the attack would have failed anyway!

(I could shorten this more but I need your approval on some stuff as to how good you think my changes will be. But this should be easier to read for now)

Fiction's game:

EDIT: He changed it since I last looked at it so my version is different. I'll try to look at it again.

FoJaR 03-19-2007 12:25 AM

kinda wanna play DBP's mystery game of mystery.

have to create new AIM accounts, FFR accounts and distribute them with signups, but it would be really cool.

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 03-19-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoJaR (Post 1360477)
kinda wanna play DBP's mystery game of mystery.

have to create new AIM accounts, FFR accounts and distribute them with signups, but it would be really cool.

I'd be willing to create and distribute corresponding AIM/FFR names for an anonymous game.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter (Post 1360196)
Disco's game:

17 players (?)

WOLF TEAM

2 WOLVES

HUMAN TEAM

1 SEER
1 HUNTER (CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD)
- If only two players still live (one wolf and the hunter), the game will end with a victory for Team Good instead of Team Evil.

9 ORDINARY GUARDS

NEUTRAL TEAM

2 THIEVES

No night talking in this game.

Fourth rule: The game will start in D1, not N1.

Fifth rule: Items!

LUCKY CHARM (?).

The only things I would add:

When I posted this I didn't have too much time to read through all of it. I have played through this setup, and I know it's pretty solid, so I just wanted to get it up so people could comment.

HUNTER: the hunter would most likely be removed. (left in if people feel that it is an advantage that they would need were they on the human side)

NIGHT TALKING: If I hosted this game, night talking would be ON.

FictionJunction 03-19-2007 12:41 AM

for the tl;dr'es..

Runes, etc.

16 Players (2 runes)

12 Humans:
- 8 Regular Humans
- 1 Human Sage (blue)
- 2 Stone Seekers (blue)
- 1 Tracer (blue)
4 Wolves:
- 1 Wolf Sage
- 1 Thief
- 1 Regular Wolf
- 1 MW

Night phase:
Thief steal (in case of it being the sage's house)
Runes given out to players
Thief steal (in case of it being another player's house)
Rune powers are used
Wolf kill
Beams (if any)

2 Runes: onetime use, disappear after the day ends. you can either vigi someone or guard someone

Beams: If a rune is not distributed or used, a beam of the player's corresponding color will show above the player's house allowing everyone to know that player's color.

Sages: get a rune every night that must be given to another player. They receive a seer report on anyone they give a rune to. (if the wolf sage gives his rune to the wolves, they die)

Tracer: knows who gave him a rune. in case of having a rune stolen from him, he will know both names, but not know who did what.

Stone seekers: one knows who got a rune from the red sage and the other knows who got a rune from the blue sage

Thief: sends a PM and steals runes from that player if they ever held them during the night.

There is a lot of emphasis on being active during the night so don’t ruin it for others.

NO CARDFLIPPING.
NIGHT POSTING IS ALLOWED.

iggymatrixcounter 03-19-2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco

HUNTER: the hunter would most likely be removed. (left in if people feel that it is an advantage that they would need were they on the human side)

Not an advantage, way too hard for it to work and therefore should be removed imo.