Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Project 0 [Submissions: CLOSED; Pack Finalization, GFX stuff wew] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146565)

James May 01-27-2017 12:22 PM

Project 0 [Submissions: CLOSED; Pack Finalization, GFX stuff wew]

Hey guys, I'm that guy who always step weird as fuck songs, did 5 James May Packs and I'm going to be making a Pack.

Anyhow, here's the general jist of the pack that in progress with rules (Also, name is not final :U):

1. Unreleased files only
2. If you're going to be restepping a file, it better be a damn good one and different from the original file or whatever superior file that's in the realm of Stepmania.
3. I'll be trying to shy away from dumps.
3a. Now that said, if the dump file is good and all that jazz, then I'll be considering it.
4. Only 2 files per person, with one extra collab. I don't want a "_______ and friends" Pack x:
4a. Now, this doesn't mean that you're limited to sending only 2 files, you can send more but I'll be considering the top 2 files.
5. I'm not going to set a firm difficulty rating, but that said, I would like to have an even spread of easy and hard files in the pack (So around 15 to 25 on the etterna scale? That seems about right, I'll probably have a file in place as a Boss file if it exceeds the tail end and its actually good)
6. If you try to step Camellia, Sharpnel, Dragonforce....they better be damn good files :T
7. I won't be so strict on the time limit on the files, but if you're going to be stepping a 6 minute prog rock song, it better be good. Just like a 1-minute thing, that will be the case as well :T

Judges: I'll be the sole judge for the pack :U
GFX: To be honest...I really do lack the talent of doing gfx, so if anything, I'll do placeholder banners using MSPaint and hopefully I get volunteers to help out in this department...
Deadline: April 30
Send files to: somestepmaniaproject@gmail.com

Submissions
Broadcast (XelNya)
enjoy yourself (short ver.) (Fisk-)
I'm Getting Serious! (Fisk-)
Otherside [Antronanch]
The Silencer [Antronanch]
Broken Promises (Braeden)
SUSHI PARTY (Sunn0glasses)
Wumbology (Xelnya)
Dracula (Storn)
Cryonix (rparty & Bobby)
From the Depths of Time (Carmelo)
Hot Buttered (Carmelo)
Scorpion Fire (rparty)
Pre-Parade! (ShadowGod)
Magia (ShadowGod)
Mitchiko (Jombo)
Noh Stage (ShadowGod)
Once Upon A Time In Transylvania (Cerdo_Claro)
Study x Study (ShadowGod)
Super Affection (ShadowGod)
PokeMed v2 (Leonid)

Accepted (Bolded will have completed gfx)
5T4RR15E (James May)

Broadcast (XelNya)

Cryonix (rparty & Bobby)

Dracula (Storn)

enjoy yourself (short ver.) (Fisk-)

Michiko (Jombo)

Noh Stage (ShadowGod)

Once Upon A Time In Transylvania (Cerdo_Claro) Song Link
Otherside [Antronanch]

Scorpion Fire (rparty)

Super Affection (ShadowGod) Song Link
SUSHI PARTY (Sunn0glasses) Song link
PokeMed v2 (Leonid)

The Silencer [Antronanch]

Wumbology (Xelnya) Song Link (I mean, it's something from Spongebob, and its a meme at its finest)
YOUNGBIRDS (James May)

Pending

Rejected
Broken Promises (Braeden)
From the Depths of Time (Carmelo)
Hot Buttered (Carmelo)
Pre-Parade! (ShadowGod)
Study x Study (ShadowGod)
Pre-Parade! (ShadowGod)
Magia (ShadowGod)

Kraezymann 01-27-2017 03:41 PM

Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: March 31]

All these packs when I'm trying to quit.

Stahp

kommisar 01-27-2017 03:59 PM

guess i'll oblige and send a file

pretty identical guidelines to xoon lmao

Shikari 01-27-2017 04:06 PM

I can help with gfx. Add me on Discord: Rapha1#6702.

contrapatior 01-27-2017 04:30 PM

will send a chart

-Tim- 01-27-2017 04:37 PM

yea ill try and do something for this

Arntonach 01-27-2017 05:40 PM

I was gonna make a minipack, but now with all these packs coming out I don't think I'll have anything left for it. :S

I'll send some stuff.

