Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122907)

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:35 PM

FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida

So recently, me and a few regular FFR players found out that we live within a few miles of each other. And since FFR conventions aren't generally held down here in gator country, we thought we would start by hosting a meetup here in Orlando. dAnceguy117, me and sticklydude have all agreed to meet up in the area by or around the 17th or so, and we were hoping that a larger meetup could be planned and arranged.

So far, we're still working out details - any potential people who can meet here are encouraged to provide any details and provisions that would be favorable to their respective schedules. So far, we've worked out these details:

Saturday, March 17 (subject to change on the needs of other potential guests)
12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The location has not been determined yet, but it would likely be near the Orlando UCF campus as the three of all all live within a few miles of the area. Transportation can be provided, and food can likely be as well. A few suggested areas include the Sci Fi Center, Avalon Park and of course some of our respective residencies.

ADDENDUM: some of the downtown attractions (Disney, Universal Studios, etc) could be an excellent place to meet, but due to cost it's not an immediate suggestion, but if it's not a problem then we could do that.

------

Committed attendees:

-Bynary Fission
-dAnceguy117
-sticklydude
-flashpantss
-DN_Catastrophic

Possible attendees:
-Coolboyrulez0
-Jeumaitre
-Tidus810
-V-Ormix

Coolboyrulez0 03-4-2012 06:40 PM

Re: FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida

oh boy orlando is where my mom works

i'll see about attending

alloyus 03-4-2012 06:40 PM

You guys have fun down there :3

samurai7694 03-4-2012 06:42 PM

unfortunately I'll be in Orlando THIS weekend, heh D:

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3651355)
oh boy orlando is where my mom works

i'll see about attending

Great! If you can, be sure to provide us with any important details. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3651356)
You guys have fun down there :3

Thanks. :D

albaneenesk8r 03-4-2012 06:43 PM

no one wants to do new england meets up.. super sad face

AlexDest 03-4-2012 06:45 PM

why no north carolina meetup :(

have fun guys !!

flashpantss 03-4-2012 06:49 PM

I WILL be attending. I will be in Orlando for Spring break (since I live their, when not at UWF [school]). Can't wait, keep me up to date on the location.

I will be coming from Universal Studios (landmark to give you a general location).

sticklydude 03-4-2012 06:50 PM

I'm getting my car on Friday the 16th, so I'm more than likely be able to make it on the 17th!

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651362)
I'm getting my car on Friday the 16th, so I'm more than likely be able to make it on the 17th!

Awesome! Perfect day, huh? If you have any details and suggestions feel free to post them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3651361)
I WILL be attending. I will be in Orlando for Spring break (since I live their, when not at UWF [school]). Can't wait, keep me up to date on the location.

I will be coming from Universal Studios (landmark to give you a general location).

Cool, this is already starting to turn out into a big event haha. So far the event is centered around UCF, I would not mind switching it a bit downtown but some of those places can be pretty pricy, so I kind of kept that to the side, though if everybody was game for it then of course we can do that.

So the set date of the 17th is cool for you?

flashpantss 03-4-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3651367)
Cool, this is already starting to turn out into a big event haha. So far the event is centered around UCF, I would not mind switching it a bit downtown but some of those places can be pretty pricy, so I kind of kept that to the side, though if everybody was game for it then of course we can do that.

So the set date of the 17th is cool for you?

UCF works and so does the 17th! Just let me know if you guys select a specific location. Let me know!

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3651373)
UCF works and so does the 17th! Just let me know if you guys select a specific location. Let me know!

Sweet! We're actually still trying to decide a location, so please throw out suggestions! The only thing I'm personally looking for is that the area is conducive to competitive FFR and Stepmania playing. I don't use a laptop (I'll bring my amazing keyboard though), so that's something I'll need to take into consideration.

By the way, if you want to discuss this in detail hit me up on AIM sometime.

