Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What Are The Best Controls? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148565)

devonin 12-10-2017 08:40 PM

Re: What Are The Best Controls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumaestro (Post 4600716)
Legit curious who still plays index.

Historically over time. We've had some high-end players who play index.

Bearing in mind that literally being D2 puts you in probably the best 10% of all players who've ever played, so even being a d5 or d6 index player makes you one of the best players on the site, even if it's not the best currently still active players.

mikehunter 01-23-2018 05:15 AM

I play with the arrows as well, it seems to me the most convenient option...

rushyrulz 01-23-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikehunter (Post 4606406)
I play with the arrows as well, it seems to me the most convenient option...

you should try to move away from that if at all possible. If you're still playing with 1 hand, switch to two, you will recoup your current skill level remarkably quickly, trust me and don't get stuck in a rut. If you are playing with two hands, try a different key setup with the same shape that you're already used to (like left down, num8, num6) because crowding your hands into the small area of your arrow keys is not very productive.

SK8R43 01-23-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4600711)
That being said, I don't think there's anyone in the top 1000 who plays with one hand.

Not anymore. But i used to be in the top few hundred iirc. same with bynary.
Nothing is wrong with playing with one hand, it just takes way longer to skill boost. I did with spread in months what took me years with one hand. I think i was considered one of the best so it can happen. Just takes more time, more patience and more playing haha

EDIT: It is possible to get ONI one handed, and some of the other harder skill tokens BTW.

Wayward Vagabond 01-23-2018 01:28 PM

Rgko for life

SK8R43 01-23-2018 03:31 PM

Does slanted feel better? I use xcm, and it feels pretty good tbh.

storn42 01-23-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4606429)

Honestly, slanted is probably only better if you are uncomfortable playing without it. I for example, used to play with sd45 for quite a few year. After a while i started to feel like my right hand was getting cramped so i switch to sd48 and titled my keyboard. my hand was in a more natural resting position and, although it felt really weird at first since the keys were more spread out, its much more comfortable and what i continue to play with today.

Tarrik 01-23-2018 04:30 PM

I used to use "z x . /" but have changed over the last year to "K L Down Right" due to destroying the bottom of my keyboard (z to / anyway), anything else feels awkward at this point.

I used to play One hand 3 fingers when i started the game though. One hand can be fun, just like index. Long term improvements and skill though, you'd want spread. Key setup is all about what feels comfortable i guess.

PrawnSkunk 01-23-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrik (Post 4606432)
I used to use "z x . /" but have changed over the last year to "K L Down Right" due to destroying the bottom of my keyboard (z to / anyway), anything else feels awkward at this point.

I used to play One hand 3 fingers when i started the game though. One hand can be fun, just like index. Long term improvements and skill though, you'd want spread. Key setup is all about what feels comfortable i guess.

I used to play zx./

It was alt bait.

Wayward Vagabond 01-23-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4606429)

Concave has always felt better for me. It might have to do with my giant ass hands but I can't play standard setup at all

SK8R43 01-24-2018 04:27 AM

Welll.....i tried concave and its a no go. I cant even.. Like, i literally cant even. My fingers kept moving over and it feels so awkward XD I guess i only did try a few songs but i think imma stick to my normal setup haha

Tarrik 01-24-2018 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4606448)
I used to play zx./

It was alt bait.

Oh yeah, for sure. That's why when you see me stream, i have no alt keycaps. It was from when i was using those keys, and keys near them lol.