Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   This is absolutely ridiculous... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=107878)

StepmaniaGod6969 04-12-2009 10:58 AM

This is absolutely ridiculous...

Ok, this is really ridiculous. I don't know who would make a video like this but this is the city I live in. All I have to say is **** you canada!! I mean jesus dude do you damn canadiens really gotta make yourselves feel better by ripping on U.S. cities?? I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

http://www.thisaintflint.ca/

Tell me how you would feel if they(Canadiens) made this about your city. I mean yes this is how it is in Flint, but I don't know why anyone would make fun of us like this it's bad enough that my city sucks but we are trying to make it better.

ZC_Wolfy 04-12-2009 11:15 AM

Re: This is absolutely ridiculous...

was you offended
was you make feel bad

but srsly why overreact over one satirical site, there's no reason to get offended over it

EDIT: Ok so they try to make canada look better than the US, but still, there's no reason to overreact/be offended

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:16 AM

wow thats really f****d up man ... i just watched that ... im sorry but canada needs to be a little more ... non dramatic? they brought footage of 1989 compared to 2009 wth is that? they really are stupid sometimes, and no offense to canadiens, but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey, or even loudoun or fairfax county in virginia, both with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off

edit: yeah it would piss me off too, thats unethical and not fair to the us for canadas misbehavior on there stupidity issue. again not all of canada but on those that made that site.

Quigly 04-12-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3043376)
but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey,with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off

Hehe that's where I live. :>

rzr 04-12-2009 11:22 AM

Your ****ty ass grammar shames the rest of us Americans. Plus, you don't know how to spell Canadians. Piss off.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:25 AM

for one there damn words man, get over yourself, shames us americans? dude there are ppl that talk even worse than i do, im not professional, and i dont need to be outside of my business or my college, who the hell are you to contradict me on how i speak dick! get over yourself and seriously get a life:D

mellonxcollie 04-12-2009 11:28 AM

They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:30 AM

I agree. However, why would you want to compare something in 2009, to something that happened back in 1989? It does not even compare to a suitable comparison. In the late 80s early 90s, the economy was much different than it is today. For one, the value of the US dollar was different. Household buildings, businesses, living conditions were all different. How could you even remotely compare 2009 Ottawa to 1989 Flint?

richyrich55 04-12-2009 11:33 AM

Firstly, wow.

Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city. How would you feel if someone said, "F**k America! Everyone in America is a f**king douche!"? You would feel almost exactly like I feel right now. Maybe a little less. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE SAYING ALL OF CANADA IS STUPID. CANADA IS NOT YOUR LATRINE TO PISS IN! WE ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU! GET USED TO IT!

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:35 AM

First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote :D. Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.

ZC_Wolfy 04-12-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 (Post 3043365)
I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 3043403)
Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city

ya

**** ninja'd

richyrich55 04-12-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3043412)
First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote :D. Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.

I was saying that to all of America. Not just you and everyone else in the thread. American's seem to have the general consensus that Canadians are stupid, we live in igloo's, and we talk funny. WE DON'T! All I want is for you American's to know that Canadians are not stupid. We don't live in igloo's. And we don't all talk with an accent.

Example: The ISS would be f**ked if it wasn't for the CANADArm's 1 & 2.

Example: We live in fine dwellings in good cities.

Example: Most of Canada does not have an accent. That's the frenchy's in Quebec.

Oni-Paranoia 04-12-2009 11:50 AM

hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:50 AM

Dude. I know for a fact that Canadians are not stupid. I have a lot of friends who are part Canadian. I agree with you on that. However, blowing up about that in this thread about the video that either ONE person or Group of people posted isn't right. We don't have a problem with Canadians. Clearly put.

Edit: Oni, thank you for teaching us something we already knew. :D

Nyokou 04-12-2009 11:54 AM

Somewhat relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyGiHE0yU4o

fido123 04-12-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3043445)
hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties

Are all Puerto Ricans dumb as ****? Yeah you're the military super power, I'll just enjoy my free health care and better living conditions.

The video was satirical and was to prove a point. If you're offended you're dumb. How about all those times Fox News in a non-satirical manner, out of ignorance insults Canada saying such things as "HOW DARE WE LET THEM ON THE SAME CONTINENT AS US".

