Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Velocity 11-25-2010 07:50 PM

FFR Suggestions

FFR Suggestions
Use this topic to suggest something on FFR, may it be a new feature in the engine (that haven't been included in my engine), the website or any other feature/section of the site. Also please make sure before you post, that it isn't in the list below:

Implemented
In progress
Suggested but not worked on

-----------------------------------------
FFR The Game:
- Username/Time in score screen.
- Filter songs by: Length, Difficulty, FC, AAA
- Sort songs by: Length, Rank, FC, AAA
- Search Song List
- Global Offset
- In-game login panel.

- Return to previous genre.
- Navigate Menu with arrow keys.
- Show/Hide Raw Score

leonid 11-25-2010 07:51 PM

Re: FFR Suggestion

In-game login panel.

XXXsmittyXXX 11-25-2010 07:57 PM

Re: FFR Suggestion's

The ability to go back to the same category of the most recent file you just played. Example, Play a song from arcade, finish the song, press back to arcade button.

Plan_Bsk81127 11-25-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX (Post 3351517)
The ability to go back to the same category of the most recent file you just played. Example, Play a song from arcade, finish the song, press back to arcade button.

I like this one.

Also something like stats on the results screen, like username, time, etc, things that would come useful in a tourn SS instead of having to SS like your whole internet screen to make a legit shot.

PrawnSkunk 11-25-2010 08:04 PM

SEARCH FUNCTION. oh please, I hate having to scroll through a song list to find the song I want. ...

Press the button to bring up song list, and instead of searching through hundreds of song titles, could there be a search bar, where you could type in, say "dazz" and it replaces the song list with all titles including that phrase (Dazzling Soul & Dazzling Destiny)?

Deff need this :B

flashpantss 11-25-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3351521)
SEARCH FUNCTION

This would be pretty useful.

PrawnSkunk 11-25-2010 08:11 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

I'm just getting started.

"oh man, I loved that song I played"

-LAST 10 PLAYED SONGS.
-10 SONG FAVORITE LIST

cry4eternity 11-25-2010 08:12 PM

Sorting can already be done in levelranks
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=102924

But it would be nice if all we had to do was click the column title like it already is for Level, Score, and Times played.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-25-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX (Post 3351517)

yes yes yes yes times a million <3 haha

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-25-2010 08:15 PM

You know what would be kind of cool, but I doubt we'll witness? A stepmania-like type grading system. Like AAA, AA, B, etc.

Just like how it's displayed on replays, except in game?

Just a thought.

Fantasticone 11-25-2010 08:20 PM

Distant mode if it's doable.

PrawnSkunk 11-25-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3351539)
You know what would be kind of cool, but I doubt we'll witness? A stepmania-like type grading system. Like AAA, AA, B, etc.

Just like how it's displayed on replays, except in game?

Just a thought.

It does, if you try out Velocity's engine on his first post.
These are suggestions for the Velocity engine, i believe

TC_Halogen 11-25-2010 08:21 PM

Addendum to #5: sort by best/worst rank.

Velocity 11-25-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3351548)
It does, if you try out Velocity's engine on his first post.
These are suggestions for the Velocity engine, i believe

Correct, link is in first post, and Letter grades have been in since day one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3351550)
Addendum to #5: sort by best/worst rank.

That's like loading levelrank every time menu starts D:

Izzy 11-25-2010 08:24 PM

Play random un AAAed song between x and y difficulty button.

I'm assuming you already finished the personal avatar as in game character feature?

Velocity 11-25-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasticone (Post 3351546)
Distant mode if it's doable.

3D perspective is very hard in Flash AS2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3351554)
I'm assuming you already finished the personal avatar as in game character feature?

Code is done, just need to add it.

Zageron 11-25-2010 08:56 PM

Rewrite whole game in AS3.
Scroll wheel, and arrow key functionality.

