Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   C o n v o Z o n e (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150425)

Spenner 12-13-2018 08:59 PM

C o n v o Z o n e

Hello lads and vlads

This is the c o n v o z o n e

This thread will consist of a controlled level of shitposting, as the idea of the thread is to carry a stream of convo.

If you do not like the current topic going on in the thread, you may creatively transition into a new topic of your choice (one which would open the stage for people to share their thoughts-- try to avoid blocking the next potential poster from having anything to say.

Ok with having laid some basic ground rules, we can begin:

---

I really don't know how to start a thread, so this is really just my attempt at doing that.

What even makes a good thread? Is there a secret formula? What would your idea for the perfect thread be?

flashflash account 12-13-2018 09:17 PM

Re: C o n v o Z o n e

A good thread has a topic of discussion that stays relevant for a significant period of time

SKG_Scintill 12-13-2018 09:37 PM

needs needless drama

dAnceguy117 12-13-2018 09:42 PM

but that means it's needed drama

qrrbrbirbel 12-13-2018 09:49 PM

Step 1: state a fact or opinion and/or ask a question.
Step 2: wait for contrary response.
Step 3: observe the entire meltdown of the human race.
Step 4: Repopulate
Step 5: Swear into law that which caused catastrophe and prevent a second coming.
Step 6: Ignore step 5

mellonxcollie 12-13-2018 10:13 PM

I like this thread

storn42 12-13-2018 10:42 PM

Did someone say shotposting?

aperson 12-13-2018 11:29 PM

4 keys is the best number of keys

flashflash account 12-13-2018 11:36 PM

Shiptoasting

dashoe93 12-14-2018 12:20 AM

Hey guys, it's me, the thread

DNAlei 12-14-2018 01:12 AM

this thread is so original, I wonder how long it took you to come up with this :)

Spenner 12-14-2018 05:15 AM

It actually took me a significant amount of time (which for me is like 8 minutes)

You, on the other hand, manage to make such original and engaging threads so effortlessly. Congrats.

The problem is that no matter what someone tries, most of the time there will be at least one person not entertained, if it is a discussion thread.

Looking back at what’s been working lately, it seems like controversy is a spice in the pie, no?

By the way, happy friday to those who have a reason to identify friday as different from the rest of the week. I’ll be going to a virtual reality arcade for a work party. I’m not sure if I should plan to be intoxicated or not at this point.

Does friday feel like the end of a weekly chapter? The start of the weekend chapter? Or is it just another day

Spenner 12-14-2018 05:28 AM

Ok ok this is boring, to go about it this way. If we can manage to spark up something controversial without divulging too senselessly into drama, we’ll be on the right track.

Squaa? Do I just sqwack like a bird? I feel as though that’s all “shitposting” is, people sqwacking like birds back and forth. Yet it seems that people like to be birds. In a day and age where our level of care and attention span is at a general minimum, is someone throwing bread really the only thing that gets us excited? Or someone dropping their food.

I feel as though most of you are just waiting for prey. And when it lands here, it’s just bare minimum effort posting like “lol” and “haha op is weetawd”, which is all fine and good but I dislike because it feels like it’s spreading useless garbage over a potentially decent platform for interacting in.

I think discord and other things is changing the way people post on forums, by shortening their attention window for which they can express an idea. This ain’t twitter. But then again if you simply have nothing meaningful to contribute then that’s just the way it is. Sensibly, I don’t usually post unless I have some kind of contribution. Otherwise I’m just a bird in the background, caw caw caw

TL;DR I’m bitter because I’m bad at smalltalk or something

Charu 12-14-2018 08:00 AM

I know what you mean.

Forums anywhere from 2000-2010 felt like a spot where a single sentence post was usually frowned upon. Now though, in this current decade, it seems we have gotten used to social media and it's general one or two sentence blurbs that it reflects on forums now.

No longer are forums a place where a massive amount of text is splatted on a virtual screen where someone explains in GREAT detail about some topic the thread was made for. Now it's generally accepted throughout the Internet that it's okay to post:

your mom

Within a thread if you wish to express you disagree with someone else's post.

...Also, imagining everyone on here shitposting to actual be birds is an amusing thought. Are we all bird are are the birds us?

Are we BIRD UP?

DaBackpack 12-14-2018 10:21 AM

im a bird

YoshL 12-14-2018 10:28 AM

Your Zack's asshole actually

Wielding a yellow plastic bat

DaBackpack 12-14-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4662224)
Your Zack's asshole actually

Wielding a yellow plastic bat

I still have that bat, it's next to my washer

my roommate asks about it sometimes

Antori 12-14-2018 11:25 AM

maelstorm is way too high for it's difficulty change my mind

or in other words

one handed jump jacks are actually easy and should be nerfed change my mind

Dinglesberry 12-14-2018 11:43 AM

whats a one handed jump jack, like repeated [12][12][12]? Because in my opinion the most difficult pattern in the game is what I like to call the planet hell (cuz its from minas planet hell file)

like do u see this patterning on the left hand like lollll

123kappa3 12-14-2018 11:58 AM

Since maelstorm is one of my highest rated songs I would have to agree that it is too high for its difficulty cause I suck at this game.