Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unpopular gaming opinions thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150254)

QueenAshy 11-27-2018 12:30 AM

Unpopular gaming opinions thread

Super mario 64 sucks!

Physics suck, camera ruins my jumps and makes me wanna die, Mario moves way too fast, game is incredibly simplistic and forgettable, lacks depth, and has numerous unpolished mechanics.
How people can prefer that game over banjo-kazooie is beyond me…

Not that it’s bad, just when your game’s controls are like trying to drive a shopping cart on a tight rope, that’s when I smash my tv and have a voracious desire to punch the game developers!

aperson 11-27-2018 12:39 AM

Re: Unpopular gaming opinions thread

games that don't focus on gaining mechanical or mental skill are all garbage.

roundbox 11-27-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4658105)
games that don't focus on gaining mechanical or mental skill are all garbage.

there are enemies on the other team and I need to kill them
that is my mental problem does this count

aperson 11-27-2018 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4658106)
there are enemies on the other team and I need to kill them
that is my mental problem does this count

games where you kill the enemy and improve your abilities to kill the enemy are good

Elena- 11-27-2018 01:31 AM

microtransactions are ok

Charu 11-27-2018 01:57 AM

I would say Mario 64 hasn't aged very well to today's standards. So in essence... it does suck "now," but back then it was one of the first 3D platformers. Check out other 3D platformers from that year (1996), tell me if they compare to what SM64 achieved, lol.

There was a 3D platformer in 1995 called "Jumper Flash!" for the Playstation. Suffice to say, if you don't know about that, then don't worry, it's one of those old forgotten stinkers that no one paid much attention to. Other 1996 releases that fit the genre are Crash Bandicoot and... (lol) Bubsy 3D. You can't really compare Crash to Mario though since those are two different ways to platform (linear stiff progression vs open miniature sandbox worlds). Those closest is Bubsy 3D but... look, you don't want to play that game, if you want a game that truly sucks, it's that one.

Anyways, my little tangent aside...

...I actually, unironically, love Sonic 06 for all the design flaws it spawned. It's one of those "so bad it's good" games, and it's just so immensely fun to play through. Only downside... it eats up a lot of time because you'll spend most of it IN GOD DAMN LOADING SCREENS, FUCK. If there was any way I could go through the game without dealing with it, the game would actually be one of my favorite (bad but good) games to play through from time to time.

I mean...

You got things like this in the game, and it's just so good.

But as it is...

*sigh*

That title goes to the original Sonic Adventure, goodness what a glitchy mess that game is. The cheesy lines and broken mechanics are just icing on a delicious cake of a shit game.

Iconic and never gets old.

G.S.M 11-27-2018 02:52 AM

mario 64 simply did not age well

1996 dawg

Elena- 11-27-2018 03:06 AM

bulbasaur is the coolest starter pokemon

QueenAshy 11-27-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658114)
I would say Mario 64 hasn't aged very well to today's standards. So in essence... it does suck "now," but back then it was one of the first 3D platformers. Check out other 3D platformers from that year (1996), tell me if they compare to what SM64 achieved, lol.

There was a 3D platformer in 1995 called "Jumper Flash!" for the Playstation. Suffice to say, if you don't know about that, then don't worry, it's one of those old forgotten stinkers that no one paid much attention to. Other 1996 releases that fit the genre are Crash Bandicoot and... (lol) Bubsy 3D. You can't really compare Crash to Mario though since those are two different ways to platform (linear stiff progression vs open miniature sandbox worlds). Those closest is Bubsy 3D but... look, you don't want to play that game, if you want a game that truly sucks, it's that one.

Anyways, my little tangent aside...

...I actually, unironically, love Sonic 06 for all the design flaws it spawned. It's one of those "so bad it's good" games, and it's just so immensely fun to play through. Only downside... it eats up a lot of time because you'll spend most of it IN GOD DAMN LOADING SCREENS, FUCK. If there was any way I could go through the game without dealing with it, the game would actually be one of my favorite (bad but good) games to play through from time to time.

I mean...

You got things like this in the game, and it's just so good.