XelNya 01-27-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4513955)
pretty identical guidelines to xoon lmao

Pretty much he modded your OP

thief he be

That said I sent something. I was gonna send it to Xoon, but I think I'll finish FLugel on time.

James May 01-27-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 4513956)
I can help with gfx. Add me on Discord: Rapha1#6702.

Will do~

Arntonach 01-28-2017 09:52 AM

Don't forget me! O:

Kalre 01-28-2017 10:16 AM

Ill send something if my Xoon submission is well received lol

James May 01-28-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4514096)
Don't forget me! O:

You can help as well u3u

James May 01-28-2017 11:37 AM

Doing a quickie before I have to get ready for work. I'll take a look at Xel's file and Ant's other file around Wednesday, followed by any other submissions that I get from today to Wednesday.

Otherside
-4.886: ghost note
-7.272 to 12.727: You have the synth layered from 6.818 to 7.272 but ignored the rest of the layering until the first drop approaches, either layer the synth on that section or remove the layering before 7.272 for consistency.
-8.636: Jump is missing here
-12.727 to 14.090: Jump layering skipped here but I'm guessing that's intentional?
+14.545: Nice x-mod section though
=15.626: misisng a 16th here, can place a mine here if you want.
=21.598: Can add a 16th roll here to accentuate the additional sound but I won't harp you too much on that.
=29.105 to 43.650: For me, this section feels a tad underwhelming, I do understand that making this section a holdstream section might make the flow feel cucumbersome but I think you can get away with reducing the length of the freezes, removing the roll freezes and layer the file a tad more (Which if you want to keep it like that, you can make another difficulty with this suggestion)
-46.378 to 75.014: Honestly, you can get away with not layering the freezes on the piano notes.
-61.150 & 61.378: Missing an 8th & 4th respectively
-66.832: Misisng a 4th here
-70.469: Missing a 4th
-72.514: Missing 8th
-106.428 to 114.610: These notes are way off, they should be 32nds actually so shift the notes up.

Overall: Not a bad file, its a fun x-mod file to play. I would say to just clean those up a bit and it'll be good to go for the pack. Leaning towards Accept

Arntonach 01-28-2017 02:03 PM

-4.886: Fixed. Also made the 16th notes consistent at the beginning.
-7.272 to 12.727: Took the notes out, but then it felt like I was baiting someone to restep this. Now there's notes.
-8.636: Whoops. :l
-12.727 to 14.090: Si senor. Added mines to appease the both of us.
+14.545: Half the reason I stepped this song. You'd be surprised how easy the Cross X Beats charts are in comparison. :V
=15.626: I could barely hear it at first (fucking brickwalled lineout sdasf), but after a few listens I heard it. Decided to do that to every other instance of that type of gimmick in case it happens elsewhere and to make it more consistent.
=21.598: That's what the mines are for. :V
=29.105 to 43.650: Removed the rolls and layered it a bit more, but the regular holds are going to remain.
-46.378 to 75.014: Yes ma'am.
-61.150 thru -72.514: For the most part, I followed your lead here, but some of the note you heard I didn't, and we both missed some notes as well. I think we need to get our hearing checked. :S
-106.428 to 114.610: I shifted the notes down to get it back on sync (stupid gimmicks), shifting them up made it worse.

James May 01-29-2017 12:04 AM

Got the fixes. I'll get on to reviewing the other stuff on Wednesday because I have a roast to attend to Also, there is a file that I'm unsure it'll be on here or not because Xoon Legacy so we'll see how that plays out.

James May 02-1-2017 02:36 PM

Bump, will get started on the other two submissions now.

