Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post your recent doodles/photos/artwork! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145909)

Spenner 11-1-2016 07:39 PM

Post your recent doodles/photos/artwork!

Post any and all doodles you're somewhat proud of, recent ones only if you can.

EDIT: Just post any recent artwork, in general, that you've done! Changing the thread name to include more things :D

Finished this today:

Took me 2 days/6 hours, I am going to try to make one every week.

I encourage you all to challenge yourselves and draw something once per week to post here. No judging unless you ask for critique.

Wayward Vagabond 11-1-2016 07:58 PM

Re: Doodle/Drawing thread

Ooooooh neat

Arntonach 11-1-2016 10:17 PM

That looks like something in between fez and nightmare before christmas. Looks neat. 8)

My photoshop textbook has a chapter on painting that rather facinating, so I'll try to post something soon.

SKG_Scintill 11-1-2016 10:34 PM

well what a coincidence because I drew this today (and posted about it already on discord)
I prefer the sketch over the coloured one, what a waste of time

PrawnSkunk 11-2-2016 02:01 AM

pretty bug :)

Spenner 11-2-2016 04:31 PM

Cool linework Scintil l but I agree the cartoony fill-in is both tedious and not exactly satisfying, but it serves as a good base if you ever wanted to shade in more detail/have areas of colour coordinated.

Also, sick ladybug Prawn! You've got skills, I like your attention to detail 8-) using pencil and a smudge stick or charcoal or what?

I cooked this up today in response to my poor electronic city being attacked upon.

Charu 11-2-2016 07:26 PM

Oh!? I guess we all had the doodle bug, because I did something two days ago. I'mm-a share it here.

I sometimes doodle when there's nothing going on in the library, so I usually just leave these to greet the other person that comes to my shift.

Spenner 11-2-2016 08:06 PM

Character expressionism is cute

Charu 11-2-2016 08:18 PM

Your drawings look pretty spiffy yourself. What do you use to make such beautiful circles?

Spenner 11-2-2016 08:47 PM

Myself? Either a stencil is partially used, or I feel the flow of true art o___o I go into trances while drawing and rarely remember how I was while drawing them.

Weird

SKG_Scintill 11-4-2016 09:52 PM

long ass fucking hair fucking bullshit so much fucking work

PrawnSkunk 11-5-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4489302)
Also, sick ladybug Prawn! You've got skills, I like your attention to detail 8-) using pencil and a smudge stick or charcoal or what?

Thanks Spenner! Yes, I'm a smudge stick junkie. I love every doodle you have posted, so keep them coming :)

Sanjixcon 11-5-2016 02:38 AM

Spenner your art is just amazing dude 10/10. PrawnSkunk I want to see more pretty bugs :)

Charu 01-29-2017 04:52 PM

I doodle'd today.

Doodle Poodle Daggle

TrixiePuff 02-4-2017 07:15 PM

Oh.

Mourningfall 03-7-2017 04:41 AM

I absolutely adore horses and manes and hair and omg, I just fucking love horses so here you go I drew one

Spenner 03-7-2017 04:56 AM

Nice Mourning. We talked about playing with the angle of the head, which is a huge leap, but experiment with it and you'll get a lot more personality.

Here's a bad pic of a drawing I did in 30s

Mourningfall 03-7-2017 05:00 AM

your surrealistic expressionism is accentuated by the fact you tend to deviate from the traditional darker undertones of the surreal world. the focus on the contrast of colors and the precision of your lines really goes to show just how adept you are with a drawing apparatus

Spenner 03-7-2017 06:24 AM

Thanks Mourning, very heartfelt. I try to suspend creatures in the space they are in, just adapting, because they need to. Only way I see fit.

Glad we all have our styles, it's good to see.

Spenner 03-15-2017 08:50 PM

Here's one I did, took me 25 minutes which isn't bad... but I should be pumping one of these things out every 20 minutes on a good day. Bad paper, bad pencils (no sharpener, I had to take time to study which side was sharp/which was hard). But alas here's my doodle.

evanescence_death4ever 03-30-2017 05:00 PM

dohohohoho
The basement (dance game room) in the residence that I live @ is pretty much surrounded in chalkboard walls (chalkboard paint is cool!) These are a couple of my doodles on the walls. (Snivy was drawn in honor of trollin' Xiz as I impersonated Charu)

I used to work at Starbucks (this past summer) ~ and I always did the signs because it was my favorite part. They were always a bit off because I didn't have measuring stuff or rulers but eyyy. More fun than brewing coffee!

