Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Misc. progress thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137637)

Arch0wl 06-16-2014 08:10 PM

Misc. progress thread

A useful part of the fitness thread was the ability to mention minor accomplishments and strategize about routines, not necessarily with pictures. I think that'd be helpful to have here.

SCWolf 06-24-2014 08:55 PM

Re: Misc. progress thread

The other day I benched 210 for 9 reps, which is an all time PR. Bench has been feeling much more comfortable lately.

Tonight I hit 140lbs incline for 5x10, which is also a PR.

Nyokou 06-26-2014 08:09 AM

Was challenged by a friend to average 3.3mph on treadmill in a 1hr session and finally reached it about 2 weeks ago. Getting close to 3.4 now.

Also had a hard time using elliptical machine for more than 10-15 min but can easily go for 30-45 min now at a higher inclination + resistance than before.

Reach 06-26-2014 09:08 AM

Hit 240 for 5 on bench last night for a PR; going for 245 on Saturday. Really hoping to hit it.

Goal is to hit a 315 1 RM by next summer. Has been a goal of mine for a long time :)

It's funny though, that's a really good bench Chris but that incline? Damn man.

I can still incline 205 for 8 to chest. I really like incline bench XD

NorthStrong 06-26-2014 10:38 AM

Gonna squat over 4 this weekend which should be cool.

Reach how long you been lifting for mayne?

.Gazelle. 06-26-2014 11:11 AM

trying to get my bench up, started lifting about a month or so ago. Bench is at about 105 right now, want to get to around 135. Also want to get squat from 225 to 250

Reach 06-26-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthStrong (Post 4156359)
Gonna squat over 4 this weekend which should be cool.

Reach how long you been lifting for mayne?

2.5 years

I've never really trained for strength though, at least in the sense that I've been running a split the entire time and usually do high reps. I just progressively overload whenever possible because I want to be big.

But I want that 3 plate bench!

I'd like to deadlift 500 lbs too, but I'm not pushing for that. That will happen...whenever it happens. I can't risk injuring my back where I work, so deadlift just isn't something I'm pushing right now. I'm pulling 375-385 for 5 or so and I'm pretty comfortable there, just moving up whenever.

Finally overcoming my hip injury though, now that they've healed I'm squatting again, which is nice. Might set some goals there in the near future.

TC_Halogen 06-26-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyokou (Post 4156310)
Was challenged by a friend to average 3.3mph on treadmill in a 1hr session and finally reached it about 2 weeks ago. Getting close to 3.4 now.

Also had a hard time using elliptical machine for more than 10-15 min but can easily go for 30-45 min now at a higher inclination + resistance than before.

hey! someone who's not insane to me in regards to fitness, haha

I actually challenged myself to do the hill preset on the tread for 15 min at 5.5 MPH; managed to make it all the way through and complete the cooldown on my third session attempt. Going to gradually increase the distance (heading there tomorrow, gonna give 17 minutes an attempt at 5.5 + 3 minute cooldown for a 20 minute shot -- my long term goal is to do one full hour at that speed, or 57 + 3).

Xiz 06-26-2014 02:56 PM

3 days from now will mark the day when I finish my first round of p90x. Hype~

NorthStrong 06-26-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4156452)
2.5 years

I've never really trained for strength though, at least in the sense that I've been running a split the entire time and usually do high reps. I just progressively overload whenever possible because I want to be big.

But I want that 3 plate bench!

I'd like to deadlift 500 lbs too, but I'm not pushing for that. That will happen...whenever it happens. I can't risk injuring my back where I work, so deadlift just isn't something I'm pushing right now. I'm pulling 375-385 for 5 or so and I'm pretty comfortable there, just moving up whenever.

Finally overcoming my hip injury though, now that they've healed I'm squatting again, which is nice. Might set some goals there in the near future.

Ahh right on! Well, regardless of rep range progressively overloading / lifting weights in general is really strength training.

Yeah a 3 plate bench is something I wanna hit as well, probably will happen at a meet next year some time for me.

