Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Years Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121662)

Ksl33zy24 01-1-2012 05:06 PM

Re: New Years Tournament!

jprox445 01-1-2012 05:15 PM

k when is justin updating this? i'd like to know my position in my divion soon pwz :3

hXcalltheway 01-1-2012 05:38 PM

.275 higher than usual speed mod..hopefully improving this soon.

salinas0990 01-1-2012 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright Imma get the AAA very soon.
Attachment 27507

_Zenith_ 01-1-2012 06:15 PM

Won't do good this round, I can't do jacks right :[ Trying D5 song pl0x

EDIT~ Nvm, I don't have that song O.O

hXcalltheway 01-1-2012 06:20 PM

Either this (usual speedmod) or my last posts score, whichever comes out to give me the most points in the end :-P

_Zenith_ 01-1-2012 06:26 PM

Will you accept Replays? And Could I play for fun in D6?

Edit ~ It may be possible we might need a switch.

MagicCarpetRide 01-1-2012 06:50 PM

Hopefully this is good enough

_Zenith_ 01-1-2012 07:21 PM

4th(I think) Try

megamon88 01-1-2012 09:14 PM

Too lazy to try another speedmod right now, maybe later.

reuben_tate 01-1-2012 10:15 PM

I was hoping I would never have to touch this song again. For now...

_Zenith_ 01-1-2012 10:23 PM

:[ You all have Adobe Flash player but I don't because I'm on a mac :[
Tip : I found it easier to turn off accuracy and combo (I keep combo on in the Beta engine) so I get less distracted, also you shouldn't put your mind on trying to do good, it just happens.

WSCB 01-1-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 3604024)
:[ You all have Adobe Flash player but I don't because I'm on a mac :[
Tip : I found it easier to turn off accuracy and combo (I keep combo on in the Beta engine) so I get less distracted, also you shouldn't put your mind on trying to do good, it just happens.

We're both dealing with the same thing right now, but I still think my mac holds up pretty well with clearing the cache and refreshing the browser.
With that said, time to get back into this game if it's still possible! :]

justin_ator 01-1-2012 11:19 PM

Update coming. Haven't been at a comp all day

_Zenith_ 01-1-2012 11:32 PM

@WSCB My mac works just fine :] It just gives me the extra focus, I wouldn't mind a mac version of the Standalone player :P

Edit ~ I won't do any speedmod changes, It just doesn't seem right.

rusty_spoons 01-1-2012 11:44 PM

All right here goes this

Bobogoobo 01-1-2012 11:49 PM

Just for fun; I don't feel like figuring out if this is better or not. Probably not going to bother with it in the future :P

Poison- 01-1-2012 11:59 PM

8-0-0-1 on this laggy laptop. I know I can AAA it but I need my computer back :(

justin_ator 01-2-2012 12:03 AM

Okay, this post is kinda long since I had to address a lot of stuff. Please do read it.

Speedmod changes are going to be limited. I've thought about it and for the most part, people will be getting reasonable scores and gaining bonuses close to their speedmod, since it makes more sense. The new maximum is going to be +1.0 (20 .05 intervals still) and -1.3 (26 .05 intervals still). (It is slightly larger for going down, but not by much, because of the .3 multiplier for playing on slower speedmods. This is due to [as stated before] most people playing on or near the maximum that they are comfortable with, making moving up harder and down easier.)

Overflow points/AAA Scores:
This tournament is 100% Raw scoring based. If you get above the AAA raw score value, you will carry part of that into the next round as a bonus. I'll give a rundown of that again when I see a score that has it, so it's easier to explain.

Entering lower speedmods on the spreadsheet:
Since the spreadsheet is set up a certain way, it takes one speedmod minus the other. Reverse the Original and Used when you input slower speedmods. I should have mentioned this earlier but it slipped out of mind, my apologies.

Thank you wildfireskunk for adressing popsicle_3000's question.

Pertaining to yo man im awesome's comment about "playing for fun" players:
Those are not included in the number of people below the elimination line, so if you are below, you ARE getting eliminated. Otherwise, what he said is correct. You have to beat the next closest real score, excluding the yellow users. They can't eliminate you, so if a yellow player ties you across the elimination line, you'll be safe.

Altivu hang in there for now in D2, we'll see closer to the end of the round whether you need to be moved down.

Middie, lmao don't use the speedmod thing if you don't like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 3603870)
Will you accept Replays? And Could I play for fun in D6?

Edit ~ It may be possible we might need a switch.

I'd rather not do replays and stick with screenshots, as it provides me all the info I need in one image. Also, yes you can play for fun in D6 (...?). Also, what do you mean by a switch??

I am beginning to update scores now, this will take a little bit of time so please be patient :3

Also guys and gals, this is a tournament on a competitive game...have some honor and don't cheat by playing replays or videos to still read higher speedmods while playing...all you're doing is ruining this for yourself.

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-2-2012 12:22 AM

God help the next ass hole host(s) who picks Xanderax...

I NEVER want to play this again.