Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Frame Fix Log (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130781)

DossarLX ODI 06-29-2013 05:37 PM

Frame Fix Log

This thread is for logging what files have had frame changes applied to them and what is going to be fixed in the future.

Only one song per post please. When providing files that should be frame fixed, please use the following template:
Quote:

Song Information
Song Title: <title>
Song Artist: <artist>
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/levelstats.php?level=<number>

Description of Issue(s)
Please provide approximate note number or time in song as well as the description of the section(s).
If a lot of the song seems to have issues or patterns, describe the pattern and where it appears.
If I am missing something in the list of files that have been fixed, or if there is a file that can be added to apply changes to, that is also welcome. For now the frame fixed files will be listed below but I plan on creating a spreadsheet later to track these changes.

Current frame fixed files:
  1. Aletheia
  2. Almost There
  3. Breakbeat Acid
  4. Chik Habit
  5. DeVouR
  6. Einstein Rosen Bridge
  7. Extratone Pirates (Drunk Optimus Remix)
  8. Fractured Sunshine
  9. Go Beyond!! -Jazzy mix-
  10. Gravity Blast
  11. grind2
  12. Hardkore Atomic
  13. Hero Reconsidering
  14. Jamais Vu
  15. Mabi V2
  16. Mega Man 9 Rock Medley
  17. My Half
  18. Phi-dentity Crisis
  19. Pokamen Party
  20. Press Start
  21. Rave7
  22. Ripoff
  23. Rudi The Techno Pioneer
  24. Saddest RMX
  25. Skeletor
  26. Sleepmix Strikes Back
  27. System Doctor
  28. Tenimuhou
  29. The Bird's Concrete Nosedive
  30. The Bird's Poisoned Bathwater
  31. Unconnected
  32. Vortex
  33. World's End Yama Xanadu
  34. Xanthystrauma

TC_Halogen 06-29-2013 06:33 PM

Re: Frame Fix Log

Great thread, Dossar.

Is this something you would at all want help with? I can help with more obvious framefixes if you're not looking for this to be a one-person army, haha :)

EDIT: RAN never received fixes? I was certain that someone touched up the 64ths before the break in the mid-section of the song.

One Winged Angel 06-29-2013 06:52 PM

If one of you two could talk me through the process of how to go about actually fixing the files and provide me with the appropriate tools, I'd be more than willing to help with this. I know what types of frame intervals are allowed given any rhythmic distance at any bpm in 30fps, so I'd be able to change anything that converted stupidly to something more comfortable yet still acceptable.

DossarLX ODI 06-29-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3929807)
If one of you two could talk me through the process of how to go about actually fixing the files and provide me with the appropriate tools, I'd be more than willing to help with this. I know what types of frame intervals are allowed given any rhythmic distance at any bpm in 30fps, so I'd be able to change anything that converted stupidly to something more comfortable yet still acceptable.

Sure, no problem. And Halogen, I appreciate any help you can provide. Just inform me beforehand so we're not both working on the same song.

TC_Halogen 06-29-2013 07:35 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for allowing me to help.

One Winged Angel 06-29-2013 08:25 PM

Gonna sticky this. I'll help update the OP as well as more files get fixed.

Wayward Vagabond 06-30-2013 02:36 AM

it'd be cool if one of you guys could fix up champion freeverse. one of the 12ths somewhere in the 600 combo area is off and it bugs the shit out of me. its noticeably off so i doubt you'll miss it

Findarian 06-30-2013 02:08 PM

Keep it up guys, always love the frame fixes you make

Xx{Midnight}xX 06-30-2013 03:23 PM

Another chart to add to this list that appears to me to need an abundance of fixes is Buzzards

Some screen shots to show points of what I'm talking about (there's more than this, but I feel as if 4 should showcase it's there.)