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 08:39 PM

I can always bring my laptop wherever and people can ghetto rig some SM/FFR with their own keyboards. Keysmashing is keysmashing, right?

flashpantss, how you likin' UWF? I barely know anything about Florida schools other than UCF and I guess UF and FSU. Have fun at Universal :D

sticklydude 03-4-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3651472)
I can always bring my laptop wherever and people can ghetto rig some SM/FFR with their own keyboards. Keysmashing is keysmashing, right?

I'll bring my laptop aaaaaaaaaaaand keyboard (8

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 09:02 PM

^ word. Laptops and keyboards EVERYWHERE

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 09:03 PM

By the time it begins we'll look like Koreans in an internet cafe. 8) I'll definitely bring my keyboard, just the only issue is what to do about a computer. Maybe I can plug it into a laptop, if it accepts the keyboard slots (mine is not a USB keyboard). Of course, if we meet at somebody's house then that issue will take care of itself.

sticklydude 03-4-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3651509)
By the time it begins we'll look like Koreans in an internet cafe. 8) I'll definitely bring my keyboard, just the only issue is what to do about a computer. Maybe I can plug it into a laptop, if it accepts the keyboard slots (mine is not a USB keyboard). Of course, if we meet at somebody's house then that issue will take care of itself.

oh man, my laptop doesn't have any PS/2 ports :C

Elite Ninja 03-4-2012 09:07 PM

Make sure you guys take a lot of vids of the meet-up and make us all jealous

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651514)
oh man, my laptop doesn't have any PS/2 ports :C

Maybe we can find a computer to use. Worst comes to worst I'll just drag the whole damn computer there - for an event like this it's worth the effort. We'll worry about it more as we coalesce around a decision as to where we'll meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3651518)
Make sure you guys take a lot of vids of the meet-up and make us all jealous

You know it. I'll bring my camera fully charged and everything.

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 09:29 PM

Bynary will be the event's paparazzi

oh wait I just realized I have a phone that can actually do things. I'ma take a bazillion pictures.

Tidus810 03-4-2012 11:54 PM

omggggg I would love to goooo. But chances are I will probably have stuff going on. Dx
I do hope you all have fun though, I'm super jealous.

dAnceguy117 03-5-2012 11:15 AM

^ free up ya schedule son! It's only one day!

sticklydude 03-5-2012 02:35 PM

I'm bringing my friend (Jeumaitre) who used to play FFR with me if he doesn't have anything to do that day.

Bynary Fission 03-5-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3651907)
^ free up ya schedule son! It's only one day!

^ This. This'll be the best Florida meetup ever, try and make one day for such a special occasion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651994)
I'm bringing my friend (Jeumaitre) who used to play FFR with me if he doesn't have anything to do that day.

Awesome, the more the merrier. :D

flashpantss 03-5-2012 03:00 PM

I'm pretty excited about this. Can't wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3651472)
flashpantss, how you likin' UWF? I barely know anything about Florida schools other than UCF and I guess UF and FSU. Have fun at Universal :D

UWF is actually a good school. Have one of the best business programs in the country. It's also a small school, small class sizes etc. Teachers are amazing too (at least the ones i've had).

And I'm not going to universal lol, my house just happens to be located across the street from Universal :p

DN_Catastrophic 03-5-2012 03:39 PM

I'd be down to possibly stop by for a bit? Since I go to UCF that would be convenient for me lol

Bynary Fission 03-5-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3652014)
I'd be down to possibly stop by for a bit?

Sure! We're still working on a possible location (like one that lets us all of us play plenty of FFR and Stepmania), so if you have any suggestions or ideas let us know. The time and date as well as the general location are in the main post.

Speaking of which, I've updated it with the list of confirmed and possible attendees. We're up to five people, and we could get as many as eight if the "maybes" all decide to join. Boy, I'm really hyped about this.