EDIT: Thank you Nyoku

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 12:00 PM

Ok see, Tom Green is just pissed off all the time :D

But still canada is not a stupid country for real, ive been there, and i like it :D

StepmaniaGod6969 04-12-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 3043383)
They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.

fido123 04-12-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 (Post 3043454)
Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.

Cry me a river. If you live in a ****ty place expect people to call it ****ty. If you need to compare something to something ****ty, might as well compare it to a ****ty place.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 12:09 PM

notice that most of the people posting in here are Canadian. seriously guys, no offense to canada but stop. stepmaniagod had a right to be offended. end of story

fido123 04-12-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3043459)
notice that most of the people posting in here are Canadian. seriously guys, no offense to canada but stop. stepmaniagod had a right to be offended. end of story

Again you're stereotyping. Instead of calling people out you're calling a country out. If he did this in a more intelligible way I don't think he would get much flack but if you look at threads where Canada as a country was made fun of, you don't see as many whiners and stupid opinions such as "DUN MAEK FUN WE SUPER POWA ROW ROW"

i love gabba 04-12-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

I mean jesus dude do you damn canadiens really gotta make yourselves feel better by ripping on U.S. cities??

Quote:

I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad

Quote:

Tell me how you would feel if they(Canadiens) made this about your city.

...Precise...

btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKlF...eature=related ?

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 12:28 PM

i was not callin out the damn country man give it a friggin rest!

razorsoft 04-12-2009 12:35 PM

TO CANADA:

A. Only a very small amount of the U.S looks like that

B. Most people hate the U.S. (terrorists e.g) cuz they dont live here (jealousy)

vantilburg 04-12-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love gabba (Post 3043474)

Wow what the hell. That would offend anyone.

EDIT: LMAO "Remember it's not Canada it's Mexico that like the siestas." "You know, that is a STEREOTYPE, Bill."

Veumgea 04-12-2009 12:42 PM

lol

OMG FUKKEN CANADIENS GRRR
OMG CANADIA IS NOT BAD U STOOPID!!!!
I DIDNT SAY U WERE BAD
CANADA

learn to think for yourself

virus003 04-12-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

canadiens

(Canadiens)
canadiens

holy freaking crap

STD_Sappy 04-12-2009 12:48 PM

They're comparing something from 1989 to something that's 2009? Doesn't that tell you that economics have risen (and dropped) from that point? I would only get upset if what I hear wasn't true. Otherwise, I wouldn't care if they called California ****ing ****heads ****s. Yeah. And you should learn how to spell Canadians, lol.

STD_Sappy 04-12-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 3043451)
Are all Puerto Ricans dumb as ****? Yeah you're the military super power, I'll just enjoy my free health care and better living conditions.

The video was satirical and was to prove a point. If you're offended you're dumb. How about all those times Fox News in a non-satirical manner, out of ignorance insults Canada saying such things as "HOW DARE WE LET THEM ON THE SAME CONTINENT AS US".

EDIT: Thank you Nyoku

Apparently you're the dumb ****. He JUST said he didn't care? Obviously that means he doesn't mind living here as opposed to Canada. So don't start throwing insults because you're behind a damn computer. OK? And learn to get your facts straight before you lose your tampons, asswipe.

foilman8805 04-12-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STD_Sappy (Post 3043490)
And learn to get your facts straight before you lose your tampons, asswipe.

Hey, can we try to keep the insults tasteful and above a 6th grader's mentality?

Veumgea 04-12-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3043492)
Hey, can we try to keep the insults tasteful and above a 6th grader's mentality?

impossible

they be dissin my homelandz

Bluearrowll 04-12-2009 12:56 PM

When you say "Canadiens" instead of "Canadians" you refer to the Montreal Canadiens hockey team. Sorry.

fullmetal_alchemist027 04-12-2009 01:01 PM

You guys make me lol. America sucks. Canada sucks. There.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 01:01 PM

lol haha hockey!!!

no we dont suck we all rule hows that? make everyone smile for a lil while :D

Oni-Paranoia 04-12-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Apparently you're the dumb ****. He JUST said he didn't care? Obviously that means he doesn't mind living here as opposed to Canada. So don't start throwing insults because you're behind a damn computer. OK? And learn to get your facts straight before you lose your tampons, asswipe.