One Winged Angel 07-4-2013 08:58 PM

Uploaded Dossar's fixes for Skeletor, file should be much more manageable now (at least in terms of if you wanna bs it :twisted:)

DossarLX ODI 07-4-2013 09:02 PM

I'd also like input on how Skeletor is now since most players hit the big 32nd rolls as jumptrills

I'm planning on doing DeVouR next

TheSaxRunner05 07-10-2013 05:12 PM

This is weird, is this first burst in 3020 off?
http://imgur.com/zH6UEnG

Edit:// The last burst of the intro has a weird burst too

TheSaxRunner05 08-21-2013 11:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
These 32nds from Didj PVC are downright terrible

There are more, these are within the first 210 notes or so

mi40 08-21-2013 11:54 PM

hello dossar

could you take a look at the bursts in chipscape, i want them to be on the same frame but many of them got screwed from conversion (esp the ones later in the file)

XelNya 08-22-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3962645)

So that is why I blackflag it every time.

Other notable charts that need to be examined:

Bowser The Shredder
MFDFY
Buzzards This is bolded because it makes scoring on this chart outright stupid.
Intersect Thunderbolt
N's Farewell
Jeh Jeh Slammin' (it's not that bad, but I suspect the rolls might be off a frame or two.)

James May 08-22-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3962645)

The ending for that file is worse than the beginning. You know what part I'm talking about

ilikexd 08-22-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 3962689)
Buzzards This is bolded because it makes scoring on this chart outright stupid.

the bpm is basically perfect so that 99% of the 16ths are 2 frames apart and the 32nd are 1 frame apart, dunno which framers you're referring to

XelNya 08-22-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 3962706)
the bpm is basically perfect so that 99% of the 16ths are 2 frames apart and the 32nd are 1 frame apart, dunno which framers you're referring to

1. I feel as if this is self explanatory, but since I assume you're an idiot, the 32nd and 16th are obviously too close.
2. (Notes are too close.)
3. (The Quarter note is off)

Obviously, you're slightly blind. I had to pause for Screen Shots, but these were the apparent ones after the first play. I fail to see how you didn't notice, considering you're not only a better player than me, but you're also in tune with the fine details of things apparently I guess.

PS: I have in fact brought these up before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3930253)
Another chart to add to this list that appears to me to need an abundance of fixes is Buzzards

Some screen shots to show points of what I'm talking about (there's more than this, but I feel as if 4 should showcase it's there.)

Sadly I delete my screen shots of worthless junk after a week or two.

mi40 08-22-2013 02:00 AM

only the 23 thing at 109 combo seems dumb (assuming it's converter fuck up)
the other two are 100% fine wtf lmfao

ilikexd 08-22-2013 02:02 AM

my bad, missed that @105 notes in as i wasnt paying attn on the first few hundred notes because i was looking for stuff in the hard sections since you had said it made scoring difficult

@311 notes is perfect, what do you mean?

XelNya 08-22-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 3962717)
only the 23 thing at 109 combo seems dumb (assuming it's converter fuck up)
the other two are 100% fine wtf lmfao

The third one is the only one I'm iffy on. But the other two are indeed mess ups. If you look at the 2nd screen shot you see the 4 1 quarter and 8th are differently framed than the indicated one. One of them is wrong. I assume it's the closer ones cause that is a lot less frequent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 3962718)
my bad, missed that @105 notes in as i wasnt paying attn on the first few hundred notes because i was looking for stuff in the hard sections since you had said it made scoring difficult

@311 notes is perfect, what do you mean?

Yeah, you're awful.

EzExZeRo7497 08-22-2013 02:20 AM

It's not a perfect 450 BPM 32nd roll. There's nothing wrong. If it was corrected the BPM of the 32nds would be 450 BPM, which would make it slower than most of the file to begin with, the fixes would be worse than it was before because it's not consistent.

Don't have to flame people because they misinterpreted your statements.

ilikexd 08-22-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 3962722)
Yeah, you're awful.

u have hentai in ur search bar

mi40 08-22-2013 02:22 AM

dude i have fakku on speed dial, shit's convenient

what i'm really concerned about is the norton security icon

rCaliberGX 08-22-2013 02:28 AM

fakk u

mi40 08-22-2013 02:29 AM

hehhu

XelNya 08-22-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 3962726)
It's not a perfect 450 BPM 32nd roll. There's nothing wrong. If it was corrected the BPM of the 32nds would be 450 BPM, which would make it slower than most of the file to begin with, the fixes would be worse than it was before because it's not consistent.

Don't have to flame people because they misinterpreted your statements.