Thatskier 03-5-2012 04:28 PM

At Orlando this weekend not next... sucks to suck i suppose

zajac 03-5-2012 04:51 PM

Won't be able to make it out to the Orlando Meet-Up, but if any of you that are over 18 want to come out to an event that I'll be DJing at and having hosted by Low Pass, it will be on March 9th at Bar One. :-)

Free entry 'til 11:30pm. Check out for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/337891969587468/

V-Ormix 03-5-2012 04:55 PM

oh mai gawsh I wanna go... will see what happens >.<

DN_Catastrophic 03-5-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajac (Post 3652034)
Won't be able to make it out to the Orlando Meet-Up, but if any of you that are over 18 want to come out to an event that I'll be DJing at and having hosted by Low Pass, it will be on March 9th at Bar One. :-)

Free entry 'til 11:30pm. Check out for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/337891969587468/

I'll be downtown that night, so I'll go! What time are you going to be on?

zajac 03-5-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3652153)
I'll be downtown that night, so I'll go! What time are you going to be on?

I'm guessing Midnight...ish? *shrug*

Tidus810 03-5-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 3651357)
unfortunately I'll be in Orlando THIS weekend, heh D:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatskier (Post 3652024)
At Orlando this weekend not next... sucks to suck i suppose

This is funny, cause I just realized I'll be in Orlando this weekend as well. xD Going to Disney saturday/sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651994)

Holy crap I actually remember this guy. He was better than me back when I was in Beginner for the 3rd Official lmao. :0

Escha 03-5-2012 09:52 PM

Dude i'd love to come. i live right next to sea world.

sticklydude 03-5-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus810 (Post 3652257)
Holy crap I actually remember this guy. He was better than me back when I was in Beginner for the 3rd Official lmao. :0

Haha. Yeahhh, I was so jealous cause he got vrofl and I didn't cause I sucked.
One of my longest irl friends.

You should come anyways!

Elite Ninja 03-5-2012 09:54 PM

lol have a meetup this weekend and next weekend for those who can attend XD

sticklydude 03-8-2012 04:22 AM

Dave and Busters on I-Drive has a DDR X2 machine. Just sayin.

dAnceguy117 03-8-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3652001)
UWF is actually a good school. Have one of the best business programs in the country. It's also a small school, small class sizes etc. Teachers are amazing too (at least the ones i've had).

And I'm not going to universal lol, my house just happens to be located across the street from Universal :p

Awesome about UWF, and lol whoops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3653662)

oooooooooooh niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3652014)
I'd be down to possibly stop by for a bit? Since I go to UCF that would be convenient for me lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escha (Post 3652259)
Dude i'd love to come. i live right next to sea world.

\o/

Bynary Fission 03-8-2012 12:30 PM

Awesome, more attendees. :) I might make a few custom files for this meetup with some chiptunes I've recently composed. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3653662)

Ahh, DDR. I haven't played that in what, 4 years rofl. That's a pretty far drive from UCF though.

8 Hour Whore 03-9-2012 06:04 PM

Hmmm lets see... Anyone worth giving up money to make this trip and secks?

Oh look its Cata.. and Bynary... Tempting...

sticklydude 03-10-2012 04:21 PM

Issues with the car title and bank.

Looks like I'll be taking the minivan to this meet 8)

Winrar 03-10-2012 05:17 PM

You guys are gonna have loads of fun, my first ffr meetup was amazing.
Be sure you wear your ffr shirts ;)

DJMAYYYNE 03-11-2012 10:38 AM

I might go since I live like half an hour away.

kommisar 03-12-2012 01:50 PM

i'm in orlando may 5th-13th :(

Bynary Fission 03-12-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3656058)

Hey, maybe we can meet then. :)

kommisar 03-12-2012 02:24 PM

yeah that'd own. I'm just throwing the dates out there in case people are around since I obviously won't be able to go this soon D:

Bynary Fission 03-12-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3656091)
yeah that'd own. I'm just throwing the dates out there in case people are around since I obviously won't be able to go this soon D:

Awesome. Just remember to toss me a message or something when you arrive, I tend to be kind of forgetful about that stuff haha. You won't be alone either - as you can see a bunch of people live here too, including CBR who is a fellow musician. :)

kommisar 03-12-2012 03:01 PM

I'm gonna be residing in some fancy neighborhood 3 miles from disney world. maybe I can get an exact address so I can judge how far it is from some of you fellas.