Icing on the cake

~HentaiXXX~ 04-12-2009 01:47 PM

Yoo guys are soo fooking stoopid yaa.

no seriously stfu.

foilman8805 04-12-2009 01:52 PM

Wrong thread, Hentai, but nice try bro.

~HentaiXXX~ 04-12-2009 01:56 PM

yeah, I pretty much fail at half of my posts, but thanks for the encouragement.

Tater Tot 04-12-2009 02:19 PM

Oh would you look at this little disclaimer towards the end of the video. Hmmm... I understand you may feel insulted, but I think you're being overly sensitive.

Frozen Beat 04-12-2009 03:01 PM

Um...I'm Canadian.

Last time i checked, the Canadians want a good relationship with the USA, not a bad one. A small number in comparison to Canada's population made that sh*t. So I think a little overreacton rate is in call.

Also, when I saw Canadiens, yes, I did think of that hockey team hahahaha.

We're proud and diverse. That's it.

Also, to the first post, are you implying that your country is simply superior no questions asked la-de-da better? I find that to be biast to an extreme.

ionave 04-12-2009 03:11 PM

I think its funny (and pathetic) that people can express such near-sighted opinions...

Frozen Beat 04-12-2009 03:16 PM

I detect hypocrisy =l.

Kekeb 04-12-2009 03:34 PM

Does the OP even understand what this video was made for? It was made to help promote positive attitudes in Ottawa. The video is essentially saying that we shouldn't complain about things, since we're apparently in good condition.

Quote:

We are incredibly fortunate to be somewhat insulated from this madness, so let’s take the time to celebrate that, focus on the positives, and get this thing moving again.

richyrich55 04-12-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyokou (Post 3043448)

Yea Tom Green is basically me in a nutshell.

NFD 04-12-2009 09:52 PM

You guys are getting mad about what some retard said. The same retard who posted a video of himself making a song for our president Barack, which involved him making really ****ty screams and **** into a mic.

fido123 04-12-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorsoft (Post 3043480)
TO CANADA:

A. Only a very small amount of the U.S looks like that

B. Most people hate the U.S. (terrorists e.g) cuz they dont live here (jealousy)

If 'B' was not a sarcastic comment, most the people that hate America hate America because of attitudes which can be seen in such statements such as your post and:

- We're the best country in the world
- We'll just roll over and crush you
- DEMOCRAAAAAAACY **** YEAH

Not saying all Americans are like this but that's what the stereotype is, and I've seen many who live up to it. However I'm not retarded and arrogant and know most Americans don't live up to this sad stereotype.

Quote:

The way it came off made me think he implied America is superior. In no way am I saying Canada is superior I was simply stating that every country has its perks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tater Tot (Post 3043553)

Oh would you look at this little disclaimer towards the end of the video. Hmmm... I understand you may feel insulted, but I think you're being overly sensitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekeb (Post 3043610)
Does the OP even understand what this video was made for? It was made to help promote positive attitudes in Ottawa. The video is essentially saying that we shouldn't complain about things, since we're apparently in good condition.

This is what I was saying...I just feel the need to insult people's stupidity.

StepmaniaGod6969 04-12-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFD (Post 3044063)
You guys are getting mad about what some retard said. The same retard who posted a video of himself making a song for our president Barack, which involved him making really ****ty screams and **** into a mic.

who was that?? And to all of you who think this thread is crap, i'm from flint and i dont think its right how would you feel if someone made fun of your city like that??

fido123 04-12-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 (Post 3044138)
who was that?? And to all of you who think this thread is crap, i'm from flint and i dont think its right how would you feel if someone made fun of your city like that??

It was crap? Facts are facts, cry me a river.

clarinet89 04-12-2009 10:17 PM

I think that there are better ways of inspiring people to be happier in Ottawa without offending people and having raging forum wars. I'm American, but Canada's great too. I've been there and it really is a nice country (except for one creepy school my band stayed at in Winnepeg). I really don't see much of a difference between Canada and America, except maybe Canada's economy and stuff is more stable than America's at this moment.

fido123 04-12-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinet89 (Post 3044155)
I think that there are better ways of inspiring people to be happier in Ottawa without offending people and having raging forum wars.