If you're referring to the "yeah you're awful" in my post, realize the italics was to indicate sarcasm.

Also, I guess I understand what you're saying there Ez, but it kind of is like "if left alone, it is inconsistent, but if changed it is inconsistent." I'd rather have it "accurate" to be honest with you. (Does that make sense? Feels really badly phrased...)

DossarLX ODI 10-21-2013 09:10 PM

Almost done with DeVouR. After this I'm planning on fixing Almost There (random 2 frame minijacks in the 32nd stream that make it way harder than it should be, etc.

Sorry for having it wait this long OWA, this week's gonna be crazy for me

Update: Sent DeVouR frame fixes to OWA, going to get some feedback on that. Also sent him Almost There.

One Winged Angel 10-30-2013 04:42 PM

A bit late in posting this but frame fixes for DeVouR and Almost There have been uploaded, thanks Roy.

gold stinger 12-27-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3929773)
Other songs that I'm not currently fixing but will be examined:

Code:

Mourning the Lost
Integraation
Skeletor
do i smile?
Husigi Usagi Milk Tei
A Quick Death
Eclipse (Solar)
Crowdpleaser
Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion
DeVouR
Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern
RAN
Schmollbluk
Mephisto Waltz
Mathsma Attack
Magical 8bit Tour
Winter Wind Etude
Piano Etude Demon Fire [Oni]
Death Piano
Blue Rose
J'ai Envie de Plaisir X2
Tageri
Forsaken Neon
The Replicator
bmv.578
Calling to Mars
No Purpose Flour
Tsugihagi Construction
Zombie Sunset
Blue-Violet
Ninja Lad
Serenade Of Storm
Little God Channel
Scrap Syndrome
Sparkle Downer
Silly Symphony
Piano Etude (Gymnastics)
Red Wings Over Baron
Reality

so have these been examined yet or am I behind in the times?

I know there was a point in time that songs began getting fixed before they even showed up in the engine just wondering if these ones were ever checked or just left as a dead project when the job was moved to post-publishing.

igotrhythm 02-17-2016 11:23 PM

For posterity, here's what Press Start looked like before the fix:

This was changed so that all 2-frame gaps happen between the up and down columns, making it easier to jumptrill.

hi19hi19 02-18-2016 12:02 AM

I'm not sure why this got bumped but I feel obliged to say that Turbo really needs to be framefixed like, 2 years ago.

igotrhythm 02-29-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4408005)
I'm not sure why this got bumped but I feel obliged to say that Turbo really needs to be framefixed like, 2 years ago.

No more 2 framers in the jacks? IDR how long the jacks are, but given the 153 bpm of the song that might not be possible past 9-10 taps.

DossarLX ODI 03-1-2016 08:28 PM

I've seen 2 frame intervals for jacks happen on a 150.5 bpm file. It seems nonsensical, but it can happen. At some point the 3 frame intervals fall behind.

Concerning Turbo I could see a frame fix happening during Spring Break (starts March 12th for me). There is a gigantic backlog that's been sitting in the first post, so I'd need input on which should be prioritized from community input. Turbo definitely needs fixing.

DossarLX ODI 03-14-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4408005)

A frame fix for Turbo has been uploaded.

DossarLX ODI 07-31-2020 09:07 PM

I've updated the first post to provide a template for requesting frame fixes on a chart ingame. Also, please only have one request per post.
Quote:

Song Information
Song Title: <title>
Song Artist: <artist>
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/levelstats.php?level=<number>

Description of Issue(s)
Please provide approximate note number or time in song as well as the description of the section(s).
If a lot of the song seems to have issues or patterns, describe the pattern and where it appears.
In the future I plan on creating a spreadsheet to track these changes.

Pizza69 07-31-2020 10:11 PM

I'd like to request Time and Space (by Bill Kiley) get framefixed: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2764

The 32nd trill at 95.818 converted with a 3-framer, making the already spiky part even spikier. Would be great if it could be fixed to only have 4-frame minijacks.

DossarLX ODI 08-9-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza69 (Post 4739325)
I'd like to request Time and Space (by Bill Kiley) get framefixed: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2764

The 32nd trill at 95.818 converted with a 3-framer, making the already spiky part even spikier. Would be great if it could be fixed to only have 4-frame minijacks.