Small edit:

Broadcast is accepted, I'm still debating whether I want The Silencer in or not. I'll give it a few more playthroughs.

cedolad 02-1-2017 08:59 PM

i guess since your notes are pretty thorough and don't use color cordination of how bad your file is

Buta-san 02-1-2017 09:51 PM

Hopefully I'll finish stuff that did n't make it to other dealines

Arntonach 02-1-2017 10:46 PM

I'll agree that The Silencer is different than my usual, and could use some help. If you're not willing to put up with it, I can submit something else that's more structured.

James May 02-2-2017 10:42 PM

I'll get through to doing more notes next week since this weekend I am busy.

Rejected
Broken Promise - I mean...the file isn't bad but the sync veers off at certain times, missed layering opportunities and the file just felt lackluster alongside a mediocre song. It's not your fault, its the fault of the song choice.

Not sure
The Silencer - I love the song, I really think the song is amazing. But, I want to keep this in the backburner in case there's a need for one more easy file to slide into the pack. Although, I will be giving you some details on the notes next week to fix up on some of the layering and whatnot if that's fine with you.

sunn0glasses 02-3-2017 09:51 PM

sent SUSHI PARTY

James May 02-3-2017 10:51 PM

Got it. Will get to it either Tuesday or Wednesday

James May 02-11-2017 09:14 AM

Alright here we go.

For Broadcast: Double check some of the 8th freezes in the intro because they aren't present and are just the 16ths before it, might be my headphones but I've played through it multiple times and I haven't heard anything that would warrant the 8th freezes there.

SUSHI PARTY - Cool file mang. I think for the quads, just clarify on the m because I don't hear a sound that gives it enough "oomph" for the quad.

James May 02-16-2017 07:19 PM

enjoy yourself - It's a fun little file, although that Furry gfx tho :U There are a few things that I kinda disagree on, but its not enough to hamper the experience. If you mind, I can make a few minor changes to the chart and show them to you to see if you agree with them?

I'm Getting Serious! - Kinda felt uninspired really. Not your fault, its the song choice.

Fisk- 02-16-2017 07:51 PM

wow, i thought that im getting serious was much better than the other one :'3
btw feel free to make those changes <3

YoshL 02-16-2017 08:39 PM

i also got i'm getting serious into ffr lmfao

James May 02-16-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisk- (Post 4521298)
wow, i thought that im getting serious was much better than the other one :'3
btw feel free to make those changes <3

To be honest, the beginning of the file really turned me off, I'll try to give it another go on the file and maybe my judgments on the files might change?

James May 02-17-2017 03:44 PM

After double-checking I'm Getting Serious! I'm still sticking by my decision. The anchoring on the handstream just feel forced and cluttered, and the sounds in the beginning with the hands doesn't justify it at all, I tried to play past the intro but I just couldn't grasp the song and the file compared to enjoy yourself, I might be able to let it slide if you do an easier chart for it Fisk-

as for enjoy yourself, I'll make a copy of the chart and do the minor changes on that file to see if you're cool with it.

@Xel: Do you mind if I go on and remove the 8th freezes and just extend the 16ths on broadcast? That's pretty much the only complaint that I have with that file

XelNya 02-23-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4521384)
@Xel: Do you mind if I go on and remove the 8th freezes and just extend the 16ths on broadcast? That's pretty much the only complaint that I have with that file

totes forgot to respond to this but sure you can do them as long as I see them and can make changes afterwards if I want to modify it slightly

not that I think that'd be an issue but just in case.

James May 02-24-2017 10:20 AM

Alrighty. I'll try to get around to doing these stuff on Sunday because I've been feeling like absolute shit as of late LUL Thanks Allergies giving me a migrane :T

Also, stepping something from the new yuigot EP that just released a few days back :U http://maltinerecords.cs8.biz/162.html hmu if anyone wants to collab on it.

James May 02-27-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4525359)
totes forgot to respond to this but sure you can do them as long as I see them and can make changes afterwards if I want to modify it slightly

not that I think that'd be an issue but just in case.

I'll send you the changes via PM , just did a few minor changes to both charts since the spots were the same.

XelNya 03-1-2017 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4526746)
I'll send you the changes via PM , just did a few minor changes to both charts since the spots were the same.

