Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How's your posture? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152425)

ShurykaN 10-6-2020 02:38 PM

How's your posture?

Wondering how many ppl have good posture while playing. I remember an Arch0wl post where he mentioned he always sat up super straight.
I don't think slouching is bad for you though, even if it gets a bad rep. How can you vibro if you're not leaning forward on top of your keyboard??

Pizza69 10-6-2020 03:25 PM

Re: How's your posture?

even if i start out sitting straight, as i get more focused i start leaning in way more and eventually there's just not really any hope of maintaining good posture anymore lol. so when playing i usually sit in like, a mild slouch

Hakulyte 10-6-2020 04:01 PM

Ideally, you'd want to sit as straight as possible. Not for optimal scoring, but so you don't crack your back and be semi stuck in that slouch position by default one random day that you decided to push yourself.

Posture is pretty important for this game, especially on long term. People usually just don't realize it until it's too late.

Bad hand posture can also prevent people from playing at their real best.

Elbows shouldn't support your hands. You will eventually crack them in a weird way after a bunch of years.
Shoulders is another thing that can hurt if you tense up too much.

CammyGoesRawr 10-6-2020 04:12 PM

I try to keep my back straight and lean in, but my back is a bit messed up as is so I tend to slouch a bit as I play. In some weird way, it helps me focus more, but I know it ultimately tanks my stamina faster so I wouldn't recommend slouching. Physical consistency = more consistent performance

mi40 10-6-2020 11:10 PM

u know gollum
that's me

FlynnMac 10-6-2020 11:14 PM

I play mobile does that count as posture or is it just solely for making my life and my bent back harder

gold stinger 10-6-2020 11:20 PM

I feel like I've developed a mix of it. I sit forward for intense moments or rhythm gaming, but sit back for everything else.

Andrew WCY 10-6-2020 11:41 PM

I used to slouch forward a bit when playing, but I later found sitting with a straight back to be much more comfortable and help me stay calmer during intense sections of charts. Now I try my best to sit upright, and whenever I find myself slouching again I'd correct it immediately.

mi40 10-6-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4745449)
I feel like I've developed a mix of it. I sit forward for intense moments or rhythm gaming, but sit back for everything else.

how intense are we talking here
like entering a boss battle then remembering you didnt save intense

gold stinger 10-7-2020 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4745454)
how intense are we talking here
like entering a boss battle then remembering you didnt save intense

You're poisoned, you just ran out of antidote's, and your tank just pulled the next trash group with the healer at half mana intense.

Mahou 10-7-2020 07:49 PM

I don't think this warrants a lot of thought but just try to maintain good posture.

mi40 10-7-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4745466)
You're poisoned, you just ran out of antidote's, and your tank just pulled the next trash group with the healer at half mana intense.

oh shit

gold stinger 10-8-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4745500)
oh shit

Yeah I'm not talking like World First raid boss kill intense or anything (I've experienced that, gets your blood pumping like nuts).

But it is not perfect posture.

MixMasterLar 10-8-2020 08:14 AM

Eh, I'm leaning forward for sure but I don't use my arms/elbows to support myself. I'll vote no all the same

I probably have less of an excuse because of years of Tai Chi hammering in the importance of posture, but whenever gaming happens I default back to a cave man

James Somers 10-9-2020 07:12 AM

I sit at the computer as I have to, sometimes I even bend my leg under me. At the same time, in everyday life I do not experience problems with posture. I regularly go in for sports, I sleep on a hard surface, so after several hours at the computer in a free position, the spine does not deform.

PhantomPuppy 10-9-2020 02:33 PM

posture looks roughly like this

AlexDest 10-9-2020 09:13 PM

i sometimes catch myself slouching because it's what happens when i'm pushing or overexerting

sometimes i wish the meta was better defined 10+ years ago, maybe my posture would be a lot better :oops:

Scampe 10-10-2020 11:06 AM

I prefer to sit up straight, but sadly, I succumb to habit and slouch while playing almost any game.

_DJ Vinyl_ 10-10-2020 01:31 PM

I straight most of the time. Although it can be hard sometimes to slouch due to my scoliosis