But as it is...

*sigh*

That title goes to the original Sonic Adventure, goodness what a glitchy mess that game is. The cheesy lines and broken mechanics are just icing on a delicious cake of a shit game.

Iconic and never gets old.

Sonic 06 on 360 never had too much loading screens for me… but ps3… oh boy…

QueenAshy 11-27-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena- (Post 4658116)
bulbasaur is the coolest starter pokemon

I wonder if you could get high from smoking a bulbasaur… 🤔

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 05:24 AM

im legit triggered by this OP, frick u, super mario 64 is the greatest mario game of all time, loool lacks depth just watch cheese do like, rainbow ride 8 reds lollll, or tas videos, like the game has shit like parallel universes in it

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 05:25 AM

Unpopular opinion, sonic 06 is one of the best sonic games, the movement for speedrunning it is surprisingly consistent and very fast

riktoi 11-27-2018 08:37 AM

unpopular opinions huh

the source engine is engineered perfection and every fps game should strive to aim for it's greatness

too many developers just forget how much enjoyment there can be had from having proper physics in a game. they make these one-off shooters with a really cool story and wow but the games end up being shallow as fuck.

let's not forget movement either. from the days of quake, to half-life, to something else, movement has slowly lost it's place in the circle of competitivity, where it once was so, so important.

SK8R43 11-27-2018 09:03 AM

Lol super mario 64 is and always will be the best mario game. Thats not just my opinion either, its most gamers opinion. The physics and gameplay are Wayyyy Better than todays mario games and its more fun.

Spenner 11-27-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4658135)
Lol super mario 64 is and always will be the best mario game. Thats not just my opinion either, its most gamers opinion. The physics and gameplay are Wayyyy Better than todays mario games and its more fun.

I agree for the most part, I think mario galaxy did a decent job, but I hate how everything feels so soft and buttery and non responsive nowadays.

I think Jet Force Gemini was the precursor to my love for Starship Troopers.

I don’t really have many unpopular game opinions. But I guess, most modern/new games with over the shoulder/FPS/ 3rd person all kind of look the same, and I hate the wannabe realism in most PS4 games, they just look like whatever engine. People need to bring style back.

FirstMaple8 11-27-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

That’s why it’s on an unpopular opinion thread lel

kurisushadow 11-27-2018 09:36 AM

No man's sky is amazing.

SK8R43 11-27-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4658137)
I agree for the most part, I think mario galaxy did a decent job, but I hate how everything feels so soft and buttery and non responsive nowadays.

I think Jet Force Gemini was the precursor to my love for Starship Troopers.

I don’t really have many unpopular game opinions. But I guess, most modern/new games with over the shoulder/FPS/ 3rd person all kind of look the same, and I hate the wannabe realism in most PS4 games, they just look like whatever engine. People need to bring style back.

I hated galaxy, was made really bad imo. It was...interesting though. I actually havent played jet force gemini yet but ive been wanting to get it for awhile!

Charu 11-27-2018 09:59 AM

I think the Wii U is a great system.

for all the nodding you can do and have access to GameCube games in native HDMI

kurisushadow 11-27-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658142)
I think the Wii U is a great system.

for all the nodding you can do and have access to GameCube games in native HDMI

das what i currently do with my wii u. I modded it a while back. best idea ever

qrrbrbirbel 11-27-2018 10:24 AM

The save feature ruins things for certain games

PixlSM 11-27-2018 10:58 AM

video game music is literal garbage and very few (less than 5) games are exceptions

mellonxcollie 11-27-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658151)
video game music is literal garbage and very few (less than 5) games are exceptions

when people's opinions are objectively wrong

Charu 11-27-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4658153)
when people's opinions are objectively wrong

That's why they're unpopular though!!!

Okay, another one.

Final Fantasy X has the same problem(s) as Final Fantasy XIII, but no one wants to admit it because Final Fantasy X did it first.

