Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unpopular gaming opinions thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150254)

XelNya 11-28-2018 08:54 PM

Re: Unpopular gaming opinions thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4658500)
Or maybe don’t play it on a shit PC. It ran damn fine on a surface pro 4. What’s your excuse?

osumania is just a bad sm rip off with slightly dumber mechanics, and an editor the likes of which we haven't seen so bad since release day stepmania

Dinglesberry 11-28-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4658512)
osumania is just a bad sm rip off with slightly dumber mechanics, and an editor the likes of which we haven't seen so bad since release day stepmania

Oh god the osu editor don't even get me started on that, arrow vortex for life (and ddream for syncing of course)

Charu 11-28-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Notepad is the only good way to make stepcharts, fact.

Dinglesberry 11-28-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4658500)
Or maybe don’t play it on a shit PC. It ran damn fine on a surface pro 4. What’s your excuse?

Rofl I have a gtx 1080 it's nothing to do with the pc it's just a shit engine, it doubling or halving fps is unrelated to my pc I can get a constant 144 fps for my 144hz monitor, doesn't change the fact that the game runs like garbo compared to etterna

Like lol sure when ur mashing and getting like 90s on easy shit it's no big deal, when ur trying to play like triumph and regret dt because the osu pp system is trash, it's gross

PixlSM 11-28-2018 09:26 PM

greater than sign playing osu

-paexaea- 11-28-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658517)
Rofl I have a gtx 1080 it's nothing to do with the pc it's just a shit engine, it doubling or halving fps is unrelated to my pc I can get a constant 144 fps for my 144hz monitor, doesn't change the fact that the game runs like garbo compared to etterna

Like lol sure when ur mashing and getting like 90s on easy shit it's no big deal, when ur trying to play like triumph and regret dt because the osu pp system is trash, it's gross

fucking bodied. stay free, ashy

DaBackpack 11-28-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4658105)
games that don't focus on gaining mechanical or mental skill are all garbage.

trash-tier opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658151)
video game music is literal garbage and very few (less than 5) games are exceptions

change this to 5% and I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658154)
Okay, another one.

Final Fantasy X has the same problem(s) as Final Fantasy XIII, but no one wants to admit it because Final Fantasy X did it first.

FFX had way more redeeming factors that made it a masterpiece even despite the unisequential game design

Plus FFXIII failed to adapt to modern level design paradigms that didn't quite exist in the early 2000s

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4658268)
"Anybody who is upset about Diablo Immortal existing is an entitled brat"

agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4658284)
Blitzball in FFX is quite excellent

repeating this isn't going to make it true

my turn

---final fantasy 6 is better than chrono trigger

---This isn't really an opinion, but I hate how modern consoles play games at such high resolutions. I have vision problems and me playing these games on console actually just hurts my eyes. I can't play on my PS4 for more than an hour at a time, which is a shame bc there are a lot of games i'd like to play on it

---The entire AAA gaming industry (in the West) is fucking bullshit and every Western AAA development company should just burn to the ground.

---Adding to the above, Japan is just objectively superior at producing video games and always has been.

the sun fan 11-28-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4658555)
repeating this isn't going to make it true

sounds like the words of someone that loses to the Luca Goers every time.

QueenAshy 11-28-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

osu! editor is better than arrow vortex. Much simpler and less convoluted to understand and use

Gradiant 11-28-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4658557)
osu! editor is better than arrow vortex. Much simpler and less convoluted to understand and use

lmao

Charu 11-28-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

---The entire AAA gaming industry (in the West) is fucking bullshit and every Western AAA development company should just burn to the ground.

While I agree with this statement for majority of western releases as of late, there are rare exceptions to this that makes me happy, but they are far few. I think, besides Spyro Reignited, I have not given a glance at any other western dev for a good long while since the meta now seems to be all about making epic moments and pseudo interactive movies. I think for the past few years I've only been looking at what Nintendo produces (and the occasional interesting games that come from, surprise, Japan).

-paexaea- 11-28-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4658556)

You, with a girl? HA! YOU CAN'T EVEN CATCH A BALL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4658557)

Maybe if you're a simpleton? Idk what to tell you.

