Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Recommendations. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=54722)

emolicious54 03-24-2007 08:45 PM

Re: Recommendations.

What r some good movies? that r like funny

emolicious54 03-24-2007 08:45 PM

8-) What r some good movies? that r like funny

Squeek 03-24-2007 09:55 PM

wut r sum gud movez???// liek funy moviez n stuf

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :) :D :) 8)

xObserveRx 03-24-2007 09:55 PM

How did anyone like Kare Kano more so than Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien? KK is totally emo ish and depressing (not that I don't like that, I actually gravitate toward those types of series) and KGNE is almost exactly the same, how could you mention one and not the other.

KGNE has also been in the top 3 of the Anime Top 200 since it's release pretty much, you really can't ignore that.

On the topic of depressing series, I know a few of you have seen Saikano, but not everyone has. This is a short series, like KGNE has a really depressing/saddening theme to it. It's slightly "emo" ish, but not as tacky as KGNE is. This was one of the first series I watched as an anime fan, it I totally loved it.

Also, BECK: Mongolian Chop squad is a really good series too. It follows an up-and-coming Japanese rock band through their daily lives. The show's main character takes up most of the story, but this series was quite different from what I had seen. There's a LOT of english (and plenty of Engrish in it too) in this series which caught me off guard but made lots of sense. Apparently some american company picked this series up and dubbed it. How that worked out with the english in the series, I don't know. That must've been weird.

slipstrike0159 03-24-2007 10:31 PM

How did you guys seriously get through 4 pages of recommendations and not mention Rurouni Kenshin or its Samurai X movies? Seriously, great stuff, its at the top of my list for anime.
In any case, on the topic of movie recommends and off the topic of anime, the illusionist was a pretty good movie that i would recommend to anyone i know.

Squeek 03-24-2007 11:54 PM

Probably because it was incredibly drawn-out and boring typical shonen anime?

Really, the entire series could have been a single season. There was no point in using 95 episodes for all of that.

The only thing good about the series is the prequel, and that's not very good either.

Myst1278 04-10-2007 01:39 PM

Kino's Journey (9.5, at least to me)
Definately recommended for the deep thinkers. Just about a girl crusing around the world on her motorad (motorcycle).

King of Bandit Jing (9.0)
It's in the same thread as Kino, but concentrates a little more on action.

FLCL (9.5)
There's a plot, but it would take me a page to describe it.

_Ashuku 04-10-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myst1278 (Post 1443997)
Kino's Journey (9.5, at least to me)
Definately recommended for the deep thinkers. Just about a girl crusing around the world on her motorad (motorcycle).

King of Bandit Jing (9.0)
It's in the same thread as Kino, but concentrates a little more on action.

FLCL (9.5)
There's a plot, but it would take me a page to describe it.

I'll agree with you there but i've never seen kino's journey

GuidoHunter 04-10-2007 03:57 PM

Code Geass. So far it's an amazing show, but the last three episodes won't come out until this summer, so I'll wait to pass full judgment.

Still, though, go watch the first twenty-three right now.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

jamuko 04-10-2007 04:24 PM

I'll second Kino. It's got kind of a slow, melancholy but somehow heartwarming feel to it, which can be really nice. It's not for you if you're looking for loads of explosions or roaring comedy, but if you're in the mood for something more introspective, I'd highly recommend it.

I believe there is a new movie coming out soon as well.

_Ashuku 04-10-2007 06:00 PM

I watched the 1st episode of code geass on youtube I was gonna watch the 2nd ep but it seems they deleted all of the ep.,that sucks

P.S.I saw it on Easter the day after it was gone

Moogy 04-10-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter (Post 1444545)
Code Geass. So far it's an amazing show, but the last three episodes won't come out until this summer, so I'll wait to pass full judgment.

Still, though, go watch the first twenty-three right now.

--Guido

Last two, actually. The first season is only 25 episodes.

The second season airs this fall.

jetsakaitenki 04-10-2007 11:59 PM

FLCL is really random. The first episode confused me so much. I've seen some of the animes of the recommendation list, Trigun was an okay anime as well as Hellsing(?) and Fate/Stay Night. Well, there's others, it's not a recommendation, more like a list. There's Deathnote, D Gray-man, DN Angel, Kyo Kara Maoh(?), Prince of Tennis, Full Metal Alchemist, Trinity Blood, Blood+, Eureka Seven, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent(?), Inu Yasha, Bleach, Naruto(it's getting stupid), One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club (sorry if this is not in aphabetical order, these animes are just from the top of my head), Wolf's Rain, Yami no Matsuei, La Corda d'Oro ~Primo Passo~ (an anime about musicians, orchestra), Rurouni Kenshin, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Loveless(somewhat yaoi), Sukisyo(considered Yaoi), Chobits(haven't seen this one), DearS(or this one), Howl's Moving Castle(movie), Spirited Away(movie), The Cat Returns(movie), Princess Monoke(movie), Desert Punk, Basilisk, Speed Grapher, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Tenjou Tenge, Yu Yu Hakusho, .Hack//sign, Pokemon(if it counts), Tenchi Muyo, Märchen Awakens Romance, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou, and the Final Fantasies. (If they count.) Most of these animes I've seen, some I've haven't. If you want to get more info on these animes, google it or wiki it.

Billydude 04-11-2007 06:46 PM

I wanna watch some of Miyazaki's movies. I've only seem Spirited Away and I have to say, it was amazing. It's very odd I admit, but it's absolutely beautiful. Which Miyazaki movies would you recommend?

Dragon_Master2557 04-11-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billydude (Post 1447922)
I wanna watch some of Miyazaki's movies. I've only seem Spirited Away and I have to say, it was amazing. It's very odd I admit, but it's absolutely beautiful. Which Miyazaki movies would you recommend?

I would recommend Princess Mononoke. Absolutely amazing, much better than Sprited Away (in my opinion, anyway).

GuidoHunter 04-11-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon_Master2557 (Post 1448480)
I would recommend Princess Mononoke. Absolutely amazing, much better than Sprited Away (in my opinion, anyway).

I highly disagree. While Princess Mononoke is a really good movie, I'd recommend Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Howl's Moving Castle, and Castle in the Sky before it (and, of course, after Spirited Away, which I think is the best of the ones I've seen).

--Guido

jamuko 04-11-2007 11:33 PM

While I love Miyazaki films, I have to voice one complaint since I never seem to hear anyone else thinking the same thing. That strikes me as really odd, because it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

The romances move too quickly, which makes it harder to sympathize with/relate to the pair. It just feels really unrealistic, which detracts from its eloquence to me. "Huh? What's going on?" "Oh, here's some strange dude" "OMG I LOVE YOU!"

That's not to say I don't love the movies anyway, because I do. I just find it weird that people don't seem to notice that.

TS_SonicMaster 04-11-2007 11:37 PM

That's the only thing I don't like about those Miyazaki movies, just too quickly in romance, I'm a guy that wants to just slowly absorb that stuff and think about it in relation to real life.

I prefer Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away over the others, probably because of the plots.

cC@Zz 04-11-2007 11:48 PM

I've noticed that as well about the romances. I still love his movies though.

GuidoHunter 04-12-2007 02:37 AM

What romances? Of all the movies I listed earlier (plus Porco Rosso, though I'm not certain that that was Miyazaki), I don't recall a single "romance". There was male-female bonding, like in Castle in the Sky, but it was all far from romance. Maybe Howl's Moving Castle, as the plot was kind of conducive to romance, but it's been a while.

Either way, judging solely by the fact that I can't even remember the slightest attempt at romance should go to show that it was hardly an important theme in any of those movies.

--Guido