Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Time-travel-sex with jailbait-me (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146758)

Arch0wl 02-21-2017 02:47 PM

Time-travel-sex with jailbait-me

17 years old is the age of consent in Texas, where I live.

I have always thought it would be hot to have sex with myself from the future. I thought this when I was 16, and I think so now too.

If I, as an adult, time traveled to have sex with myself at age 16, is this:

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?

The question that I think underlies the previous three questions: am I the same entity, or am I a separate entity?

If I am the same entity, I think it would be masturbation. However, if I were a separate entity, I would need to consent to sex with myself, which seems bizarre.

But in some scenarios it's not bizarre. It's doubtful that anyone would agree that 5-year-old-me would be able to consent to sex with 25-year-old me, so there ARE possibilities where I could not consent to sex with myself.

Of course, since I know myself, I know when I could have consented to sex too. I'd say this was 13-15, and indeed this was about when I first had sex. So would the consent fall on me to accurately pick a time period where I knew I could consent?

I don't think this is an easy issue.

rushyrulz 02-21-2017 03:01 PM

Re: Time-travel-sex with jailbait-me

A question that comes to mind is:
"I wonder what they are thinking right now..."

Even if you were having sex with a carbon copy clone of yourself, it would still be a separate entity, since clone you would have different thoughts and perceptions of the event, based on what is happening.

pedophilia is kind of off the table unless you wanna screw your 11 year old self.
statutory rape? probably, but knowing that 16-yo self wanted to screw his future self, it's mainly just a technicality. Also, who knows if you would have actually acted on it back then. Dreaming is a lot easier than acting on dreams.
masturbation? no, read above.

Arch0wl 02-21-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Also, who knows if you would have actually acted on it back then
presumably, the time-traveler, unless their memory is just horrible

devonin 02-21-2017 05:04 PM

1/ Pedophilia - It Depends.

Pedophilia is often conflated in people's minds as being the same thing as having sex with a minor. Pedophilia is the state of being attracted sexually to children. There are probably many pedophiles in the world who've never once had sex with a kid. Likewise, there are probably a good number of people who either would just have sex with anybody who'd let them, or who assumed minors were older based on faulty information etc, who've had sex with minors without actually being specifically sexually attracted to children. So the fact that you've thought sexually about minor-you would be an argument for pedophilia, but if that attraction is just for minor-you and not minors in general, probably not.

2/ Statutory Rape - Definitionally yes

The whole point of statutory rape as a kind of charge is that consent is irrelevant because the state has deemed you too young to give consent no matter how sure you are.

So yes it would be statutory rape. Whether it would be -actual- rape is where the question becomes muddier. Your recollection of when you fully understood the potential risks and consequences of having sex may not be accurate, we tend to give younger us more credit than they probably deserved. And having -had- sex at that age doesn't automatically confer the ability to state you at that age could give fully informed consent. So Statutory rape yes, actual rape...maybe.

3/ Masturbation - Definitely not masturbation

Another separate entity from you, regardless of your being genetically identical is not you. The bounds of space-time make them not you.

blanky! 02-21-2017 10:11 PM

Abortion, predestination, communion... I don't think that there's a clear answer to this, but I guess it'd be cool to see everyone's opinions and come to a sorta-consensus

TheSaxRunner05 02-21-2017 10:56 PM

What if a woman had a sex change in the future, got hitched with her own real semen, then went back in time and impregnated herself? Would she be both the mother and father? Would there be a court case to determine custody if he/she had a falling out with himself/herself? Would the child have severe genetic defects like incestual children?

Cavernio 02-22-2017 01:52 PM

separate entity but like, the scenario's based on time travel fallacy so like, nothing actually applies. But if you had a separate body there would be 2 separate people, if the time travel didn't give you a separate body then your fantasy still wouldn't happen.

I guess there's the argument that no one is entirely a separate entity from anyone else, but that's like, not really the scope of this whatsoever.

If reverse time travel were possible in the way you presented it, the past (ie: now) would know about it because the future would have undoubtably travelled back in time already to as many infinite points as it could have if time is itself infinite, but this is also an aside.

Keeping CT alive with the important questions in life.

r x_X 02-22-2017 07:11 PM

It would be masturbation. This whole thread is thought-masturbation.

Ksl33zy24 02-23-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4524357)
What if a woman had a sex change in the future, got hitched with her own real semen, then went back in time and impregnated herself? Would she be both the mother and father? Would there be a court case to determine custody if he/she had a falling out with himself/herself? Would the child have severe genetic defects like incestual children?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/synopsis

choof 07-18-2017 08:29 AM

not gonna touch on the sex but I will touch on the time travel aspect. if you do end up time traveling back to the past and have sex with yourself, regardless of the consequences, would this be in this universe or another universe? if you never had sex with older-arch when you were younger, then I will assume one of two things: either you will never have a chance to go back in time and fuck yourself in this universe (the reason for this doesn't really matter). OR you will have a chance to do so, but because you don't have this memory, you actually fucked yourself from a different universe. I believe this would be two consenting parties and would be legally fine.

rushyrulz 07-18-2017 11:11 AM

On next week's episode of The Flash...

xVaLoRx 07-18-2017 07:25 PM

damn r u freaky

DaBackpack 07-18-2017 07:31 PM

you should try it and let us know

valentineSM 09-2-2017 03:09 AM

no to all 3

you should do it

0 09-3-2017 02:51 PM

it'd be selfcest
since you and your other self would be 100% identical by blood you could say it's just the purest form of incest
main difference from masturbation is that since there are two of you in the same point in time acting independently of each other, you and your other self have no control over what both selves are doing at any given point in time
compared to, say, having sex with yourself using portals or something like that

Funnygurl555 09-3-2017 05:33 PM

sometimes i wonder this too, but then i look in the mirror and into my soul and i think, "wow wouldn't i hate to be around someone who's just like me."