Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bring back the downvote (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142546)

-JiZ53- 08-10-2015 07:02 PM

Bring back the downvote

I know profiles might not be the top priority of most of the developers/ administrators right now, but i think it's time the downvote was brought back as an option. Is this possible? Feasible? A popular idea? If you want to bring back the downvote post in here and let the administrators know.

Riotpolice 08-10-2015 08:13 PM

Re: Bring back the downvote

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Leave the profile voting system the way it is.

-JiZ53- 08-10-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riotpolice (Post 4349070)
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Leave the profile voting system the way it is.

What an ironic thing to say. The profile voting system wasn't broken before and it was changed to remove the downvote. What was broken in the previous two vote system? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ksl33zy24 08-10-2015 08:27 PM

Down voting just makes everyone mad.

-JiZ53- 08-10-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksl33zy24 (Post 4349074)
Down voting just makes everyone mad.

To be honest, I am mad that downvotes were removed.

leonid 08-10-2015 08:33 PM

Let's revive downvote and remove upvote

_Zenith_ 08-10-2015 08:35 PM

posting in a meme thread

-JiZ53- 08-10-2015 08:44 PM

I started this thread in earnest. As silly as it may seem, this is not a joke.

Lost Potential 08-10-2015 08:45 PM

With the removal of the downvote it becomes less about passing judgement on a person and more about acknowledging their presence.
Which to be honest is a more pleasant environment to be in.

If you really need a few pixels to let strangers on the internet know you don't like them, you must be a sad, petty person.
if you don't like someone, don't acknowledge them. Or tell them.
If you're incapable of articulating how you feel towards others to such an extent you need a button of disapproval, you're a silly person.
say you manage to get your way, you'll be the first profile whose downward thumb pixels I'll click.
-1 on an arbitrary, pointless counter of internet popularity on an old video game that some people sometimes play. That'll show ya.

-JiZ53- 08-11-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Potential (Post 4349079)
With the removal of the downvote it becomes less about passing judgement on a person and more about acknowledging their presence.
Which to be honest is a more pleasant environment to be in.

If you really need a few pixels to let strangers on the internet know you don't like them, you must be a sad, petty person.
if you don't like someone, don't acknowledge them. Or tell them.
If you're incapable of articulating how you feel towards others to such an extent you need a button of disapproval, you're a silly person.
say you manage to get your way, you'll be the first profile whose downward thumb pixels I'll click.
-1 on an arbitrary, pointless counter of internet popularity on an old video game that some people sometimes play. That'll show ya.

it's ironic(i use that word again) how negative you are in your opposition to the downvote. it's ironic how negatively you speak of my character and my intentions simply because i want to be able to click a thumbs up or thumbs down on profiles. i did not explicitly say that i was going to downvote every profile i saw, nor did i say that i wanted to downvote people to express my disdain for them; those are all assumptions that you made. you have misconstrued my motivations for bringing back the downvote. it is also ironic how you have you used "a few pixels to let a stranger know that you dont like them". you have called me a "sad, petty person"; these insults are groundless and i can assure you that you know very little of my motivations or understanding of this matter. all i can do is give you your own advice "if you dont like someone, dont acknowledge them or tell them".

Lambdadelta 08-11-2015 02:51 AM

lol

TheRapingDragon 08-11-2015 03:06 AM

Remove both upvoting and downvoting. Julius Caesar used the thumb to condemn men to death for nothing more than societal joy and we still see this as an acceptable form of communication?

Can we not rise above this oppression and free ourselves from the shackles of popularity and the need to be accepted?

Thumbed voting is the new dark ages of society. With it, we will never put a man on Mars. We will never cure cancer. People will be too busy downvoting a person's dress or the words spoken and the layout of their digital space rather than actions.

XelNya 08-11-2015 03:40 AM

Might as well just outright remove them.

Because some hypersensitive idiot is gonna take it the wrong way and complain later down the road, might as well just cut the headache at the source before it happens.