Bynary Fission 03-12-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3656136)
I'm gonna be residing in some fancy neighborhood 3 miles from disney world. maybe I can get an exact address so I can judge how far it is from some of you fellas.

That's about a 40-minute drive from where I live, most of us live around the UCF (University of Central Florida) campus so it's a decent distance away, though nothing prohibitive. So what are you staying here a week for?

kommisar 03-12-2012 03:04 PM

famiry vacation. I more or less have freedom to do what I like while I'm down there as long as I manage to get back to residence lmao

Bynary Fission 03-12-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3656142)
famiry vacation. I more or less have freedom to do what I like while I'm down there as long as I manage to get back to residence lmao

Damn, wish I had that kind of freedom...not to mention the money to take those kinds of trips lmao. Oh well, still looking forward to meeting up in May. :)

sticklydude 03-15-2012 08:38 PM

Bumppppppppppp.

Anyone else coming?

flashpantss 03-15-2012 08:44 PM

do we have a specific place where we are meeting?

Bynary Fission 03-15-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3658285)
do we have a specific place where we are meeting?

I sent you a PM with all the information you should need. :)

XxMidigamixX 03-15-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3656058)

:<
though it'll be my birthday on that day xD

Anyhow, you guys enjoy this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to drag Luis to the next meet up xP

dAnceguy117 03-16-2012 12:30 PM

WHOA, this is going down TOMORROW. PM Bynary, me, or whoever for locations and contact info and all that good stuff.

All are welcome!

Bynary Fission 03-16-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3658609)
WHOA, this is going down TOMORROW. PM Bynary, me, or whoever for locations and contact info and all that good stuff.

All are welcome!

/hype

God dammit, this day can't end soon enough.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I requested that Gundam release the Spring 2012 FFR Community Pack (probably butchered the name) a bit early in time for the meetup, and he said he could probably do it...I've got 3 files (plus a chart on another song) in there. :D

flashpantss 03-17-2012 04:08 AM

HYPE

sticklydude 03-17-2012 04:19 AM

So much hype~

Oh. And I've confirmed i'm bringing jeumaitre.

popsicle_3000 03-17-2012 05:09 AM

sweet that this is actually happening! is the plan to just meet and ffr it up?

Bynary Fission 03-17-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3659090)
sweet that this is actually happening! is the plan to just meet and ffr it up?

You bet. I'm actually lugging my desktop over there to play - I also stepped a few files for the event (my own composed chiptunes mostly lol) Of course, we also have stuff like Brawl and Pokemon - two days ago when I met some of the guys we play Brawl for a few hours and IT WAS INSANE.

I'm so excited - I've been waiting two weeks for this and finally today is the big day. I'm gonna bring my camera, DS and everything!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3659088)
So much hype~

Oh. And I've confirmed i'm bringing jeumaitre.

Awesome, we've got a grand tally of 5 people then. :D

flashpantss 03-17-2012 12:53 PM

Brawl

from left to right

sticklydude, jeumaitre, Binary Fission, dAnceguy117

Videos and more photos to come

sticklydude 03-17-2012 09:27 PM

Incoming awkward group photo:

In top, left to right: Bynary Fission, Jeumaitre, Flashpantss
In bottom, left to right: Sticklydude, DAnceguy117

Loads of fun. :-D

Bynary Fission 03-17-2012 10:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Woop. The meetup was a blast - we got loads of videos and pics to post. Here are a few I ripped from my camera. Sorry if they are of varying sizes, my camera takes like 3000x2000 size images and I resized them in Paint, so yeah. I've also got a ton of videos that I'll upload tomorrow, I'm kinda sleepy tonight and sleepy = lazy so yeah, you'll see them then.

Playin' a game of Super Smash Bros Melee. 8) We rotated out at times, I was the one taking pictures during this match.
Attachment 28967

All of us playing FFR. dat hair~
Attachment 28968

Holy shit this is such an awkward expression on my face, I look like I'm stoned. :neutral: I was probably laughing or something.
Attachment 28969

More Melee.
Attachment 28970

Gettin' ready to tear it up.
Attachment 28971

The guys enjoying a few games. sticklydude tears it up as the others watch.