Fixed this request. As an example for others that have a request in the future:

Quote:

Song Information
Song Title: Time and Space
Song Artist: Bill Kiley
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2764

Description of Issue(s)
32nd trill starting around note 380, 95 seconds in converted tightly with a 3 frame minijack.

gold stinger 08-10-2020 03:55 AM

Song Information
Song Title: Cest What
Song Artist: Terminal 11
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2696

Description of Issue(s)
1-framer minijacks in the beginning of the file need to be dialed back to 2-framers.

One Winged Angel 08-10-2020 05:42 AM

in addition to the removal of 1 frame minijacks in Cest What, the 1 frame gap between the 8th and 16th in this burst makes it significantly more problematic to hit than it would otherwise would have been

thanks for reviving this thread Dossar

Psychotik 08-12-2020 04:44 PM

Song Information
Song Title: hARPIES15HP
Song Artist: Wisp
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2850

Description of Issue(s)
Some white notes need to be moved up or down a frame to align with the quarter note.

#1014 also needs to move down a frame to remove the only 2 framer in the chart.

VisD 08-13-2020 11:27 AM

Song Information
Song Title: eccentric ghost channel as Poltergeist
Song Artist: cybermiso
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2920

Description of Issue(s)
The roll at around combo 639 should be frame-fixed so that there is not a [14] jump on a 32nd and 16th. Haku's screenshots (thanks Haku):

There's an equivalent mirrored roll at around combo 580 which converted better:

HammyMcSquirrel 08-15-2020 08:24 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Domani
Song Artist: DJ Plaeskool
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=138

Description of Issue(s)
Red note syndrome starting at arrow 620.

HammyMcSquirrel 08-15-2020 08:29 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Visions (NRGyzd Remix)
Song Artist: Square Bear
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=120

Description of Issue(s)
The following sections have a mixture of red and blue notes where there should be 32nds (24ths?) involved.

450 - 473
591 - 614
688 - 703
1325 - 1348

SubaruPoptart 08-17-2020 11:18 PM

Song Information
Song Title: All i wanna do is touch your powerpoints
Song Artist: Loli Ripe
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...hp?level=2137#

Description of Issue(s)

Disclaimer: I'm not experienced in chart analysis so I have screenshots of every issue I'm going to put here, which is located here: https://imgur.com/a/ufl3ero

* Starting at Note 487, there's three sets of three [34] jacks. According to Alice the first two sets are 3 framers, yet the last one is a 3 framer then a 2 framer.

* Starting at Note 626, there's a five note [12] jack, with a 2-framer occurring between the 3rd and 4th [12] in the set.

* Almost right after it, at note 715, there's a five note [34] jack. The 2-framer occurs between the 3rd and 4th [34] in the set, just like the last one.

* Starting at note 1190 there's a three note [24] jack, with a 2-framer occurring between the 1st and 2nd [24].

Pizza69 08-17-2020 11:50 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Fox Tales
Song Artist: Koloto
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2790

Description of Issue(s)
Most of the 2-framers in this file are fine since they're isolated and the song is 174 bpm, but notes #2085 and #2225 force much tougher 2-framers, and these should be shifted down a frame so the minijacks are 3-framers.

Hakulyte 08-19-2020 07:07 AM

Song Information

Song Title: Eine Kleine Funkmusikk
Song Artist: Teetow
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2946

Description of Issue(s)
There's a spin pattern [2][1][3][4] that starts at 1005 combo which contains three [3] notes that are 1 frame more late than they should be.

If you're more visual:

The left side on all perfectly on sync.

TC_Halogen 08-19-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4740706)
Song Information

Song Title: Eine Kleine Funkmusikk
Song Artist: Teetow
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2946

Description of Issue(s)
There's a spin pattern [2][1][3][4] that starts at 1005 combo which contains three [3] notes that are 1 frame more late than they should be.

If you're more visual:

The left side on all perfectly on sync.

This is incorrect for two reasons, with the first reason being why I encourage those who are doing frame fixes to have access to the file itself and analyzing it before making any changes.

