Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Silvuh 11-13-2014 08:41 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Got some more supplemental judgments in last night. Only files still needing some will most likely not be getting SAP, so I can update the spreadsheet now with these numbers. Note that conditionally queued files that did not have fixes sent in have now become resubmissions.

I don't even know if PrawnSkunk ever saw that his file got conditionally queued ... So because of my own lack of communication, I'll still let his file into the queue if he sends it in again soon and doesn't want it to go through the batch again.

VisD 11-13-2014 09:41 AM

Point of clarification: why does being CQ'ed not award SAP? I would think that if the file is fixed within the given CQ window to a satisfactory standard, then SAP should be awarded. Honestly it's all kinda academic since SAP matters about as much as credits, but it's kinda strange.

For instance, if I submit a file that's worth an 8 average (like pisscord in this case), that does not preclude my file from having some obvious objective errors that I might have overlooked (due to tunneling in on the way I think a file should be stepped when there's an obviously better way or whatever). Certainly these objective errors justify some kind of penalty, but that penalty is already levied on the score a judge gives to my file.

Silvuh 11-13-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisD (Post 4231788)
Point of clarification: why does being CQ'ed not award SAP? I would think that if the file is fixed within the given CQ window to a satisfactory standard, then SAP should be awarded. Honestly it's all kinda academic since SAP matters about as much as credits, but it's kinda strange.

That's because these files were not fixed within the CQ window. The CQ files that were fixed (For UltraPlayers, Sanctuary of pantheon, Highway Highway DESTINY, Hello, and Palace of Destruction) all received SAP.

If PISSCORD does get judged again and only gets in the 6.7-7.5 range the next time, I will consider giving it the two SAP it would have received the first time. It would be the nice thing to do, but I'm not sure if that's actually fair. Maybe I'll take the average of the two final ratings and see where that puts it. Four ratings isn't necessarily a representative sample of the whole team, but we don't really have the power to do much more in a timely manner.

VisD 11-13-2014 10:04 PM

Aite that makes a lot more sense thanks for clarify :D

XelNya 11-13-2014 10:19 PM

Are there any updates with the files mentioned here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4214155)
These files:

[Resubmission] They Kiddnapped The Princess
La Tristesse Durera Toujours
Nightfall (Original Mix)

Where skipped or something along that line somehwhere. I've carefully checked the batch review thread like 3 times on at least 3 occasions to be absolutely sure, so something happened to these somewhere.

I can't find the sent e-mail (as lol it deletes itself.) but I am 100% sure I sent it because I sent in the monstercat song (Nightfall) during the time where the credit event was going on. If someone could figure this out if it was never sent or whatever I'd appreciate it.

Trying to figure it out now because they're sitting in my "in batch" folder which I place them there so I know what's been sent recently. I just wanna know if I need to send them another time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 4214193)
Ohh my gosh, wow, I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it! Yeah, you sent an e-mail to regularffrsubmissions on June 1st with Nightfall and They Kidnapped the Princess. Soon after getting access to the e-mail, I went through and labeled everything for the two latest batches, and I totally missed this one somehow, probably because the e-mail contained files that weren't in the batch, and I didn't stop to think, "Oh wait, maybe they should be!"

I'm going to start keeping a record of all the dates for when the e-mails are open for different things, and that should help in keeping things like this from happening.

However, I'm not seeing an e-mail with La Tristesse Durera Toujours in it; the next e-mail from you I see was sent on September 4th. If maybe you sent it to the wrong address or something, you can forward that sent e-mail to here. If it was originally sent during the right time period, I can let it be judged with this batch. But for now, I will make sure that your other two files get to the judges.

Sorry I still haven't posted ratings. When going through the notes for accepted files, I keep getting stuck on my own files, feeling like I need to make all the fixes then and there. It's been more difficult than usual this time, and I shouldn't have let myself get sidetracked like that. (Also, I've been working on a number of other things and need to get back to doing this, sorry.)

I mean the La Triste sent e-mail I never found so I'm cool sending that in another batch, it's more the other two I'm curious about. Thanks :D

Silvuh 11-13-2014 10:33 PM

Because of the limited activity between batch judgments, I did end up putting Nightfall (Original Mix) and They Kidnapped the Princess (and the other four files that had been skipped over) in with the July/August batch. Sorry for not mentioning that in here earlier.