These are some notes that I almost consider a doodle/drawing but not really but kinda I doodled around some of the title tags~METALLIC PENS ON BLACK PAPER MASTER RACE.

I wanted to participate as a designer in the fashion show at the university I went to (and never finished school) ~ A lot of the designers were art students but they were welcoming to all sorts of students, too (there never seemed to be enough engineering pride in that fashion show XD but eyy~)! I never did end up trying to participate, but these were some fashion drawings I did... When you do a "line" ~ there's supposed to be a coherence, with fabrics/theme/etc. I was planning out a very feminine, //sky// related line.

I'm honestly sad I never pursued this endeavor. I hate sewing for other people, but...Yeah. I worked out how to use conductive thread for embroidery, and had sewable LEDs~so some of the pieces would light up. I love hand embroidery (well, and machine embroidery, but I don't have money for an embroidery machine!!!) and...well, it was fun using conductive thread and the batteries were so small and cool to integrate into the fabric, with a sheer fabric overlay (like organza or chiffon) atop the lights~ ooo.

Here's a random chess piece I drew from a photograph when I was hoping to get into drawing..But eh... =/ I give up a lot.

And then this is a ballerina (from a photo) that I tried to draw and I dunno. It was from the same sketchbook (I actually made the sketchbook?) as that chess piece/board.

I think it'd be fun if this thread became more popular, post more things, friends <3 !

DaBackpack 03-31-2017 07:22 PM

I used to draw cartoons/comics for this one MMO fansite but stopped a few years ago. The other day at the airport I drew a sketch of my character for funsies. I might turn it into a drawing and submit it to that site one of these days.

Spenner 04-2-2017 02:10 PM

Dared to use colour today.

evanescence_death4ever 04-2-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4540300)
I used to draw cartoons/comics for this one MMO fansite but stopped a few years ago. The other day at the airport I drew a sketch of my character for funsies. I might turn it into a drawing and submit it to that site one of these days.

This is QT! you should show us more! ^o^

Wayward Vagabond 04-2-2017 09:18 PM

Awesome stuff

Charu 04-10-2017 07:26 AM

Not necessarily a drawing, but it's in the same vain as my avatars (because I was bored)

Spenner 04-10-2017 02:36 PM

Aw cute. Nice draw, do you animate it with a puppet warp or something in After Effects or is it all separate pieces?

Charu 04-10-2017 02:40 PM

The body is puppet warp (was the only way to get that breathing motion I wanted) while also rotating just 1, one whole, degree!

The Z's are also puppet warped.

The rest... is all done by simple rotations, dohoho.

Oh, and yeah, they're in pieces. Cut it up in photoshop first.

Will say it's not my drawing. Just took something I found super cute and made it movez.

Spenner 04-13-2017 11:23 PM

Still v cool sir, looks good.

Here's a photoshop doodle.

Travis_Flesher 04-13-2017 11:52 PM

i dabble

Spenner 04-13-2017 11:57 PM

You have a very cool wall/door there sir.

LilStarKid 04-14-2017 02:20 AM

Hello. I'm usually not social enough for forums.. But what can I say, I love art. My drawings are not exactly recent though, I spend most of my creative free time writing poetry as my main art form. So I'll bust out a drawing every few months... Hehe. Maybe I should draw something new though, it's about time I guess.

This is a Toyota MR2 I drew for a friend last year.

And this is Tarja of Nightwish, I think I drew her in december maybe... A little more recent.

Sometimes I draw portraits for my friends. I would draw more often but I don't enjoy it as much as I think an artist should. I usually only feel motivated to draw when I'm making something for a friend. *shrug*

I'm mostly an art appreciator. I really love the other pieces I've seen you guys post here. You're a very talented bunch. :D

Spenner 04-19-2017 06:35 PM

Nice draws LilStar :) keep it up. Do some for me ;P if required.

Here's Gohma's eye from Ocarina of Time (thought it was cool his imposing stare from in the dark ceiling)

Wayward Vagabond 04-20-2017 03:39 AM

That would make a sweet tattoo

Renrane 04-20-2017 07:47 AM

This is my latest digital drawing. I don't draw much digital because pc is visible to people. I need to be alone when I draw digital. It was done on March 6, 2017.

Lately I've only been drawing on my sketchpad. I am too lazy to scan my drawings or take a picture of it. So instead here is a digital one.