- a.) the burst starts slightly slower in the beginning (in the first 8 notes), which is why there's no one-frame gaps between notes

- b.) there are only 7 frames between the start of each four note burst until the very last instance of the spin, meaning you are going to have a one-frame separation somewhere in every four note burst - what you're proposing places a one frame gap between U-L, which is harder to read and play through

I put the one-frame gap deliberately on U/R to make it more approachable and easier to read/play given that it is intended to be a spin burst (the pattern starts and repeats 2134 until it ends), because having the 2-frame separation on the left hand forces emphasis on evenness in the spinning motion that originates on the starting hand.

Hakulyte 08-19-2020 09:38 AM

Is it safe to say the the up notes are fine, but the right notes may be too early ?

I do know the original pattern is supposed to look like this:

I'm assuming:

Sorry for picking the wrong column somehow.

If the frame gaps doesn't allow any changes then I guess this can be ignored.

TC_Halogen 08-19-2020 09:55 AM

It's not either of those things specifically, it's just a matter of squeezing four notes into a 7 note frame gap. There's going to be a 1-frame hiccup every four notes, no matter what you do.

I just happened to stick it on the U/R. People can subjectively decide where they want the one-frame gaps. *shrug*

HammyMcSquirrel 08-21-2020 11:26 AM

Song Information
Song Title: Evil Approaches
Song Artist: For Great Justice!
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=140

Description of Issue(s)
There are a few small sections from 654-691 that have miscolored notes. (The notes are red, blue, or yellow when they should be colors that weren't available at the time the file was put in the game.)

DossarLX ODI 08-23-2020 01:16 PM

List as of August 23rd, 2020

Cest What
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=39
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...6&postcount=40

hARPIES15HP
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...3&postcount=41

eccentric ghost channel as Poltergeist
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...0&postcount=42

Domani
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...3&postcount=43

Visions (NRGyzd Remix)
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=44

All i wanna do is touch your powerpoints
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...6&postcount=45

Fox Tales
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...8&postcount=46

Eine Kleine Funkmusikk
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...6&postcount=47
- Resolved; see http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=48 and http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...7&postcount=50

Evil Approaches
- http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...5&postcount=51

Category

> Tight jack placement
Cest What
hARPIES15HP
All i wanna do is touch your powerpoints
Fox Tales

> Rolls discrepancy
eccentric ghost channel as Poltergeist
Eine Kleine Funkmusikk

> Note color issue
Domani
Visions (NRGyzd Remix)
Evil Approaches

TC_Halogen 08-23-2020 03:59 PM

Was there ever reasoning behind why the ending of Domani was red while the rest wasn't? I imagine we don't have a source chart for that, heh.

bmah 08-23-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4740968)
Was there ever reasoning behind why the ending of Domani was red while the rest wasn't? I imagine we don't have a source chart for that, heh.

My guess is that during the time when the early files were being recolored, not all of the files were comprehensively reviewed and some might have been overlooked. After all these years, someone finally noticed.

DossarLX ODI 08-23-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4740968)

There's a possibility the speed went up 4x for all red notes, but without the original stepchart this is just speculation.

Since the chart was released in 2005 I don't know who has access to the original stepchart. If it was Tasselfoot, the source file might be long gone.

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 05:27 PM

Perhaps it was intentional. I didn't think of looking up anything on the song before but I checked out the thread for when it was released. (There wasn't a front page post mentioning it so this seems to be the best source of information on it.) A couple people mentioned the red arrows at the end but not as a question of it being an error. No one even makes that assertion and alainbryden posted in the thread making no comment on that aspect of the file being incorrect.

It seems safe to say that it is supposed to be that way after all. Thoughts?

TC_Halogen 08-23-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4740972)
There's a possibility the speed went up 4x for all red notes, but without the original stepchart this is just speculation.

Since the chart was released in 2005 I don't know who has access to the original stepchart. If it was Tasselfoot, the source file might be long gone.

It's either not a 4x speed, or it changes from 4x -> 3x -> 4x; if the rhythm is correctly followed and they wanted to capture the kicks at the end properly, it could just be a single 8x speedup to properly capture the x--x--x-|x rhythm.

Just figured that I'd at least open a conversation about it potentially not being an error. I'm not particularly opposed to changing it to being properly colored.

