Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148128)

T-Force 08-29-2017 09:09 PM

TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

TWG CLXXI: The Reaper's Game
REAPERS WIN

1.) the sun fan
Player Erased by Players D2.

2.) Hakulyte
Player Erased by Reapers N3.

3.) XelNya
Game Master Erased by Players D3.

4.) blindreper1179
Player Erased by Players D4.

5.) Gradiant / Wayward Vagabond
Player Lost at Endgame.

6.) Celirra
Player Erased by Players D5.

7.) MixMasterLar
Proxy's Partner Erased by Players D1.

8.) roundbox
Proxy Erased by Reapers N2.

9.) Xiz
Conductor Won at Endgame.

10.) Hateandhatred
Player Erased by Reapers N1.

11.) LightManticoreX2
Player Lost at Endgame.

12.) DaBackpack
Player Erased by Reapers N4.

13.) FreezinIce / Rapta
Harrier Reaper Won at Endgame

---------------------
REPLACEMENTS
R1.) Wayward Vagabond
R2.) Rapta

-=-

NIGHT ACTIONS
Night 1
Reapers kill: Hateandhatred
Game Master blocks: the sun fan
Proxy seers: Gradiant
Proxy would have chosen: Vigi

Night 2
Reapers kill: roundbox
Game Master blocks: Hakulyte
Proxy seers: Xiz

Night 3
Reapers kill: Hakulyte

Night 4
Reapers kill: DaBackpack

-=-

Wolfchat: https://discord.gg/7zWK9
Deadchat: https://discord.gg/xfuqRu

Apologies for all the Ace Attorney discussion during D4. We were bored.

MVP to Xiz for playing a really solid game, especially during the final couple day phases.

Thank you to all the players who participated in my insane desire to play my favourite video game in a TWG format. A lot of flavour came from 'The World Ends With You' and I will (happily) go into detail about what I did that, in my opinion, added to it.

Discuss.

Celirra 08-29-2017 09:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - POST-GAME

oh

Celirra 08-29-2017 09:10 PM

tfw no link to deadchat

blindreper1179 08-29-2017 09:10 PM

Rip round being able to change the game.

tfw no link to wolfchat

Charu 08-29-2017 09:10 PM

fourth

FUCK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4583183)
fourth

get bullied

END MY LIFE

Wayward Vagabond 08-29-2017 09:10 PM

hey im a cutie too

T-Force 08-29-2017 09:11 PM

EDIT: Moved to OP because I didn't want the stuff people keep asking for to go halfway down the page ya fraggin' spammers.

LightManticorex2 08-29-2017 09:14 PM

Sorry guys. I had that team several times, but I didn't have the sway to pull it off. Cel and I being unable to reconcile doomed us.

DaBackpack 08-29-2017 09:23 PM

I'm sorry I slept through EoD

XelNya 08-29-2017 09:27 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wayward Vagabond 08-29-2017 09:27 PM

i'll never understand how you guys were town reading rapta so hard

Xiz 08-29-2017 09:48 PM

I forgot to swap haku with roundbox that night, i wonder how that would have turned out if round got a greencheck on me

Xiz 08-29-2017 09:50 PM

Manti, that thunderdome was pretty intense, was really really really tough to turn you to my side.

Also sorry xel, thanks for being cool with the bus <3

Xiz 08-29-2017 09:52 PM

Also I legitimately thought I was the swing vote on xel, didnt know it was off by two o.0'''

inDheart 08-29-2017 09:56 PM

LightManticorex2 08-29-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4583194)
Manti, that thunderdome was pretty intense, was really really really tough to turn you to my side.

I didn't see a reason for wolf you to unvote there. You had momentum and the human sway. I was unlikely to win even if I had stayed where I was. I was also unlikely to sway cel. Cel was too stubborn.

Rapta 08-29-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 (Post 4583197)
I didn't see a reason for wolf you to unvote there. You had momentum and the human sway. I was unlikely to win even if I had stayed where I was. I was also unlikely to sway cel. Cel was too stubborn.

it's all mind games

TWG Jade Harley 08-29-2017 10:33 PM

gg wolves!