It's called satire. Feel free to make fun of my town for being one of the most racist towns in Canada. It's a fact, and can be hilarious if viewed in a satirical manner.

foilman8805 04-12-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

I would feel like I need to make a thread on a flash game website, in which I would cry my eyes out to a small community that largely has no idea where Flint, Michigan even is. (Read: sarcasm.)

You're complaining to the wrong people. You just seem like a big ass cry baby to tell the truth. You're ****in 24, man. Come on. I think by now you'd be a little desensitized to videos on the internet, and if you didn't like something, you'd just close your browser. Pretty simple.

Sure, I'll grant you that they didn't portray your city in a very positive light (but nothing they said was not the truth), and I'll even let you have your opinions about it because you live in Flint, but for crying out loud, don't condemn Canadians as a whole, and don't stereotype anyone that lives in Canada. Saying 'I don't mean all Canadians' doesn't really change the fact that you just said 'damn all you Canadians' and '**** you Canada'. That just makes you look stupid, and it invalidates anything you have to say because you're now an obvious hypocrite.

I'm from the Los Angeles area of California. Tell me how many good things you've heard about LA. Go on. Tell me.

Undoubtedly, there are more videos about LA being a ****ing ****hole then there are about Flint. It is not difficult for me to find a video that portrays LA as a gang-infested drug capital with rising crime rates and increasing unemployment. Do you see me making threads about how offended I am that people see my city for what it really is? No. This video was not about how awful Flint is.

I would seriously not give a **** if anyone, Canadian or not, had something to say about LA. Go ahead. Say it. Say whatever you want. I'm not gonna be offended in the slightest because I'm not going to let someone's meaningless opinion affect me like this video has affected you. It's wasted energy, it's wasted emotion. Go watch a video about how awesome Flint is and forget you ever saw the video.

You are not a very developed and mature individual if you cannot face this small bit of adversity and overcome it.

cedolad 04-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Dude, those things really happened in Flint. It happened in most of South eastern Michigan. It's just a marketing pitch for tourism. >.>

ieatyourlvllol 04-14-2009 04:52 AM

And I wondered why Chit Chat was losing its appeal...

First of all, get your facts straight. The Canadians are in no way insulting Flint. They're referring to its economic status from two decades ago in order to reassure citizens of Ottawa of their safety from the present-day recession. Consider this question - would the video have had the same effect if they had used Beverly Hills from 1989? Obviously not. It's precisely because Flint is nearby Ottawa and suffered from a relatively recent recession that the makers of the clip decided to use it leverage their argument.

The basic message they're trying to send out is, "Look, Ottawa. This isn't Flint from 1989 - it's the NCR. We aren't suffering from the same conditions that Flint endured twenty years ago. In fact, we're quite well off in comparison to most other places, so put away your fears of economic turmoil."

They are in no way saying, "HIGH FIVE, OTTAWA! We're the bestest city in the world! Haha...look at Flint. Just look at it. Isn't it pitiful? Watch this footage of the strife and discord in Flint from two decades ago. It's quite clearly how it is today! Never mind that it has recovered from the multi-million dollar debt, or that it's growing steadily with the help of its flourishing academic institutions! None of that matters, because we are more better! We not Flint!"

Furthermore...

Quote:

Ok, this is really ridiculous. I don't know who would make a video like this but this is the city I live in. All I have to say is **** you canada!! I mean jesus dude do you damn canadiens really gotta make yourselves feel better by ripping on U.S. cities?? I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

http://www.thisaintflint.ca/

Tell me how you would feel if they(Canadiens) made this about your city. I mean yes this is how it is in Flint, but I don't know why anyone would make fun of us like this it's bad enough that my city sucks but we are trying to make it better.

How would you feel if I constantly referred to you as an Amaricen from Filnt? If you want to be taken seriously, at least provide the Canadians with the courtesy of proper spelling.

Oh, and here's a protip. See the all-too-convenient definition of "recession" provided in the opening segment of the video? It's not there for aesthetics. I mean, I know this isn't Blues' Clues, but come on...it's not quantum surgery. THINK before you judge a clip and those associated with it.

Finally...

STOP STARTING THESE USELESS U.S. VERSUS CANADA ARGUMENTS

If you think there is an answer to the question of "Which nation is superior - Canada or the United States?", you're simply affirming the opposite.

