Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The election (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145945)

devonin 11-14-2016 03:37 PM

Re: The election

This thread is starting to devolve. Try to keep it pointful and civil.

choof 11-14-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4493505)
(Not actually about Trump specifically nor really targeted at you)

When people make this statement, what do they want from the rioters? To actually "peacefully protest" or to shut up and accept what they're served? I protest a lot and while I've never been prone to violent rioting I have a handful of friends more willing to fuck shit up than I am if they believe the situation calls for it. Usually when I hear this argument (and it is VERY often), the person saying it usually seems to think MLK Jr was a hand-holding hippy who worshiped the white community.

what I want from rioters is to calm the fuck down and protest peacefully. looting and rioting does nothing to advance your point, all it does is make people pay attention to you and stereotype you as violent thugs. peaceful protesting should always, always, be about dialogue. what the fuck is the dialogue put forth by violence? to fight fire with fire.

Quote:

I don't think mindless violence will accomplish anything (and in regards to Trump that goes for both sides) but what the fuck do people mean when they say "peaceful protesting"? Living in the city teaches you quickly that holding hands, singing songs and brandishing your "Love Trumps Hate" signs WON'T ACCOMPLISH JACKSHIT. Change only comes when people actually shake shit up.
yeah no shit shaking things up is the way to go, but like you said,

Quote:

I don't support ransacking or looting or actual violence, but a successful "peaceful protest" (at least IME the protests that actually get legislation signed) still requires you actually shake shit up like chain yourself to a building or illegally sit inside an office until arrest.
ransacking, looting, violence does nothing. beating the shit out of trump supporters does nothing. it's a net negative.

Quote:

And with that in mind, I don't think Trump supporters would even support true peaceful protesting (hurr hurr guns hurr hurr hypocrisy) because aren't we supposed to "fall in line" now?
how many people voted for trump? what are the chances that all of them aren't open to real dialogue? don't let the internet alt-right shitlords get you upset. not all trump supporters are pieces of shit. just like not all hillary supporters are pieces of shit.

there are good people on both sides. those good people need to start talking, not sending each other death threats.

korny 11-14-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4493517)
Try to keep it civil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4493519)
don't let the few trump supporters on ffr get you upset because they're huge shitlords

Hey now, let's keep it civil, choof. Love trumps hate

choof 11-14-2016 04:30 PM

same

rayword45 11-14-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

yeah no shit shaking things up is the way to go, but like you said, ransacking, looting, violence does nothing. beating the shit out of trump supporters does nothing. it's a net negative.

So long as we're in basic agreement here I'm satisfied. The term "peaceful protesting" leads to too much confusion when people equate it to meaningless, aimless jam-band bullshit.

Quote:

how many people voted for trump? what are the chances that all of them aren't open to real dialogue? don't let the few trump supporters on ffr get you upset because they're huge shitlords. not all trump supporters are pieces of shit. just like not all hillary supporters are pieces of shit.

there are good people on both sides. those good people need to start talking, not sending each other death threats.

I'd agree with this except at the moment Trump hasn't DONE anything to protest yet (besides pick a shitty cabinet?). This is me though, I just can't see the point of protesting, violent or non-violent, when NOTHING is gonna come from it before January (unless you actually believe the anti-Electoral College protests have a chance LMFAO yeah right).

When Trump has some power to actually, like, fuck up the Paris Agreement at the very moment then yeah it's time to start shaking shit up but right now it's just pointless and won't change shit.

choof 11-14-2016 05:43 PM

imo people should be protesting the republican win of the senate and house more than the trump presidency

devonin 11-14-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 4493522)
Hey now, let's keep it civil, choof. Love trumps hate

Korny is right Choof, lets not with the direct personal attacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4493531)
imo people should be protesting the republican win of the senate and house more than the trump presidency

The last time the republicans held the house, senate, and presidency at the same time, the next major event that happened was the Great Depression.

korny 11-14-2016 06:51 PM

Thank you choof

choof 11-14-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4493538)

The last time the republicans held the house, senate, and presidency at the same time, the next major event that happened was the Great Depression.

i was just thinking about religious assholes and repubs hating women but okay fuck me

rayword45 11-14-2016 08:43 PM

Before we have a Great Depression we're gonna have a dead planet based on Trump's movements towards fucking up the slight progress we've made in favor of MORE OIL MORE OIL

j-rodd123 11-18-2016 01:28 PM

so these people trump is appointing positions to are pretty terrible huh? i mean sessions/pompeo/bannon? wtf is the deal with that, pretty disgraceful imo

Rapta 11-18-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4494327)
so these people trump is appointing positions to are pretty terrible huh? i mean sessions/pompeo/bannon? wtf is the deal with that, pretty disgraceful imo

how are they terrible?

choof 11-18-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4494333)
how are they terrible?

jeff sessions is extremely conservative, opposes abortion, was in favor of the war in iraq (a huge fucking mistake), is against same-sex marriage, and wanted to deny funding to a school organization because of homosexuals

"an organization that professes to be comprised of homosexuals and/or lesbians may not receive state funding or use state-supported facilities to foster or promote those illegal, *1551 sexually deviate activities defined in the sodomy and sexual misconduct laws"

this was ruled by the us district court as a violation of the first amendment.

pompeo is a huge supporter of the nsa surveillance programs. there are a few other things that make him out to be a piece of shit but this is the only thing that matters given that he's been selected to be the fucking director of the CIA.

bannon is the executive chairman of breitbart and has been connected to the alt-right

FoJaR 12-7-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 4492264)
It's called the branches of government jabroni

the three branch system has been damaged by the senate's disregard for the constitution.

this has nothing to do with trump, just saying.