One, I appreciate that you cared enough to do the easier one to. I hadn't seen this post when I went and responded / did the changes (though I did notice when doing other fixes.)

Two, sent you the updated one to the e-mail so it doesn't get lost somehow. Decided to go with the mines because that seemed like a super happy compromise. Also fixed a few errors in layering / hold length.

Appreciate you a lot mang :D

James May 03-1-2017 11:45 AM

No worries Xel c: I'll get around to checking your fixes tomorrow since I'm a bit busy today.

XelNya 03-6-2017 03:12 AM

Sent in a more... Less serious submission, and one of the most dumb things I have charted.

kommisar 03-6-2017 08:17 AM

i have had 0 time to do anything but maybe after these midterm i can poot something out

James May 03-6-2017 10:19 AM

No worries Kommi c:

Also I'll take a look Xel

James May 03-16-2017 05:21 AM

I have not forgotten about this pack. Just a tad busy with life. Cousin is having a baby and time has shifted in helping her plan for the baby shower. Will look at subs when I can.

James May 03-26-2017 12:17 AM

Pack is not dead x.x Going to extend the deadline by another month, hopefully giving people more time to send stuff. Sorry that I've been really irresponsible with maintaining this pack. Will get to sorting out the submissions and hopefully get it released around the middle of May.

Celirra 03-26-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4539246)
Pack is not dead x.x Going to extend the deadline by another month, hopefully giving people more time to send stuff. Sorry that I've been really irresponsible with maintaining this pack. Will get to sorting out the submissions and hopefully get it released around the middle of May.

Quote:

Will get to sorting out the submissions and hopefully get it released around the middle of May.

Quote:

the middle of May.

Quote:

May

DourGent 03-26-2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4539248)

haha i get it

rparty89 03-29-2017 11:40 PM

bump? sent something a day before deadline. whatevs.

James May 03-29-2017 11:42 PM

Gonna check it out when I am off work tomorrow (or today technically, and I extended the deadline xwx)

rparty89 04-1-2017 06:26 PM

rip?

James May 04-1-2017 08:41 PM

not rip. Gonna judge the files in a bit

JOTATELLO 04-2-2017 12:59 PM

The pack will be released after March 31 or after April 30? Lol

James May 04-2-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOTATELLO (Post 4540632)
The pack will be released after March 31 or after April 30? Lol

edit: fixed! Also, I replaced one of my own files since I felt that it was better then what I had initially was going to put in there

Anyhow, notes!

Dracula (Storn) - Accept with fixes
-offset should be 0.640
-holds in the intro felt too long for the warranted sounds. (up until 42.06)
-somehow snaps onsync at 1:00.032, I would check that out since adjusting the offset makes this part off
-would be nice for freezes to go with extending the guitar sounds like the ones in 1:31.157 to accentuate the riff.
-should be a jumptrill for the drum fills like in 1:32.375
-jumps should be applied to the 4ths like in 3:10.460
-jumps should be applied on the 16ths and 8th to be jumptrills on 3:11.304
-sync drifts from 3:37.428 to 3:48.280 where it snaps back on sync
-not a bad file, but should look through some of these instances. Definitely a good change of pace from the usual metal files that are on NBJS haha.

Cryonix (rparty & Bobby) - Fixes needed
*Judging Beginner Chart only, I am not well-versed with index files so I do apologize for that.
-From 31.863 to 32.352, its best fitted as a jumptrill to accentuate the drum sounds.
-Man, I was hoping for a piano roll here (37.080)
-same thing here on 37.733, jump trill
-I think the section from 43.113 to 47.678 are actually 12th stream with the 16 drum fills between? need to double check but the layering (spare from the drum fills) felt way too much and the ghost notes, is it halloween?
-ghost notes on 1:03.086 & 1:03.167
-sync deviates by a 96th from 1:09.689 to 1:13.765
-This isn't a jumptrill on 1:14.254, it's actually a 48th mini split burst [12-43], which you can get away with that because chord cohesion
-1:19.472 is an unneeded quad tbh
-ghost notes from 1:19.716 to 1:20.287
-get rid of that mine on 1:50.946, this will ruin anyone's run if they want to AAA it lmao
-not a bad file, but lots of minor technical issues just ruins the flow tbh.

