Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

cedolad 02-2-2011 04:47 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Constructive criticism versus flaming.

NocturneAunamic 02-2-2011 05:50 PM

ok i just sent in my file today. i might send in another one if i get around to it.

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 06:44 PM

I just don't think you'd see that many files with the fact that they need to have song permissions. The idea that terrible sim authors would submit a ton of files seems possible at first, but when I consider that most new charters step songs that are not even close to music on the FFR permissions list I don't think this would be a concern. Having to limit your music choice is a turn-off for most people.

championanwar 02-2-2011 06:52 PM

Sent files in.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-2-2011 06:58 PM

I dont have any files to send in this batch, gg at me being too lazy to step something. XD

-Barista- 02-2-2011 07:30 PM

Wait. . . we can put stops in songs now? When did this start?

bmah 02-2-2011 07:52 PM

Stops won't affect gameplay in FFR, but you can use them if you feel compelled to do so.

What you cannot use however are negative BPMs.

-Barista- 02-2-2011 07:57 PM

Oh. . . pffft, K then. Here I was thinking that stop were implemented into the engine. Was jumping for joy.

cedolad 02-2-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3410778)
I just don't think you'd see that many files with the fact that they need to have song permissions. The idea that terrible sim authors would submit a ton of files seems possible at first, but when I consider that most new charters step songs that are not even close to music on the FFR permissions list I don't think this would be a concern. Having to limit your music choice is a turn-off for most people.

Yo Arch, what was the last file you stepped?

TC_Halogen 02-2-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3410813)
Stops won't affect gameplay in FFR, but you can use them if you feel compelled to do so.

What you cannot use however are negative BPMs.

I'll fake a negative BPM by going into the flash and adding fake arrow images that scroll at a universal rate only to have the REAL pattern be mirrored from what you see. :twisted:

jimerax 02-2-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3410672)
Honest question: why is there a submission cap?

1. FFR gets a lot of submissions so it needs some quantity control.
2. We need 1 or 2 good files rather than 100 mediocre files from one sim artist.
3. On this system, your submission cap can be raised easily if you keep submitting good files.

iironiic 02-2-2011 08:23 PM

Sent Passage D. (Edit: High 11 or low 12)

From now on, I think I'm going to send one file at a time, unless I stockpile enough for the next upcoming batch after this one.

TC_Halogen 02-2-2011 08:27 PM

So far, it's looking like the submissions for this batch will be...

(0.5) Eclipse [Luna] /(collab: who_cares973) (11)
(0.5) Remember When/(collab: psychoangel691) (she says 8, I say 9 - we'll level with that)
Cest What (12)
Molto Vivace v2 (11)

...and possibly one more, if I can hurry. (which will equal my cap of 4 :3)

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3410819)
Yo Arch, what was the last file you stepped?

The most recent was a revision of Gaussian Blur for KBO. Before that it was Birthright (Blue Stahli mix), which you can play here.

TC_Halogen 02-2-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3410960)
[...]which you can play here.

Well...it started off pretty alright... <_<

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 11:35 PM

I like ghost notes and jacks and tend to dislike the PR/layering on most songs. Most people feel the opposite and I realize that.

bmah 02-2-2011 11:35 PM

Holy hell, what was that? hahaha

edit: yeah, you made your affinity for ghost notes very clear in Energizer

My question is, what makes ghost notes enjoyable to play?

TC_Halogen 02-2-2011 11:44 PM

I feel that ghosting is an acceptable charting strategy, but not in extreme cases seen like in your version of Birthright, or in Energizer. Ghosting for syncopative purposes is totally alright, but pushing unrealistically beyond accuracy capabilities is a little ridiculous. Then again, this is more of the player opinion than the charter's opinion, but in both cases, I believe you're going a little past common sense. Just seems like a dump.

Arch0wl 02-2-2011 11:45 PM

Well, I don't view files as "playing the song" but "interpreting the song." That's probably the most crucial contrast between how I view files vs. most people today; I view ghost notes as an interpretation of the song's energy. If you actually dance to a song, you tend to move your body to a generalized composite of every rhythm it has. When I use a ghost note I'm not thinking about how the song is being represented in the notes but how your hands are moving to the song, similar to how an Irish dancer would add rhythms to the melody.

Also, I like difficulty spikes a lot. They're used a lot in Korean music games and I like their effect. They make for great entertainment when someone is capable of doing them.

bmah 02-2-2011 11:47 PM

@simfile artists: apparently this hasn't been made clear enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax
Just put [Resubmission] at the top of the name of zip/rar file and folder ,then submit.
i.e. [Resubmission] Magical 8bit Tour (jimerax).zip.