Hey if your engine is going to be used in the future, why not stretch profile chat to be the same size as your engine. (Because that's how MP is going to work right?)

Velocity 11-25-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3351582)
Rewrite whole game in AS3.
Scroll wheel, and arrow key functionality.

Hey if your engine is going to be used in the future, why not stretch profile chat to be the same size as your engine. (Because that's how MP is going to work right?)

- I'd love to, but I have no coding ability for AS3.

- That's on hold for now.

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-25-2010 10:13 PM

Fix song placements.

Example in arcade the list difficulty wise isn't correct it goes like 3 7 9 in some spots. Scan through the pages you'll know what I mean.

Also I can't tell if this is on the MP beta engine or not but a mute button like your personal engine would be awesome.

bmah 11-25-2010 10:32 PM

Copypasted from another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah
In the dropdown list in the main FFR game, there are some weird things going on that I hope may be fixed:
- every time you return to the main menu after playing a game, the order on the dropdown list is switched (i.e. A to Z, then it appears from Z to A); have the list order remain static.
- songs that begin with lowercase letters are for some reason categorized apart from songs that begin with uppercase letters (these songs also typically get less attention when you're looking for songs in the dropdown list). Have song names listed alphabetically in order without distinguishment between uppercase-lettered songs and lowercase-lettered songs.
- a few songs are completely out of order (name-wise and difficulty-wise) at the end of the dropdown list. Put these in proper order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity
- The sort method isn't reset when you return to the menu, and the code flips it each time you enter the menu screen.
- I'll see what I can do about it.
- When flash does a sorting on the list, it sometimes forgets how to count and the alphabet.

The bolded part is probably the only fixable thing. Just adding it to this thread.

Velocity 11-25-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3351641)
Fix song placements.

Example in arcade the list difficulty wise isn't correct it goes like 3 7 9 in some spots. Scan through the pages you'll know what I mean.

Also I can't tell if this is on the MP beta engine or not but a mute button like your personal engine would be awesome.

- It's not sorted in the playlist itself. That's up to the playlist editors too.

- My engine is getting MP in the coming week or to.

Vanilla Mnm 11-25-2010 10:38 PM

I really like that 'Filter songs by: FC, AAA, Difficulty
It would be so great if I could just take out all the songs I've already AAA'd or something.

I can't tell if this is already included in the game yet or not, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But if you get a negative score, your score goes undefined. It'd stop those people from booing out and getting a million game plays. (even though, idk why people do that)

Velocity 11-25-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm (Post 3351661)
I can't tell if this is already included in the game yet or not, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But if you get a negative score, your score goes undefined. It'd stop those people from booing out and getting a million game plays. (even though, idk why people do that)

Negative scores are ignore globally now.

justin_ator 11-26-2010 02:18 PM

Not really a huge deal either way, but perhaps a way to say random between length x and length y? I really don't like hitting random on 11's and 12's and getting 5-8 minute songs...If I want to play those I pick those.

Not a huge priority but it would be nice. Ore perhaps a sorting method by song length?

Velocity 11-26-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3352062)
Not really a huge deal either way, but perhaps a way to say random between length x and length y? I really don't like hitting random on 11's and 12's and getting 5-8 minute songs...If I want to play those I pick those.

Not a huge priority but it would be nice. Ore perhaps a sorting method by song length?

That shouldn't be hard, added it for filter and sort.

TC_Halogen 11-26-2010 03:09 PM

Suggestion for this thread:

Implemented
In progress

iironiic 11-26-2010 03:18 PM

Hmm... maybe an option to hide the raw score? Everytime I play, I am so tempted to look at my raw score, and then get nervous and then, bam, one boo or one good lol

Velocity 11-26-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352107)
Suggestion for this thread:

Implemented
In progress

Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3352116)
Hmm... maybe an option to hide the raw score? Everytime I play, I am so tempted to look at my raw score, and then get nervous and then, bam, one boo or one good lol

That shouldn't be hard at all.

