Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Profiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to delete posts permanently? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=90668)

paintedsilhouette 04-4-2008 01:54 PM

how to delete posts permanently?

is there a way to permanently delete all posts associated with a user name>? (preferably this one) its just i google the SN and was able to trace it back to somethings that really look quite foolish looking back on them?

Sa Li El 04-4-2008 03:02 PM

Re: how to delete posts permanently?

If you're talking about forum posts, then you are really asking this in the wrong place. But, to delete your forum posts, you click on the Edit button of the post, then you click on Go Advanced. At the top, there is a radio button that you fill in to "Delete Message", then click the "Delete this Message" button. Though, I don't know why it's really that important to delete your posts, even if they are a bit foolish.

Also, maybe because it would delete the whole thread and take away people's posts, you can't delete your post if it is the first post in the thread (if you started the thread). Although, perhaps it's possible if no one replied.

devonin 04-4-2008 04:43 PM

There's no way for a user to mass delete all their posts.

You could manually go edit the posts you find problematic, either by changing the text or deleting the posts, but the better thing to do might be to accept that people's internet presence matures the same as they do, and figure that nobody is going to hold a years old post against you assuming they even take the time to go looking for them.

Sa Li El 04-4-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 2104365)
... the better thing to do might be to accept that people's internet presence matures the same as they do, and figure that nobody is going to hold a years old post against you assuming they even take the time to go looking for them.

I really agree with this, I don't really believe in deleting posts, or maybe even editing them.

rzr 04-4-2008 08:01 PM

You can easily delete you posts and edit them. Well, almost all of them. You are not able to delete any posts that are the start of a new thread (the first post). Given that you don't have too many posts, just go to the User Control Panel which you can find in the upper left corner of the forums. Next go to all the threads you've started and/or all posts made by you. Then just click on them and edit/delete them. You can also do this by clicking on your name in a forum and clicking They Forum Profile then scroll down a little until you see "view all threads started by this user" and "view all posts by this user."

While on the subject, if it's possible I'd like to recommend installing the ability to delete your own OP's. Based on the fortnI run, I don't think this would be possible. But if it is, it'd be a decent idea.

paintedsilhouette 04-5-2008 10:46 AM

i know all of this sounds silly and there really isnt a post out there that would have a devestating impact,however i am just trying to be more conscious of my digital footprint so to speak. thanks for the help, feel free to move this post if its in the wrong section, my bad.

**all done, it took a bit, but my posts are now conscious free** 4-5-08 @12:10

rzr 04-6-2008 01:27 AM

Why did you want to anyway?

Rofl, imagine if Tass wanted to deleted all his posts? ;)

GuidoHunter 04-6-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintedsilhouette (Post 2105429)
**all done, it took a bit, but my posts are now conscious free** 4-5-08 @12:10

So I guess painted *knocked out* anything unsavory? Eh? Eh? ::nudges with elbow::

Ah, whatever. You all suck.

Question answered, thread locked.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com