Celirra 04-20-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolletta (Post 4544220)
If this is the section for doodles and whatnot, is there a thread for finished pieces? Or even a thread with the possibility of critique? I'm sure we have some great artists here.

I think this is as close as you'll get, people (myself included) would probably be happy to critique your work here. Could make a thread of your own too if you want, there's a deficit of threads here anyways.

Wayward Vagabond 04-25-2017 06:24 PM

made an ambigram of zhaleh. i like how it came out

Spenner 04-27-2017 11:46 PM

That's sick WV, I love it. Traced in illustrator and it would look mad clean yo.

Here's something. It'll be made into a t-shirt.

Wee

EDIT: Not sure if it will be "legible" but it says "Hello, what's up" in braille.

EDIT2: Wowow it's a shirt you can BUY now, never had this happen before.

https://www.neetgear.net/products/dripsit

Celirra 04-28-2017 12:20 AM

Wow Spenner, huge congrats!! Love the design, and the Braille is a super nice touch too. Do you get any payment for sales of the shirt?

Either way, that's really impressive, awesome job man.

Wayward Vagabond 04-28-2017 12:28 AM

That shirt is sick and I'm actually going to get one.

Spenner 04-28-2017 12:32 AM

Glad you guys like it! :) I'll be doing a series of similar shirts as soon as I finish a website project... this is gonna be my focus. I'll be getting commissions! It'll be about an hour before it updates to the correct design but yeah... I won't say don't buy one lolol.

If anyone has vague requests for shirt ideas also I'd be happy to design something for you/for everyone. Usually custom shirts are expensive and all. Permitting on what it is.

Spenner 04-28-2017 03:07 AM

Sorry to double post but I made another! Soon to be shirted as well. This is so much fun.

Wayward Vagabond 04-28-2017 10:31 AM

Siiiiick

Spenner 05-3-2017 05:20 PM

Work in progress @__@ trying to make this skull like skullcandy.

Azpb Djbread 05-3-2017 09:18 PM

i spent a solid 3 months on this work of art

im pretty talented if you ask me

Spenner 05-3-2017 09:54 PM

Alright, while that wasn't obviously a significant contribution, I do say I encourage you to really try Azpb :P you can actually create cool things in paint that aren't that.

Also I finished this now.

And this!

EDIT: Aww quick edit and we have a perfect hat.

I'm totally getting one <3

Travis_Flesher 05-4-2017 04:56 AM

dewdle

Had an idea to take black and white photos from google image and color them in with MSpaint

Spenner 05-4-2017 09:39 AM

That's actually crazy cool Travis do more please 8__8

Unrelated, new thing for a project

Wayward Vagabond 05-4-2017 09:43 AM

I would buy 3 shirts with that on it

Spenner 05-10-2017 10:51 PM

I mean, if you want to, now you can : ^)

https://www.neetgear.net/collections...cts/sounds-gay

Also here's a thing I built

And here's a photoshop action result! Randomly generates mountain artwork like this.

Spenner 05-12-2017 02:50 AM

Hey this is cool. It looks like an alien in some kind of machine hub.

EDIT: a remix version too

Wayward Vagabond 05-12-2017 03:20 AM

I'm using that for some stepmania gfx

Spenner 05-16-2017 11:53 PM

A cute cloud

Wayward Vagabond 05-17-2017 03:58 AM

Uguu~

Spenner 05-18-2017 06:12 PM

Insert Power Pill

Celirra 05-19-2017 07:32 PM

Wow that cloud really is adorable

CoffCoffCoffeePlease 05-20-2017 09:39 AM

Are people still alive here? Gahd, everybody's better than me. WHY.

evanescence_death4ever 05-20-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4551956)
A cute cloud

I want him.

Spenner 05-21-2017 06:15 PM

He's uguu 4u

Also here's a poke ball

Wayward Vagabond 05-21-2017 08:09 PM

that hurts my eyes but i like it

Spenner 05-24-2017 07:03 PM

Yeah it didn't really turn out exactly as planned but owell.

Here's a wiggling thing.