Rapta 08-11-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Julius Caesar used the thumb to condemn men to death for nothing more than societal joy and we still see this as an acceptable form of communication?
Hitler ruined the image of the Swastika. A symbol that meant something much different because of what what he (Hitler) did. I don't think we should let Julius ruin our conception of the thumbs up just because of the way he used it.

XelNya 08-11-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Potential (Post 4349349)
Xel don't hate on the hypersensitive idiots *crying in a corner or something*

Or they could stop being hypersensitive idiots.

It's a lot less work for me if they do all the work.

ShadowDueler97 08-11-2015 07:02 AM

Thank flaming dingleberry lolololol

XelNya 08-11-2015 07:29 AM

THANK YOU, ONE WHO IS THE ALMIGHTY

Actually no, let's thank the hypersensitive idiots for being hypersensitive idiots.

I like that one better.

Lost Potential 08-11-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4349353)
Or they could stop being hypersensitive idiots.

It's a lot less work for me if they do all the work.

replying to a deleted post, haha.

I didn't feel like being a petty fuck bringing myself down to his level with hopes of some kind of rational debate, but I'm drunk so lemme make the most of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349333)
it's ironic(i use that word again) how negative you are in your opposition to the downvote. it's ironic how negatively you speak of my character and my intentions simply because i want to be able to click a thumbs up or thumbs down on profiles. i did not explicitly say that i was going to downvote every profile i saw, nor did i say that i wanted to downvote people to express my disdain for them; those are all assumptions that you made. you have misconstrued my motivations for bringing back the downvote. it is also ironic how you have you used "a few pixels to let a stranger know that you dont like them". you have called me a "sad, petty person"; these insults are groundless and i can assure you that you know very little of my motivations or understanding of this matter. all i can do is give you your own advice "if you dont like someone, dont acknowledge them or tell them".

I don't recall assuming a thing, you haven't refuted a single point I made nor have you stated your case as to why FFR (not just you) needs downvotes in the first place. "because I want it" isn't a valid answer. You say I misconstrued your words yet you misquoted me, I can't tell if it was an intentional twist of my words or you're just an idiot.
"if you don't like someone, don't acknowledge them. Or tell them." (tell them you don't like them.) Sorry I didn't make that clearer for you. before you assume I'm misconstruing your words, make sure you aren't misconstruing mine. I still think you're sad for needing this vice to express your negativity towards others. I'm not trying to cause an argument (though a less-than-friendly debate is fine), I simply want you to defend your suggestion with a reason.
Why?

Why
do we need downvotes?
And why do you think the FFR staff don't anything better to do than to advocate negativity?
Enlighten me. Your "motivation" and "understanding of the matter" are simply too deep and profound for me to work out on my own.

I understand I'm being negative towards you and your ideas, and you feel it's ironic. But at least I've substantiated a reason as to why. All you've done is complain things are changing and deconstructed my points. I'd like to hear some of yours.

mfw I'm arguing with a monkey great ape

XelNya 08-11-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Potential (Post 4349357)
But at least I've substantiated a reason as to why.

Here's the issue

you haven't

Lost Potential 08-11-2015 08:22 AM

nice bait
Quote:

I made it clear in my first sentence, it's overall a more positive environment without downvotes.

[redacted]
too many drinks for a coherant rebuttal, I'll try again tomorrow

XelNya 08-11-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Potential (Post 4349362)
nice bait

I made it clear in my first sentence, it's overall a more positive environment without downvotes. If we still feel the urge to hate on another, well than we actually have to use a braincell or two to construct a sentence. Which caries more weight than a simple click of a button.
Using their brains is deterring for people who go around senselessly spreading hate anyways, so no button = less hate
Sure it's not in anyway noticable, and the hate that's left over is certainly more noticable but.. Wow, I've just contradicted myself...
Give the monkey what he wants! It's a matter of efficiency! Keep the hate discrete! Fight the powah! I need to sleep.