One Winged Angel 11-26-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3352116)

oh my god I love you

TC_Halogen 11-26-2010 04:18 PM

Oh...

Add the best rank and the current rank on the song after you play. I noticed that your engine doesn't do that, haha.

Velocity 11-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352165)
Oh...

Add the best rank and the current rank on the song after you play. I noticed that your engine doesn't do that, haha.

That's on the list to re-add every I removed from my engine.

customstuff 11-26-2010 05:01 PM

That would be amazing if you could sort songs by notes per second. It might be hard to do though.

Velocity 11-26-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 3352190)
That would be amazing if you could sort songs by notes per second. It might be hard to do though.

That info isn't available anywhere unfortunately and the only way I can think of doing it will put a heavy toll on the server.

Patashu 11-26-2010 06:33 PM

Adjustable sudden and hidden windows that hide the notes, ala the ones in IIDX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zutT7eQn0
it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space

Velocity 11-26-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3352262)
Adjustable sudden and hidden windows that hide the notes, ala the ones in IIDX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zutT7eQn0

The video makes that make much more sense, lol.

"it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space"
Not sure what you mean.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-26-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 3352190)

Yeah, that's an awesome idea. You could reference a songs speed based on NPS (notes per second). Obviously it would be calculated averagely throughout a song.

Velocity 11-26-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3352290)
Yeah, that's an awesome idea. You could reference a songs speed based on NPS (notes per second). Obviously it would be calculated averagely throughout a song.

Only real problem is I don't have access to the level data or notes until the level is loaded.

Patashu 11-26-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3352280)
The video makes that make much more sense, lol.

"it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space"
Not sure what you mean.

Okay, let's start by assuming that the resolution of FFR cannot be increased at this point in time.
So the amount of vertical space is limited. Currently part of it is taken up by the top bar and part of it by the bottom bar.

Now, you see how the sudden window in that video extends from the side opposite the receptors, right? Imagine that the bottom bar becomes this sudden window when you alter its position. So when you increase sudden, it raises up and covers more of the screen, when you decrease sudden it drops more and more off the bottom of the screen. Implementing sudden this way would let you 'reclaim' the bottom of the screen.

In a similar vein, adjusting hidden could be moving the top up and down to cover the receptors. This won't claim any more vertical space unless you also make it possible to move the receptors up and down on the screen.

By the way, on the velocity engine have you fixed the 'error' where the right arrows are slightly unaligned to the left with respect to the right receptor?

Izzy 11-26-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3352353)
By the way, on the velocity engine have you fixed the 'error' where the right arrows are slightly unaligned to the left with respect to the right receptor?

Patashu 11-27-2010 01:23 AM

that's a yes lol

rushyrulz 11-27-2010 01:27 AM

Left is a little off tho :P

Velocity 11-27-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3352534)
Left is a little off tho :P

His straight line isn't straight, that's all.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-27-2010 01:53 AM

Question: Are these suggestions being done to the Velocity engine or the engine on the site? or both?

bmah 11-27-2010 02:00 AM

The way the first post was made:
Quote:

Use this topic to suggest something on FFR, may it be a new feature in the engine (that haven't been included in my engine)...
suggests to me that the features will probably be implemented into the main FFR game. I hope so, since I can't get any scores recorded on Velocity's engine, and I'm unaware of a standalone version for his engine. [The flash 8 standalone for the main engine is what cut out my lag altogether. Gamebooster hardly even cuts lag for me if I'm playing the game on an internet browser, so I'm hoping these features will apply to the main engine.]

Velocity 11-27-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com (Post 3352542)
Question: Are these suggestions being done to the Velocity engine or the engine on the site? or both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3352544)
The way the first post was made:

suggests to me that the features will probably be implemented into the main FFR game.

I have the source for that engine to, most major work will be added to my engine, as I'm working on the standalone issue. Any minor things will be included in the current engine also.