And here is a random picture of my cat:

dAnceguy117 03-17-2012 11:08 PM

we smashed ALL the keys

and used ALL the controllers.

popsicle_3000 03-18-2012 12:07 AM

looks like an epic time!!! subin and I will have to have a sydney gathering

kommisar 04-17-2012 01:07 PM

HEY CAN I BUMP THIS

i'm leaving for orlando in a few weeks

dAnceguy117 04-21-2012 11:49 PM

awwwwwwww yeah good stuff! Down to meet up? We could totally hit some arrows to music, or go out on the town, or just kick rocks or something. Orlando's got some pretty good rocks.

sticklydude 04-22-2012 12:03 AM

those things sound delightful.

Bynary Fission 04-22-2012 02:06 AM

Yep. Martin named a crapton of stuff that can be done here, though a lot of it's pretty pricy so you gotta watch out for that. And naturally, we'll also need a place to hang out and play some Stepmania and FFR (one of our places'll probably be good). 8-) Damn, I gotta get in touch with some of the other Floridians living outside the city to see if they can name a meetup in May.

kommisar 04-22-2012 02:31 AM

I'm game for all that.

I'll check to see where I am location wise in kissimmee

I'm there may 5th-13th. I more or less have the freedom to do whatever but da familia wants to visit a few parks in the middle of the week.

Bynary Fission 04-22-2012 03:07 AM

Cool. If you can get an itinerary or something similar in advance, feel free to let me know - I can try and organize something around it. And of course, if you have any ideas as to what you'd like to do, be sure to let us know.

kommisar 04-23-2012 07:59 PM

so are there any itg/pump machines in the area?

Bynary Fission 04-23-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3681973)
so are there any itg/pump machines in the area?

I'm not quite sure to be honest - ask flashpantss (Martin), he may know. However, I know that we have a Dave and Busters down on International Drive, that'd be a likely bet to check. Of course, we could also get and use OpenITG - I have some working metal pads that could be used (provided I can get the connectors, I might have them but I'd have to look).

kommisar 04-23-2012 08:20 PM

awesome

dave and busters usually have one of the two (usually pump assuming the pads/bars aren't busted to shit)

So from what I gathered, I'm arriving late saturday the 5th, sunday is an open day, as well as friday. we then leave saturday the 12th for bangor. the rest of the week I guess we're going to visit some parks and stuff, but I don't absolutely have to go to them the entire week either.

Bynary Fission 04-23-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3681985)
awesome

dave and busters usually have one of the two (usually pump assuming the pads/bars aren't busted to shit)

So from what I gathered, I'm arriving late saturday the 5th, sunday is an open day, as well as friday. we then leave saturday the 12th for bangor. the rest of the week I guess we're going to visit some parks and stuff, but I don't absolutely have to go to them the entire week either.

Cool. I'll talk to the others and see what they think. By the way, any plans on where we could go to play a bunch of Stepmania and FFR? I don't have a laptop but the others do (maybe I could use theirs, if they don't mind). I was thinking one of our places might work, if you're up for that.

kommisar 04-23-2012 08:42 PM

yeah definitely. I probably won't have a laptop with me but I could do a 20 minute simfile or something hehu

Coolboyrulez0 04-23-2012 10:06 PM

hi

depending on if you guys make the trip worth it i'll come and help cash in or something or are we all doing our own thing. (buy groceries, kommi makes 5-star gourmet meal)
and what about spending the night y/n etc.

kommisar 04-25-2012 07:48 PM

I can cook given the equipment hehu

it seems pretty much like i have all sunday the 6th off to do whatever. if anyone up for that

dAnceguy117 04-25-2012 10:27 PM

works for me yo. I'm down to chip in for groceries, we could make something epic :cool:

CBR: dooooo ittttttttt! my place has mad couches for anyone to crash on if that's cool with you.