You think getting rid of the down-vote solves anything? No. It does nothing but encourage someone like myself to post a comment that would honestly be (much) worse. And one can make the argument that by ignoring their profile you're now subtly down voting it because you don't care enough to click a button. Congrats, the problem is still there.

You accomplish nothing by leaving just the positive side other than being stupid. If you remove one, remove the other. You're just participating in circle jerking which is just fucking dumb. Just pick someone's house and have your group compliment orgy already.

Lost Potential 08-11-2015 09:24 AM

Listen, I really don't give a fuck about this button; I just don't think it's necessary to reinstate it.
When it's all up and no downs, it's more just showing strangers you've acknowledged they're active or whatever, it doesn't necessarily mean anyone is jerking anyone. It just becomes the lazy mans way of saying "hey I like your attitude" or "I see you're playing FlashFlashRevolution, I also enjoy this game and I acknowledge you're playing well" There is no detrimental effect from the thumbs up. Though the thumbs down causes nothing but animosity and childish quarrels (much like this one).
I hope this still makes sense in the morning
I vote literally every profile, unless I've been wronged by them; in which case I ignore them. no harm is done by that. those who receive a thumbs up are generally appreciative. those who don't... well there's no negative repercussions from not being voted, cause no one knows who has visited who's profile.
Pros: No animosity, no petty hate
Cons: Xelnya thinks it's a circlejerk, hate becomes verbalised which results in a diminished more-visible animosity.

lurker 08-11-2015 09:33 AM

as someone who is pro-autism i wholeheartedly agree with this

VisD 08-11-2015 11:06 AM

oh my god is this thread for real

VisD 08-11-2015 11:07 AM

and hitler was even invoked, unironically

nice

Mister_Raccoon 08-11-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349058)
I know profiles might not be the top priority of most of the developers/ administrators right now, but i think it's time the downvote was brought back as an option. Is this possible? Feasible? A popular idea? If you want to bring back the downvote post in here and let the administrators know.

Why do I feel like this is targeted?
Whose profile made you THAT mad where you were all, "DAMN, I wish I could downvote?"

Mister_Raccoon 08-11-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4349365)
You think getting rid of the down-vote solves anything? No. It does nothing but encourage someone like myself to post a comment that would honestly be (much) worse. And one can make the argument that by ignoring their profile you're now subtly down voting it because you don't care enough to click a button. Congrats, the problem is still there.

You accomplish nothing by leaving just the positive side other than being stupid. If you remove one, remove the other. You're just participating in circle jerking which is just fucking dumb. Just pick someone's house and have your group compliment orgy already.

Wow. I can't even process a scenario where I've hated some random on the internet sooooooo much that my options were either to downvote a profile or spew virulent rhetoric like some weirdo from gaiaonline.

Y'all need some more weed in your lives.

TheRapingDragon 08-11-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4349348)
I don't think we should let Julius ruin our conception of the thumbs up just because of the way he used it.

Then let me take you further back. Back to a time when it wasn't just thumbs but fingers that ruled the world, back to the time of Jesus Christ. Look at this picture:

This is the fabled image of Caiaphas mocking Jesus' having but one profile upvote. Note the sneering disbelief written over the face of Caphy, the dejected look from JC as if to say 'why should it matter, my son' and the pompous, punchable face of that guy in the centre, Mr Mockastopheles himself, who had gathered no less than 30,000 upvotes around Jerusalem and was therefore 30,000 times more popular and believable than Jesus.

Now Jesus fought against this oppression all his life. All the way up to his last year on Earth. Look at one of the final pictures taken of him:

Here we see the High Priest Annas continue to be absolutely flabbergasted by Jesus having a solitary follower (that follower if you're curious was Peter, who can be seen peering out from behind the curtain behind the priest, but he denied it and claimed it was an error of parchment)

Mr Center of Attention, the one striking the Dancing Queen pose, is about to hit Jesus for this lack of popularity. Even when the one on the right tries to calm proceedings and claim that he would follow Jesus and upvote his status if it would save his skin.

