Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Suimega - SIDEREUS NUNCIUS (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145191)

ScylaX 08-15-2016 04:29 PM

Suimega - SIDEREUS NUNCIUS

https://suimega.bandcamp.com/album/sidereus-nuncius
I'm completely exhausted but this is out. 9 tracks, 48 minutes.
And I changed my alias to Suimega as Scylaax wasn't fitting me anymore stylistically (to say the least).

Summary: IDM, glitch aesthetic, bad mastering and lyrical harmonies!!!!!!!

portalbob340 08-15-2016 05:06 PM

Re: Suimega - SIDEREUS NUNCIUS

This is a great album, awesome work! :D

PrawnSkunk 08-15-2016 05:13 PM

You are an entire universe. I love your music, and have listened to SKULL-EX MERCURY in its entirety countless times.

Xayphon 08-15-2016 05:43 PM

hwatt t tt tt tt

ScylaX 08-15-2016 06:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!! prawnskunk your comment touches my heart with a *magic finger*

kommisar 08-16-2016 01:06 PM

produit musical de toute excellence

b-a-e-r 08-16-2016 02:37 PM

Your albums so far have been of excellent quality, I'd have no problem at all with paying money for these if even so much as a "name your price" option were available on them.

lofty rhino 08-16-2016 04:24 PM

keep this shit up

thoroughly enjoyed what I listened to.

ScylaX 08-16-2016 05:56 PM

Yes!! I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon though my activity is very sporadic
your support and praises make me feel fluffy inside

hi19hi19 08-16-2016 06:06 PM

This is the buzz noise shit I live for <3

That reminds me I need to finish my skull ex mercury file

ScylaX 08-17-2016 06:42 AM

Ah yes !!! last time I saw a "FFR version" of the music in my files I completely forgot about it and wondered why I made it at all hahaha

Also baer I forgot to answer you because your intention makes me glad!!! however I really want to keep it free perfectly free without any room for money to avoid any sort of issue that may arise (I don't *own* stuff like the original illustration on the cover and I don't know if I'm using sounds/samples I have the right to make money from for instance)

XelNya 08-17-2016 06:46 AM

My body isn't ready for this.

Some new music to listen to at work tomorrow. yessssssssssssssss

gold stinger 08-17-2016 01:42 PM

Damn this is some hot stuff

Might consider stepping at least 1 song in there for my packs

choof 08-18-2016 08:10 PM

I really tried to like this album, but I ran into the same exact issue that I have with practically everything you ever release. You seem to put so much effort and energy into composition that whenever you complete a track, you're totally spent and just forgo mastering, compression, etc. You focus almost solely on composition and don't look at anything else.

Which, for me, makes this album unlistenable. The more chaotic the song is, the more your sounds bleed together into a indistinguishable mess. Some parts of the album, such as the intro to ANUBIS/ANARCHY, cover so much of the spectrum that it's physically painful.

But not all is bad. The thing I love the most about your music is your song progression. Holy shit, do you know how to progress a track. HORUS is one of my favorite tracks on the album because of this. The section from 3:00 to 3:45 is easily an album highlight. In fact, all of the tracks have sections that make me think, "okay fuck this part is cool but I wish he had someone master this because then I could tell what's going on and it would be that much cooler." The outro track is another good example. The mastering on this is godawful but the concept of the track is fantastic.

I know you're going to continue making music, and that's great. I want more music from you, but please, I beg of you, find someone to master the album. I know there are people on FFR who think the same thing and can master way better than I or you could. CBR comes to mind lol.

But yeah. Great album conceptually and compositionally, grating album sonically.

ScylaX 08-19-2016 04:21 PM

Yeah I'm really looking for a way to improve mastering and tried/experimented a number of things that were quite unsuccessful (and I think a lot about this actually, because I'd rather have my stuff finely tuned than plainly sounding "cheap" at times)
I don't know about asking somebody haha but I'd be enthusiastic to learn about simple and useful stuff from which I could progress on my own. I occasionally searched for useful tutorials I could use but things seemed quite complicated and surprisingly specific, and I couldn't determine if it would end up helping me so each of my attempts basically resulted in me giving up.

thanks a lot for the detailed review (and praises too!!) because it's something I don't frequently get yet it's very very important for me and my own growth

Coolboyrulez0 08-22-2016 09:59 AM

I can fully echo choofs sentiments. Structurally and melodically this is top notch while the engineering aspect falls short (mixing + mastering).
Nevertheless a great work of music, but it could excel even further.

You can send me a .flp of yours and I'll try to understand what you are doing or trying to do from a mix perspective and maybe give pointers. You cannot fix a bad mix in post-production (mastering)
(or collab and you can teach me how to be more "musical" lol)

ScylaX 08-22-2016 04:42 PM

Hahaha as I basically release one new song each 2 months I don't know how a collab would turn out and I wouldn't like things to stagnate!! Besides my .flps are total mess as I usually make everything on 1 pattern (I think it's called like that) and keep composing on it (I also happen to use Audacity to rearrange some parts or add new ones....... my projects are as disheveled as they can get)

tho if I ever get the energy to attempt a collab I won't hesitate to message you

IamMe90 08-27-2016 09:21 PM

the melodic leads need to be mixed a lot louder and the percussion needs to go down a notch

cool phrasing though, kinda reminds me of some of the GBA castlevania's OGMs

NeoMasterPie 08-31-2016 11:16 PM

you already know how much i love your shit. i know i still need to step that cut version of viral galaxy you sent me :v

this is no exception, though i agree with choof to some degree. for me it's very listenable just because i crave that melody and chord progression you deliver so well <3

Zon Fire 11-8-2016 10:03 PM

Someone please step Horus, love that track.