Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Stepmania Song Search! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122365)

qqwref 01-28-2012 08:48 PM

Stepmania Song Search!

Team Indeed Presents...
Stepmania Song Search!
http://indeedengine.com/packs/

If you've ever wondered where you can find a particular chart, this is the site you'll wish you had. We already have over 70 packs in our database, and we're adding more and more, so you can easily search for a song title, artist, or stepartist and get some great info right at your fingertips.

Incidentally, this isn't a download site - there are no actual songs or packs there. It's just for searching, so if you actually want a pack, you'll have to look somewhere else.

PS: Adding packs takes some time, but it's not all that hard. I've got a form set up so you can just enter in some data and it will get put into our database (although it won't show up right away since we have to OK the entry first). If you wanna help out with this, let me know :) It would also be helpful to upload some packs without the mp3 files included, to save us some time downloading.

i love you 01-28-2012 09:13 PM

Re: Stepmania Song Search!

This new feature is something that I recommend a lot of people to check out. It is really something that no one has ever done before (at least from what I have seen). Think of how much time you can save when searching for that one simfile you were looking for? It is a lot faster then searching for it through your stepmania songs folder! This is something I highly recommend for you guys to try. It is pretty neato :3

PS: It would also be nice if you guys could help us find any type of bugs with this as well.

Emithith 01-28-2012 09:14 PM

I was going to be a douche and say "Isn't that what v^v^v is for?"

but this looks very useful!

i love you 01-28-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3626379)
I was going to be a douche and say "Isn't that what v^v^v is for?"

What is v^v^v? o_0

Sorry, I never really knew what that meant lmao

Emithith 01-28-2012 09:18 PM

Song sort?
Or it could be Shuffle Mod..
(Title, BPM, Prefered, Group, etc.)

edit: @qq, I know, that's the joke.

qqwref 01-28-2012 09:19 PM

Song sort only works if you already *have* the song.

And there are a lot of packs out there... I don't expect people to download all of them just to find a handful of songs they want.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-29-2012 01:43 AM

Missing VGMP, VMGP2, VMGP3

Really cool idea. The only suggestion I would have would be to include banners where available, because I have had trouble in the past if there wasn't a correct title in the banner. I was going to suggest having stepauthor, but I see that you have already gone and done that. Another possibility, though this would take a lot more work as some authors have multiple cd titles, would be to contain those in the database as well.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-29-2012 01:48 AM

Another option, for songs which where stepped by multiple artists (collabs) would it be possible to return these songs while searching for a single artist, or would it only return when searching for the proper stepauthor. I know that this is currently a big issue with FFR as it is not something that is automatically completed.

Following up on the methods for searching, is this search looking for an exact string? Does it match on case insensitivity?

Shikari 01-29-2012 01:57 AM

Gave my first try with Kommisar's Arrogant Cobbler, didn't find either Mystery Pack 1 or Kommisar's Kawaii-Desu Pack, feels bad man. :(

Yo, QQ, if you want some data, PM me, I can definitely help.

EDIT: Pack list is missing 90% of the Xoon Series, Keyboard Collaboration (HOW?!), Community Keyboard Megapack, Light Chancellors 1-3, Dark Chancellors... Want me to upload these packs, without the .mp3s?

qqwref 01-29-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR (Post 3626523)
Another option, for songs which where stepped by multiple artists (collabs) would it be possible to return these songs while searching for a single artist [...]
Following up on the methods for searching, is this search looking for an exact string? Does it match on case insensitivity?

The search looks for your search term, anywhere in the given field, and case insensitive. So if you search for "ren" as the stepauthor it will find Ren, DJ Ren, Torrent, DJ Ren vs. GLoVE, and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR (Post 3626518)
The only suggestion I would have would be to include banners where available

In our database there's a space where people can put an image link to the banner, but I haven't implemented it yet in the results (and we don't have any banners included anyway). Eventually we might have it so you can see the banners too. I don't know of any way to properly search for a song if the banner title is wrong (or in Japanese) though... kinda wish gfx dudes would stop doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR (Post 3626518)
Missing VGMP, VMGP2, VMGP3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 3626526)
Gave my first try with Kommisar's Arrogant Cobbler, didn't find either Mystery Pack 1 or Kommisar's Kawaii-Desu Pack, feels bad man. :( [...]
EDIT: Pack list is missing 90% of the Xoon Series, Keyboard Collaboration (HOW?!), Community Keyboard Megapack, Light Chancellors 1-3, Dark Chancellors... Want me to upload these packs, without the .mp3s?

There are a lot of packs out there, I'm sure we'll get to all the good ones eventually XD I'm the only one entering in packs right now. And yeah, please do upload them, that would be really useful.

Choofers 01-29-2012 01:15 PM

no solo

Wineandbread 01-29-2012 01:22 PM

This is actually a pretty nice development, good work

Gundam-Dude 01-29-2012 01:27 PM

looking forward to seeing a full pack list in the future

EzExZeRo7497 01-30-2012 12:51 AM

I could help out for some pad packs (Tachyon Gamma, Tachyon Beta, etc. etc.)

Any form?

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-30-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3626688)
In our database there's a space where people can put an image link to the banner, but I haven't implemented it yet in the results (and we don't have any banners included anyway). Eventually we might have it so you can see the banners too. I don't know of any way to properly search for a song if the banner title is wrong (or in Japanese) though... kinda wish gfx dudes would stop doing that.

I don't think that there would be any easy way of searching for banners without creating a seperate database for how each of the banners looks. My suggesting was more for adding them to the default display of viewing lists of songs. As much as it would suck, I'm guessing manually searching would be the only way to truly search for a banner without a whole lot of work to build the database of all of their descriptions.

Herogashix 01-30-2012 07:55 AM

If this is just a song search, disregard this suggestion.

Add dl links to individual files eventually, since some people may not want to download a full pack of nonsense when there's 1 quality file they want.

Charlo 01-30-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 3627321)
If this is just a song search, disregard this suggestion.

Add dl links to individual files eventually, since some people may not want to download a full pack of nonsense when there's 1 quality file they want.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but I think qqwref avoided linking to downloads because he doesn't want the possibility of legal trouble down the road.

Anyway, great site, nice work.

TheNoSoMan 01-30-2012 09:43 AM

This is actually a very good idea. But I'm afraid that this site might be forgotten in the future and left unmaintained. I hope it survives in the future.

tunsz555 01-30-2012 10:03 AM

Hey it's pretty neat idea! What format you used to enter the database because I already have C# program that can scan through 1 pack and obtain...
- song name translated
- subtitle translated
- song artist translated
- banner image file and filename. Can be automatically scaled and output to smaller files if you want.
- step charter (Regex'ed from song folder name with specified delimiter like '(' and ')' )
- Difficulties (I've disabled Edit diff ATM)
- Every features above worked with .sm and .dwi

Which is used in my program here http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=120979

I can tweaked this a bit and have a version that can scan through multiple packs and batch get the information for you if you can give me the formats you wanted. :P

Herogashix 01-30-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3627331)
I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but I think qqwref avoided linking to downloads because he doesn't want the possibility of legal trouble down the road.

Couldn't you just remove the .mp3 files?