XelNya 08-29-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4583194)

I think the only thing we did I didn't like was the HnH kill but it was amusing and it worked so I'm not complaining.

Bus no rly as a side note Greg's long post slapped me with how accurate it was. I was very confused and lost trying to react to it.

But I'm still not sure DBP how you arrived at the conclusions on us killing hnh had to be my doing with that pr equity stuff. X.x' would you explain what that meant?

the sun fan 08-30-2017 12:23 AM

I mean
I can read you well, its no secret.

LightManticorex2 08-30-2017 01:16 AM

Sorry team. I feel like I let everyone down.

the sun fan 08-30-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 (Post 4583206)
Sorry team. I feel like I let everyone down.

It'd be pretty hard for me to be mad at you.
When you're in the headspace of staring at the ceiling, which I believe 10000000% you probably did more than once towards the end, I know how hard games can be.

Don't take it too rough imo. I think that game was nearly unwinnable at the end.

the sun fan 08-30-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4583205)
I mean
I can read you well, its no secret.

this wasn't meant to be rude Xel

I mean, you fooled me the first day phase to the point where I need to apologize to Gradiant for townshielding you so hard.

Being at work probably factored into the inability to respond as well.

DaBackpack 08-30-2017 01:56 AM

sorry for being so up your asshole this game manti

LightManticorex2 08-30-2017 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4583209)
sorry for being so up your asshole this game manti

I played on the fly this game due to smash/wedding planning/game store stuff and it looked like a wolf game.

I think the biggest problem was I was approaching the wolfteam from the xiz/Rapta direction and you were coming at it from the xel direction.

Xel getting lynched destroyed me. Both xiz and Rapta were on the wagon and I looked at that wagon as worst case scenario one wolf on it. I made it my d4 job to find the wolf that wasn't on the xel wagon and that wolf didn't exist.

XelNya 08-30-2017 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4583208)
this wasn't meant to be rude Xel

I mean, you fooled me the first day phase to the point where I need to apologize to Gradiant for townshielding you so hard.

Being at work probably factored into the inability to respond as well.

I don't see it as rude.

You're probably the person I like playing with most in games where I'm wolf because it's a bit of a challenge for me to try and fool you. You're fun to also kinda (unspokenly) bounce some of my reads and interpretations of the game off of because it feels like we play very, very differently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 (Post 4583211)
I played on the fly this game due to smash/wedding planning/game store stuff and it looked like a wolf game.

I think the biggest problem was I was approaching the wolfteam from the xiz/Rapta direction and you were coming at it from the xel direction.

Xel getting lynched destroyed me. Both xiz and Rapta were on the wagon and I looked at that wagon as worst case scenario one wolf on it. I made it my d4 job to find the wolf that wasn't on the xel wagon and that wolf didn't exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 (Post 4582126)
xel tried to kill me!

I died when I saw this post.

roundbox 08-30-2017 11:10 AM

stop night killing me you fucks

roundbox 08-30-2017 11:10 AM

also sorry sunfan

Funnygurl555 08-30-2017 12:27 PM

good job rapta :)

inDheart 08-30-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4583227)
stop night killing me you fucks

sry bb

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 03:56 PM

I don't understand why the games get literally thousands of useless and asinine posts, but the postgames get nothing.

If you didn't have the wolfteam at the end why didn't you? What did you miss? Talk about where you went wrong so you can improve the next game.

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 03:59 PM

You'll never understand a mindset of another if you don't ask, and you'll never improve if you don't discuss what went wrong.

I know where I messed up this game and I know why it happened. If you don't know either of these things you should talk it out here so you can fix them.

Xiz 08-30-2017 04:04 PM

^ this

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:05 PM

I've def got some things I want to say, and I was waiting for some of the salt perhaps to decrease before I say it

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:06 PM

the thing that bugged me was that haku and dbp had both xiz and rapta as town and celery locking rapta as town made it really hard for me include him in any wolf team. i had manti as town towards the end but because cel was the only one left the only person i could pair him with was xiz and i mentioned in the game how that would never pan out for town

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:07 PM

in the end i blame dbp and haku and cel for clouding my judgement and in no way did i do anything wrong

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:07 PM

yep not my fault at all

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583264)
in the end i blame dbp and haku and cel for clouding my judgement and in no way did i do anything wrong

atta way
now you know how to postgame

nothing is ever your fault everything is everyone elses fault and even if you were 0/x on the wolves you couldn't have played any better

blindreper1179 08-30-2017 04:11 PM

Ok.