On a related note, Final Fantasy XII is an underrated looked over entry.

korny 11-27-2018 11:15 AM

There have been maybe 3 good console games since 2001

kurisushadow 11-27-2018 11:20 AM

second gen pokemon were the best pokemon

devonin 11-27-2018 11:45 AM

Generally "Unpopular Opinion" threads want them to be opinions you actually hold that you know are unpopular, not just "Statements you know a bunch of people will disagree with"

kurisushadow 11-27-2018 11:48 AM

I fully stand by my pokemon statement

XelNya 11-27-2018 12:01 PM

Mario odyssey is a boring ass game, and I'd rather play banjo and kazooie every fucking time.

Charu 11-27-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4658159)
Generally "Unpopular Opinion" threads want them to be opinions you actually hold that you know are unpopular, not just "Statements you know a bunch of people will disagree with"

Are you saying some of these folks are lying?

Who lies on the Internet!?

riktoi 11-27-2018 01:08 PM

truly "unpopular" opinions don't exist unless you really try your hardest to go against something though

it's truly a terrible word to use, especially with something like OPINIONS

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 01:18 PM

most of the games that people played as kids on n64, ps1, etc i didn't get to play, so i end up playing them long after they're released. so, without nostalgia as a factor, i can still say that some games aged well and are still fun like wind waker, FF VII, etc.

i don't judge on graphics cuz those are always going to evolve over time. however, take the nostalgia out and some of these games are just clunky and awkward. even legacy engine on FFR is obviously not as good as R^3.

so i mean, if you wanna go full nostalgia, go for it. this is an opinion thread after all, so everything is subjective.

_Fluttershy_ 11-27-2018 01:30 PM

Pokemon is actually a pretty boring game. I mean once you've played one, you've practically played them all.

(I'm aware of the irony seeing as I'm in Team Pokemon; I just like some of the characters and didn't mind watching the anime.)

aperson 11-27-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 4658155)
There have been maybe 3 good console games since 2001

super smash bros melee, halo 3, dark souls, everything else is bad.

xXOpkillerXx 11-27-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4658174)

wow where is Call of Duty Moderne Oops 5 ?

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

i really hope for your sake that you don't own consoles just to play 3 games lol

XelNya 11-27-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Melee was bad though?

QueenAshy 11-27-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Have you even PLAYED super Mario Galaxy?

aperson 11-27-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658178)
i really hope for your sake that you don't own consoles just to play 3 games lol

lol if you own a console

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 02:24 PM

i do not like animal crossing wild world for the DS; it gets REALLY boring and you basically do the same thing every single day except for events; also resetti yells at you and lectures you even if the game turns off because the DS runs out of battery

also i think the grandma ghost from donkey kong 64 is scary

also i never really liked super mario 64 that much

also i don't like wind waker because the observation tower part is REALLY annoying

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4658186)
lol if you own a console

this ^

it's all about them emulators nowadays. who needs consoles amirite?

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658191)
this ^

it's all about them emulators nowadays. who needs consoles amirite?

it's not the same

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4658194)
it's not the same

ok then, here's an unpopular opinion on emulators: you're right, they aren't the same cuz they're better. upscaled resolution, better load times, every console along with their respective games fit onto the same pc, and you get to choose whatever controller you feel like. you can even plug the pc into a tv and sit on a couch to play if you felt like it for that nostalgic feel if that's what you're looking for.

edit: i forgot to mention that for speedrunning specifically it's better to be on console so that the playing field is equal for everyone participating. outside of that scope, i don't see the point.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658196)
ok then, here's an unpopular opinion on emulators: you're right, they aren't the same cuz they're better. upscaled resolution, better load times, every console along with their respective games fit onto the same pc, and you get to choose whatever controller you feel like. you can even plug the pc into a tv and sit on a couch to play if you felt like it for that nostalgic feel if that's what you're looking for.

edit: i forgot to mention that for speedrunning specifically it's better to be on console so that the playing field is equal for everyone participating. outside of that scope, i don't see the point.

yeah but it's not the same experience

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 03:10 PM

we can agree to disagree, that's what opinion threads are for lol

i'm just saying for me personally, the benefits of an emulator outweigh the nostalgia factor from owning an older console.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658199)
we can agree to disagree, that's what opinion threads are for lol

i'm just saying for me personally, the benefits of an emulator outweigh the nostalgia factor from owning an older console.

okay :)

Charu 11-27-2018 03:58 PM

Someone said something about Wind Waker

Gonna just throw that out there that it's one of the worst additions to the series and it has nothing to do with how it looks.

