Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sudden Skill Loss? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151219)

dnail69 08-28-2019 07:23 PM

Sudden Skill Loss?

Hello, My name is Danil and I was at new york with my family for the past 2 days. I haven't played at all in those 2 days. But when I got back home today I noticed that my skill has decreased by a lot. This has happened to me before, but not on this scale. I can barely play maps I could FC before I left. I'm not sure what caused this, but if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you

SK8R43 08-28-2019 07:33 PM

Re: Sudden Skill Loss?

Play more. Stopping ANYTHING in life causes this. You will get your skill back pretty quickly if you just keep playing. I go months without playing and when i come back my skill is gone for about 30 mins.

Untimely Friction 08-28-2019 07:41 PM

Sync, different computer loads, updates to windows, even an extra heavy tab in your browser can be other culprits. Mostly what sk8 said tho

XxXMetalheadXxX 08-28-2019 08:24 PM

This literally has or will happen to everyone at some point in their FFR Journey. Just keep going at it and it'll come back quicker than you know even possibly surpassing your previous bests.

dnail69 08-28-2019 08:36 PM

Thank you guys for helping me out, I can already read some of the files better. I was just worried because this skill decrease was a lot faster and a lot worse than ones I've had in the past. Thanks for everyone's help, and good luck :)

XxXMetalheadXxX 08-28-2019 08:49 PM

That's great to hear and same to you too. We're always glad to help, so don't be afraid to come visit the forums in the future and hope to see you around.

PhantomPuppy 08-28-2019 10:15 PM

honestly everyone has days where they aren't performing as well as they're used to. on those days i just kick back and play insanely easy songs that i find fun just to avoid frustration. no shame in just having fun with a game if you're not doing well. o/

Blackskull305 08-28-2019 11:21 PM

Yeah, this has happens to me on a regular basis. When it does, my skill atrophy often lasts 1-2 weeks even with consistent playing. Then I'll have one or two random days where I surpass my previous plateau before the cycle repeats itself. It can be frustrating, but you might as well enjoy the ride ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rushyrulz 08-28-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnail69 (Post 4695955)
maps

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnail69 (Post 4695969)
files

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Moria 08-29-2019 07:30 AM

basically rental skill. every time a new user joins i metaphysically trade off some of my skill just to get you hooked.

once you develop a deep seeded enthusiasm for the game i take my gift from you and leave you to the eternal perdition of rhythm gaming, welcome to hell

Josemba 08-29-2019 09:37 AM

It happens to me every week because I don't play on weekends. I just play different songs, change the game for example osu, etterna, o2jam, and you'll recover when your muscles get used to the smash again

Dinglesberry 08-29-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josemba (Post 4696021)
It happens to me every week because I don't play on weekends. I just play different songs, change the game for example osu, etterna, o2jam, and you'll recover when your muscles get used to the smash again

are u on o2jamv3/o2jupiter or are u a cool kid on samo/dpjam if so pls invita amigo

rushyrulz 08-30-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4696010)
basically rental skill. every time a new user joins i metaphysically trade off some of my skill just to get you hooked.

once you develop a deep seeded enthusiasm for the game i take my gift from you and leave you to the eternal perdition of rhythm gaming, welcome to hell

You are a very cruel God

Andrew WCY 08-30-2019 09:13 AM

Like what others have said, don't worry about it! It happens to me all the time too. I could play okay just two days ago, but today I couldn't even read the notes properly no matter how hard I'd tried.

There's no point in getting frustrated over being suddenly unable to play at the level you could previously play at. When times like this come, give some easier files a shot or take a break for a day or two before playing again. From my experience, this might be an indicator that your skill's improving: It's akin to how you're too tired to do exercise for a few days after a strength training session, but you find yourself having better strength following many cycles of rest and training.

Keep playing and you'll gradually improve :)

Moria 08-30-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4696141)
You are a very cruel God

That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me