Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you improving right now (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149454)

Spenner 07-22-2018 01:40 PM

What are you improving right now

I think 2018 has been a year with a lot of people aiming for self improvement. It's certainly been something I see a lot of.

What have you been improving in yourself, or have seen significant improvement with?

I feel as though my awareness of my mind has improved. I'm able to avoid triggering situations better, or at least to deal with them in a more controlled way. It's allowed me to start working full-time again, even though it's a challenge to be consistent.

I'm also doing a lot more. I'm investing my time into experiences, instead of just saving money.

I'm also in general more goal oriented. I think this is able to keep my depression suspended most of the time, because I have focus on keeping myself collected for the goals.

Celirra 07-22-2018 01:42 PM

Re: What are you improving right now

I'm looking into going to the gym soon

MooMoo_Cowfreak 07-22-2018 01:59 PM

Straight up the reboot of Queer Eye on Netflix has got me up and motivated and doing things this summer. I've spent quite a bit of time refurnishing and moving things around my apartment, it finally feels fully settled in after a year of kinda letting it stagnate. It's very cozy and homely now, love it. Can't wait for the school year to start and a new set of students!

komochii 07-22-2018 02:20 PM

Trying to fix my health by eating properly

Edit: trying to motivate myself to eat at all*

komochii 07-22-2018 02:22 PM

More or less dedicate 100% of my time to doing this but the pain my body feels is still unbearable half the time lololololol

SKG_Scintill 07-22-2018 03:15 PM

been doing daily sets of pushups for the past 2-3 months
also stress tolerance

MarcusHawkins 07-22-2018 04:13 PM

As a Music Major (Percussion Performance), I'm working on the vast array of excerpts for my required audition into an appropriate Large Ensemble next month!

They are all popular and have been done hundreds of thousands of times, but some are still technically difficult to pull off! They are all fun, though!

xXOpkillerXx 07-22-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4635319)
been doing daily sets of pushups for the past 2-3 months
also stress tolerance

How's the progress so far ?

who_cares973 07-22-2018 04:24 PM

Been dieting and working out and just working on myself in general

Moria 07-22-2018 04:58 PM

my hands are about the only things i'm improving that i can talk about publically, got attacked by a wolf and lost the use of some fingers and a thumb. they're recovering, life is great

SKG_Scintill 07-22-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4635354)
How's the progress so far ?

well I've never had triceps before, now I do
as for stress levels, my bowel aches are decreasing and I've been able to perform outside again

Sanjixcon 07-22-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4635365)
my hands are about the only things i'm improving that i can talk about publically, got attacked by a wolf and lost the use of some fingers and a thumb. they're recovering, life is great

is this a twg joke?

if not, holy shit man... how'd that happen??

Spenner 07-22-2018 06:39 PM

I think the fact that I can use weed medicinally now is a pretty notable improvement for me. For the longest time, while it would get me high and whatnot, it would always be... shakey, a bit paranoid, and my heart would feel uncomfortable.

But now, I'm able to analyze the incoming thoughts that would normally lead to paranoid thought loops, or any thought loop for that matter, and I'm able to avoid falling into them. It means my training of CBT (I guess, I'm self taught for all this therapy business, shaped through my own experiences) is paying off because I'm seeing results.

That's why I'm able to work, now. I'm able to swim through the incoming intrusive thoughts. It's so easy to get distracted by nightmarish associations I have in my head, but I'm able to not take them as seriously most of the time, and move on. And for the intrusive thoughts that won't leave my head for an entire work shift... I've learned to just ignore them. Or if I'm lucky, I'll have the capacity to play music I want to hear. I generally need to be in a decent mood for that though.

FirstMaple8 07-22-2018 07:42 PM

i've been improving form, jacks, accuracy, and consistancy.

Magiante 07-22-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4635365)

Oh my gosh I'm sorry to hear :(. I hope your recovery is speedy!! Typing can't be fun I imagine.

rushyrulz 07-23-2018 09:25 AM

salesforce skills

MikeShinoda12345 07-23-2018 10:34 AM

I just graduated from university, and now I'm back home and about to start a high school teaching job~
This is my first job after getting an undergrad degree, teaching 22 classes a week, and I look super young so I hope I don't get bullied by the students. But just looking forward to getting full-time job experience and getting better at a variety of skills that come with teaching (e.g. public speaking)

Ghost_Medley 07-23-2018 10:49 AM

I’ve been eating more reasonable portions and I started my job back in february/march. They appreciate my dedication and I think a lot of people there are kind and respectful.

Mahou 07-23-2018 11:00 AM

I spent a majority of last couple of years working on my fitness level. I’ve managed to maintain and still find enjoyment from it.

Now it’s just saving and increasing income. So far I’m doing very well and managed to double my yearly income.

xXOpkillerXx 07-23-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4635739)
I spent a majority of last couple of years working on my fitness level. I’ve managed to maintain and still find enjoyment from it.

Now it’s just saving and increasing income. So far I’m doing very well and managed to double my yearly income.

Woah ! Investing or just found a much better job ? (or both?)