The U.S. has its ups and downs, as does Canada. End of story. Stop bickering like 5-year olds.

Bolth mannn 04-14-2009 05:02 AM

Holy crap theres so much freakin drama in the US/Canada.

you should all move to Australia.

NekoGon 04-14-2009 05:03 AM

ieat has spoken

Patricoo 04-14-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 3045131)
Holy crap theres so much freakin drama in the US/Canada.

you should all move to Australia.

Your country has Richard Gere dressed a woman on your money. Why would we wanna go there?

I remember going to Korea and sitting on a few Adult English classes where the women would ask me questions in english. Most of the questions were about America, and one will make me laugh for the rest of my laugh. "In America... why do Americans hate Canada, SO much?" I didn't really have an answer. I couldn't just say "Well, their douche bags" since I didn't feel like translating what a douche bag is.

Really, I think it's some sort of sibling rivalry which is mostly sparked by the fact that one brother is famous, rich, and popular but goes out every night to do drugs and have wild parties, but the other brother hasn't done more then assistant manager at a Staples. Both countries have a sense of national pride about them, but unfortunately Canada doesn't realize that they don't matter on the world stage, even though they want to.

In truth, the world doesn't give a damn what Canadians think or do, and it's their everlasting quest to pretend otherwise.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...ril-indecision

foilman8805 04-14-2009 12:16 PM

Going to have to politely disagree. All countries on this planet matter, big or small.

I personally harbor no grudge or malice towards Canadians...how could I? They're people just like me - they just live a bit farther north than I do.

mellonxcollie 04-14-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricoo (Post 3045186)
In truth, the world doesn't give a damn what Canadians think or do

If nobody in the world gives a damn about what Canadians think or do, best of luck to them on not contracting various types of diseases that Canadians have found cures or treatments for. I'm sure many American diabetics care about what Canadians do, as it was two Canadians who discovered insulin.

Canada has made uncountable contributions to science. If you don't care about what Canadians do, you must not care about the world around you.

Patricoo 04-14-2009 12:48 PM

Alright, check the Daily Show link that I provided to understand where the joke of my statement lies. I'm trying to do a bit a kidding-around thing here, but it seems some people are so filled with "peace, love, and hate for those who don't love" that they can't take a joke.

I mean it strictly on political and culture guidelines. You wanna bring up the eight great things Canadians have done, I'll give you a golf clap and give you the big ol' liberal pat-on-the-back medal you just won. Even at the end of the video the joke I love the most is that the biggest Canadian export is "jokes that they are the butt of."

For instance, common.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3045226)
Going to have to politely disagree. All countries on this planet matter, big or small.

Sure, thats the "happy friendly, lets all get together" answer, but lets face it. Some countries matter more then others, and have bigger footprints in international history, and others still allow the Queen of England to hold political power over their country.

foilman8805 04-14-2009 12:51 PM

I did not assign any amount of significance to how much the individual world countries matter. It's quite clear that some matter more than others - I thought you'd be able to put that together for yourself.

Regardless, every nation does play its part in one way or another.

Patricoo 04-14-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3045243)
Regardless, every nation does play it's part in one way or another.

Indeed. Some ludicrously less then what they want to take credit for.

phe0nixblade 04-14-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 3043403)
CANADA IS NOT YOUR LATRINE TO PISS IN! WE ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU! GET USED TO IT!

Oh? My bad. *zips fly back up*

mellonxcollie 04-14-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricoo (Post 3045239)
Alright, check the Daily Show link that I provided to understand where the joke of my statement lies.

I live in Canada, and thus cannot view the video. =) =) =)

Quote:

You wanna bring up the eight great things Canadians have done, I'll give you a golf clap and give you the big ol' liberal pat-on-the-back medal you just won.
This just proves your ignorance. If you'd like to do some research into what exactly Canadians have done, maybe I will take your argument a bit more seriously.

foilman8805 04-14-2009 01:03 PM

Yeah, mellonxcollie, I just decided to leave the troll alone. He's not bringing much to the discussion.

bmah 04-14-2009 01:17 PM

Patricoo's ignorance on the degree of Canada's overall significance (footprint as he says) is just astounding. I'm not going to even bother trying to make a counterargument.

Patricoo 04-14-2009 01:29 PM

As I started to write an educated and cited reply, getting part way through explaining the roots of Canadian jokes that clearly people aren't getting, I realized something.