Still a good game though at its core

Funnygurl555 11-27-2018 04:07 PM

lmao sonic 06

G.S.M 11-27-2018 04:09 PM

a true gamer does not take sides and instead owns both console and PC

truegamer4life

Gravity Kitten 11-27-2018 04:14 PM

ffr is my favorite video game

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658196)

Ok I was about to go off then I read ur second half which was basically my argument, like lol ocarina of time saves 15 minutes on vc in 100% because of a glitch that crashes on n64, sooo

Also new 100% world record just happened like 5 mins ago, hypppee

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658203)
Someone said something about Wind Waker

Gonna just throw that out there that it's one of the worst additions to the series and it has nothing to do with how it looks.

Still a good game though at its core

The intro part of windwaker is so bad and tedious, sneaking thru forsaken fortress etc, that it nearly ruins the game

devonin 11-27-2018 06:18 PM

There's no reason at all to go out of your way to play a single game in the Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros franchises.

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4658228)
There's no reason at all to go out of your way to play a single game in the Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros franchises.

eh, i'd say it's more like if you've played one, you've played them all. no harm trying them out once if you've never done it before, but after trying it i'd agree, there's no point playing another one.

same with pokemon, call of duty, etc. they're all pretty much the same games every time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658226)
Ok I was about to go off then I read ur second half which was basically my argument, like lol ocarina of time saves 15 minutes on vc in 100% because of a glitch that crashes on n64, sooo

Also new 100% world record just happened like 5 mins ago, hypppee

yeah, that's why i added that into my comment. consoles definitely have their spot for speedrunners lol

SK8R43 11-27-2018 07:16 PM

Emulation sucks. Its way more satisfying to actually own the console and play the console with the controllers. Just like its more satisfying to actually own dvds instead of watching stuff like netflix. It might cost more but in the longrun you can actually sell them and make some money back rather than losing everything.
Not to mention you really cant beat the old school graphics and feel. Rather not play N64 games with HD lol

Edit: Yes QueenAshy i have PLAYED and beaten Galaxy. Not a fan of it. wasnt impressed at all...

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4658237)
Emulation sucks. Its way more satisfying to actually own the console and play the console with the controllers. Just like its more satisfying to actually own dvds instead of watching stuff like netflix. It might cost more but in the longrun you can actually sell them and make some money back rather than losing everything.
Not to mention you really cant beat the old school graphics and feel. Rather not play N64 games with HD lol

Edit: Yes QueenAshy i have PLAYED and beaten Galaxy. Not a fan of it. wasnt impressed at all...

Agreed, I also feel that if you just emulate it it's harder to get into, in a way

Like I really want to beat super metroid but I always get bored of it like halfway thru, if I actually paid for it and owned it there would be more motivation, maybe I'm just weird tho

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 07:43 PM

Unpopular opinion, links awakening and the Oracle zeldas are the best 2D zeldas and a link to the past is bad and overrated

Ok I'm about to crank it up a notch, I'm surprised no one has said "osu is better than ffr/stepmania"

SubaruPoptart 11-27-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658244)
Unpopular opinion, links awakening and the Oracle zeldas are the best 2D zeldas and a link to the past is bad and overrated

Ok I'm about to crank it up a notch, I'm surprised no one has said "osu is better than ffr/stepmania"

ngl, I'd try osu if I had a tablet or somethin, but dear god is it ABYSMAL on a mouse. And not even a "drag-mouse", a mouseball mouse. The timing on mania is wack as hell for me as well, no idea how to change scroll speed, a good 85% of the charts aren't even 4K (since I'm incompetent as hell on 5K+). Taiko and Catch the Beat are OK though. I suck at both of them but that's just because I'm genuinely bad at it.