From the Depths of Time (CARMELLO) - rejected
-sync is off by a 96th, plus the sync drifts
+13.502 made me laugh because it is fitting
-lots of missing layering opportunites for the drums throughout the song after 15.184
-the section from 24.784 to 33.334...wtf those anchors??? aaaaaaaaaaaa that needs lots of reworking the flow is broken here
+the slowdown is actually fitting considering the intensity of the song here.
-1:17.283 ...ygisdufsg
-1:20.433 you made it into a jump but the following notes are 64th mini-bursts? Consistency please.
-ghost notes, should be shifted up on 1:25.158 & 1:25.308
-1:31.983 ...yare yare daze....at least it wasn't as bad as the first anchored section but there was no flow to be felt there.
-I think you were a bit late on the burst on 1:41.583, that should be shifted up an entire 16th with the 4th being a jump
-the anchoring needs to go on 1:46.383
-This file needs major fixing. There's the fundamentals of basic stepping done on this file but this would need a major revamping before I can consider the file accepted.

Wumbology (Xelnya) - I love you, but I hate you lmfao
...goddammit Xel, I love you but I hate you lmfao
-Although ya missed a mine on 27.590, shift it up from where the 8th jump is
-and check the hand usage in the latter half, the ones that used as an anchor for the "long" jacks, I don't think the sound is warranted there.

Hot Buttered (CARMELLO) - rejected
-sync is a bit off so just adjust it a bit
-This is the better file of the two but there are major jump inconsistencies throughout the file. I would like that you take a look throughout the file to fix the jump placements. I would actually like to see this fixed up more than your other submission to be honest.

rparty89 04-2-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4540721)
Cryonix (rparty & Bobby) - Fixes needed
*Judging Beginner Chart only, I am not well-versed with index files so I do apologize for that.
-From 31.863 to 32.352, its best fitted as a jumptrill to accentuate the drum sounds.
-Man, I was hoping for a piano roll here (37.080)
-same thing here on 37.733, jump trill
-I think the section from 43.113 to 47.678 are actually 12th stream with the 16 drum fills between? need to double check but the layering (spare from the drum fills) felt way too much and the ghost notes, is it halloween?
-ghost notes on 1:03.086 & 1:03.167
-sync deviates by a 96th from 1:09.689 to 1:13.765
-This isn't a jumptrill on 1:14.254, it's actually a 48th mini split burst [12-43], which you can get away with that because chord cohesion
-1:19.472 is an unneeded quad tbh
-ghost notes from 1:19.716 to 1:20.287
-get rid of that mine on 1:50.946, this will ruin anyone's run if they want to AAA it lmao
-not a bad file, but lots of minor technical issues just ruins the flow tbh.

spooky halloween.
fixed everything, including your rollololol.
your "12ths" are actually 8ths
your 96ths are 192nds (most of them)
sent however.

James May 04-2-2017 11:07 PM

Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: April 30th]

Will look at it after work tomorrow

XelNya 04-2-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

-and check the hand usage in the latter half, the ones that used as an anchor for the "long" jacks, I don't think the sound is warrented there.

I WUMBO. YOU WUMBO. WUMBO. WUMBOLOGY, THE STUDY OF WUMBO.

You gotta admit it's a good meme

Shadow_God_10 04-2-2017 11:20 PM

Oh goodie! I'll throw in a file or two your way once I finish them up. Only time I can actually work on stuff is at night lmao

James May 04-2-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rparty89 (Post 4540728)
spooky halloween.
fixed everything, including your rollololol.
your "12ths" are actually 8ths
your 96ths are 192nds (most of them)
sent however.

Also, scorpion fire when

rparty89 04-3-2017 01:27 AM

Scorpion fire now.

Arntonach 04-3-2017 03:48 AM

I have a super old file that I was working on that ended up in a solo compilation. If I fixed it up all snazzy like, will you take it?

