Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Red Blaster wants to be unbanned (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142928)

DarkManticoreX2 09-28-2015 01:42 PM

Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

Using the polling options above, please decide as a community if you think he's served his time and he should be given a third chance.

For those of you who don't know, Red Blaster was perma-banned in the past for revealing his role pm mid game during heated arguments. This led to him being Mod-killed in both instances and destroying an entire phase for whichever team he was on.

This has happened Twice, despite being warned about it and the potential to be permabanned after the first instance.

Jtehanonymous 09-28-2015 01:54 PM

Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

ultimately, my decision is based on a need for activity to play twg in the first place. So for the sake of activity, yeah.

who knows, maybe third time is the charm~ :v

XelNya 09-28-2015 02:31 PM

Probation.

Give him a 10 game probation period where if he even threatens to break a TWG rule he's mod killed and perma'd again instantly. Obviously at the discretion of the game hosts / you.

Would also consider the first game of those ten should be required to be a replacement sign up first / maybe more.

Something along that line.

XelNya 09-28-2015 02:32 PM

Also: yes I think ten is actually a tame number for this. I think anything less is too low.

DarkManticoreX2 09-28-2015 02:38 PM

I will be releasing/upholding the Permaban based on the poll results, factoring in only TWG players. So please remember to use the poll if you want your voice to be heard.

This is a community decision because an outburst affects an entire game, not just one person or player.

AragakiAyase 09-28-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4363443)
Probation.

Give him a 10 game probation period where if he even threatens to break a TWG rule he's mod killed and perma'd again instantly. Obviously at the discretion of the game hosts / you.

Would also consider the first game of those ten should be required to be a replacement sign up first / maybe more.

Something along that line.

This sounds like a good idea

_Zenith_ 09-28-2015 03:01 PM

I highly suggest the option Xelnya presented.

For that reason, I would be willing to let him participate again under those conditions.

rzr 09-28-2015 03:44 PM

Xel's idea is mint. I never played with him, but it's not excusable. Activity seems to be the biggest problem, currently. 10 Game Probation, first 3 must be as replacement only?
/fish

mrpreggers 09-28-2015 04:06 PM

i think he should be banned he's a dumb guy and i don't like him

T-Force 09-28-2015 04:28 PM

Once was already too much, and the second not only ruined a phase for his team, but broke the spirit of a mystery game and threw a couple solid plays into the toilet. That was too far, in my opinion, and I don't think he should be allowed... Unless you go with that probationary period Xel spoke of, but I don't see a need to have him unbanned from TWG any time soon.

Cold Kitten 09-28-2015 04:42 PM

a million times no he should not be unbanned. even if he wasn't outright breaking rules when he was playing (or threatening to) he seemed to just want to make the game less fun for everyone from what i gathered. i feel very strongly he should stay banned.

gold stinger 09-28-2015 04:46 PM

I think if he were to come back I guess I would agree on something similar to what Xelnya mentioned.

Would someone be able to share more info on what games these happened in? I feel like what Xelnya mentioned was an average, and I would probably make the probation period longer or shorter depending on whether or not roleflips were turned on.

gold stinger 09-28-2015 04:47 PM

I think if he were to come back I guess I would agree on something similar to what Xelnya mentioned.

Would someone be able to share more info on what games these happened in? I feel like what Xelnya mentioned was an average, and I would probably make the probation period longer or shorter depending on whether or not roleflips were turned on.

thesunfan 09-28-2015 04:47 PM

Slightly less hardline as the rest of you, I think he needs to be watched or whatever it needs to be called, which sucks, but it would be happening anyway, officially or not.

It really boils down to how relaxed you want FFRTWG to be. I'm not really in favor of permanently banning someone from FFRTWG unless they REALLY deserve it. I think he should be given a fair shot.

That being said, even threatening to post their PM, INCLUDING PEOPLE OTHER THAN RED BLASTER, should be a modkill just on its own.

I'm for letting him play, just making sure he doesn't do what he did, which I don't think he will.

gold stinger 09-28-2015 04:48 PM

haaaaaaaaah doubleposting messages that brings back memories

rzr 09-28-2015 04:57 PM

yall remember madmatt hahahaha

Charu 09-28-2015 04:58 PM

where notes?

_Zenith_ 09-28-2015 05:35 PM

I should reword my post a bit to really explain how I feel about him and his ban situation.

I have to agree with Cold Kitten where we honestly shouldn't be talking about if he should come back or not because no matter how lenient FFRTWG can or cannot be, the issue with him is:

1. Threatening to post your Role PM is one of the most important rules not to break during Forum Mafia/TWG. He has threatened multiple times, and has successfully posted his Role PM during games twice (iirc, correct me if I'm wrong there).

2. Just on above point alone, his "TWG Ban Hearing" shouldn't be for another sum of time. I say this because at that time, everyone was disheartened, angered, and fuming because of his actions and it severely took a toll in the last game he did it in (the mystery game). In my opinion, we should be having this conversation in a month or so, especially when activity has dropped due to school for the most part and we had already discussed possibly doing Turbos/keeping games minuscule for now because of activity.

I'm not really the person to be saying this the way I am, though TWG is still a main reason why some of us log onto FFR and the most important rule was broken on multiple occasions and his threats in game were more than plentiful.

choof 09-28-2015 06:36 PM

I frequently defended him after the polls of the first twg awards, he cleaned up his act and became a pretty strong player, imo. If he does want to be unbanned, I think he'll be checking himself, and if he has the urge to do anything dumb to get himself modkilled, he'll just step away from the game.

I'd be fine with seeing him play again, but imo he only gets one more chance. If he does any modkillable antics, he's done.

iirc he mentioned that he would continuing playing on other sites, and it's been a few months? I'd actually like to see if he did continue playing, and I wonder if he's matured as a player, aside from the modkill bullshit.

choof 09-28-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4363468)
yall remember madmatt hahahaha

madmatt literally makes biscuits and gravy for military officers as a cook for the army lmao