Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Writing and Literature (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Book idea. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103256)

MalReynolds 11-22-2008 12:57 PM

Book idea.

So, I'm going to write a book about this guy - Beau Grace - who goes to live with his Mom, a paramedic, in the sleepy, rainy town of Spoons, Maine. During his first day of school, all of the girls fall head over heels in love with him, but he's moody and introspective. One girl catches his eye - Esra Mullin - and everyone warns him off. She's part of this weirdo family that lives in the mountains. But he can't stay away... And he finds out that she's an immortal witch. He, too, wishes to be immortal so he can spend his life with her. But an evil group of witches and wizards comes through the area, siphoning power off of people - something the Mullins' promised never to do again, and they set their sights on Beau, knowing how important he is to Esra. Unfortunately, the only way to kill an immortal witch is to hurl them in to space, otherwise, they cannot be stopped. The processes of hurling said witches into space involves some kind of glyph drawn on to the floor. The evil witch after Beau - Jenna - lures him to an old karate studio where he used to practice, and he is summarily thrown around until Esra, the fastest in her coven, comes to his rescue. However, there's a secret group of witches, dating back to the Salem, that makes sure people are unaware of their existence. Knowing that Beau knows poses a threat to their entire society. Will the forbidden love between Beau and Esra ever last?

Find out when I write this book.

devonin 11-22-2008 01:22 PM

Re: Book idea.

This sounds like an elaborate workup to make a "Beau Knows" joke.

MalReynolds 11-22-2008 01:34 PM

Also, there is a Jasmine White, who is in a group of animal shapeshifters - not werewolves, specifically, at least, until Book IV when you find out Jasmine IS a werewolf and not just a shapeshifter. This group runs a trailer park at the edge of town, and some of the surrounding beach land, due to a pact with the Mullins. Long ago, 'ancestors' of the Mullins where caught practicing Alchemy using precious herbs that the White group find sacred. They agreed to never use the herbs again, which grow exclusively in that part of Maine, in order to live there in peace. The families have an uneasy truce.

She too falls in love with Beau, causing an intense triangle between Esra, Jasmine, and Beau - who were childhood friends who use to play patty-cake together.

insanefreddy926 11-22-2008 06:36 PM

Oh my God, this book sounds so good. Like, it could potentially be a best-seller. And probably every single teenage guy in the U.S. will read it and feel like Beau is exactly like themselves and probably they'll fall in love with the fictional character of Esra. And also they might make a halfway decent movie out of it that fans of the book will go see over and over again, but will not satisfy general movie-goers at all. I can't wait to read it!

andy-o24 11-23-2008 08:40 PM

Sounds like a male version of Twilight (IMO). I like this idea, Mal. Like freddy said, could be a best-seller and even be made into a movie. Sounds like you really did your homework for this idea. Potentially 4 books. That's a serious commitment to this idea. If you write this book, Mal, I'll buy a copy.

-o24

Tibs 11-24-2008 07:45 PM

One of the above posters did not get the joke. Can you tell which?

rzr 11-24-2008 07:56 PM

This is Twilight. Only Mal's doing it, so I'll probably bother with it.

robertsona 11-24-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tibs (Post 2886539)
One of the above posters did not get the joke. Can you tell which?

marleynords of course

Go_Oilers_Go 11-25-2008 01:24 AM

Completely original concept.

Will be sure to buy.

Kthxbai.

cool sam 12-12-2008 05:55 AM

There are books that should be self-published, and books that are better served by signing with a trade publisher. I put nearly all fiction in the latter category, simply because most successful fiction authors I know who started by self-publishing signed a large trade contract at the first opportunity. That's not the case with most non-fiction, where self publishing will generally earn more for the author than selling out. In fact, the cases I can think where successful self-publishers sold non-fiction books to a major trade all ended in tears, but that's a post for another day.

-------------------------------------------
Chocolates
Luxury Chocolates