Osu < FFR/Stepmania for me. Y'know, til I get a tablet of some sort. : P

icontrolyourworld 11-27-2018 08:03 PM

i'm ok with diablo immortal coming out

Spenner 11-27-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4658253)
i'm ok with diablo immortal coming out

Like, what level of "ok with it" are you. Like, you're definitely gonna throw your money at them level ok?

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4658252)
ngl, I'd try osu if I had a tablet or somethin, but dear god is it ABYSMAL on a mouse. And not even a "drag-mouse", a mouseball mouse. The timing on mania is wack as hell for me as well, no idea how to change scroll speed, a good 85% of the charts aren't even 4K (since I'm incompetent as hell on 5K+). Taiko and Catch the Beat are OK though. I suck at both of them but that's just because I'm genuinely bad at it.

Osu < FFR/Stepmania for me. Y'know, til I get a tablet of some sort. : P

alot of really high level runescape pkers/hybrid pkers play like, osu standard using mouse only and clicking lol, so they can practice switching

this guys pretty damn good at mouse only lol also lmao good ol classic runescape banter in the intro, oof, stuff like that is why he didn't get invited to the pk tournament, rip

https://youtu.be/YzLlUULU8Zc?t=28s lmaoo this switch tho, god

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658244)

IKR oracle of seasons is my favorite game i think :) i also love link's awakening even though i only played half of it

i like link to the past too though and i really love the minish cap :D

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4658260)
IKR oracle of seasons is my favorite game i think :) i also love link's awakening even though i only played half of it

i like link to the past too though and i really love the minish cap :D

ya i grew up with oracle of seasons and have many memories of playing it with my cousin, he also owned it and id remember going over to sleep over and playing it all night lol

me and him literally spent hours like, brute forcing the path thru the forest where u have to change the seasons, and getting the level 2 sword, we literally tried EVERY combination, i still have like a stack of 20 pieces of paper that we wrote them all on lol

i'm not really a fan of link to the past cause its sort of before my time, i be a youngin, but the link to the past randomizer looks pretty fun so i sorta want to learn the game to play that lol, id have to learn it 100% tho which is oof

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658261)
ya i grew up with oracle of seasons and have many memories of playing it with my cousin, he also owned it and id remember going over to sleep over and playing it all night lol

me and him literally spent hours like, brute forcing the path thru the forest where u have to change the seasons, and getting the level 2 sword, we literally tried EVERY combination, i still have like a stack of 20 pieces of paper that we wrote them all on lol

i'm not really a fan of link to the past cause its sort of before my time, i be a youngin, but the link to the past randomizer looks pretty fun so i sorta want to learn the game to play that lol, id have to learn it 100% tho which is oof

lol nice XD

i used to literally try pressing A in every single space in all four directions in all the suspicious-looking areas in pokemon to try to find items; it took forever lol

*edit* i also spent a lot of time trying different combinations in kirby 64 in the level where adeline/the girl who paints draws a picture and you have to copy it with blocks because i didn't know how to copy the picture the way the makers of kirby 64 intend, and also in the room where there are colored buttons and you're supposed to use an ability to see which three colors you have to press, i didn't know you were supposed to use an ability so i tried like 50 or more combinations lol

icontrolyourworld 11-27-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4658257)
Like, what level of "ok with it" are you. Like, you're definitely gonna throw your money at them level ok?

i'm on the level of i'll probably play the game a bit, it looks like it could be fun

devonin 11-27-2018 09:31 PM

"Anybody who is upset about Diablo Immortal existing is an entitled brat"

roundbox 11-27-2018 10:26 PM

cod: mw2 ruined the FPS genre

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4658277)
cod: mw2 ruined the FPS genre

ajshdlflksa cod mw2 was literally my childhood (well teenage/highschool years rather) and is the best cod game of all time ahhhhh im legit triggered now