XelNya 11-13-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 4232170)
Because of the limited activity between batch judgments, I did end up putting Nightfall (Original Mix) and They Kidnapped the Princess (and the other four files that had been skipped over) in with the July/August batch. Sorry for not mentioning that in here earlier.

I'm happy to hear it :D Thanks

M0nkeyz 11-14-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 4232170)

is that batch being judged atm? or hasn't judging started yet?

SKG_Scintill 11-17-2014 02:43 PM

so quiet

choof 11-17-2014 03:57 PM

Go ahead and pull odd22, having the judges play it would just be a waste of time.

DossarLX ODI 11-17-2014 04:37 PM

For the record: Judging for the July/August Batch started yesterday.

Gradiant 11-17-2014 04:41 PM

At the risk of sounding like a dick:
Could we maybe get a different sort of system in place so that we're not just now starting getting ratings for an almost 3 month old batch?

Charu 11-17-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4233727)
Could we maybe get a different sort of system in place so that we're not just now starting getting ratings for an almost 3 month old batch?

Osu system~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

African Anger 11-17-2014 05:08 PM

add african anger on osu! thanks guys

bmah 11-17-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4233727)

Although I'm also complaining about the long wait, please consider that there was a transition from handing the game management from AJ to Silvuh and Dossar. A rocky start certainly affected the efficiency of the system; it is not the infrastructure of the system itself that's the issue. Recall that a lot of changes have already occurred to the judging infrastructure over the past year - not to mention a few more additions that Silvuh has implemented. It'll take some time, but I hope we can catch up quickly.

Charu 11-17-2014 06:26 PM

Well if you guys need any help, y'know, wink wink, squirm squirm, CHARU.

FFR Pro 21 11-17-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OP (Post 3393299)
Code:

-Nov15-
Hajnal v2 (FFR Pro 21)

This should say "Hajnal 2 (FFR Pro 21)".

Gradiant 11-17-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4233791)
Although I'm also complaining about the long wait, please consider that there was a transition from handing the game management from AJ to Silvuh and Dossar. A rocky start certainly affected the efficiency of the system; it is not the infrastructure of the system itself that's the issue. Recall that a lot of changes have already occurred to the judging infrastructure over the past year - not to mention a few more additions that Silvuh has implemented. It'll take some time, but I hope we can catch up quickly.

Understandable, but theres always several people willing to help out shown by charus post, yet rather than ask for a bit of help to keep up during/after transition, it falls behind and people say 'oops sorry' and pick back up again just to fall behind again. It seems to happen this way every couple batches and itd just be great to have it picked back up and stay that way rather than beng 2 batches late every other batch.

Silvuh 11-17-2014 07:33 PM

There have been discussions on here about the pros and cons of different systems, and ... I don't really remember the arguments, but it does seem like the batch system is just what works for us. "Works" relatively better, anyway.

Like, when we realized that some of the May/June files had been skipped over, I uploaded them and posted in the forum and the chat about getting extra judgments, and after a while, only one other judge had stepped up to look at them.

And you all saw how it was over a month between posting May/June's initial and final results because of the passed files. When there's a group of files that no one's assigned to look at and there's no schedule, things just don't get done. And I feel like it'd just keep being like that if we tried a "judge when you want to" system.

Yeah ... No one's happy that it took this long to start judging the July/August stuff. The original date for completing May/June judgments was the last day of August. Then that September happened ...

I opened signups for judging the July/August batch around the end of September. I didn't expect to start judging right away, because the May/June stuff still wasn't totally settled. But I also didn't expect it to take six weeks for eight judges to sign up. And not every judge offered to look at two sets, so we don't actually have every set covered right now. I released two sets for judging on Friday so each judge would be looking at one set.

And now you're probably thinking, "Why didn't you just release half the batch the moment eight slots were filled?" And ... I honestly have no idea, and I'm hitting myself about that now. I don't know. It's not something we've done before that I remember, so I just wan't thinking about it. I'm sorry. I should have thought of doing that sooner. But we'll be doing that from now on.

On another note ... as part of minimizing passed files, we've started collecting hard files into fewer sets, so judges who prefer not to judge hard files can be assigned sets without them.

We're also going to start doing weekly check-ins now. This should help with accountability.

We've also been working on a more robust judge application process. We know we need more help, but we need to make sure that help is qualified.

Charu 11-17-2014 08:00 PM

How to be qualified?