Maintaining 2 engines will be a problem.

EDIT:
Where can I get a flash 8 standalone, I only have flash 9,10 currently

bmah 11-27-2010 02:12 AM

macromedia flash 8 standalone: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhay5pin2b2wdo2

leonid 11-27-2010 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3352547)
macromedia flash 8 standalone: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhay5pin2b2wdo2

I need this program for mac

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-27-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3352545)
I have the source for that engine to, most major work will be added to my engine, as I'm working on the standalone issue. Any minor things will be included in the current engine also.

Maintaining 2 engines will be a problem.

EDIT:
Where can I get a flash 8 standalone, I only have flash 9,10 currently

Mkay. Also a small countdown till the end of the song in the upper left or right hand corner would be very helpful in my opinion.

Velocity 11-27-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com (Post 3352549)
Mkay. Also a small countdown till the end of the song in the upper left or right hand corner would be very helpful in my opinion.

That's already done, but was switched to % to test it out. But was never switched back, lol.

badman7772 11-27-2010 03:19 AM

How about themes for the main menu? Might be complicated though.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-27-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com (Post 3352549)

lol no

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 3352562)

lol yes!

ce1545 11-27-2010 03:32 AM

Can you fix the life bar? It tends to flash black on the left end when its full.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-27-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ce1545 (Post 3352565)
Can you fix the life bar? It tends to flash black on the left end when its full.

This. It gives off the illusion of getting a boo, which can get pretty irritating. Would fixing something like that require a lot work or just a few touch ups?

Velocity 11-27-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 3352562)

Theme's are about as impossible as you can get. Would require a total engine rewrite and it might not work then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ce1545 (Post 3352565)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3352571)
This. It gives off the illusion of getting a boo, which can get pretty irritating. Would fixing something like that require a lot work or just a few touch ups?

New engine just uploaded, that's fixed along with flash 8-10 standalone support with score saving. Background are fixed now.

nois-or-e 11-27-2010 05:31 AM

I don't see any rank display at the end of songs.

And credit count isn't visible unless you go to the shop.

Velocity 11-27-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3352579)
I don't see any rank display at the end of songs.

And credit count isn't visible unless you go to the shop.

I need to add them back as my engine was originality never designed to be used for official play. Also credit count is useless anywhere unless your in the shop.

Izzy 11-27-2010 11:38 AM

Actually the left arrow is misaligned by less then 5 pixels.

MP3 player 11-27-2010 12:13 PM

What happend to all the cool songs you had in Custom Genre?? Can't you put songs on there so people can try them out before they get on FFR??

Velocity 11-27-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP3 player (Post 3352690)
What happend to all the cool songs you had in Custom Genre?? Can't you put songs on there so people can try them out before they get on FFR??

That playlist was being loading from the other site. Because of permission issues the songs can't be play on the engine on FFR.

Organist 11-27-2010 02:01 PM

Is there any way that the mods could create a code where changing your username were possible? Of course, only usernames that haven't yet been created would be available to switch to.

Or is this harder than it sounds? If not, I'd really like to be able to change my username.

Velocity 11-27-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organist (Post 3352743)
Is there any way that the mods could create a code where changing your username were possible? Of course, only usernames that haven't yet been created would be available to switch to.

Or is this harder than it sounds? If not, I'd really like to be able to change my username.

Most things are stored using your current username and switching is almost impossible at the current moment.

TC_Halogen 11-27-2010 02:27 PM

Fix mirror on your engine, it's been broken for a little while.

Also - your engine doesn't record on standalone just yet, right? It might be smart to put that in the home page, because I assumed that it was recording fully and used a standalone to get my Grand Galop Chromatique AAA found here.

EDIT: never mind - it's recording

EDIT #2: I'm getting some nasty lag spikes when playing on this engine for no apparent reason =[

Velocity 11-27-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352761)
Fix mirror on your engine, it's been broken for a little while.

