Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150906)

Gradiant 05-2-2019 06:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I don't think it's spicy enough, needs some more heat

roundbox 05-2-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672869)
I don't think it's spicy enough, needs some more heat

gradiant and shadowolfe

I'll take my townreads at the door

Gradiant 05-2-2019 06:37 PM

throw sunfan in there too, that'll really get things going

mellon_collie 05-2-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4672860)
EXCUSE ME?

I'M SORRY T_T

prove me wrong!!!

roundbox 05-2-2019 06:48 PM

yeah to be completely honest, the only townread I got from before was star

everything else just kinda whisked through my brain
not sure why, but this is where I'm at

mellon_collie 05-2-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4672829)
@Raeko this was written to you

why so pushy? :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4672779)
Can you give me an example of YoshL's towny things that you saw he was thinking of? Just curious

I liked his way of thinking behind his Haku read. I thought what Haku said was weird, mostly because I couldn't connect how a game without OOTC could set Haku up a similar situation as last game. So when YoshL said this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daikyi (Post 4672721)
another of the long posts was also super flimsy, as it was some really unprompted introspection of a past game and needing to reset or something, despite the fact that this game hasnt seen any real meat in analysis or action.

he basically said what I had been thinking and I feel like he was looking at things from the same angle as me.

It's also a bit of a tone read, but I haven't played with him for a while so I could be wrong on that

mellon_collie 05-2-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4672778)
raeko you haven't ~_^ in your last couple of pictures and that's pretty wolfy

my next selfie my face will resemble ;_; from the trauma of so many mean people voting for me

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672847)
I was asking mml to elaborate. You said i was wrong. That is what happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672852)
i'm currently more irritated that shado took it upon himself to do it for you without actually answering anything, just saying 'wrong'

Oh FFS, now I'm getting frustrated too. I feel like a voice conversation would probably resolve this in a minute or two, but such is TWG.

We already established I misunderstood your question for you noting something and read into it as such.

I can't figure out why you're so hung up on the word "wrong" when it doesn't even apply after I acknowledged misreading your intent. I wasn't answering your question with a wrong, I thought you were making a w/w connection between MML and myself in this post and I liked the approach because I thought that level of observation betrayed a solving mindset behind it. That's when I commented saying I liked your slot for scumhunting and said the scumhunting is wrong. Because obviously it would be wrong if the conclusion in any way relied on me being scum.

Once you said I was mistaken about your intent and pointed out that you were asking a question here, instead of noting the connection I thought you were here, then my whole comment goes out the window because we're talking about two separate things from the get-go.

I guess this could've been avoided if I'd worded this better/clearer, but whatever. Hopefully this will bridge our communication gap.

mellon_collie 05-2-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4672876)
Because obviously it would be wrong if the conclusion in any way relied on me being scum.

this is giving me slight overconfident shadoWOLF vibes like trailer park boys game but I'm probably just being paranoid rofl

flashflash account 05-2-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4672860)
good hot

got it!

not sure if he answered this yet but it's an inside joke
I once wrote a paper about double negatives in college
actually I'm not sure why it turned into a joke; I forgot why I brought up the fact I wrote that paper completely lmfao

MOST UNDERRATED POST IN THE THREAD HOLY SHITif anybody comments on the "catching up, I got to post #200", it was intentional. got em

star's pointedness and unwavering tone is giving me town vibes for her d0

sitting on this thought too
I'm gonna wait for him to read other people and make observations that aren't about himself

EXCUSE ME?

still reading, I'm up to post #200

If roundbox is a wolf this game I will become a believer in the universal scumtell

flashflash account 05-2-2019 07:04 PM

WOW
I'M DEAD
ROUNDBOX LOCK TOWN

Gradiant 05-2-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4672876)
Oh FFS, now I'm getting frustrated too. I feel like a voice conversation would probably resolve this in a minute or two, but such is TWG.

We already established I misunderstood your question for you noting something and read into it as such.

I can't figure out why you're so hung up on the word "wrong" when it doesn't even apply after I acknowledged misreading your intent. I wasn't answering your question with a wrong, I thought you were making a w/w connection between MML and myself in this post and I liked the approach because I thought that level of observation betrayed a solving mindset behind it. That's when I commented saying I liked your slot for scumhunting and said the scumhunting is wrong. Because obviously it would be wrong if the conclusion in any way relied on me being scum.

Once you said I was mistaken about your intent and pointed out that you were asking a question here, instead of noting the connection I thought you were here, then my whole comment goes out the window because we're talking about two separate things from the get-go.

I guess this could've been avoided if I'd worded this better/clearer, but whatever. Hopefully this will bridge our communication gap.

In which case, my irritation still stands because instead of having mml elaborate when i was asking him, i had you butting in misreading what i posted.

flashflash account 05-2-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4672877)
this is giving me slight overconfident shadoWOLF vibes like trailer park boys game but I'm probably just being paranoid rofl

Wrong

Gradiant 05-2-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672880)
my irritation still stands

or rather still stood?

Gradiant 05-2-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4672881)
Wrong

See, this is a good post here but you're wrong.

obviously, i'm being a shitlord here but ffa could very easily think this post is pretty stupid and be mad at me.

MixMasterLar 05-2-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672854)
Again, this post is focused on solving based on mechanical information, communicating appropriately, game solving in general (second guessing), being concerned about wasting lynches, "rally[ing] others over logical stuff." All of those things seem way more relevant to town play than to wolf play. Why would he be talking to a wolf partner about these things, as opposed to things more relevant to being a wolf?

I read it that Haku is concerned because he royally fucked up last game.
He would still be in wolfchat concerned that he's too bad to play proper TWG.

Not a point I was making before, but I also feel that as wolf he is never that clueless; I have never seen him fake being clueless anywhere near that convincingly and after last game I dont think his skillset has improved to that extent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672856)
I mean, my vote had nothing to do with dai, that's all you putting that on me. Why are you so stressed about having one vote on you so early in the game?

This is a strawman. You are not addressing any points I made about the vote.

But for the record no, If you demonstrated that you as a town made that vote with some logic coming from the post I made around the time of the vote I wouldn't have bothered even pointing the vote out in the way that I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4672856)
Basically any time you are using pronouns you're completely losing me. I have no idea what "it" is.

read the quote I'm responding to? Assuming English is your first language I have a very hard time believing that you find the phrase "No it isn't" hard to understand.

Past that you can feel free to leave a series of yes/no questions you think would cover what you don't understand and when I get back from Tai Chi I'll answer but no seriously I think you're just not reading my post right now. You sure aren't bringing up any points that show me you have done anything but a glance.

--

I 100% believe that Shado and Gradiant had a bit of a misunderstanding and it looks good that Shado tried to clarify instead of doubling down.

I think Shado telling Gradiant not to pat himself on the back was a dick move though.

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4672880)
In which case, my irritation still stands because instead of having mml elaborate when i was asking him, i had you butting in misreading what i posted.

That's fine and all, but I wasn't butting in. I wasn't answering the question you posed to him. Literally all I was doing was dropping a read on you, it never had anything to do with MML or interfered with him answering that God-forsaken question you asked him.

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4672877)

I think you may be the first ever to give me a scum name a la scumfan... And it was so easy all along
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4672878)
If roundbox is a wolf this game I will become a believer in the universal scumtell

Haha I was just thinking the same

mellon_collie 05-2-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4672881)
Wrong

wrong about the read or about being paranoid?

flashflash account 05-2-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4672887)
wrong about the read or about being paranoid?

I don't know how to interpret the fact that you felt the need to ask this