Unfortunately that was too little too late. Jesus wasn't given a chance. Jesus was murdered.

Upvoting and downvoting killed Jesus.

And today? Even now Jesus fights a losing battle to cope with the vapid inclusion of up and down voting. Even today, Jesus has but 7,254 profile followers compared with a staggering 243,290 followers for a man mistakenly labeled the messiah.

Mister_Raccoon 08-11-2015 11:20 AM

lol Dragon...
That shit right there is pure gold!

MinaciousGrace 08-11-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 4349076)
Let's revive downvote and remove upvote

leonid was poke medley released in a pack apart from your originals or no

-JiZ53- 08-11-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Potential (Post 4349369)
Listen, I really don't give a fuck about this button; I just don't think it's necessary to reinstate it.
When it's all up and no downs, it's more just showing strangers you've acknowledged they're active or whatever, it doesn't necessarily mean anyone is jerking anyone. It just becomes the lazy mans way of saying "hey I like your attitude" or "I see you're playing FlashFlashRevolution, I also enjoy this game and I acknowledge you're playing well" There is no detrimental effect from the thumbs up. Though the thumbs down causes nothing but animosity and childish quarrels (much like this one).
I hope this still makes sense in the morning
I vote literally every profile, unless I've been wronged by them; in which case I ignore them. no harm is done by that. those who receive a thumbs up are generally appreciative. those who don't... well there's no negative repercussions from not being voted, cause no one knows who has visited who's profile.
Pros: No animosity, no petty hate
Cons: Xelnya thinks it's a circlejerk, hate becomes verbalised which results in a diminished more-visible animosity.

the thumbs up loses a lot of its meaning without its original counterpart: the thumbs down. for many years the downvote and upvote existed without any problems. if somebody gave you a thumbs up, you knew that they could have given you a thumbs down if they wanted to. if somebody gave you a thumbs down, it still counted towards your profile vote count; this was the way it was for a long time. there was no debate(to my knowledge) amongst the community about removing the downvote. it was changed one day out of nowhere by a user who had just become a part of the development staff. downvotes were removed and so were the vote counts, effectively doing away with years of ffr profile tradition. when you get a notification for a new profile vote, the downvote is still shown in the icon; a bitter reminder of the way things used to be. why was there a change in the first place? that is the real question. why was there no debate before they removed the downvote? i think that we should bring things back to how they used to be.

Buta-san 08-11-2015 03:45 PM

n

If you really don't like the person or profile why not just tell them on their wall or to their face.

mrpreggers 08-11-2015 04:07 PM

i like profiles so i know which ones I've visited like this comment if you agree

_Zenith_ 08-11-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpreggers (Post 4349425)
i like profiles so i know which ones I've visited like this comment if you agree

+1

Spenner 08-11-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buta-san (Post 4349424)
n

If you really don't like the person or profile why not just tell them on their wall or to their face.

If you LIKE someone, just tell them to their face. Both in-your-face gestures are more more vivid and pungent. Maybe you don't want to impose that you have hollow, dry hatred for someone to their face? Maybe they've made a public opinion that was really a wrong move. So, you go to thumbs the down, something private, to indicate your narrow slice of opinion of them.

Criticism in the form of a thumbs down, if done constructively, I wholeheartedly agree with. For those people just thumbs-down raiding profiles, who cares? It means nothing. Advertise to people that they need not take the downwards icon as a symbol of being a bad person. It's contextual, and sometimes the context is lack thereof (spammers).

But if you've genuinely been bad at a certain time of your life, what better way to catalog it than looking back at your profile vote history.

Proposal: maybe the option to change your vote. But all in all I vote yes. And with it, a campaign for how to properly receive a thumbs down vote, AND a thumbs up vote. A lot of people fish them out for selfish reasons and don't really mean it. Encourage the voting system being done with intent, and teach people how to properly respond to a vote they might get.

okdone

omega_grunt666 08-11-2015 06:22 PM

I think the point is, its fine to say you like something and leave it at that, but just saying you dislike something isn't constructive. You can comment on a feature or style you dislike and go into your reasoning. And the fact that most people don't really care if you dislike their profile, its not exactly an opt-in system.