GhostieGoBoo 11-28-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4658556)

lol this guy

dAnceguy117 11-28-2018 11:17 PM

Vifeo games are fun

roundbox 11-28-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

change this to 5% and I agree

how could you

flashflash account 11-28-2018 11:22 PM

Hmmm what do I think

-Any rpg that inflates playtime by forcing you to grind is garbage. Yes, this means that easy rpgs are better games than difficult ones
-despite my irrational hatred of rpgs you can't convince me that earthbound isn't one of the greatest games of all time
-ocarina of time is held aloft by sheer nostalgia. Personally I think it's because they managed to hit highly resonant fantasy tropes in a simple way that people could understand easily.
-mario 3 is better than og Mario
-skyward sword is one of the best Zelda games in the series and people who argue it's too linear don't understand the basic concept of Zelda design and what it means to be a Zelda game in the first place
-final fantasy will never be good, people will continue to pretend it is by comparing them to other games in the series (also the first one is hecka confusing)
-first Zelda is pretty boring when you start to sit down and really play it
-zelda 2 is an abomination
-breath of the wild is more like Zelda 2 than any other title in the series which is a bad thing
-i could go on extensively about the many mistakes they made when designing botw in an attempt to "change it up" but people will stubbornly disagree just because it's a fun game... Sometimes
-a link to the past should be considered the holy grail of Zelda games despite it having egregious flaws itself, and not necessarily being the best title in the series.
-undertale shouldn't exist and the only good thing that came out of it was fanmade musical content
-i pretend to like games like warframe, playerunknownsbattlegrounds, battlefront, sea of thieves, etc. but none of them draw me the way my favorite games do
-shovel knight is possibly the greatest platformer of all time, and the greatest I've ever played
-theres a lot of good video game music out there and people wave it aside because of stigma
Like hello do you not see that lorule castles theme is pretty stylistically influenced by Mozart whose 40th symphony, unrelatedly, is eargasmic you simply must listen to it
-mother 3 is not only nowhere near as good as earthbound, it should be rated M for psychological trauma
- it should be localized even though I would never finish it
-pokemon super mystery dungeon is better than explorers of sky
-that opinion is the one most likely to cause a fistfight because of pmd's rabid potentially furry fanbase
-mario 64 is fine but not as good as sunshine or galaxy. I would say it's better than galaxy 2 and all the super Mario 3d Xxxx.
-speaking of sunshine boy does that game desperately need a remake
-splatoon is the best arena shooter game of all time
-smash bros is vastly overrated, it's still fun but it's really never going to be more than a party game
-handhelds will never get better than the 3ds
- pokemon destroyed its own longevity by allowing players to gather all the pokemon within a single game (I realize that doesn't make much sense but I thought it through)
- fire emblem doesn't deserve the representation it has in smash and the character designs have made me hate the series despite having never played it and having never heard of it outside of smash until they released the million 3ds ones that had version exclusive waifus (I think)
-ace attorney sucks and that's an uninformed opinion based off of gif spam
-monster Hunter is an awful series, I tried to play the 3ds demo but for some reason killing the innocent dinosaurs felt wrong
-no I'm not a vegetarian and I will absolutely shoot and kill an animal to skin it and cook its meat and eat it. I'm an apex predator k
-no such thing as a good mobile game, just ones that entertain you for longer than normal

I think that's all I've got

EDIT: MEGA MAN FREAKING SUCKS ITS FANS ARE MASOCHISTS FULL OF TROLLY STAGE DESIGN

aperson 11-29-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4658567)
EDIT: MEGA MAN FREAKING SUCKS ITS FANS ARE MASOCHISTS FULL OF TROLLY STAGE DESIGN

Mega Man is the original Dark Souls

-paexaea- 11-29-2018 12:24 AM

definitely the original "you get good or you get..." well, got.

devonin 11-29-2018 01:15 AM

Trying to 'change up' genre tropes in a game that is still the same genre is stupid and makes your game worse.

This includes any instance where you have health that is not red, or mana that is not blue, or MAYBE green at a push. Path of Exile not just having a single coin currency was stupid. Nothing that minor when you're still otherwise a Diablo or WoW or whatever clone is going to magically make people play your game instead of the established iterated one.

suicidaln00b 11-29-2018 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4658565)
Vifeo games are fun

Hahaha the absolute madman