James May 04-3-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4540757)
I have a super old file that I was working on that ended up in a solo compilation. If I fixed it up all snazzy like, will you take it?

For this occasion, I'll let you send it, as it's technically a v2

James May 04-3-2017 05:10 PM

wew

Scorpion Fire (rparty) - Accept
(I am assuming the challenge chart is yours)
-Love it. Minor notes placements in the intro and ending but otherwise, accept
-intro notes: shift the following notes down: 11.812, 12.177, 12.398, 12.521, and 12.643
-remove the two notes on 12.704 and 12.744
-shift the notes down to 2:01.456, 2:02.414, 2:03.872, 2:04.393 and 2:04.956 in the ending

Cryonix (fixed version) - Accept
-Much better, there was one misplaced hold but if you don't mind, I can easily fix that.

storn42 04-3-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Dracula (Storn) - Accept with fixes
-offset should be 0.640

fixed

Quote:

-holds in the intro felt too long for the warranted sounds. (up until 42.06)
i'd argue that the notes are warranted as the first note of each section is being "held". i can still hear the note through the shorter sections but as it does seem to fade during the longer sections i shortened those.

Quote:

-somehow snaps onsync at 1:00.032, I would check that out since adjusting the offset makes this part off
fixed

Quote:

-would be nice for freezes to go with extending the guitar sounds like the ones in 1:31.157 to accentuate the riff.
wow.... i've been going back and fourth trying to figure out what this means all day lol. i think i got what you mean and i really like the idea!

Quote:

-should be a jumptrill for the drum fills like in 1:32.375
i feel like turning those into jump trills takes a way from the file. the drum is already shown off be having the pattern change to trills and there is an accent at the end that wouldn't get shown off.

Quote:

-jumps should be applied to the 4ths like in 3:10.460
Not sure what you mean here

Quote:

-jumps should be applied on the 16ths and 8th to be jumptrills on 3:11.304
done.

Quote:

-sync drifts from 3:37.428 to 3:48.280 where it snaps back on sync
more or less just the band failing to hold a steady tempo. fixed.

Quote:

-not a bad file, but should look through some of these instances. Definitely a good change of pace from the usual metal files that are on NBJS haha.
:D

sent fixes.

James May 04-3-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4540911)
sent fixes.

Got it and ya locked clear fam

rparty89 04-3-2017 10:57 PM

You can fix the freeze wherever it is. Plus cool shit. I'll maybe fix scorpion.

James May 04-3-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rparty89 (Post 4540915)
You can fix the freeze wherever it is. Plus cool shit. I'll maybe fix scorpion.

Cool. Like I said, its nothing too major and can be easily fixed from my end.

Shadow_God_10 04-3-2017 11:31 PM

I'll most likely be sending 3 files maybe 4 for sure

1. Pre-Parade (Toradora! OP)
2. Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul OP) <--- This is the maybe. I'm having issues with it, anyone wanna help?
3. Magia (Puella Magi Madoka Magica ED)
4. Noh Stage (TMNT Tournament Fighters)

Noh Stage will most likely be sent your way first (Expect jacks and minijacks)

James May 04-4-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4540921)
I'll most likely be sending 3 files maybe 4 for sure

1. Pre-Parade (Toradora! OP)
2. Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul OP) <--- This is the maybe. I'm having issues with it, anyone wanna help?
3. Magia (Puella Magi Madoka Magica ED)
4. Noh Stage (TMNT Tournament Fighters)

Noh Stage will most likely be sent your way first (Expect jacks and minijacks)

I know that Magia has been stepped I think twice or three times? I know that Eze did one and Attang did one as well, so it'd be interesting to see a non dump approach to it. And Pre-Parade I think was stepped before as well? (Kommi or GD confirm please?) so for those two make sure they're top notch c:

XelNya 04-4-2017 04:05 AM

Quote:

-and check the hand usage in the latter half, the ones that used as an anchor for the "long" jacks, I don't think the sound is warranted there.

D-d-did you just take my joke file seriously?!