Also dislikes being used to voice irrelevant opinions on peoples personal taste, So what if they're a Brony/Furry/Animu. You likely knew that from their avatar and are willingly subjecting yourself to something you already know you find intolerable.

Honestly, I feel it works better as a one vote popularity system, its just a number anyways.

dashoe93 08-11-2015 09:21 PM

This is literally a picture of a thumbs up or thumbs down on a profile for a Flash game. How anyone got into a debate over this is beyond me.

Starlight562 08-11-2015 09:42 PM

I believe in love and peace so no downvote for me.

I'll go and upvote everyone who commented in this thread if I haven't already.<3

Mister_Raccoon 08-11-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4349491)
This is literally a picture of a thumbs up or thumbs down on a profile for a Flash game. How anyone got into a debate over this is beyond me.

+300 Street Cred.

icontrolyourworld 08-11-2015 11:51 PM

People who voted no obviously mean to say yes because why else would they downvote the thread?
Bring back downvotes!

25thhour 08-12-2015 12:54 AM

fuck the down vote it was shit some cunt always down voted my beautiful profile pls

gold stinger 08-12-2015 01:13 AM

JiZ just wants downvote so that he can downvote everyone and continue being the edgy whitenoise that he is

-JiZ53- 08-12-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4349572)
JiZ just wants downvote so that he can downvote everyone and continue being the edgy whitenoise that he is

i dont even know who you are. apparently you know who i am, it's funny how that happens. btw i reported your post because it was rude and uncalled for. this thread is about downvotes and i am not the only person who wishes to bring back downvotes. in fact, i am confident that if i had worded the poll differently then more people would have voted in favor of the downvote. i feel that most of the people who voted have done so frivolously, without putting much thought or care into the issue. reverse psychology is a powerful thing. had i phrased the poll "do you think the down vote shouldnt be an option", the majority of people would probably have still voted no; but that is just a conjecture and i will have to wait another year before i republish another poll for the unwashed masses. maybe the administrators will bring back the downvote before i have to do that, who knows? i still dont understand why the downvote needed to be removed in the first place

Lambdadelta 08-12-2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon (Post 4349386)
Wow. I can't even process a scenario where I've hated some random on the internet sooooooo much that my options were either to downvote a profile or spew virulent rhetoric like some weirdo from gaiaonline.

Y'all need some more weed in your lives.

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349584)
i dont even know who you are. apparently you know who i am, it's funny how that happens. btw i reported your post because it was rude and uncalled for. this thread is about downvotes and i am not the only person who wishes to bring back downvotes. in fact, i am confident that if i had worded the poll differently then more people would have voted in favor of the downvote. i feel that most of the people who voted have done so frivolously, without putting much thought or care into the issue. reverse psychology is a powerful thing. had i phrased the poll "do you think the down vote shouldnt be an option", the majority of people would probably have still voted no; but that is just a conjecture and i will have to wait another year before i republish another poll for the unwashed masses. maybe the administrators will bring back the downvote before i have to do that, who knows? i still dont understand why the downvote needed to be removed in the first place

Dude you are suuuuuper full of yourself.
He doesn't know who you are. You're the topic creator, the person posing the poll, and so he referred to you by name for that reason and that reason alone.

No amount of wording, rewording, paraphrasing or editing of your original poll would have made a difference. It was a bad idea then. It's a bad idea now. Think about it man, just the way you've presented the question... and the way you've presented yourself... virtually guarantee that if, and I do mean IF, they ever reinstate it... YOU, sir are the most likely one to get bombed with downvotes.

Tell ya what, instead of whining about some arbitrary thing like downvotes, how about play the game? Join a tournament? Make some friends? Play me in USF4 or MK X? Smoke some weed and chill the hell out?

There are better things to do man.