Cel, why was I wolf so bad, I did defend myself.

WV, why was I wolf even after I gave up? when we were wolves I fought a losing battle to not give up on you guys.

Why does no one listen to me?

When I tried to save sunfan, why was I read wolfy by everyone but a wolf? I honestly missed by seconds. Didn't see forces post.

blindreper1179 08-30-2017 04:13 PM

Also, I self voted to spite you round, I'm sorry.

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4583267)
Ok.

Cel, why was I wolf so bad, I did defend myself.

WV, why was I wolf even after I gave up? when we were wolves I fought a losing battle to not give up on you guys.

When I tried to save sunfan, why was I read wolfy by everyone but a wolf? I honestly missed by seconds. Didn't see forces post.

It was xel flipping roleblocker and my inability to see passed your 'slips' that made me not want to move my vote

blindreper1179 08-30-2017 04:16 PM

So you read me based more on what I did, not how I did?

blindreper1179 08-30-2017 04:16 PM

Also lar, I hope this proves I dont scum read you all the time.

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4583267)
Ok.

In this particular game I personally didn't feel like you did much scumhunting. Your pushes felt weak and unsubstantiated. This isn't a bash on you. I personally didn't feel like you stuck your neck out for anyone with the exception of attempting to throw yourself into the kitb.

The problem with that move is that it unintentionally made you look like you were trying to save xelnya from the lynch. When xel went down and flipped roleblocker it was a logical conclusion to draw that you were sacrificing yourself to get the lynch off of him even though the conclusion was wrong.

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:21 PM

to be real, and to talk about what Manti said here, everything /is/ your fault

that's right I'm talking 2 u behind that computer screen/phone... screen

if you approach the game like everything is your fault, then you will focus on the things you did wrong

I had both Haku and T-Force tell me that I did nothing wrong this game or that I could've done nothing to prevent being mislynched

this is 100% wrong just functionally based on how werewolf functions as a game unless you're one of those people that believe that everything that happens happened the way it did because its the only way things could ever have happened

I went pretty well on the wolves, and part of the reason I died was because 2/3 were on my wagon, but I def made some mistakes despite imo playing pretty well for someone that got mislynched. Here are some mistakes I feel like I made

Xiz is a pos and had a terrible push on me and I def let him get away with saying shit like "well you COULD have noticed that Lar was a PR and pushed him" as his scumread on me instead of forcing him to prove that that was what was happening

I def didn't kiss and make up with roundbox and cel well enough. I did get Cel to read Xel's iso, but he just didn't see what I saw and we couldn't get together. roundbox couldn't get over me parking my vote (Which imo is a really bad reason to scumread someone!!!!! bein honest here). TBH I'd like some input here as to what I could've done better; getting people to want to listen to me is something that I feel like happens less and less lately, not sure if I'm getting worse at it or people are becoming more paranoid of me, a combo or something else entirely

I def read into Rapta not knowing what he was doing wrong, as did everyone I think except WV. Either way, he would be in a land he'd never been before, and that def made me look past some things like the very early self-pres vote on me that maybe I wouldn't look past normally.

Honestly I didn't really think this during the game but I probably am a dumbass for lynching Lar there. That one might be a bit easy.

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:22 PM

for people that misread blind
I mean maybe you don't look for emotion but if you look at blind's emotion once Lar was mislynched

I don't think that is ever faked there.

its what I used this game; maybe I'm wrong. blind did say he felt like he's getting better at faking emotion as a wolf I think, so maybe my days are numbered with that kind of read on him.

but I've used stuff like that on him to great success in the past.

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4583271)
So you read me based more on what I did, not how I did?