One Winged Angel 08-23-2020 06:10 PM

I always thought the quantization shift to 4ths in Domani was intentional, albeit strange. Possibly to make it harder to read against the background that used to be forced?

DossarLX ODI 08-23-2020 08:43 PM

Ok so I believe I've gathered together some evidence that supports Domani got shifted to all red notes because of the use of 12th notes around where the red note syndrome starts happening. In other words, the red note syndrome was not intentional/not a BPM change.

A post from Shashakiro mentioned how the red note syndrome in Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star was a bug in the converter, and later this was revealed to be the 24ths.

At the time the converter only supported red, blue, and yellow (4th, 8th, and 16th respectively). A post from plasmix in 2004 suggests that for 12ths and 24ths, the notes go to the "default" colors (presumably 4th/red color).

How does this fit in with Domani? It turns out that the area it turns into red note syndrome happens to have a 12th rhythm in it. When the person says "kick" three times in a row, that's a 12th rhythm. And from plasmix's post above, it looks like the dwi converter back then went one measure at a time, but if any 12ths or 24ths were found in that measure, the entire measure would choke as well as what came afterwards. See the picture below to see how this plays out.

Tasselfoot also mentioned Domani as being a file that should be fixed in this post.

TC_Halogen 08-23-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4740989)
Ok so I believe I've gathered together some evidence that supports Domani got shifted to all red notes because of the use of 12th notes around where the red note syndrome starts happening. In other words, the red note syndrome was not intentional/not a BPM change.

A post from Shashakiro mentioned how the red note syndrome in Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star was a bug in the converter, and later this was revealed to be the 24ths.

At the time the converter only supported red, blue, and yellow (4th, 8th, and 16th respectively). A post from plasmix in 2004 suggests that for 12ths and 24ths, the notes go to the "default" colors (presumably 4th/red color).

How does this fit in with Domani? It turns out that the area it turns into red note syndrome happens to have a 12th rhythm in it. When the person says "kick" three times in a row, that's a 12th rhythm. And from plasmix's post above, it looks like the dwi converter back then went one measure at a time, but if any 12ths or 24ths were found in that measure, the entire measure would choke as well as what came afterwards. See the picture below to see how this plays out.

Tasselfoot also mentioned Domani as being a file that should be fixed in this post.

Fantastic post. Proof positive that it should in fact be done, then!

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:21 PM

Gonna be posting info on a few songs with miscolored notes. Credit to Dossar (for digging up some old threads with information) and hi19 (for having a list already in a thread awhile back). The sections may be off by an arrow but should be very close.

Song Information
Song Title: End Night
Song Artist: DJ Lain
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=124

Description of Issue(s)
Last four notes have some wrong colors.

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:21 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Epic
Song Artist: ZeroFuser
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=147

Description of Issue(s)
Miscolored notes in the following sections:
165-167
381-383

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:22 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Deep Breath
Song Artist: SGX
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=148

Description of Issue(s)
Miscolored notes in the following section:
1-16

Tasselfoot 08-23-2020 09:22 PM

As a general note, I likely have very few of the old FFR charts submitted to me / released by me. Years ago, I cleared out tens of gigs worth of old FFR emails with attachments to clear up space in my email account.

But always happy to check, just in case.

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:23 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Start Something
Song Artist: Jeremy Lim
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=170

Description of Issue(s)
Miscolored notes in the following sections:
293-207
354-368

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:24 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Turbulence
Song Artist: Dj Aerogroove
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=117

Description of Issue(s)
Miscolored notes in the following section:
259 - 266

HammyMcSquirrel 08-23-2020 09:26 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Rondo Alla Turca V2
Song Artist: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=127

Description of Issue(s)
Miscolored notes in the following sections (basically everywhere):
17-39
71-91
193-201
295-303
925-947
979-999
1101-1109
1203-1211
1338-1341
1357-1364
1371-1380
1401-1410
1445-1450
1461-1463
1484-1491

DossarLX ODI 08-23-2020 09:32 PM

As part of going back in history, I found this post from Moogy which to my surprise suggests that the color switching in Delirium wasn't intentional:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogy (Post 388401)
I've never even played Duk's. Mwerp stepped it, but it was terrible and had random 24ths and 32nds that went to nothing.