Starlight562 08-12-2015 09:35 AM

I think everyone should go upvote one another to ease this tension.

_Zenith_ 08-12-2015 09:37 AM

gonna be that elephant in the room and just say one thing before a potential lock

this thread embodies why downvotes were probably removed in the first place

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4349615)
gonna be that elephant in the room and just say one thing before a potential lock

this thread embodies why downvotes were probably removed in the first place

Really? I thought, all things considered, this is pretty tame.
Not even close to out of control.

BerZerkR 08-12-2015 10:09 AM

Someone's feelings could get hurt man

-JiZ53- 08-12-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon (Post 4349612)
Dude you are suuuuuper full of yourself.
He doesn't know who you are. You're the topic creator, the person posing the poll, and so he referred to you by name for that reason and that reason alone.

No amount of wording, rewording, paraphrasing or editing of your original poll would have made a difference. It was a bad idea then. It's a bad idea now. Think about it man, just the way you've presented the question... and the way you've presented yourself... virtually guarantee that if, and I do mean IF, they ever reinstate it... YOU, sir are the most likely one to get bombed with downvotes.

Tell ya what, instead of whining about some arbitrary thing like downvotes, how about play the game? Join a tournament? Make some friends? Play me in USF4 or MK X? Smoke some weed and chill the hell out?

There are better things to do man.

dude youre a nub. go back to doing your nub things and stay away from things that are beyond your comprehension. ive been on this site for a long time and i know a lot more about it than you do. ive won many forum awards in my time and have seen many changes in the site. you've been posting on the forums for like two days. people know me, believe it.

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349709)
dude youre a nub. go back to doing your nub things and stay away from things that are beyond your comprehension. ive been on this site for a long time and i know a lot more about it than you do. ive won many forum awards in my time and have seen many changes in the site. you've been posting on the forums for like two days. people know me, believe it.

LMAO
This is a secondary account. I forgot the details to my original account which is pre-velocity. In other words, I'm not new to this. I've been on hiatus in the real world. Concentrating on my career and getting promoted and whatnot.

Besides, I don't need to have been around forever to identify when someone is being an irrational, arrogant, self-assured little pleeb. I identify types like that for a living.

Tl;DR: Stop taking yourself so damned seriously. We'd all appreciate it.

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 04:22 PM

Just realized your account has been active since just this past November.
And yet an account less than a month old still has more posts than you. Please just quit while you're ahead.

-JiZ53- 08-12-2015 04:27 PM

Just a friendly reminder to everyone: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DOWNVOTES

if your post does not relate to downvotes, take it to chit chat. this is not a place for personal attacks or immature diatribes. this is a place for reasonable debate on the subject of downvotes.

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349716)
Just a friendly reminder to everyone: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DOWNVOTES

if your post does not relate to downvotes, take it to chit chat. this is not a place for personal attacks or immature diatribes. this is a place for reasonable debate on the subject of downvotes.

Which is funny because...

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349709)

Can you please just stop now? I'm gonna pee myself from laughing so hard.

-JiZ53- 08-12-2015 04:39 PM

seriously you're ruining the thread, quit posting. btw if thats your secondary account, you should know that alternate accounts are frowned upon in the community.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DOWNVOTES. IF YOUR POST IS NOT ABOUT DOWNVOTES THEN DO NOT POST

Mister_Raccoon 08-12-2015 04:44 PM

Fine.

Just downvote remember downvote that downvote it downvote was downvote you downvote who downvote started downvote this downvote mess downvote to downvote begin downvote with.

Apparently downvote quoting downvote you downvote being downvote a downvote hypocrite downvote must downvote have downvote rubbed downvote you downvote the downvote wrong downvote way.

Reminds downvote me downvote of downvote someone downvote who downvote dishes downvote it downvote out downvote but downvote can't downvote take downvote it.

Mrs.Moonlight 08-12-2015 11:07 PM

I'm laughing at some of the posts on here...down-vote, no down-vote, who really cares? This game is fun, having a profile you can customize is a bonus...play the game and quit crying about something so trivial.