Yeah pretty much. It wasn't until the slips that I started wolf reading you though. I had a slight lean but it wasn't anything that could be changed. After the slips and your lack of self defense made me think you just didn't care about continuing the fight

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:29 PM

I shiould say that there is more than one person saying that they don't feel responsible for the human loss

this is bad

u didn't play perfectly

u are part of the reason why town lost

manti is right that you need to focus on what you did wrong and why

you need to take responsibility for what you did wrong even if you believe and even if you are right that people played worse than you on the townside

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 04:31 PM

For the record I don't honestly believe I didn't do anything wrong

Hakulyte 08-30-2017 04:35 PM

I forgot to provide a serious read list before the xelnya lynch. I didn't expect to get NK'd at all.

I was pretty sure DBP would get NK'd before me somehow. Gotta work on that planning.

the sun fan 08-30-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583279)
For the record I don't honestly believe I didn't do anything wrong

I know, its not directed at you, I could see the sarcasm

inDheart 08-30-2017 05:28 PM

this reminds me of the postgame for my game where i was all "getting this up so yall can discuss" and mml comes in with "what is there to discuss we did bad"

there oughta be plenty though

based off semi following the last day i don't think people were leveraging the rest of the game very much, though manti seemed to be using wagonomics as a baseline

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 05:50 PM

Tforce, the invite links have expired in the OP. Can you replace them with permalinks

Hakulyte 08-30-2017 05:50 PM

@Gradiant

It's kind of obvious, but you were right that friend system sucks etc.

I need to stop things like that and find a better way to consolidate values with how to approach the game. I feel like it has to be a volunteer effort at the very least otherwise I'm compromising other's "fun" which is actually important.

Pushes are good, but I think sometimes town just doesn't know what to do and it's like I want to raise awareness, but don't know how to properly express that.

I guess players aren't really here to be coached, they probably mostly just want to do their own thing @ "play the game and find that wolf", but I feel like TWG is more than that.

Wayward Vagabond 08-30-2017 06:01 PM

Coach me haku

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 06:09 PM

I think as a collective we made a few misplays as well. I wanna go over them later tonight

XelNya 08-30-2017 06:33 PM

I think I need to work better on progressing my reads as a wolf using the game more. I'm generally ok at it as town and I think fixing that up woulda won us the game a day sooner.

I'm also still pretty ass at being under pressure, but a chunk of that is my inherant disadvantage of eods always being where i am without a pc.

Gotta learn to play around it.

DarkManticoreX2 08-30-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4583287)
I think as a collective we made a few misplays as well. I wanna go over them later tonight

Misplay 1

-We never should have CFD'd Lar on D0.

Think about this from a wagonomics perspective. On D0 you are unlikely to hit a wolf with a random cfd because the other wolves can influence the wagon. This is not true for greens or blues. When someone is not in the thread to defend themselves during a cfd, especially an unexpected one like MML's you open the door to the possibility of accidentally lynching your blues without them being able to claim. This won't happen every time, but the possibility is there.

Your chances of cfding onto a blue are higher then cfding onto a wolf, and it makes cfding someone who isn't in the thread a bad D0 play.

Misplay 2

- Lynching sunfan

I am aware I did nothing to help this, and I am also aware the lynch had some wolves driving it.

When a player is as open as sunfan was during D1, and was making post after post from his headspace, and those posts made logical sense, generally that player is a human. I think people play too scared around players like sunfan, and they refuse to believe anything they say because "they could be a wolf".

It is extremely difficult for a wolf to make extended arguments that connect over the course of the game. Sunfan's posts did that fairly well (they could have been a bit better because they looked scatterbrained to me), but they were enough to dispel my doubt on him.

This happened again lategame when I freaked out over my xiz vote. I don't know how anyone left in the game still thought I was a wolf after that, but you need to be able to suspend your beliefs for a moment when reading posts from another player that let you into their headspace. You need to see if what they're saying makes sense and connects with their in game actions. I don't think cel did this (correct me if I'm wrong).

