Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

kommisar 06-13-2011 08:51 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3484669)
I don't really think -- should even exist, it's like a huge slap in the face, especially to new steppers.

with smu maybe this will never happen!

OneHandNow 06-13-2011 09:56 PM

Well, 2 out of my 3 files that I submitted ended up with ? and - ratings this batch.

And it was my first submission ever (first time stepping) - and it wasn't discouraging at all.

I saw how my file was and saw how much more fun other files were (for example, a fun song on FFR by my opinion) and then I realized I deserved the ratings I got.. because my files weren't good enough.

People don't take ratings too seriously, so don't worry about it everyone :)

Rebirth0 06-17-2011 03:39 PM

I'm wondering, just for shits. What is my submission cap? lmao

I've always pooped like 10 files at a time onto this game, and I'm not far off of that number right now.

woker-X 06-17-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3488632)
I'm wondering, just for shits. What is my submission cap? lmao

I've always pooped like 10 files at a time onto this game, and I'm not far off of that number right now.

you can only submit 2 files for next batch... when it opens lol

[Submission Cap = 2]
Arch0wl - 9(10)

qqwref 06-17-2011 05:36 PM

At the very least, we should really add a minimum submission cap to the Simfile Artist Points system. (And it should be 2, the same as when you have 0 points.) We shouldn't permanently penalize people for not understanding that you don't submit your first file to FFR. And I say permanently because, honestly, if you just started stepping and you are already given a file cap of 1, how likely is it that you will get a file accepted into the game?

Also, I'd like to see a maximum submission cap - 5 would be nice. No offense to Silvuh, but even if someone has great charts, it still doesn't mean I want to see a large fraction of all released files be made by them. Variety is awesome.

MaxGhost 06-17-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3488697)
At the very least, we should really add a minimum submission cap to the Simfile Artist Points system. (And it should be 2, the same as when you have 0 points.) We shouldn't permanently penalize people for not understanding that you don't submit your first file to FFR. And I say permanently because, honestly, if you just started stepping and you are already given a file cap of 1, how likely is it that you will get a file accepted into the game?

Also, I'd like to see a maximum submission cap - 5 would be nice. No offense to Silvuh, but even if someone has great charts, it still doesn't mean I want to see a large fraction of all released files be made by them. Variety is awesome.

Yeah I kinda agree. The system should encourage more submissions by new stepartists and less (but not less than new stepartists) from pros.

OneHandNow 06-17-2011 06:19 PM

Take it from me, who got 6/20, 7/20, and a 19/20 for my first submissions ever..

If the submission cap was just 2, I would've gone home crying with 6/20 and 7/20!

iironiic 06-17-2011 06:20 PM

I agree with qqwref's post.

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before but I think we should also rid the [--] rating, because getting that is somewhat discouraging and may prevent people to step more for the future. Besides, a [-] pretty much sums up a [--] rating imo. I'd rather be positive with the feedback and simultaneously be aware of my errors in the files.

who_cares973 06-17-2011 06:20 PM

get new stepartist to submit to ffr. so far only people directed here and people who actively look for this place know about it. anyone else who steps files is just left out in the fog with no idea how anything is done behind the scenes

also support the submission cap of 5

Rebirth0 06-17-2011 06:21 PM

self declared submission cap at 5 then. or 7 to one up silvuh, based on public support

kommisar 06-17-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3488720)
self declared submission cap at 5 then. or 7 to one up silvuh, based on public support

the rule was, from when the batches re-started, everyone starts at 2. climb your way back up like erryone else sunshine

Wineandbread 06-17-2011 08:14 PM

Rebirth outta nowhere wat

OneHandNow 06-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3488761)
Rebirth outta nowhere wat

Then I just guess he..

rebirthed.

8-)

megamon88 06-17-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onehandnow (Post 3488788)
then i just guess he..

Rebirthed.

8-)

YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: stupid caps filter

leonid 06-18-2011 08:48 PM

Drop subconsciousness from easy batch conditional queue
I'm just going to re-send my all three easy batch entries to the new song artist batch
(They are all composed by the same person)

Ziergdsx18 06-18-2011 08:50 PM

Just save the other 2.for the hard batch.

jimerax 06-20-2011 09:38 AM

updated queue/conditional queue status.

robertsona 07-3-2011 02:31 PM

such an oblivious question but: when does the queue next open, i have a single really easy file of my own music that id like to send

kommisar 07-5-2011 08:32 PM

I think the next batch is a hard file batch, but I assume there will be a regular batch soon in which you can submit anything. Especially since your song would be a "new artist" song it's probably getting you brownie points.

MarioNintendo 07-5-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3498390)
I think the next batch is a hard file batch, but I assume there will be a regular batch soon in which you can submit anything. Especially since your song would be a "new artist" song it's probably getting you brownie points.

lol Atomic Betty
According to this post from Kayla, it was supposed to be New Artists Batch, Hard Charts Batch and Regular Batch.

Did they really change the planning, or are you simply drunk, kommi? :P