Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Song suggestions (future stepwars) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151113)

psychoangel691 07-27-2019 03:26 PM

Song suggestions (future stepwars)

I've been dying to do one again and since I'm diving in I may as well go all in. This will not be something that starts right away, at least not until everything is 100% rolling with the tournament, however, I'd like to hear what song suggestions you all have.

Please make sure you're selecting songs that we have permission for. It will greatly reduce the time of us having to filter through and get the ball rolling faster.

hi19hi19 07-27-2019 03:56 PM

Re: Song suggestions (future stepwars)

Searching through my "I wanna be the bmah" folder for some BoF songs that are promising but I have to admit I'll never get around to doing myself:

This seems nice for a competition but sadly we already have the song it's remixing in game. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Excellent song that would be a good display of technical stepping; non-trivial to correctly identify rhythms of the the drums and piano/synth runs. Lots of sounds, so plenty of room for expression in differing layering.
Might just be too fast for this kind of competition. Even an "easy" file to this song would still be pretty hard.

I'm amazed nobody has stepped this for FFR yet. Everyone would do the "interesting" parts of the song differently, I'm sure :)

Just a very steppable song.

J-HARDBASS!? It's a very rhythmically simple song compared to the others on the list but it would be cool to see how peoples' interpretations would differ.
Might just turn into a competition full of JS/broken JS messes though.

blanky 08-6-2019 08:37 PM

XIII Charlotte looks like it'd make an excellent mid-FGO
(wait... is that Crow Solace??)

もぺもぺ wut- really interesting song

GOODBOUNCE might see a unique chart if the jumps are minimized, and then the file becomes pattern/anchormanias

AutotelicBrown 08-6-2019 10:29 PM

Is this the place where I suggest songs from wips that I never bothered finishing :mrgreen:

Mopemope (もぺもぺ) would be hilarious to see but I don't think it's ideal for something like this. From the other suggestions I'd only feel strongly about selecting Scaffold. That being said I had both XIII charlotte and goodrage saved for a potential chart from when I was checking BOFU stuff.

From a quick look at a playlist I made for step apple BOFU songs from '16 and '17:

More than enough room for expression with the amount of variety it has. Also viable for something on the lower end of difficulty.

Piano streams are always nice! Unrelated to LeaF's Chronostasis already in-game.

I might be overestimating it but I think has quite a bit of room for interpretation.

Quote:

non-trivial to correctly identify rhythms of the the drums and piano/synth runs
I don't think that counts as a challenge when you can verify directly on the bms when in doubt.

Quote:

This seems nice for a competition but sadly we already have the song it's remixing in game. Not sure if that makes a difference?
Speaking of which, where is the 88D chart :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanky (Post 4691198)
(wait... is that Crow Solace??)

Yes.

XelNya 08-6-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4689877)
Excellent song that would be a good display of technical stepping; non-trivial to correctly identify rhythms of the the drums and piano/synth runs. Lots of sounds, so plenty of room for expression in differing layering.
Might just be too fast for this kind of competition. Even an "easy" file to this song would still be pretty hard.

This would just be fun to chart, especially trying to make it easier but fun

we actually have permission for this?

Dinglesberry 08-6-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4691245)
This would just be fun to chart, especially trying to make it easier but fun

we actually have permission for this?

based on this http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=168

apparently we have permission for any song that was submitted to BOFU/a BMS related competition

hi19hi19 08-7-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown (Post 4691234)
I don't think that counts as a challenge when you can verify directly on the bms when in doubt.

The amount of times I've tried this only for the bms to be just objectively incorrect makes me pretty cautious.

A great example is the color shit at the end of HAELEQUIN, which was quantized to something like 32nds in the bms.

rayword45 08-7-2019 01:21 PM

do a Machine Girl song I'm waiting for that to be stepped

AutotelicBrown 08-7-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4691331)
The amount of times I've tried this only for the bms to be just objectively incorrect makes me pretty cautious.

A great example is the color shit at the end of HAELEQUIN, which was quantized to something like 32nds in the bms.

I haven't done it much myself aside from some early charts, so I can't say for sure. I know the actual bms charts often simplify a lot of stuff (related to why you can get janky conversions from easier diffs), but the 'root' of the song should have the correct information.