-Some minor misplays

Lynching blind was a misplay that was half his fault. You can't attach yourself to the wolfteam in posts and expect to not get pressured for it. Be more careful with your wording. On the converse side, maybe we shouldn't jump on obvious things like that so fast.

Letting D4 go by with virtually no posts. No discourse lets the wolves coast, and law let the wolves coast. This factored into my xiz wolfread at the end, but it was too late to do anything about it.

Rapta 08-30-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583286)
Coach me haku

can i watch? i am curious as to how he would go about doing that

the sun fan 08-30-2017 09:07 PM

im just always scatterbrained manti
I mean I am not saying its a good thing
but its not gonna change without me having some kind of serious life changing experience or something
I'm just an awkward motherfucker, straight up

T-Force 08-30-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4583283)
Tforce, the invite links have expired in the OP. Can you replace them with permalinks

I mean, if you want, sure, but I was gonna ditch 'em in the next couple of days.

DaBackpack 08-30-2017 10:45 PM

I was myopically focused on xelnya so much that I was forced to hard defend rapta --- based on wagonomics I refused to believe xelnya and rapta were w/w and the effects of this helped to towns downfall

this led me to believe manti was a wolf for pushing on rapta so hard instead of reading xelnya

I slept through one of the eods making me effectively useless for that phase, and then I died

roundbox 08-30-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4583268)
Also, I self voted to spite you round, I'm sorry.

you got dunked on in my Phoenix Wright game

what makes you think this game could have been better???

blind will be my vote next game

Xiz 08-30-2017 11:02 PM

round stop rolling pr and ill stop killiing you ty

the sun fan 08-30-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4583324)

xiz stop rolling wolf so town has a chance of winning

Xiz 08-31-2017 12:50 AM

if only my town game was good

blindreper1179 08-31-2017 05:50 AM

If it makes you feel any better sunfan, I read you town instead of being paranoid and not try to read you. I think you did well this game, but obviously "could of" done better.

DarkManticoreX2 08-31-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4583319)
I mean, if you want, sure, but I was gonna ditch 'em in the next couple of days.

I ask because I missed getting into wuffchat

roundbox 08-31-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4583324)

But I wasn't targeted as a potential pr though :(

MixMasterLar 08-31-2017 04:01 PM

GG Wolves. This is probably my last game since I simply do not have the schedule to commit to TWG anymore. I'll probably still read along though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunFan
roundbox couldn't get over me parking my vote (Which imo is a really bad reason to scumread someone!!!!! bein honest here)

You let Freezin use the shittiest logic to lynch me because you love Cel more.

Celirra 08-31-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4583375)

Well I am pretty damn cute

the sun fan 08-31-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4583375)
GG Wolves. This is probably my last game since I simply do not have the schedule to commit to TWG anymore. I'll probably still read along though.

was cel the counterwagon? idr
if so, then yeah I was fine with you dying at the time I was pretty damn sure Cel was town.

MixMasterLar 09-1-2017 02:45 PM

K, well compared to that sitting on a vote that was clearly just a shitvote and then letting it be your final vote as well because lol why not is absolutely a legit rjeason to get scumread.

Not sure why you think Roundbox is using bad logic here.

the sun fan 09-1-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4583437)
K, well compared to that sitting on a vote that was clearly just a shitvote and then letting it be your final vote as well because lol why not is absolutely a legit rjeason to get scumread.

Not sure why you think Roundbox is using bad logic here.

because it became a real vote and I explained why!!!

the sun fan 09-1-2017 04:46 PM

not saying that I shouldn't have townread you
but I understand my headspace at a the time a bit better now

MixMasterLar 09-1-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4583442)
because it became a real vote and I explained why!!!

Yeah, because you allowed yourself to think it was a thunderdome between me, Cel and maybe one other candidate and instead of doing work you picked me and went with it.

Not trying to send the wrong message or tone: IRL stuff happens, sometimes people cant get into the game well, that's cool. But when you compare your reasons for lynching me against Roundbox lynching you it's night and day. I don't understand how anyone was not scumreading you

And yeah, I hear Manti on the whole "after he poured his thoughts out in such a way" reasoning and while that makes sense in hindsight I have to be with Round on this one.