Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

psychoangel691 01-30-2011 08:35 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

I don't see why people care whether or not judges do it on the first day or the last day. It's been said the notes wouldn't go up until the deadline anyway. So really as long as the judge gets it in by the deadline they aren't holding anything up are they?

Plus everyone's in such a rush but all that's going to happen if dates are shortened is there's going to be more files sitting in queue. It's not going to put them in game any faster >.>

iironiic 01-30-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3408521)
I don't see why people care whether or not judges do it on the first day or the last day. It's been said the notes wouldn't go up until the deadline anyway. So really as long as the judge gets it in by the deadline they aren't holding anything up are they?

Plus everyone's in such a rush but all that's going to happen if dates are shortened is there's going to be more files sitting in queue. It's not going to put them in game any faster >.>

Lol basically what I was going to say. Thanks for nailing it straight to the point xD

DossarLX ODI 01-30-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Hmmmm.... then maybe consider qqwref's posts about what to do with the files? And Plan B? Their posts got drowned out like nobody listened.

cedolad 01-30-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

I was just trying to prove a point. I don't care.

jimerax 01-30-2011 08:40 PM

After the next batch, I'll close the "regular" batch for a while.

If you have songs that you want to step, finish and submit them to the next batch.

psychoangel691 01-30-2011 08:42 PM

People need to learn to have a little patience. At least there are new files going in game. How often did we see anything before the newvember event they held before the site went down? There was nothing going into game at all. Now it's been weekly.

I've seen tons of suggestions at this point and I don't remember them all. I know there's been a lot of people saying skill tokens but personally I don't like skill tokens so I'm not going to advocate that. I hate that some songs are not available to all users just because they can't anti pa or something. Which I'm one of those users it's like I've trained myself to hit perfects now I have to go and get goods/aves intentionally. I can't do it personally and there are plenty of songs I'd love to play but can't get the token for.

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 08:42 PM

Hey guys, let me set the deadline.

24 hours. Go. (I've done that for all the batches so far, lmfao)

Plan_Bsk81127 01-30-2011 08:45 PM

The whole batch process is just plain lol.

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 08:51 PM

The process is actually better than it has been in quite some time. It's the people who are extremely impatient and are expecting the judges to be done in the snap of a finger that are "lol", as you say.

EDIT: It's also even funnier that people are constantly rushing a date that has been posted multiple times, saying ETA ETA ETA ETA ETA ETA, etc. If there wasn't an ETA, JX wouldn't have posted a date. There's a deadline for a reason.

leonid 01-30-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3408503)
New batch experiment: 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks

See how many judges still do things last minute ?_?

You would want to make it seven weeks instead of three in order to see the effect.

But yeah have some patience

iironiic 01-30-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3408547)
You would want to make it seven weeks instead of three in order to see the effect.

But yeah have some patience

This is a legitimate experiment to test people's patience 8)

i love you 01-30-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

I didn't realize this, my apologies.

PS: Looks like I'm going to do things at the last minute for now on! :D

cedolad 01-30-2011 08:58 PM

Glad to see my point came across.

DossarLX ODI 01-30-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3408553)

This

jimerax 01-30-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3408503)
New batch experiment: 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks

Maybe it will reduce the possibility that judges forget about their task, and it's the only merit I can see in it.

cedolad 01-30-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3408569)
Maybe it will reduce the possibility that judges forget about their task, and it's the only merit I can see in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3408553)

:rolleyes:

Patashu 01-30-2011 09:18 PM

you don't need 3 weeks to judge all the files really
2 weeks maximum imo

Niala 01-30-2011 09:21 PM

I just want to point something out:
For the judges this is just another batch of songs, but for people like me who are waiting to maybe get their first song ingame it's a pretty big deal. While what you all say about having some patience is true, people naturally get excited and want to see the results on their files, particularly newcomers. I don't think it's so much that people are expecting you to "FINISH FASTER!!!" but that we're anticipating good results (because I doubt you'd send a file to the batch if you didn't expect the judges to like it,) and want to see what they are. Patience is one thing, but it takes some pretty strong determination to not express your excitement.

Plan_Bsk81127 01-30-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3408545)
The process is actually better than it has been in quite some time. It's the people who are extremely impatient and are expecting the judges to be done in the snap of a finger that are "lol", as you say.

EDIT: It's also even funnier that people are constantly rushing a date that has been posted multiple times, saying ETA ETA ETA ETA ETA ETA, etc. If there wasn't an ETA, JX wouldn't have posted a date. There's a deadline for a reason.

lol, I have my reasons why I think this way but no point in defending myself, not like its going to change anything. XD

Edit: Ill mention one benefit of making the notes due earlier, it could help out not having resubmissions overlap into the next batch and have people judge the normal batch and resubmissions. Sure it isnt a lot of files to deal with, but I think it should all be dealt with at one time. Shorten the notes due date, let people see them and get things corrected and resubmitted for a second look before the next batch opens up.

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 09:35 PM

Gonna try to squeeze in two charts for the next batch...I've got Molto Vivace v2 being worked on, and I started my chart for Cest What (by Terminal11) -- gonna try to me get a REAL 12 in game. :twisted: