Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   why should we care about other people? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143478)

-JiZ53- 12-22-2015 11:54 PM

why should we care about other people?

What good is it to care about the feelings or welfare of other people? It is obviously something that any group of people needs to be cohesive, but for an individual with no group, in a society as large as ours, what good is caring about other people?

icontrolyourworld 12-23-2015 12:20 AM

Re: why should we care about other people?

it's part of social and economical progression, we survive better as a species if we care about each other. also it's good for making friends

-JiZ53- 12-23-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4386798)
it's part of social and economical progression, we survive better as a species if we care about each other. also it's good for making friends

You didnt get the question.

reuben_tate 12-23-2015 12:45 AM

Taking the time to care and be considerate of other people is a form of social investment. By caring about others and their feelings towards someone, you increase the chance that you'll be pleased with the actions the other person does to/for you. If you randomly decide to tell your waitress that she's a fat and ugly, then you should expect to have very poor/slow service for the rest of the night.

In a long-term investment sense, caring about people allows you to easily make friends and build good, long-standing rapports with people. That way, when you need help, you have a network of people you can fall back on.

Anyways, this only answers the question: "Why should we care or pretend to care about other people?" As for why one should genuinely care, that's a bit harder to answer.

icontrolyourworld 12-23-2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4386799)
You didnt get the question.

you didn't ask the right question

LongGone 12-23-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4386802)
Anyways, this only answers the question: "Why should we care or pretend to care about other people?" As for why one should genuinely care, that's a bit harder to answer.

-JiZ53- 12-23-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4386818)
you didn't ask the right question

Nice 30 second replies. Think about it brah

_Zenith_ 12-23-2015 10:34 AM

You bring up the most pointless of questions that it isn't worth any persons time to answer, especially if you're going to ridicule the answers given.

The answer is humanity.

-JiZ53- 12-23-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4386793)
What good is it to care about the feelings or welfare of other people? It is obviously something that any group of people needs to be cohesive, but for an individual with no group, in a society as large as ours, what good is caring about other people?

Repost to get thread back on track.

Frank Munoz 12-23-2015 11:16 AM

i think

Walrusizer 12-23-2015 11:27 AM

we shouldnt

Charu 12-23-2015 12:24 PM

kiss walruses

Funnygurl555 12-23-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

I think we still need other people now, but I don't think you need to care about those people. Don't sociopaths and stuff have more money and power?

Sounds like a crappy way to live though. Ask anyone else what a meaningful life is to them and they'll likely say it would have to include contributing to the greater good.

badman7772 12-23-2015 01:22 PM

remind me to ban the thread maker from any event associated with me because of this thread.

Red Blaster 12-23-2015 01:37 PM

Why should I care about this thread is the better question

leonid 12-23-2015 02:35 PM

Human interaction is often give and take and when you care about other people you would get the same or similar in return, and have warm fuzzy feeling in side etc but if you really don't care about all that it's never enforced by law or anything anyway so the answer is you don't need to. If you only care about other people just to get those benefits though, that kinda also makes you a sociopath but really who cares

Reincarnate 12-23-2015 02:57 PM

First of all, "why" questions are really hard to answer:

The answer to your question depends entirely on how far you want to take it and what you're already assuming to be true.

gold stinger 12-23-2015 04:29 PM

I believe that caring about other people comes down to a want & need basis, whether it be love, attention, opinion, or requirement of teamwork in other tasks. But how much a singular person cares about other people is solely dependent on how much they'd be willing to care in a first place. Such as, a person who sits at their computer every day and plays video games may have a relatively low number of other people they care about, but a person who works as the boss of a company may care about a ton of people, to both make sure they get work they care about done, the money they care about in their pocket, and the care they have towards the dedication of how much value they can create.

You can assign a value to anything in this sense, and I believe it's been talked about at one time or another on these forums. It depends on the person and the position that they're in to care about said people. If someone has depression their interpretation of self-care and the amount that others care about them can be skewed, or underestimated. If someone is outgoing, or self-centered, their self-care and the amount that others care about them can be skewed in the opposite direction.

To be fair, the more I think about the question, the more I think that it shouldn't be a why should we statement, but more along the lines of a why do/don't we statement, because why should we suggests that there is some sort of social law that requires people to do so, when the short answer to that, is there isn't. There are people that care only about themselves, and there are people that care about the world and the planet.

Trumpet63 12-23-2015 05:02 PM

If we define caring to be a feeling of concern or interest, caring about another serves the purpose of motivating actions to pursue that interest, whether it be actively preserving another's well-being, or conversing with them to gain more information. Both ultimately result in you identifying what their needs are so that you can provide for them, or at least see whether you would provide. This leads to the question: Why would one give to another? (By giving I mean interacting with someone in a way that may be perceived as providing something)

In a strictly selfish sense, giving is a social contract implying quid pro quo. Doing this acknowledges that one lives in a world of inequity, where goods (in the most general sense) have different value to different people, and that someone else could do something that you could not. Then there's morality, religion, philosophy... plenty of things could motivate someone to care, and then to give.

gold stinger 12-23-2015 05:20 PM

Yeah, another thing that is intriguing to think about is that someone may care about others in the sense of giving stuff to them or forming tight relations with others in order to get something out of them that you would otherwise not be able to, or be able to ask them of something that you normally would not be able to unless you spent the time forming a strong bond of care between you and them, and acknowledging each other's worth & care equally, for most cases, but not all.

Dynam0 12-23-2015 05:25 PM

because reasons

Buta-san 12-23-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

It is obviously something that any group of people needs to be cohesive

Not any group of people are cohesive. There are many times you are stuck with other people you dislike, don't agree with especially working.
It's more obvious why people would care about other people.

janetfdoss 12-30-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

It is very good to take care about others. At least i try to go with these thoughts.

stargroup100 01-5-2016 07:07 AM

Once again I'm late to the discussion. w/e

If you want an objective reason to care about other people, the most convincing practical argument that I can come up with is that it is simply objectively beneficial to cooperate with other people.

Take any economics 101 class and you'll understand this. If people specialized in particular jobs, they would collectively get more done. A basic math problem can demonstrate proof of concept on a micro-level. On a larger scale, it's much easier to observe through example: It's completely unfeasible and absurd to imagine that a single human being is capable of producing a modern computer from circuit components, let alone nature. Yet humanity as a whole has not only done that, but can also mass produce it on a level that makes it accessible for most any middle-class person.

Your entire life is inevitably going to involve interactions with other people, there's really no way to avoid it (unless you're absolutely committed to it, which will involve very heavy sacrifices). Even if you wanted to be a complete sociopath, it's still in your benefit to treat other people as objects that can work to your benefit if you know how to handle them. If you objectify and disrespect people, they're not going to be willing to work with you, so being able to empathize (or even put up a convincing facade) is a good skill to learn. This is something that most intelligent sociopaths generally realize and accept.

Unfortunately though, similar to the other thread, I don't think the author of the opening post actually cares enough about discussion, and really just wants to post vapid pseudo-philosophical cliches for attention.

choof 01-5-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4392351)

Unfortunately though, similar to the other thread, I don't think the author of the opening post actually cares enough about discussion, and really just wants to post vapid pseudo-philosophical cliches for attention.

what gave you this idea

SCWolf 01-6-2016 05:01 AM

Empathy is a real thing most people feel

Frank Munoz 01-6-2016 05:28 AM

New thread topic

why do we think?
why must we all have different perspectives and not just think the same things regardless of our own personal experiences?

why are do we us?

-JiZ53- 01-7-2016 03:20 AM

Quote:

If you want an objective reason to care about other people, the most convincing practical argument that I can come up with is that it is simply objectively beneficial to cooperate with other people.

Take any economics 101 class and you'll understand this. If people specialized in particular jobs, they would collectively get more done. A basic math problem can demonstrate proof of concept on a micro-level. On a larger scale, it's much easier to observe through example: It's completely unfeasible and absurd to imagine that a single human being is capable of producing a modern computer from circuit components, let alone nature. Yet humanity as a whole has not only done that, but can also mass produce it on a level that makes it accessible for most any middle-class person.

Your entire life is inevitably going to involve interactions with other people, there's really no way to avoid it (unless you're absolutely committed to it, which will involve very heavy sacrifices). Even if you wanted to be a complete sociopath, it's still in your benefit to treat other people as objects that can work to your benefit if you know how to handle them. If you objectify and disrespect people, they're not going to be willing to work with you, so being able to empathize (or even put up a convincing facade) is a good skill to learn. This is something that most intelligent sociopaths generally realize and accept.

You somehow managed to write four inane paragraphs while completely missing the point of my question. If you had taken How To Not Be an Idiot 101, you might have learned that everything you wrote is completely wrong and that cooperating with people isnt the same thing as caring about people. Unfortunately though, similar to most of your other posts, I don't think you actually care enough about discussion, and really just want to post vapid pseudo-philosophical cliches for attention.[/quote]

reuben_tate 01-7-2016 06:39 AM

I feel with the previous discussion we've somewhat arrived at a conclusion in regards to "why should we at least pretend to care about people?"

So that raises the question of "Why should we genuinely care as opposed to just pretending to care about people?" As I said earlier, addressing this is difficult. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that genuinely caring is less stressful and mentally exhausting than pretending to care in my opinion; pretending to care would involve creating, developing, and maintaining an entire life-long facade and that doesn't sound very fun to do.

Rapta 01-7-2016 11:06 AM

It depends on what each individual wants for themselves. If more people genuinely cared about others, the good coming from that would be a world with better morals which seems like a nice idea. Some people are depressed because they feel like nobody cares or nobody actually does care about them, so if you can care about someone you should for their sake, usually oneself feels good when helping others. Did I interpret your question right? .-.

stargroup100 01-13-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

What good is it to care about the feelings or welfare of other people?

The good that comes from caring about people is that it motivates people to cooperate with each other, and then my argument above follows. I did in fact answer your question, I just assumed that this much was already obvious and I didn't need to explain it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4393427)
...cooperating with people isnt the same thing as caring about people.

Semantics. If you were referring to "caring" as strictly an emotional response you should not have phrased the question the way you did. On top of that, you'd be proving my point. As strictly an emotional response, no one can make you care about anything [directly], so asking people to convince you to care is vapid and attention-seeking.

We can teach and influence people to care about stuff by explaining or demonstrating objective reasons that relates to things the person already cares about. This is why I phrased the response the way I did. It is a general blanket concept that gives everyone a reason to care about other people. If you actually cared to care about other people and learn something, you'd take the argument for what it is and relate it to your own reason to care and contribute to the discussion with meaningful responses. By being salty and snapping back at me you're showing that what you actually cared about was being part of a conversation and your own ego, regardless of content.

P.S. Thanks for the "your files suck" comment on my wall. I appreciate all kinds of feedback. ;P

-JiZ53- 01-15-2016 09:47 AM

I think we should care about other people because love nourishes the soul, and a man without love is a man with a tormented soul. I am not speaking of physical love, but of love that comes from the soul. love that comes from a desire to better yourself through the union with another, not parasitically, but symbiotically.

25thhour 01-15-2016 10:18 AM

This is a good question, as there are many answers.

One can argue we only care about other people because it makes us feel worthy, or better. This in a way can be looked at as rather selfish, as we are only doing it because it makes us feel better.

Another way to think about is just because humanity, for the most part has raised us to be compassionate, and care about others. This may not always be genuine, but for the most part, myself and the people whom I choose to surround myself with do that very thing; we are compassionate, and truly do care about others. In a way this makes people like us vulnerable as we can be easier to take advantage of by those who "act" like they care.

stargroup100 01-16-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4396249)
I think we should care about other people because love nourishes the soul, and a man without love is a man with a tormented soul. I am not speaking of physical love, but of love that comes from the soul. love that comes from a desire to better yourself through the union with another, not parasitically, but symbiotically.

word salad

define soul
what you just said literally means nothing

all you wanna do is listen to yourself talk. if you already have an answer [to your shitty question], why are you "quizzing" us?

-JiZ53- 01-16-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4396436)
word salad

define soul

all you wanna do is listen to yourself talk. if you already have an answer [to your shitty question], why are you "quizzing" us?

I predicted this response from you. Perhaps you should learn to think figuratively. I see no point in discussing this with somebody so hostile. It's ironic that all of your responses to this thread have been meaningless to me and have provided no insight to the topic. This combined with the pretense of your stance are why I do not see any reason to care about your posts or discuss this topic with you. If you do not know of the soul, I suggest you read some philosophy.

_Zenith_ 01-16-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4396436)
word salad

define soul

lmao best post in this thread

stargroup100 01-19-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4396446)
I predicted this response from you.

you have to be near my level first

Quote:

Perhaps you should learn to think figuratively. I see no point in discussing this with somebody so hostile. It's ironic that all of your responses to this thread have been meaningless to me and have provided no insight to the topic. This combined with the pretense of your stance are why I do not see any reason to care about your posts or discuss this topic with you.

it's not ironic, it's because you're stupid

Quote:

If you do not know of the soul, I suggest you read some philosophy.

***** you can't even define philosophy without a dictionary

-JiZ53- 01-19-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4397003)
you have to be near my level first

it's not ironic, it's because you're stupid

***** you can't even define philosophy without a dictionary

the childish nature of your responses in this thread seem to indicate that you are an individual dealing with a lot of frustration. I hope that you can find something to ease your troubled mind. I guarantee that directing your frustration at me is futile. you are like a child, imagine that I am your mother, here to soothe you.

now stargroup100, have you had anything to eat today? we all know how baby gets when he hasn't had his num-num. here suck on this pacifier, mommy is going to go in her room and read big kid books

_Zenith_ 01-19-2016 03:31 PM

lmao the contradictions you make jiz are prime

-JiZ53- 01-19-2016 03:34 PM

where did I contradict myself?

dashoe93 01-19-2016 03:50 PM

Why should I take a "philosophy" lesson from someone who calls themself something that comes out of my penis when I ejaculate.

Also, if you want to have an intelligent conversation, stop being a dick and insulting people who are arguing with you, especially if they're winning. It's always clear when someone is losing when they have to resort to such nonsense.

-JiZ53- 01-19-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4397058)
Why should I take a "philosophy" lesson from someone who calls themself something that comes out of my penis when I ejaculate.

Also, if you want to have an intelligent conversation, stop being a dick and insulting people who are arguing with you, especially if they're winning. It's always clear when someone is losing when they have to resort to such nonsense.

If this is directed at me, I don't know what to say. stargroup insulted me in his first post. in my responses, I did acknowledge his insults, and i returned them in kind. after I responded to one of his posts he brushed my response away with one word; "semantics"(irony). at this point, I saw that any discussion with him was futile because he is so preoccupied with being "right" and me being "wrong" that the merit of my posts would be lost in his quest of ego proving. what we have now is a battle of egos, the question at hand doesn't matter, it's who's "right, who's "winning"... I don't really care for it, but my pride compells me to respond to such idiotic attacks on my character...and that is where we are now

stargroup100 01-20-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397070)
If this is directed at me, I don't know what to say. stargroup insulted me in his first post. in my responses, I did acknowledge his insults, and i returned them in kind. after I responded to one of his posts he brushed my response away with one word; "semantics"(irony). at this point, I saw that any discussion with him was futile because he is so preoccupied with being "right" and me being "wrong" that the merit of my posts would be lost in his quest of ego proving. what we have now is a battle of egos, the question at hand doesn't matter, it's who's "right, who's "winning"... I don't really care for it, but my pride compells me to respond to such idiotic attacks on my character...and that is where we are now

My good sir, please do recognize exactly the position you are in. This is not a battle between Mario and Bowser. This is not a battle between a man and his mother-in-law. This is a battle between a gladiator and a fucking tomato. This is not a battle of wits. This is not a battle of the mind. This is a recreational exercise for me to see how badly I can verbally destroy someone who is basically a chicken waltzing into a den of wolves. It's a shame that this level of destruction doesn't translate physically. Your entire body would be paralyzed and your limbs slowly ripped off of your body. You are so brain-dead already that you have no idea just how badly you got served in this thread, and it is frankly embarrassing that your mouth is still open. I can't tell what would be more ironic: me getting banned/infractions for intellectually obliterating you in a critical thinking board or the fact that you're still in the critical thinking board.

I can just as easily put on a pompous tone of arrogant intellectualism to shut down every "argument" you have put forth (if you can even call them that). You cannot convey what you mean through English words, claiming that we must be able to think "figuratively". The question you posed is therefore not exactly what you meant, making it open and vague, baiting nearly every member that frequents this board into replying to you, each providing you with a different response to address your question. Despite the numerous decent responses, none of them satisfied you because you believe you have the correct answer, when it is in fact word salad. This shows that you are a whore who craves the attention of your peers, you are deluded in your perceived own intelligence, and you are incapable of being kind and thinking of anyone but yourself. No wonder you're going through so many personal troubles, it must suck to be a person that nobody likes. Are you feeling butthurt about our philosophical conversation on caring about people? Let's insult the person's FFR levels. Yes, that'll show him. I'm sure this puts him in his place and now he understands who the superior mind is.

Oh wait I'm sorry. I'm supposed to do this your way. Ahem.

If you understood my argument, you'll realize that the tangible benefits of cooperation are tied to the soul, and therefore become the essence of caring about people. By experiencing cooperation, you connect your chi to the ethereal realm, and that causes a influx of quantum leaps that alter your soul. Slowly, this shapes your soul and satisfies it in a way that leads to transcendental self-actualization, and that epiphany will make people care. OOOH BABY DESTROYED i bet you can't counter this argument

Please go back to school and stay out of trouble. And if that's too hard for you, please just use a condom every time you need to suck dick for money.

NeonSM 01-20-2016 11:09 AM

Doesn't seem like an exercise in cognition to me. The statement that you've made makes me wonder why you would waste your breath on this user.

stargroup100 01-20-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonSM (Post 4397202)
Doesn't seem like an exercise in cognition to me. The statement that you've made makes me wonder why you would waste your breath on this user.

In all seriousness, I meant to improvise that response, but my mind worked slower than I what I would've liked. Being able to pull creative insults on the fly and spewing bullshit is a legitimate skill (im not condoning harmful use of these things, im just saying it's a skill). I just figured that I might as well post it since I already typed it up and it might drive that guy out of this board since he doesn't positively contribute here imo.

-JiZ53- 01-20-2016 12:57 PM

any further discussion with stargroup is futile because he is so preoccupied with being "right" and me being "wrong" that the merit of my posts would be lost in his quest of ego proving. what we have now is a battle of egos, the question at hand doesn't matter, it's who's "right, who's "winning"... I don't really care for it

_Zenith_ 01-20-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397208)
any further discussion with stargroup is futile because he is so preoccupied with being "right" and me being "wrong" that the merit of my posts would be lost in his quest of ego proving. what we have now is a battle of egos, the question at hand doesn't matter, it's who's "right, who's "winning"... I don't really care for it

Just admit he bent you over like the little bitch you are and move away from this thread. :^ )

-JiZ53- 01-20-2016 01:11 PM

:roll:

You know, id like to meet you irl and see if you call me a little bitch to my face.

stargroup100 01-20-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397216)

You know, id like to meet you irl and see if you call me a little bitch to my face.

oh shit im so scared please dont hurt me

leonid 01-20-2016 01:20 PM

Nice critical thinkings

-JiZ53- 01-20-2016 01:38 PM

Just wanted to say, I've received 30 day bans for posts in ct half as conflagrant as zenith's above post. If he gets anything short of a ban then I have no faith in the administration here. Justaguy gets banned for posting similarly in the nrag board. Attractive gets banned on a whim and hereis this guy calling people "little bitches" in critical thinking!!!

Requesting lock

_Zenith_ 01-20-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

If you're truly 14 then I would be scared of losing a lung due to laughter.

Bans don't scare me because I could care less; I'll speak my mind and surely serve a ban for speaking my mind.

NeonSM 01-20-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Oh, I see now.

_Zenith_ 01-20-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4386875)
You bring up the most pointless of questions that it isn't worth any persons time to answer, especially if you're going to ridicule the answers given.

The answer is humanity.

Oh nice, I already gave my //2c that was ignored from you because of the truth. :^ )

stargroup100 01-20-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397246)
Just wanted to say, I've received 30 day bans for posts in ct half as conflagrant as zenith's above post.

we don't care where you post as long as it's not critical thinking

idiots dont belong here

dashoe93 01-20-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397246)
Requesting lock

Ha

Izzy 01-20-2016 03:15 PM

Humans aren't evolved to survive entirely alone. Ensuring other people live and want you to live benefits both parties.

This doesn't really rule out the possibility of being a sociopath and just playing along to get the benefits without any emotional attachment though.

-JiZ53- 01-21-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Your pretense of objectivity is fallacious. Objectively beneficial by what metric? Saying that something is "simply objectively beneficial" may sound nice to you, but your notion of objectivity rests on faulty grounds. To say ythat your opinion of what is beneficial is "objective" is arrogance. You need to elaborate on your notion of "objectively beneficial". Simply saying that something is objective doesn't make it so.

Deadlyx39 01-21-2016 04:24 PM

The fact that this thread is still alive amazes me.

_Zenith_ 01-21-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4398010)
The fact that this thread is still alive after he requested a lock amazes me.

ftfy

stargroup100 01-21-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397953)
Objectively beneficial by what metric?

Quote:

Clearly you ignored this entire paragraph.

If you're going to nitpick "objectively beneficial" I'm pretty sure your words are far more questionable:
Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4396249)
love nourishes the soul, and a man without love is a man with a tormented soul. I am not speaking of physical love, but of love that comes from the soul.

Your pretense of love is fallacious. Nourishes by what metric? Saying that "love nourishes the soul" may sound nice to you, but your notion of "the soul" rests on faulty grounds. To say that your opinion of what is a soul is correct is arrogance. You need to elaborate on your notion of "love and soul". Simply saying that love nourishes the soul doesn't make it so.

This is why we think you're full of shit and do not belong here. You're using big fancy words, but you can't even form a basic argument with them. You completely ignore what anyone else says and just spew shitty fallacious arguments that in theory could apply to anything. You care more about how the words sound than their content.

Deadlyx39 01-21-2016 05:06 PM

-JiZ53- 01-21-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4398030)
Clearly you ignored this entire paragraph.

If you're going to nitpick "objectively beneficial" I'm pretty sure your words are far more questionable:

Your pretense of love is fallacious. Nourishes by what metric? Saying that "love nourishes the soul" may sound nice to you, but your notion of "the soul" rests on faulty grounds. To say that your opinion of what is a soul is correct is arrogance. You need to elaborate on your notion of "love and soul". Simply saying that love nourishes the soul doesn't make it so.

This is why we think you're full of shit and do not belong here. You're using big fancy words, but you can't even form a basic argument with them. You completely ignore what anyone else says and just spew shitty fallacious arguments that in theory could apply to anything.

You completely avoided my question and point. The difference between what I said and what you said, is that I did not claim that my statement was objective. If you get something from my statement on love, cool. If you don't get anything from it, cool. The fact that man has created the computer is no proof of the objective benefit that you claim. Again, your notion of objectivity is fallacious. The entire crux of your arguement is fallacious. This is not about me, this is about you making a mockery of the word "objective". You think that throwing that word around gives your argument any authority?

also, when I say that love nourishes the soul, I am referring to a physical process that CAN be measured objectively. for being in love does cause changes in the brain/body(soul). these changes and their effects on an individuals perception/state of being are what I refer to when I speak of nourishment of the soul. I don't like to speak of such beautiful things using dry language though. you can describe a spring breeze as a 15mph gust from the sw, but feeling the breeze on your skin is another thing entirely.

and to elaborate on my concept of the soul(I don't care to debate this btw, I have thought about this for years and my ideas have only grown stronger. if you find my ideas disagreeable then good for you, you wont change what I know) I believe the soul is the energy that animates us. we are a medium through which the forces of life are expressed. these ancient energies that animate us have existed forever and will continue to exist after our bodies have lost their form. we are instruments and the soul is music. our forms will die and never will "we" play music again.... but that which played through us will continue into the abyss and will make sweet music forever more.

stargroup100 01-21-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4398039)
You completely avoided my question and point. The difference between what I said and what you said, is that I did not claim that my statement was objective. If you get something from my statement on love, cool. If you don't get anything from it, cool. The fact that man has created the computer is no proof of the objective benefit that you claim. Again, your notion of objectivity is fallacious. The entire crux of your arguement is fallacious. This is not about me, this is about you making a mockery of the word "objective". You think that throwing that word around gives your argument any authority?

Yes let's have a rational debate and not be allowed to make objective claims. Because they are arrogant and fallacious. Good thinking, that makes sense.

Quote:

I don't like to speak of such beautiful things using dry language though.

The purpose here is to convince people with argument, not be the reincarnation of Shakespeare.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4398030)
You care more about how the words sound than their content.

Quote:

and to elaborate on my concept of the soul(I don't care to debate this btw, I have thought about this for years and my ideas have only grown stronger. if you find my ideas disagreeable then good for you, you wont change what I know) I believe the soul is the energy that animates us. we are a medium through which the forces of life are expressed. these ancient energies that animate us have existed forever and will continue to exist after our bodies have lost their form. we are instruments and the soul is music. our forms will die and never will "we" play music again.... but that which played through us will continue into the abyss and will make sweet music forever more.

If that isn't perfect prediction of someone's response then I don't know what is.

stargroup100 01-22-2016 08:11 AM

You seriously just made another account just to downvote my profile?

I've pointed out several times in this thread that you do shit like this and you continue to do exactly what I predict. Good job LMAO

edit: im fkin dying send help

-JiZ53- 01-22-2016 08:57 AM

You still have managed to avoid my point and have instead posted pictures of me withput my permission. You are not interested in debate. You are interested in pretense and lies. You have not been able to counter my posts regarding your concept of "objectiviy" and instead have tried to make this about me. You are not the genius you think you are. You are average at best. You use words like "objective", "word salad" and "semantics" incorrectly. You have a lot to learn, child.

dashoe93 01-22-2016 09:49 AM

Jiz, you literally went out of your way to insult me and stargroup because you were losing an argument.

From my tgb thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4397177)
Nobody cares. Go fuck yourself

Why are you still trying to debate anything when you even give evidence that you don't know what else to do but downvote profiles and throw out derogatory statements. You're more delusional than I am right now. Stop.

-JiZ53- 01-22-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4398308)
Jiz, you literally went out of your way to insult me and stargroup because you were losing an argument.

From my tgb thread:

Why are you still trying to debate anything when you even give evidence that you don't know what else to do but downvote profiles and throw out derogatory statements. You're more delusional than I am right now. Stop.

If you have an issue with me, take it to tgb. There has been no evidence given. Again, simply saying that something is a certain way doesn't make it so. I guess this has become the antagonize jiz thread. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post. If I got your panties in a bunch in tgb, sorry dude..I guess you'll just have to deal with ot

stargroup100 01-22-2016 11:04 AM

You still have managed to avoid my point and have instead tried to deflect the problem back at me. You are not interested in debate. You are interested in listening to yourself talk. You have not been able to counter my posts addressing everything wrong with your arguments and instead have tried to make this about me. You are not the genius you think you are. You are an idiot at best. You use words like "soul", "pretense" and "fallacious" incorrectly. You have a lot to learn, child.

stargroup100 01-22-2016 11:11 AM

dashoe93 01-22-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4398311)
If you have an issue with me, take it to tgb. There has been no evidence given. Again, simply saying that something is a certain way doesn't make it so. I guess this has become the antagonize jiz thread. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post. If I got your panties in a bunch in tgb, sorry dude..I guess you'll just have to deal with ot

I haven't contributed a damn thing, but it's still more than the garbage you spew out daily. I wonder if my post will suddenly make you hostile on my profile page where you think it means anything. It doesn't. Or perhaps create a "dahoe93" account to give yourself a giggle. If you are losing a debate, and literally everyone else in the thread sees it, give up. Accept it, and move on. If you're really getting all worked up over a thread, I'd hate to see you encounter actual real life problems.

And don't even tell me that your Jimmies aren't rustled, because there's so much evidence proving that they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4398318)
That's ok because nobody really cares about your posts anyway shoe boy

And you keep adding to it. It's hilarious. I don't even have to do anything to prove this.

MinaciousGrace 01-22-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4398038)

dude sorry to break it to you but this is how everyone sees your posts too

go blame it on the wrath of god or some other similarly retarded copout

or maybe you can take some time out of your insanely productive life to realize you're a shit poster who has never contributed positively to any discussion ever and either stop posting or figure out how to not make comments so inane that despite the wealth of other retards on these forums i have been driven to single you out as the most fucking worthless of them all

in fact if we assigned point value the to functional meaning/worth of statements your entire posting history would sum to 0

in conclusion: fuck you

Spenner 01-22-2016 04:07 PM

Holy shit this thread is evolving into the a perfect epitome of the theme of the title. We're all turning on one another.

For my contribution, I think you should evaluate people on an individual basis, and see if there is a mutual acceptance of one another, comparative empathy, and then decide if you want to make sacrifices of any sort, or start on any tit-for-tat kind of interaction. By default, have a bit of vigilance but always understand the underlying potential for people to be part of reciprocal altruism, or straight up feeling good about being around other people who have the common grounds of being human, and living a confusing but interesting life.

TheSaxRunner05 01-22-2016 04:14 PM

-JiZ53- went to the "Donald Trump School" of "How to form an argument"

-JiZ53- 01-22-2016 05:04 PM

If you are impressed by stargroup's constant red herrings and ad hominem then I think you might have gone to the terry schaivo school of critical thinking

_Zenith_ 01-22-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4398657)
If you are impressed by stargroup's constant red herrings and ad hominem then I think you might have gone to the terry schaivo school of critical thinking

Still awaiting that lock.

stargroup100 01-22-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4398612)
Holy shit this thread is evolving into the a perfect epitome of the theme of the title. We're all turning on one another.

no its only jiz

Spenner 01-22-2016 06:46 PM

He's kind of a central image of the thread and is in a sense orchestrating the chaos, of which we are all instruments playing in tune. So perhaps it's just a ripple effect, Jiz is like a pebble dropping into the FFR pond. However I don't think he's purely instigating, he's just a unique character with a bit of sociopathy.

Metaphors.

For the record, I care about people for many reasons :o) even Jiz. Do I have too much empathy? Yes. But I wouldn't trade it for hatred.

ilikexd 01-22-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4398693)
However I don't think he's purely instigating, he's just a unique character with a bit of sociopathy.

No, he's clearly trolling. He did this before, and he trolls/instigates on this website all the time.

Stargroup already knows that and even pointed it out in his first reply, so why this thread managed to generate all this discussion is beyond me.

Quote:

Frank Munoz 01-22-2016 08:13 PM

FFR"Mania"