What's broken with Mirror?
If it's about replays, it's because mirror isn't saved in replays.

wargasm1 11-27-2010 04:06 PM

Can we have clan support on ffr and a tier point bar on profile? Maybe also a top player list by tier points anyone could see.

edit : also most gameplay list fixed xd.

HammyMcSquirrel 11-27-2010 04:22 PM

This was already suggested in a previous thread but no one responded to it.

Having diagonal scroll work in replays would be nice.

Also would make more sense for the player's scroll direction to take priority on an individual basis in a replay instead of it being a selectable option that defaults at whatever selection you've made within the replay itself.

TC_Halogen 11-27-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3352863)
What's broken with Mirror?
If it's about replays, it's because mirror isn't saved in replays.

Mirror isn't actually flipping the charts. Test it yourself by playing Almost There.

Normally, it's

--x-
-x--
--xx

on mirror, it should be

-x--
--x-
xx--

But if we leave it on mirror, it stays normally.

Also, remove the left and right scroll mods.

MP3 player 11-27-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352931)
Also, remove the left and right scroll mods.

Please don't.....

Velocity 11-27-2010 07:37 PM

Fixed Mirror, Removed Left/Right

Edit: Fixed 0:00 - 1:00 time window

Izzy 11-27-2010 07:58 PM

According to your filter, adventure of lolo should not be listed. The song is only 43 seconds long.

nois-or-e 11-27-2010 08:07 PM

engine is completely not working for me now.
Arrows are speeding up randomly and flying past the receptors.

Unless there is a new sa link that I am unaware of?

Velocity 11-27-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3353099)
According to your filter, adventure of lolo should not be listed. The song is only 43 seconds long.

I had the default number wrong. 0:00 - 1:00 option was 60 - 60 seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3353112)
engine is completely not working for me now.
Arrows are speeding up randomly and flying past the receptors.

Unless there is a new sa link that I am unaware of?

Arrows haven't ever been touch.

rushyrulz 11-27-2010 08:38 PM

fix dis

Velocity 11-27-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3353193)
fix dis

I'll spend the night working on MP.

TC_Halogen 11-27-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wargasm1 (Post 3352866)
Can we have clan support on ffr and a tier point bar on profile? Maybe also a top player list by tier points anyone could see.

edit : also most gameplay list fixed xd.

This is automated, isn't it? That would be kinda cool to have as an optional profile bar.

rushyrulz 11-28-2010 04:08 PM

Cool new MP, Velocity :)

Velocity 11-28-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3353715)
Cool new MP, Velocity :)

Thanks I just wish ranks were correct, the game side isn't getting the data from the server correctly. Even though the ranks/class are being assigned, it's just not working correctly.

rushyrulz 11-28-2010 04:11 PM

It seems substantially more laggy to me tho, and I don't think I'm the only one who noticed this. I got like 90 or something crazy on Ketsarku. New gfx cause this perhaps?

Velocity 11-28-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3353720)
It seems substantially more laggy to me tho, and I don't think I'm the only one who noticed this. I got like 90 or something crazy on Ketsarku. New gfx cause this perhaps?

I reduced the amount of graphics. :p
Might because I have most code working correctly. Before it would just fail out and be faster at that.

Velocity 11-28-2010 09:15 PM

New engine update:
- Global Offset
- Filter Difficulties / Length
- Name/Time in score Screen
- Mirror fixed

MP Update:
- Ranks Fixed
- Leaving room "Already in this room" fixed.
- Score ingame Fixed.

TC_Halogen 11-28-2010 09:19 PM

OMG GLOBAL OFFSET YESSSSSSSSSSSSSs

<3

EDIT: Current rank and rank are displaying as the same number.
EDIT: omg an on-sync Necropotence/J'ai Envie/Saddest RMX <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
EDIT: Mirror is still broken for me :(