The off-colored errors are the fault of the convertor.

Whoever said it should be an 11: It is in the DWI. I don't know why they changed it.

Also, thanks for the comments, guys. Glad you all like the file.

The blue-blue and red-red switching were consistent throughout, but it was still determined here that Moogy didn't intend that to happen in Delirium. The switch seems to happen the last 8th note of each measure.

SubaruPoptart 08-27-2020 04:34 PM

Song Information
Song Title: No Purpose Flour
Song Artist: SessileNomad
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=1538

Description of Issue:

At note 1042 there is a roll that starts out as a 48th roll, goes into 32nds, then into 24ths. The 48th roll (if you can even call it that) seems to be mis-framed, as it looks like it's intended to be 4 3 2 1 4 3 2 1 4 3 2 1, yet it ends up as 4 [23] 1 4 [23] 1 4 3 [12] instead. I used my native scroll speed (2.55) to better show the frame gaps, the next screenshot will be what it looks like zoomed out showing the whole pattern.

DossarLX ODI 08-28-2020 10:21 PM

Today I fixed nine file requests related to note color issues:

Rondo Alla Turca V2 => Fixed miscolored 32nds mentioned in the post
End Night => Fixed 32nd gallop colors and ending 32nd roll colors
Epic => Fixed 32nd triplet colors
Deep Breath => Fixed beginning 32nd roll colors
Start Something => Fixed 32nd triplet and roll colors
Turbulence => Fixed 32nd roll colors at note 259
Evil Approaches => Fixed 32nd burst colors
Visions (NRGyzd Remix) => Fixed 24th section colors
Domani => Fixed Red Note Syndrome after note 620

HammyMcSquirrel 08-30-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4741528)
Today I fixed nine file requests related to note color issues:

Rondo Alla Turca V2 => Fixed miscolored 32nds mentioned in the post
End Night => Fixed 32nd gallop colors and ending 32nd roll colors
Epic => Fixed 32nd triplet colors
Deep Breath => Fixed beginning 32nd roll colors
Start Something => Fixed 32nd triplet and roll colors
Turbulence => Fixed 32nd roll colors at note 259
Evil Approaches => Fixed 32nd burst colors
Visions (NRGyzd Remix) => Fixed 24th section colors
Domani => Fixed Red Note Syndrome after note 620

Awesome! Thank you!

M0nkeyz 09-2-2020 07:07 PM

For Elesis Theme song

https://imgur.com/a/B5sczEO

These white notes are quite a bit off, it's noticeable in-game as well.

Edit:

Also there are a couple of framers that are making the slow jacks alot harder than they should be

https://imgur.com/a/kEtpiNc is a good example

Ghost_Medley 09-6-2020 11:19 PM

Song Information
Song Title: Ants Of The Sky
Song Artist: Between The Buried And Me
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2754

Issue description(s):

#1: At note 1019 (and 1131), in the 343[12] pattern the first 1/12th note comes too early, in both cases the note should be pushed back a frame.

#2: At section 6540-6577, two of the flams converted poorly and should be fixed. Image shows the two flams, at 6552 and 6573.
(6552 is the worse of the two, a 2f on the left hand because of poor conversion.)

(Additional note: When the framefixes are done, I really suggest the file be lowered to an 87-88.)

SK8R43 09-7-2020 06:31 AM

Ummmm, no....88 is way too low for a 13 minute file that has absolutely absurd sections to PA. near the end is the worst, damn bursts. If anything it needs to be moved closer to 94. The file broken down isn't too bad, but it's long, and there's a few hard to pa sections.

Like literally someone who aaas this should be rewarded with the 95+ token, but I think 94 is more realistic.

DossarLX ODI 09-25-2020 10:02 PM

Delirium has been updated with fixed note colors.

DossarLX ODI 09-25-2020 10:35 PM

NeoMAX has been updated with fixed note colors.

DossarLX ODI 11-8-2020 07:26 PM

Got to the rest of the files in the August 23rd list that weren't the note color files.

November 8th 2020 Changelog

Five files were updated.