Why the hell should I care about this thread? It's about Canada! No one cares about Canada!

bmah 04-14-2009 01:34 PM

Well if your past posts were meant to be jokes, take a hint - no one's laughing.

Plan_Bsk81127 04-14-2009 01:38 PM

Lmao, it is just funny how they compared themselves to something that happened forever ago and has gone and passed. lol. Im sure they have their ups and downs too but just dont wanna look bad, so they compare it to history. XD Pretty sad of canada, i have nothing against them though. This was just funny.

devonin 04-14-2009 02:03 PM

I've never seen such a grand opportunity to have a reasonable discussion about american/canadian relations, or the validity of propaganda in marketting slide so quickly and so completely into a pile of horse dung.

The purpose of the linked video was explicitly described already, and nobody seems to have bothered noticing or reacting to it.

The purpose of this video was to reassure Ottawans that their worries about the economy were not as severe as they had thought, by pointing to a place and time where a somewhat simliar area suffered far worse without the world ending. It was a more educated version of telling kids to eat their vegetables because there are starving children in africa.

The message was "Buck up Ottawa, it's not as bad as all that"

The fact that they used Flint, MI was -a coincidence of convenience- They could have just as easily used any similarly sized industrial city that suffered a strong economic battering at the hands of recessions. It just so happened that they had a bunch of handy footage laying around courtesyof Michael Moore to make it easier to put the film together.

This wasn't a knock against Flint, this wasn't a knock against America, this wasn't an arrogant statement of Canadian superiority.

This was entirely and only an attempt to make Ottawans (Not even Canadians, just people from Ottawa) think to themselves "Oh...I guess things aren't as bad as we thought!" And that's all.

foilman8805 04-14-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin
The purpose of the linked video was explicitly described already, and nobody seems to have bothered noticing or reacting to it.

Actually a lot of people have already shared your sentiment, devonin. You're a bit late to the party.

devonin 04-14-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3045291)
Actually a lot of people have already shared your sentiment, devonin. You're a bit late to the party.

By which you mean "You said that and want acknowledgement"? Who did you think I was referring to when I said that the explicit statement had already been made? I was referring to you and ieatyourlvllol. Needless to say, the fact that the thread continued on how it did is what shows that your statements were basically ignored.

Izzy 04-14-2009 03:03 PM

So, whats this thread about?

shad0wlord 04-14-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3045307)
So, whats this thread about?

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=107429 Basically an inverse of that. Sort of.

Izzy 04-14-2009 03:13 PM

Ah, I'm in class so I can't listen to videos. How exactly do people get so easily offended by anything? And how exactly do you insult an entire country?

foilman8805 04-14-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3045304)
By which you mean "You said that and want acknowledgement"? Who did you think I was referring to when I said that the explicit statement had already been made? I was referring to you and ieatyourlvllol. Needless to say, the fact that the thread continued on how it did is what shows that your statements were basically ignored.

Actually, I was not referring to myself, nor am I trying to take credit for anything because I never outright said what the purpose of the video was. I just told Stepmaniagod to chill the **** out.

I was referring to mellonxcollie, Kekeb, and Tater who actually saw what the video was really about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3045277)

I also misread this sentence and construed it like you were going to make the point for the first time. That's what prompted my earlier response. Believe me when I say I'm not really looking for any recognition. Sorry if it seemed like that.

bmah 04-14-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3045322)
Ah, I'm in class so I can't listen to videos. How exactly do people get so easily offended by anything?

Why don't you read the thread a bit more?

As stated several times already, the thread's basically about some guy getting offended at a Canadian video that seemed to "degrade" his town, but in actuality, the video's purpose was to reassure people in Ottawa that the current state of the economy is not as bad as it could be. The OP's misinterpretation eventually led into the classic American vs. Canadian debate. And then comes along a dick who actually does try to downplay Canada's overall significance in the international community, stating that while all nations play a role, some nations "have more significance than others". Basically, the thread became slowly derailed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3045322)
And how exactly do you insult an entire country?

There could be many ways. In the case presented from shad0wlord's link, an insult can be widespread if a large media channel like Fox News or some other program with a large audience makes the insults. In that case, you have the media misinforming a huge audience.