Anywho. lol the mine. Also I dunno which "long" jacks you're referring to (I consider the ones in my Highscore file to be long, tbh these are pretty short to me) but I'm gonna assume it's the end, and tbh my entire reason is: There are technically three sounds (Guitar / drum kick / snare frequently, odd synthy effect as well otherwise) and I wanted to separate it from the snare trills.

It's more that 2nd one than the first though. I'm willing to change 'em but would honestly prefer they remain the same.

Shadow_God_10 04-4-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4540937)
I know that Magia has been stepped I think twice or three times? I know that Eze did one and Attang did one as well, so it'd be interesting to see a non dump approach to it. And Pre-Parade I think was stepped before as well? (Kommi or GD confirm please?) so for those two make sure they're top notch c:

I believe Kommisar stepped Sakura Saku, which is the OP to Love Hina. As for Magia I've listened to it A LOT and it's going to be very fun to step. No need to worry about me making dumps. I don't make dump files :D

EDIT: I fixed the issue I was having with Unravel. you'll be getting 4 submissions from me fo'sheezy

James May 04-4-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4540961)
D-d-did you just take my joke file seriously?!

Anywho. lol the mine. Also I dunno which "long" jacks you're referring to (I consider the ones in my Highscore file to be long, tbh these are pretty short to me) but I'm gonna assume it's the end, and tbh my entire reason is: There are technically three sounds (Guitar / drum kick / snare frequently, odd synthy effect as well otherwise) and I wanted to separate it from the snare trills.

It's more that 2nd one than the first though. I'm willing to change 'em but would honestly prefer they remain the same.

It was too hilarious to not not accept it lmao

XelNya 04-4-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4540975)
It was too hilarious to not not accept it lmao

^__^

Wumbo.

Shadow_God_10 04-5-2017 08:10 AM

Unravel

Magia

Pre-Parade

I promise they're not dump files. You'll probably end up with Pre-Parade first. I dropped Noh Stage because it's too repetitive

James May 04-6-2017 12:53 PM

Wew, looking forward to then Shadow :U

Shadow_God_10 04-6-2017 09:26 PM

Pre-Parade is done, I'm just going over it to see if I've missed anything and I'll send it over to you, I tried to balance fun and difficulty so hopefully it'll be a success

EDIT: As of now it's sent!

James May 04-7-2017 11:14 AM

Alright, I'll check out when I'm not feeling like shit haha

Shadow_God_10 04-8-2017 12:47 AM

Unravel will definitely be the last submission you get from me (it's a bitch to step properly) So I'll probably send in Super Affection (Carnival Phantasm OP) or Magia, whichever one you're looking forward to. I'll try not to give you carpel tunnel <3

James May 04-9-2017 11:42 AM

Pre-Parade
-Offset should be -1.053, times will be used with this offset.
-19.803 to 20.553: I would say to just leave the freezes as singles accompanying the jumps. Having them as jump freezes just makes it look like its taking up space.
-the trill at 25.053, although its actually 32nds, keep it as 24ths for difficulty moderation haha. If you want to make a slightly harder chart, then you can make that trill into a 32nd roll.
-surprised that you missed jump opportunities like 28.990 & 29.365 when you have been layering those consistently.
-29.740 is a single tap considering that you have been layering the drums as jumps on the 4ths and 8ths.
-that whole second jumpstream section needs to be more consistent. The first jumpstream you had the jumps layered to the drums but then the second one you have it layered to the vocals?
-the ending js though, I'll let you get away with it as its the ending and its ~ClImAx~, although you're missing a 4th freeze right at the ending of the file :U (01.26.553)
This is just minor technical stuff I looked up before I go on and play the file.

e: the file's fine, just send me the fixes. Not accepting it just yet because you have a few more files to send over.

