Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Multiplayer Suggestion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109537)

TC_Halogen 06-12-2009 01:27 AM

Multiplayer Suggestion

Through my whole time at FFR, I can safely say that I've spent more time in MP than any other parts of the site put together. More often than not, my MP experience has been good and I have no regrets. But there's those other few times, those times where you have that random person who comes in, completely oblivious to the rules because they've never in their life visited [the] forums. Most of the time, these people try to claim ignorance, saying that they don't know or didn't know about the rules of the site (even though they are pretty obvious rules). I know that I'm not the only multiplayer regular who sees this; we all know what it's like to see that person who hits Ctrl+V and Enter as fast as they can, breaking up sometimes meaningful conversations, causing ridiculous amounts of lags, and simply just bringing chaos to a community that is just there to congregate like any other.

What I'm going to suggest here is a simple idea that may help people follow the rules a bit better, if they even care to follow them.

^([4:07 AM] CARLOS (who_cares973) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW)^

My solution: A rules button on the connection screen that leads to Shash's MP Guide. It has all of the rules and answers most if not all questions that newer users have when they first enter Multiplayer.

Scottish/Sprite-: Have each user see a prompt upon entering MP for your first time, requiring you to accept an agreement (which includes the rules) to access the area. This way, all calls of ignorance are completely void because they accepted the agreement.
Addition by me: Have everyone who hasn't seen the prompt before have to accept the agreement, this way everyone who was a member prior to the inclusion of the agreement is not exempt if they break a rule.

A basic rules button on the very first screen would be a nice addition to the game. My thoughts on this were simple: newer members of the game usually jump into FFR by watching their friends, or by searching for some sort of a dance game simulator online. When they get to the homepage of FFR, they aren't really looking for anything else but the game, to try it out. Once they've played it, they become satisfied with the game, and hey, you have a new member. However, the forums are very large for someone who is brand new, and while there is a newbie forum, the size of the forum as a whole is quite intimidating. So what happens? A player jumps right into the game, and joins multiplayer. Nothing wrong with that at all. However, questions don't always get answered by other users in the room because they are busy engaging in their own conversation, or they are away from the room. This can cause frustration to the newer user, who may end up typing in all caps lock, spamming, or even cussing out of desperation to get someone else's attention. Moderators should not have to give more than one warning to a person when a rule is broken, and I feel that if this is added, moderators can be less lenient when it comes to first time offense because it shows that rules have not been read.

TL;DR version: Read the bolded text just after the picture.

reptile3141 06-12-2009 01:34 AM

Re: Multiplayer Suggestion

Cool idea, Halogen. I like it. +1

i love you 06-12-2009 01:35 AM

1+ Support!

I agree with everything you just said Halogen. I personally think that this would make a great feature for FFR and that it will reduce the excuses and the trouble moderators have to go through about people disobeying the rules even if the majority of it is pretty much common sense.

who_cares973 06-12-2009 01:35 AM

i support this idea

not because i made the image and spent two hours making it but because i believe this is a step forward

One Winged Angel 06-12-2009 01:36 AM

+1

Nice idea, AJ

Commandersa1 06-12-2009 01:36 AM

Good suggestion, and very easy to add.

There will still be a lot of people who won't read it, but ask questions and such. On the other hand, it will cut down some of the questions.

TC_Halogen 06-12-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandersa1 (Post 3103579)
Good suggestion, and very easy to add.

There will still be a lot of people who won't read it, but ask questions and such. On the other hand, it will cut down some of the questions.

Not only that, but people who are asked can simply tell those asking to click on the Rules button for all things MP. No need to spend time explaining it while others are talking in MP, because some info can be lost if a person needs to look at their KB while typing, or leave the room, and such.

BabyViperx3 06-12-2009 01:56 AM

+3258845948 support. I'm sick and tired of noobs asking where the rules/faq is.

Sprite- 06-12-2009 02:34 AM

YES YES YES YES
There should also be something that tells them that they must read the rules before entering - just so that they cannot claim ignorance at all.

cedolad 06-12-2009 02:38 AM

+whatever number is bigger than BV's. Great idea, even though I don't hang around MP much, it'll still be easy for some of the new member.

scottish 06-12-2009 02:55 AM

Of course I agree.. except, along with what Sprite said, I think there should be a prompt that states the rules, the user needs to click accept (upon first entering mp for the first time, only once), and viola. It would be much easier to list it out and show it up front than to create a link to the forums, which most people would skip over and say they did not see it when they get banned.
Anyway, +1 too.

Edit: And for further clarification, I'm for the new Rules Button, but I think the Agree and Accept terms crap should be there.

TC_Halogen 06-12-2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottish (Post 3103619)
Of course I agree.. except, along with what Sprite said, I think there should be a prompt that states the rules, the user needs to click accept (upon first entering mp for the first time, only once), and viola. It would be much easier to list it out and show it up front than to create a link to the forums, which most people would skip over and say they did not see it when they get banned.
Anyway, +1 too.

After talking to you about it--yeah, this is a good idea. Hitting that accept button is technically an agreement that you would be bound to, and you wouldn't have any excuse if/when you get banned, because you have to hit that button to access MP. VERY nice idea.

Patashu 06-12-2009 03:23 AM

Terrible idea; I can't see how any of you could possibly think this would benefit FFR.

sike

TC_Halogen 06-12-2009 04:08 AM

New picture: I love Carlos SO much right now.

EDIT: I'd personally like to give who_cares973 a big thank you for spending a bunch of time on these pictures--he put three different pictures out for me and this is by far better than what I would have hoped for.

who_cares973 06-12-2009 04:10 AM

<3

Sprite- 06-12-2009 09:25 AM

Wow that looks amazing - nice dude!

justin_ator 06-12-2009 10:30 AM

Great idea!

NSane 06-12-2009 11:32 AM

Pretty easy to implement. Not a bad idea.

TC_Halogen 06-12-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSane (Post 3103826)
Pretty easy to implement. Not a bad idea.

Sweet, I'm glad that you like it. I honestly thought that this was something that really needed to be done.

Plan_Bsk81127 06-12-2009 01:34 PM

+1 for this idea. :D Maybe it will stop that bullying going on. :P