Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fix the stupid Rock songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=101146)

iceefudgesickle 10-8-2008 01:33 AM

Fix the stupid Rock songs

I just played Goodbye, My Love and didn't even SDG it despite the fact that it's only a 6/12 in difficulty. Seriously, I have but one humble request; please make the songs in Rock sync with the music.

I mean really, I understand old files like TFB and SSSG and I don't actually mind them that much because I understand they're old. But forcing us to go through crappy 4-minute songs that are offbeat is stupid when we have the ability to make them synced.

The two ones that are the biggest offenders are Goodbye, My Love and the DotA song (don't make me spell it correctly.) I hope this is considered because there is no excuse for these offbeat files.

The5thMoon 10-8-2008 01:47 AM

Re: Fix the stupid Rock songs

I say fix all the blue note/off-beat songs, or just get rid of them.

NFD 10-8-2008 01:57 AM

Not going to~~~~

Part of our history here~~~~

who_cares973 10-8-2008 02:05 AM

[quote=The5thMoon;2832816]I say fix all the blue note/off-beat songs, or just get rid of them.[/QUOTE

we keep the blue note/off beat songs for a reason

as for the other two songs i agree there is no excuse for their offbeatness

Patashu 10-8-2008 02:31 AM

you would be ruining ffr history :| just like avmisses they have to stay

ps play them muted so you don't even know they're off hehe

jimerax 10-8-2008 03:22 AM

I think non-qualified widget files shouldn't be added to the game.

The5thMoon 10-8-2008 03:31 AM

Okay if it's FFR History at least make them not ranked. I really do not enjoy playing off beat and randomly stepped songs.

Kekeb 10-8-2008 05:50 AM

Quit whining, we all have to play them. It's also not fair for the people who spent time AAA'ing horrible songs.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 10-8-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 2832843)

h4h4

i always thought it was retarded to keep blue/offsync files just because you want to embrace your history. all it does is make people new to the site that you have files that suck massive dick. considering that these files are most often the ones that people play then this opinion is probably shared by 1/2 or more of all the newly registered users that play the game as of now.

Ice wolf 10-8-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 2832856)

I agree.

iceefudgesickle 10-8-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The5thMoon (Post 2832816)
I say fix all the blue note/off-beat songs, or just get rid of them.

Not going to happen, part of our history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFD (Post 2832820)
Not going to~~~~

Part of our history here~~~~

Those rock songs are our history? They were only added to the site a short while ago. There have been files that were offbeat when first released, people complained, and they fixed them. "History" pertains to either background songs, blue note songs, or the earliest colored note songs.

Quote:

Yeah that's what I usually do for offbeat songs, but I'm pissed that these files are offbeat when they're newer files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 2832856)

THIS. Why didn't I think of it earlier? I love you Jimerax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekeb (Post 2832874)
Quit whining, we all have to play them. It's also not fair for the people who spent time AAA'ing horrible songs.

It isn't whining, it's suggesting. I can easily AAA them with a few more tries and with a mute of the volume. It's just stupid that I should have to. Plus, a lot of newbies like to play Rock songs and having files that suck isn't going to keep people at this site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDEdDNEdDYFaN (Post 2832882)
h4h4

i always thought it was retarded to keep blue/offsync files just because you want to embrace your history. all it does is make people new to the site that you have files that suck massive dick. considering that these files are most often the ones that people play then this opinion is probably shared by 1/2 or more of all the newly registered users that play the game as of now.

Yeah, I know I used to think that when I registered for the first time but I played some harder files and realized that the game didn't suck.

*lightbulb turns on* I KNOW! We should have an "old" genre in the game and relocate all bluenote/background songs there, along with maybe some older colored note songs (there are some that are really offsync that could go there as well)

MrMagic5239 10-8-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

To keep true to the history, good misses would of had to of stayed.

That was FFR 2003

iceefudgesickle 10-8-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 (Post 2833003)

That was FFR 2003

...good misses?

Enlighten me.

TC_Halogen 10-8-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceefudgesickle (Post 2832813)
I just played Goodbye, My Love and didn't even SDG it despite the fact that it's only a 6/12 in difficulty. Seriously, I have but one humble request; please make the songs in Rock sync with the music.

I mean really, I understand old files like TFB and SSSG and I don't actually mind them that much because I understand they're old. But forcing us to go through crappy 4-minute songs that are offbeat is stupid when we have the ability to make them synced.

The two ones that are the biggest offenders are Goodbye, My Love and the DotA song (don't make me spell it correctly.) I hope this is considered because there is no excuse for these offbeat files.

No one is going to cater to your needs. If the song is off-sync for you, and you want to try for the AAA one time, then just play with the sound off and do it. That's it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekeb (Post 2832874)

This. I mean, seriously, none of us like off-sync songs, but you are the first one to mention it. If you are struggling to get a score out of frustration to an offsync song, then just leave it alone for a while.

And if I hear this reason: It's a music game and the sound should always be on...enough.

travman301 10-8-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 (Post 2833003)

That was FFR 2003

Boo's used to be combo-breakers too. But I don't really think that is the point. The old songs can stay as the game progresses.

iceefudgesickle 10-8-2008 11:33 AM

You see, TC_Halogen, I didn't complain because I can't AAA the songs because I can, I complained because these more recent songs just don't have an excuse to be offbeat. You don't see me complaining about SSSG because I understand why that song is offbeat.

TC_Halogen 10-8-2008 11:34 AM

Man, I should have been as good as I am now back in '03. Boos being combo breakers stops all the mashers.

Then again, it makes some songs pretty much impossible to FC. XD

travman301 10-8-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 2833024)
Man, I should have been as good as I am now back in '03. Boos being combo breakers stops all the mashers.

Then again, it makes some songs pretty much impossible to FC. XD

The timing system was completely different though. I think perfects were only one frame or something like that.

iceefudgesickle 10-8-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travman301 (Post 2833029)
The timing system was completely different though. I think perfects were only one frame or something like that.

That should be an FFR modifier, called "Pro Timing" or something, where Perfects are one frame. It would be intriguing and a good skill token idea.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 10-8-2008 05:53 PM

Pretty sure as it is right now Perfects are only like..1/30 or 2/30 which is strict enough as it is. Pro timing wouldn't really make much sense.