i bet u just couldnt drop nukes on terminal smh

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4658262)
*edit* i also spent a lot of time trying different combinations in kirby 64 in the level where adeline/the girl who paints draws a picture and you have to copy it with blocks because i didn't know how to copy the picture the way the makers of kirby 64 intend, and also in the room where there are colored buttons and you're supposed to use an ability to see which three colors you have to press, i didn't know you were supposed to use an ability so i tried like 50 or more combinations lol

ahhhhhh u just reminded me of the crystal shards im gonna play through it again and get all the shards, god the double copy ability is the best thing ever i wish it'd come back, i loved how alot of the crystal shards required u to like, run thru the entire level with really bad powerups to get them sometimes, normally id just rock double fire and zooooom thru the level, the ability that is like a super long flame dash thing

ok unpopular opinion, every kirby game is a childs game and easy except kirby 64 and kirbys airride, and city trial in air ride is arguably the best mode in any game ever

edit: also apologies for double posting so much, i prefer splitting up my thoughts regarding different posts instead of combining it all in one, if its bad tho ill stop pls no ban

YoshL 11-27-2018 10:58 PM

sunfan thinks blitz ball is the best part of FFX

the sun fan 11-27-2018 10:59 PM

Blitzball in FFX is quite excellent

Charu 11-27-2018 11:00 PM

It's alright

PixlSM 11-27-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4658228)

ff is dog shit i agree
at least play majoras mask
at least play smb3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658243)
Like I really want to beat super metroid but I always get bored of it like halfway thru, if I actually paid for it and owned it there would be more motivation, maybe I'm just weird tho

thats because super metroid is a trash game just like every other metroid game
the combat is genuinely trash and the only aspect people can claim to enjoy is the "exploration"
of which there is basically none since the whole thing is effectively linear anyways, any exploration you do is gonna be about 5 steps in the wrong direction before a door you cant open or a jump you cant make blocks your path

i should probably also mention that the reason igavanias get a pass and metroid doesnt is because the combat is actually existent in those games, unlike metroid

roundbox 11-27-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658287)

go home, you're banned from this thread

(especially if you say Metroid's combat is trash yet at the same time write a recommendation for Zelda)

PixlSM 11-27-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4658288)
go home, you're banned from this thread

(especially if you say Metroid's combat is trash yet at the same time write a recommendation for Zelda)

the difference is that you can enjoy a zelda game despite its shallow combat
metroid is literally just """"""""""""""""""""exploring"""""""""""""""""" and """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""combat""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

roundbox 11-27-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658289)
the difference is that you can enjoy a zelda game despite its shallow combat
metroid is literally just """"""""""""""""""""exploring"""""""""""""""""" and """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""combat""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

wow

Charu 11-27-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658287)
the combat is genuinely trash and the only aspect people can claim to enjoy is the "exploration"
of which there is basically none since the whole thing is effectively linear anyways, any exploration you do is gonna be about 5 steps in the wrong direction before a door you cant open or a jump you cant make blocks your path

i should probably also mention that the reason igavanias get a pass and metroid doesnt is because the combat is actually existent in those games, unlike metroid

Not gonna lie, this is the spiciest opinion in this thread.

I find actually the Prime series to be the best in terms of game design for that genre.

PixlSM 11-27-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658292)
Not gonna lie, this is the spiciest opinion in this thread.

I find actually the Prime series to be the best in terms of game design for that genre.

ill admit I have not played the 3d metroids

mainly because its the 3d version of a series that is already dogshit but hey

-paexaea- 11-27-2018 11:34 PM

your opinion is so wrong it hurts

Charu 11-27-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658293)
ill admit I have not played the 3d metroids

mainly because its the 3d version of a series that is already dogshit but hey

Not to sway because this is not what this thread is for, but it's more or less like the 2D ones in terms of exploring and combat.

You walk around a bit. Shoot things that shoot/punch/tOuCh??? back. Sometimes you solve puzzles. You walk to point A and then to point B only to probably go back to Point Z that you forgot about momentarily.

However, there's features within the game(s) that help you out on not getting super lost because, as you said, it's usually a set linear path with occasional branches that you can do first before going back (but will then probably would need to backtrack later).

I can see why someone wouldn't like these kinds of games, but as for me, I love 'em.