All i wanna do is touch your powerpoints update
- Fixed all 2-frame 16th jack placements to 3-frame [154 BPM]
- Fixed placements of one of the 64th offset sections to closer match what 8th placements would be

Fox Tales update
- Fixed 2-frame minijack issues that were throughout the file, and the 32nd bursts [174 BPM]

hARPIES15HP update
- Fixed the 2 frame 64th offset minijack at the end to 3 frame [168 BPM]
- Adjusted the 192nd gallops to be aligned with their corresponding 4th note (snare in the first half, whoosh in the second half)

Cest What update
- Fixed the two 1-frame 16th minijacks in the chart [240 BPM]
- Adjusted a few tight minijack bursts

eccentric ghost channel as Poltergeist update
- Updated the rolls mentioned in the post to be consistent [128 BPM]
- Updated a few 64th gallop placements to be 1 frame instead of zero frames apart (with respect to the adjacent 8th note)

Requests after August 23rd as of this post:
- No Purpose Flour
- Elesis Theme Song [Future Bass Remix]
- Ants Of The Sky

SubaruPoptart 11-12-2020 07:35 PM

This is gonna be fun. :) Long overdue too.

Song Information
Song Title: Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)
Song Artist: Celldweller
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/levelstats.php

Description of Issue:

Very very very many framefucked color jumps/hands all throughout the song. Most of them occurring in the choruses.
I'll link the imgur album because there will be so many screenshots. There will also be just a simple list of framefucked jumps/hands to simplify things further from there.
They should all be shifted a frame down or up, whichever is appropriate to turn them into color jumps/hands like they seemed to be intended to be.

https://imgur.com/a/5tQrCeA

#1: Note 65
#2: Note 92
#3: Note 95
#4: Note 207
#5: Note 210
#6: Note 212
#7: Note 283
#8: Note 286
#9: Note 289
#10: Note 292
#11: Note 363
#12: Note 580
#13: Note 586
#14: Note 614
#15: Note 616
#16: Note 903
#17: Note 905
#18: Note 908
#19: Note 911
#20: Note 1321
#21: Note 1324
#22: Note 1476
#23: Note 1479
#24: Note 1629
#25: Note 1631
#26: Note 2177
#27: Note 2180
#28: Note 2334

There are two framefucked ones that are hard to determine, as they come in a section where there are already intentional flams.

Notes 2290 and 2295 are the ones in question in this screenshot.

Other than that, that appears to be it. If there are any mistakes I made along the way in counting or labelling please let me know.

gold stinger 11-12-2020 10:56 PM

Song Title: Super Soaker
Song Artist: Blitz Lunar
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2615

Description of Issue(s)
@Note 445, 464, 476, 541, 552
The jumps end up converting to hands when the section is intended to play as stream going into a jump. Makes it incredibly hard/awkward compared to what the file is attempting to portray.

There's plenty other places in the file that could use some TLC specifically in locations where 48ths exist, but the hands are by far the biggest offender in the file.

CammyGoesRawr 11-13-2020 08:55 AM

Song Information
------------------------------------
Song Title: AiAe
Song Artist: Yuyoyuppe
Link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=3007

Description of Issue(s)
------------------------------------
The 32nd bursts starting on note 1825 (and all of the 9-note bursts that follow the one shown below) have frame gaps that have this spacing. If possible, the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, and 7th notes of the burst should be moved down while the 4th and 8th notes of the burst should be moved up. (talking about the order of the notes, not the note values)

The 32nd bursts starting on note 2035 (and the three 5-note bursts that follow) have this spacing where the 32nd note is pushed right before the jump. I suggest in these bursts, the note preceding the jump is moved up a frame (or 2? I'm not sure) while the 2nd and 3rd notes of the bursts are moved down to create as equal spacing as possible.

The 32nd bursts starting on note 2137 (and all of the 5-note bursts that follow it) have spacing that could use similar fixing to the above screenshots of the burst starting at note 2035. The note preceding the red note is too close together and should be moved up a frame (or 2?) while the 2nd and 3rd notes of each burst should be moved down to create as equal spacing as possible.

(I apologize if my way of wording things sounds awkward and repetitive, I tried to be as clear and concise as possible haha)