And another isometric test shape thingy.

evanescence_death4ever 05-24-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4553287)
He's uguu 4u

Also here's a poke ball

Is he uguu 4me? Or 2uguu4me? Because I think he may be the latter =(

Spenner 05-25-2017 09:47 AM

Oh... Eva... his standards... are sky high... rip

Spenner 06-10-2017 02:15 PM

Just fidgeting in illustrator :D

Spenner 06-11-2017 05:53 PM

I have created anime

Tia- 06-11-2017 10:53 PM

posting without contribution

Spenner your work is all very aesthetic, I get a very organised vibe from it. Everything on this page before the animu gives me a kinda neo-futuristic impression. Something tells me you could go somewhere if you pursued a role as an architect, they're all very pleasing to the eye.

As for the animu, it's very nice to see you branch out and show the diversity of your talent by creating something less rigid and structured. It captured emotion and was well executed.

Bravo!

Edit: And after checking the earlier pages, I'm speechless. I hope this is a profession. Because it certainly should be. :D

Spenner 06-11-2017 11:16 PM

Thank you for the comment Tia- :) I'm pretty much just building my portfolio at the moment, but I'm very set on making a career with design. Funny you mention architecture, I'm a big fan of it, and I was a bit torn when having to choose it or graphic design for college. One day when I can afford a house I'll certainly be the mad scientist sketching up the blueprints.

Cheers! ^^

Spenner 06-18-2017 02:34 PM

Huge image, so I'll link to it instead-- but here's a worms armageddon "Trick Race" I built in illustrator.

http://www.wmdb.org/maps/32180-image...Trick_Race.png

Spenner 06-25-2017 02:44 PM

What is it? A bird, a plane, a snail, a fidget spinner...????

Celirra 06-25-2017 07:37 PM

Its cool to see how far your circles have come artistically, it started out so simple and now it's a droopy snail thing

Do you do any art that's more... squareular and 3d and less colourful by nature, kinda like your current avatar... still?

Spenner 06-25-2017 10:37 PM

I feel like I'm in a different phase of my artistic life. I'm embracing the elements of design in their raw and literal form much more than I used to-- in previous phases, I viewed building art the same way I'd build a drawing. I'd find shapes that are representative of what I want them to represent, add texture that looks stylish, and more rough/mechanical where possible, and pair it with surrealism first and foremost.

Now I'm kind of living in an internal world of order, form, and colour theory. The organic side of me is still there, but it's kind of lost in the realm of my drawings of the old.

I think a lot of it has to do with overcoming depression, when I think about it. That is largely a thing of the past, which hindered the scope of things I'd be able to reach (like colour and playful shapes).

I definitely think in terms of vast, labyrinth like structures when I'm feeling blue. Large mechanical voids still become the framework of my saddened soul when my mood starts to drop; I don't think the style of artwork will be gone for too long.

evanescence_death4ever 06-25-2017 11:31 PM

Eyo! The first thing I see is a snail but hmm...fidget spinner...hmmm.... =P

I saw this one on your FB and wanted to comment on how I enjoy the shapes but not the colors. I feel like it's silly to be so critical of something I wanted to be like, "I LOVE THIS!" but...hm! I could see it on a nice...hat...In fact~with the color scheme as it is now, the blue is quite like my Puma hat, I could imagine it being in place of the Puma jumping!

I know you choose colors not solely based on their appearance but through color theory and stuff (still blows my mind, dude--SO MUCH PAINT, SO LITTLE ABILITY TO SEE COLOR @_@)

Anywayyyyyyy. I'm actually glad I stumbled upon this on fiffer, too <3

evanescence_death4ever 06-26-2017 12:09 AM

writing in a new notebook.

Spenner 06-26-2017 02:55 PM

That opinion about the colouring is totally valid-- while I may select things based on colour theory, it by no means ensures it looks cool by default. Certain selections make sense for some reasons but they might nonetheless look silly :P

I love that page. Nice handwriting too yo.

EDIT: Vector traced an old drawing of mine

(colour permitting, I just put it there to see the transparent details better)

Spenner 06-27-2017 05:40 PM

Re: Post your recent doodles/photos/artwork!

Recently edited some old photos in a series

Wayward Vagabond 06-27-2017 10:30 PM

Whoa sick

Spenner 06-28-2017 09:40 PM

Decided to finally brand myself. So, here's a logo.

(Black and white for contrast-- may colour it later)

darkshark 07-1-2017 06:15 AM

Spenner, you're doing fantastic things. Keep it up. Hope you get clientele pouring your way.

Spenner 07-1-2017 09:24 AM

I appreciate it Darkshark :) good to hear from you. Working on that clientele bit right now actually.

Wayward Vagabond 07-1-2017 10:45 AM

i am actually a client