Alioth 06-26-2014 09:52 PM

I was able to lose five pounds this week. I am striving to become a Thai Boxer (like...able to participate in K1 and other big Thai Boxing bouts) not only because I do have a lot of experience in the sport, but...I want to prove to myself that I can get over my grudges, enemies, and most of all...my demons.

Right now I weigh 295 lbs. I'm looking to get to 185 - 205 lbs in order to start fighting for my gym.

Nyokou 06-27-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4156506)
hey! someone who's not insane to me in regards to fitness, haha

I actually challenged myself to do the hill preset on the tread for 15 min at 5.5 MPH; managed to make it all the way through and complete the cooldown on my third session attempt. Going to gradually increase the distance (heading there tomorrow, gonna give 17 minutes an attempt at 5.5 + 3 minute cooldown for a 20 minute shot -- my long term goal is to do one full hour at that speed, or 57 + 3).

Hahaha yeah I'm just kinda doing my own thing. Started off as physical therapy for my messed up knees but turned into the pursuit of a more fitter, healthier lifestyle. Have a long way to go though.

I find the inclination on treadmills to be a bit weird, I'd rather go walking outside since it's so hilly here in VA anyways.

5.5 seems like such a far off thing for me. I'll get there too eventually. I usually do 55min + 5min cooldown tho~

SCWolf 06-27-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4156323)
Hit 240 for 5 on bench last night for a PR; going for 245 on Saturday. Really hoping to hit it.

Goal is to hit a 315 1 RM by next summer. Has been a goal of mine for a long time :)

It's funny though, that's a really good bench Chris but that incline? Damn man.

I can still incline 205 for 8 to chest. I really like incline bench XD

Sounds like you're getting the hang of it, which is cool. In which case your numbers are going to go up pretty quickly on the bench.

My best for incline bench is 205 for 2 or 3 I can't remember exactly. Always to chest.

TC_Halogen 06-29-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyokou (Post 4156918)
Hahaha yeah I'm just kinda doing my own thing. Started off as physical therapy for my messed up knees but turned into the pursuit of a more fitter, healthier lifestyle. Have a long way to go though.

I find the inclination on treadmills to be a bit weird, I'd rather go walking outside since it's so hilly here in VA anyways.

5.5 seems like such a far off thing for me. I'll get there too eventually. I usually do 55min + 5min cooldown tho~

Little by little, for sure. 5.5 is quite a bit tougher because you're forced to do a reasonable jogging pace.

I went to the fitness center of my complex at like 1 AM last night, and did the same 5.5 MPH + inclines, and held it for 20 + 3 with surprisingly little issue; I was in a pretty good mood last night after that happened, haha.

Nyokou 06-29-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4158214)
Little by little, for sure. 5.5 is quite a bit tougher because you're forced to do a reasonable jogging pace.

I went to the fitness center of my complex at like 1 AM last night, and did the same 5.5 MPH + inclines, and held it for 20 + 3 with surprisingly little issue; I was in a pretty good mood last night after that happened, haha.

Oh nice! :D Yeah, it feels great when you accomplish something haha. Makes you want to keep on going, well, for me at least. But then I realize my legs are all wiggly haha.

SCWolf 06-29-2014 07:16 PM

Just hit 180lbs for 10 on the incline bench. Puts my one rep max at an estimated 240lbs. Currently weighing in at 156lbs.

Mahou 07-1-2014 12:52 AM

I bought performance insoles and it got rid of the really bad pain I had in my quadriceps. I had a few 7 mile runs just to be sure that the problem was alleviated. I'm back in business.

I would definitely recommend taking this route to any runner if they're having ankle/hamstring/quad problems.

Nyokou 07-6-2014 12:38 PM

50 lbs total lost milestone yass

I'll be under 200 by sometime next month most likely, finally

Bluearrowll 07-6-2014 01:00 PM

I wouldn't really consider myself as someone who's fit relative to other people in this forum, but I did walk 13.2km yesterday which was a pretty nice number :)

ExacerbatE 07-6-2014 06:22 PM

My fitness levels are as bad as my fiffer scores, but I can say that my deadlift is outstanding at 550 x 3. I haven't actually done any benching, etc. in a long while. I should get back into it!