Shadow_God_10 04-9-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4541842)
Pre-Parade
-Offset should be -1.053, times will be used with this offset.
-19.803 to 20.553: I would say to just leave the freezes as singles accompanying the jumps. Having them as jump freezes just makes it look like its taking up space.
-the trill at 25.053, although its actually 32nds, keep it as 24ths for difficulty moderation haha. If you want to make a slightly harder chart, then you can make that trill into a 32nd roll.
-surprised that you missed jump opportunities like 28.990 & 29.365 when you have been layering those consistently.
-29.740 is a single tap considering that you have been layering the drums as jumps on the 4ths and 8ths.
-that whole second jumpstream section needs to be more consistent. The first jumpstream you had the jumps layered to the drums but then the second one you have it layered to the vocals?
-the ending js though, I'll let you get away with it as its the ending and its ~ClImAx~, although you're missing a 4th freeze right at the ending of the file :U (01.26.553)
This is just minor technical stuff I looked up before I go on and play the file.

e: the file's fine, just send me the fixes. Not accepting it just yet because you have a few more files to send over.

OH I don't think you listened to the song enough or it was a my bad I'll have to go look, I intentionally stepped the snare and drum beat for the opening because if I added anything else it would get ShadowGod syndrome and have a replay value of -9.5/10

I'll definitely fix that jump freeze for sure it'll probably be a up down up down instead of ud lr up lr.

I'll take a gander at the 24th trill, I slowed it down as I too, thought it was 32nds but it was 24ths

The vocals and snare sometimes hit on the same jumps, do you want me to make a harder chart acknowledging that fact or send in the minor fixes.

I'm halfway through Magia so you can expect that one next (I promise it's not a dump! It'll have the same quality as Pre-Parade)

James May 04-9-2017 03:19 PM

That's up to you Shadow, if you want to make another chart then by all means be my guest

Shadow_God_10 04-9-2017 04:26 PM

Yeah on second thought I'm trying to steer away from ShadowGod syndrome... I'll send in the fixes for Pre-Parade and Magia in one batch to keep things easy for you.

Also: Shameless promotion, GO STEP SOMETHING FOR MAH PACK BRUH

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't read what you said properly

I fixed the jump freezes

When I slowed down the music again it's not a consistent 32nd roll it would be up to the 16th, then a break to the 8th and then another 32nd down to the 4th of the next beat. wanna just say fuck it and keep the 24th trill for consistency purposes or just make the whole thing a consistent 32nd?

that 8th step you said should be a single is a jump. It's layered with the vocals- as is 98% of the file, save for the first jumpstream at the beginning before the 1st verse.

and added the final freeze you said I missed (oopsie)

Next up for you is Magia

James May 04-14-2017 11:31 AM

Bumping because its not dead and people send stuff :T You only have 16 days to go before graphics process start up :U

James May 04-14-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4541871)
When I slowed down the music again it's not a consistent 32nd roll it would be up to the 16th, then a break to the 8th and then another 32nd down to the 4th of the next beat. wanna just say fuck it and keep the 24th trill for consistency purposes or just make the whole thing a consistent 32nd?

Keep them as 24th for that trill

Shadow_God_10 04-14-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4542591)
Keep them as 24th for that trill

LOL I made it a 32nd trill to the 8th because that's what it was when I slowed it down again but if you want I'll change it back.

I'm almost done Magia... For some reason it kept falling off sync to the 48th but I think I fixed it. Once Magia is done I'll send the fix to Pre-Parade and Magia. Unravel won't be done in time but I DO have another file I'm working on. If it comes along nicely I'll send it in for ya bruh

Shadow_God_10 04-18-2017 07:35 AM

Bump. Sent in Magia (Random ass BPM changes sorry LOL I'll explain once you review it)

Also sent in the fixes for Pre-Parade!

Also I MIGHT drop Unravel... It seems too... all over the place. If you want me to finish it anyway I will

James May 04-21-2017 01:37 PM

So yeah...my laptop is officially bricked. Submissions will be postponed until I get a new laptop. It stopped working last night and not even a system restore works. I'll get back onto the pack once I get a new laptop

I have everything backed up in my USB so all is not lost thankfully.

Shadow_God_10 04-21-2017 01:48 PM

Shit son. Was looking forward to dat Magia review you had for me. Sent you a pm