2EdgedVictory 08-13-2015 01:25 AM

I feel like I'm in still in high school after reading this thread.

Either that, or like I'm reading some silly comment argument under a youtube video.

-JiZ53- 08-13-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Moonlight (Post 4349812)
I'm laughing at some of the posts on here...down-vote, no down-vote, who really cares? This game is fun, having a profile you can customize is a bonus...play the game and quit crying about something so trivial.

exactly!!!! that's exactly why i wonder why the downvote was even removed in the first place!! who cares if you get a downvote!! get over it!! whoever thought it was a good idea to get rid of the downvotes was an idiot!!

ItsOnlyDanO 08-13-2015 03:01 AM

this thread is just bait

move along

-JiZ53- 08-13-2015 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO (Post 4349890)
this thread is just bait

move along

wrong and wrong. i sincerely want the downvote to be brought back... i'm, not the only one either

Rapta 08-13-2015 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349892)
wrong and wrong. i sincerely want the downvote to be brought back... i'm, not the only one either

You're acting like the majority of people want the down vote back. It's the opposite.

_Zenith_ 08-13-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349892)

Sigh...

DanO is 100% right and you are mentally incapable of knowing that he is right.

Downvoting was a fuel to some people that gave a negative experience to the ones they were performing the practice on, the downvote, yet did it ever cross your mind about the other side of this topic you want to bring up?

There is nearly a pros and cons list to everything, and this is why it shows up because with Downvoting, the cons heavily outweighed the pros and thus was removed.

That said, I doubt in my sanity that you will ever see the downvote be brought back, and this thread is certainly not influencing the need for the downvote back.

-JiZ53- 08-13-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4349913)
Sigh...

DanO is 100% right and you are mentally incapable of knowing that he is right.

Downvoting was a fuel to some people that gave a negative experience to the ones they were performing the practice on, the downvote, yet did it ever cross your mind about the other side of this topic you want to bring up?

There is nearly a pros and cons list to everything, and this is why it shows up because with Downvoting, the cons heavily outweighed the pros and thus was removed.

That said, I doubt in my sanity that you will ever see the downvote be brought back, and this thread is certainly not influencing the need for the downvote back.

you claim that i am "mentally incapable" but your writing is horrible. what this says about your mental capabilities i will leave open to interpretation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4349907)
You're acting like the majority of people want the down vote back. It's the opposite.

the people in this thread make up a small portion of FFR's actual user base. there is also a fair amount of thoughtless bandwagon behavior going on in this thread.

yo man im awesome 08-13-2015 02:03 PM

What in the fuck

reuben_tate 08-13-2015 05:44 PM

If downvotes are brought back, I'd like the ability for one to change their vote (I think someone else already suggested this somewhere else in the thread.) For two reasons,
1) Back when downvoting existed, there have been too many times where I've misclicked the thumbs down when I intended to click the thumbs up >.<
2) People's opinions of people change over time. If someone downvoted my profile, I'd like to do what I can to make myself a better person and fix any past wrongs I had with that person.

Mister_Raccoon 08-13-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349952)
you claim that i am "mentally incapable" but your writing is horrible. what this says about your mental capabilities i will leave open to interpretation.

Seriously? You're still on about this?
Fuck it. I'm not even going to bother explaining how you're contradicting yourself again today. I'll just do some proofreading instead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4349952)
You claim that I am "mentally incapable" but your writing is horrible. What this says about your mental capabilities I will leave open to interpretation.

I mean, seriously, how hard is that?
Couple of Oxford commas omitted too but that's none of my business.

Mister_Raccoon 08-13-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4350030)
*a bunch of stuff*
2) People's opinions of people change over time. If someone downvoted my profile, I'd like to do what I can to make myself a better person and fix any past wrongs I had with that person.

Faith in humanity RESTORED!

ilikexd 08-13-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon (Post 4350036)
Couple of Oxford commas omitted too, but that's none of my business.

