Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   legacy files to alter! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129864)

ULTIMEGA 04-16-2013 07:24 PM

legacy files to alter!

As a lot of people know, those legacy files are the most annoying ones to play, but the crappy syncing is only half the problem.

What i am proposing is this: those background animations that deal with those files? Let's do everyone a favor and have the damn background animations removed from the legacy files.

I am starting this movement because to put is quite simply, I've had enough of those stupid animations.

All the people have to do is respond to this post and agree with it. If there is a reason you do not agree with this movement, please state why.

Looking to get at least 50 people to join the movement.

Current people supporting this movement:

XAlphawolf
Mourningfall
noname219
arcnmx

xAlphaWolf 04-16-2013 07:25 PM

Re: legacy files to alter!

I'm In. some background animations make the song be lag on Velocity Engine.

gabrieljd 04-16-2013 07:26 PM

mad cuz bad

Mourningfall 04-16-2013 07:32 PM

This has my full support. I have terrible eyesight; borderlining legally blind, so playing any of the files
with backgrounds, animations, videos and other trivial distracting shit, makes it terribly difficult to focus on the chart; or in some cases to even see.

I understand how it could be considered an advantage, or unfair to those who have managed to successfully AAA these files in the past.
But keeping these files on the site, background or not. We should at least be able to enjoy them.
Isn't that what FFR is all about? Having fun? Let us have our fun. :)

qqwref 04-16-2013 07:33 PM

I would rather the files not be changed, but be removed from the public average rank, so people don't have to worry about doing well on them.

noname219 04-16-2013 07:36 PM

Some of the files are obviously meant to distract the player (party 4u), but honestly, I'm not a fan of this kind of files. I support that motion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3892998)
I would rather the files not be changed, but be removed from the public average rank, so people don't have to worry about doing well on them.

Legacy files should be removed as well.

Mourningfall 04-16-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

I never even considered that. Isolating the legacy files and giving them their own separate levelrank so they're about as important as token songs. +1

ULTIMEGA 04-16-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I doubt removing them would actually occur. I don't know anything else about the files other than the fact that they simply suck.
They ARE, however, were some of the first songs in the game ever, and I believe they should remain in game. But honestly, those background, like I said, are a pain.

noname219 04-16-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 3893004)
Unfortunately, I doubt removing them would actually occur. I don't know anything else about the files other than the fact that they simply suck.
They ARE, however, were some of the first songs in the game ever, and I believe they should remain in game. But honestly, those background, like I said, are a pain.

Removing a background would take much more effort than what qqwref proposed (probably have to reupload the files with a fresh scoreboard - if that happens, at this point, I would propose to re-step them).

Also, not every song with a background or video are old (A Correspondances Illumitees, Marisa Stole the Precious Thing).

yo man im awesome 04-16-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 3893004)

I believe, ulti, qqwref is saying not to remove them from the game entirely, but to move them into the token rankings, or just simply give them their own rankings, so that they aren't so needlessly detrimental to people's ranks.

Also: this topic has been brought up many times now, and each time nothing has happened. Not usually a pessimist in these situations, but I don't see this going anywhere, as much as I'd like it to.

yo man im awesome 04-16-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 3892992)
Looking to get at least 300 people to join the movement.

LOL just saw this

how many people do you think play/look at FFR lmao, let alone how many of them care enough to post here?

Riotpolice 04-16-2013 08:01 PM

I don't think the community can handle 300 people at the moment, please try again later.

Charu 04-16-2013 08:06 PM

Hey now, everyone wants to be optimistic!

But yeah, 300 is unrealistic from the amount of traffic we get through the forum section of this website. (It may not be unrealistic if this was presented within the game itself because I'm sure there's a fair amount going to FFR whether they have an account or not.).

Also, as people have said, this has been mentioned before. The same method of which has been mentioned before. I don't see this going through this time like it did that other time. Unless right now the devs want to move the songs over to somewhere.

Personally, I don't mind that they're there. Yeah, they take a heavy-heavy hit in your rank because so many players have played it and have a rank on them. However, they're still part of the game... even if majority of them are kind "stinkish" and very low quality in terms of music and chart, ya know what I'm sayin'?

For the record, I don't enjoy playing majority of them either. Especially the FGO, Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl.

Quigly 04-16-2013 08:17 PM

petition for admins of ffr to come to my house every morning with freshly baked croissants pls sign we need 15,000 people

xVaLoRx 04-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabrieljd (Post 3892994)
mad cuz bad

most original post 2013

Plan_Bsk81127 04-16-2013 08:28 PM

Nope, those files are awesome, if you suck at them that's your problem. They are the best files in the game, they shall remain there forever. Maybe if you were a good player the bg, off sync, and poor charting wouldn't be an issue.

DissonantMuse 04-16-2013 08:29 PM

I really wish something would be done about these files, completely pointless to play. I doubt anything will ever change with legacy files which I don't understand but I support this thread. but yeah honestly wish they were just removed from the game.

DossarLX ODI 04-16-2013 08:35 PM

If anyone is wondering: It doesn't take long to create a new .swf so getting a level without the background up is easy -- the spinning rectangles are videos integrated into the .swf files. Of course though this is only if staff allowed the files to have the backgrounds removed.

Personally I think qqwref's solution is best if FFR wants to preserve the legacy files.

Mourningfall 04-16-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3893040)
Personally I think qqwref's solution is best if FFR wants to preserve the legacy files.

Honestly that's the best approach to quell any complaints people have.
Make them optional, don't force us to trudge through shit.