Hey, you have to put a comma in between independent clauses joined by a coordinating conjunction.

-JiZ53- 08-13-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon (Post 4350036)
Seriously? You're still on about this?
Fuck it. I'm not even going to bother explaining how you're contradicting yourself again today. I'll just do some proofreading instead:

I mean, seriously, how hard is that?
Couple of Oxford commas omitted too but that's none of my business.

I don't care about capitalizing. As long as the meaning of what I write is easily understood, I am happy. Also, you should look up what an oxford comma is.

Compare my style of writing to this sentence below; the difference is quite obvious.

"Downvoting was a fuel to some people that gave a negative experience to the ones they were performing the practice on, the downvote, yet did it ever cross your mind about the other side of this topic you want to bring up?" -Zenith the "mentally capable" one

But...... this thread is not a place for editing each other's posts. This thread is about downvotes. I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to derail this thread.

_Zenith_ 08-13-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4350071)
But...... this thread is not a place for editing each other's posts. This thread is about downvotes. I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to derail this thread.

Read your own poll.

Evidently, no. Move along now.

mrpreggers 08-13-2015 08:12 PM

taking away my right to downvote was one of the most un-American things ever

KLiTz 08-13-2015 08:12 PM

Trooooooooooolllll

-JiZ53- 08-13-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4350075)
Read your own poll.

Evidently, no. Move along now.

If you look at the poll for combo scoring vs raw scoring, you will see that combo scoring had more votes. the admins still decided to switch to raw scoring. polls arent always a good indicator of what is best for the community.

Mister_Raccoon 08-13-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4350071)
I don't care about capitalizing. As long as the meaning of what I write is easily understood, I am happy. Also, you should look up what an oxford comma is.

Compare my style of writing to this sentence below; the difference is quite obvious.

"Downvoting was a fuel to some people that gave a negative experience to the ones they were performing the practice on, the downvote, yet did it ever cross your mind about the other side of this topic you want to bring up?" -Zenith the "mentally capable" one

Aside from the poor choice of wording ('fuel' without context or followup) I don't see your point about that post. But fair's fair. Just wanted to know you weren't as stupid and trollish as you portrayed yourself to be in the first couple pages of replies. Now I know you're not stupid. Just naturally trollish whether you realize it or not.

I'll back off.

But for frak's sake, man, try to hear someone else's point of view. You've made your point. We get it. You want the choice back. Removing them is coddling and/or pandering. You're so "don't-give-a-fuck" that you want people to know when you don't like them and you want everyone else to know you don't like someone too by means of a downvote.

Did I miss any of your other major talking points?

Now, try this... when someone gives a response as to WHY they're removed, especially if that person is a mod or actually carries weight around here, try LISTENING, absorbing the information, and trying to understand it. When you just shoot someone down right away it gives the impression that you don't care about a constructive conversation unless people agree with you.

YoshL 08-13-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JiZ53- (Post 4350079)
If you look at the poll for combo scoring vs raw scoring, you will see that combo scoring had more votes. the admins still decided to switch to raw scoring. polls arent always a good indicator of what is best for the community.

btw, if you're talking about the one stickied to the general talk forum, that's whether grandtotal should be calculated with raw or combo scoring, so your point becomes moot lol

XelNya 08-13-2015 10:13 PM

mrpreggers 08-14-2015 10:06 AM

i think it's time to call it quits

yo man im awesome 08-14-2015 11:34 AM

I mean yea only having upvotes is kinda circle-jerky and there was no good reason other than T R I G G E R E D to remove downvotes.

But

Why the fuck is that something people care about, profiles are dead.

Profiles are dead, the forums are on life-support, and the game is zombified.

If your biggest issue with the site is the lack of ability to downvote a profile (as un-American as it is), you might want to check your priorities for being on this site

leonid 08-14-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4349413)
leonid was poke medley released in a pack apart from your originals or no

IIRC it was also in a medley megapack or something of the sort