Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Jake Ferguson 02-1-2012 11:44 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itwontsuckitself (Post 3629422)
MORE SORTING OPTIONS
i want songs sorted by stepfile author and by the band/dj/ w/e made that song

This sorting is on the velocity engine, it's been on there for about a week or so. There's also NPS and total arrow options too.

Velocity 02-2-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3626986)
After pressing "Preview signature" while editing it, something that tells you how many pixels tall and wide it is, to let us know when we're going over the maximum?

That would likely require editing of vBulletin files which is extremely annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3626990)
Why cant I view by level anymore :s

Sort by 'Level' it's the same as (ID)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itwontsuckitself (Post 3629422)
MORE SORTING OPTIONS
i want songs sorted by stepfile author and by the band/dj/ w/e made that song

These were added into the last Velocity engine update, if you mean including them into Legacy engine, it won't be happening as I'm no longer updating it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itwontsuckitself (Post 3629419)
Notestreak madness/Notestreak insanity

how many of you have FC'd a song but wondered...if that song kept on going on and on and on and on what would my notestreak be?

with notestreak madness/insanity a song would keep repeating till you miss a note

That would be a fun mode to have and I believe it should be pretty easy to include, but I'm not sure how I would handle scores recorded in that mode.

justin_ator 02-2-2012 12:28 AM

Would there be a way to simply keep a separate running total? Something that wouldn't affect the combo for scoring?

EDIT: Misunderstood his request, so I'll throw out two cents on what I thought and what he meant:

His idea: I like it, but playing a song over and over again til you break combo is kinda repetitive lol, might have to just implement that mode kind of like if you activated a bot? Scores wouldn't record, etc?

My thought of what his idea was: What about just a running total for ANY songs you play consecutively without a miss? The songs wouldn't play in a row non-stop, but a running total of your combo would be kinda fun to see how high it could get. (I realize this is probably somewhat impossible seeing as the game would need to store your combo between songs, which is....lol)

yo man im awesome 02-8-2012 05:29 PM

Two things:

1.) With the new sort by's en Velo's engine with the drop down list, allow that to be as permanent as everything else. I've noticed that every time you finish a file, and you go back to the list, it goes back to default, while all the other search functions remain the same.

2.) Variations 2 and Guitar Sounds Gamma's as skill tokens plox

Anaru 02-8-2012 05:37 PM

Variations 2 Gamma is insane as fuc ;_;

Emithith 02-8-2012 05:38 PM

you know, I just thought of something, if I can find out where the other vB forum I visit got their automerge double post mechanism, you should implement it. It would keep it from happening and mods from merging them

j-rodd123 02-12-2012 07:27 PM

a sports/sporting events/fitness sub forum would be pretty cool imo

Ziergdsx18 02-16-2012 01:02 PM

-Bump-

Add support for NicoNicoDouga videos for the random thoughts on profiles.

Colour Stream 02-18-2012 07:11 PM

1) make ffr iPhone/Android compatible xD

2) have saved settings options so you dont have to keep switching in between different options. For example if you wanted to aaa some song you could have saved settings for that.

3) make ffr able to be slowed down. no, i DONT mean arrow speed, i mean the whole song itself. almost like a "practice" mode if you would want to call it, where you could practice a song and get better at it but it wouldn't count for points if you wouldn't want (or maybe seperate highscores for seperate speeds?)

MaxGhost 02-18-2012 07:20 PM

At the above:

1) Not gonna happen, ever.
2) If you mean settings profiles, that could be interesting, but it's not worth the effort at all.
3) Again, won't happen. Too much work to implement with the current FFR engine. It might be possible with the next engine Velocity ends up building though. Would be cool.

Also, bug: 12+ no longer filters out 13s like it used to before the Valentine's day patch.

Colour Stream 02-18-2012 07:54 PM

meh. it was worth a shot for the first one. figured velocity could make u able to click the arrow instead of a keyboard and then just use a phone, but yeah probably a dumb idea. the 2nd one i figured would be nice even if you had your own designable arrows and be able to share those profiles/designs, but I know thats a whole other story.

igotrhythm 02-18-2012 09:18 PM

Actually, on the legacy engine you can use the mouse to click the receptors. For obvious reasons, this approach is not recommended.

One Winged Angel 02-21-2012 07:23 PM

Can there be a way to access earlier versions of the Velo engine?

Whenever there's an engine update, 80% of the time I tend to get a shitton more lag compared to what I was getting prior to the update.

Mau5 02-24-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colour Stream (Post 3640444)
3) make ffr able to be slowed down. no, i DONT mean arrow speed, i mean the whole song itself. almost like a "practice" mode if you would want to call it, where you could practice a song and get better at it but it wouldn't count for points if you wouldn't want (or maybe seperate highscores for seperate speeds?)

I like the idea of being able to practice a specific part of a song or have a practice mode haha, with unrecorded scores. Just like edit/change song on SM without the edit/change haha.

Anaru 02-25-2012 04:37 PM

slow down? how about rates for songs ;o
vertex beta 1.5 hehe

JJTrixX 02-25-2012 04:42 PM

i motion for progressive mp activity

bmah 03-2-2012 01:46 AM

If the Indeed Team is willing to collaborate to use their framer-hit detecting program for FFR, that'd be awesome. It'd be great if people are able to spew out an image of the chart they've played with the framers they've hit relative to the actual note positions. For more context on what I'm saying, see here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...69#post3649369

DossarLX ODI 03-6-2012 01:26 PM

I'd suggest an option that if you delete a replay, a popup comes up and says which replay you're deleting so you don't nuke a wrong replay by accident.

yo man im awesome 03-6-2012 03:44 PM

The ability to make custom difficulties for songs as we see fit, from anywhere between 1 and 14, (while the original difficulty still being there, they could always reset in the options menu) so that people can see the difficulties the way they think they should be. Also possibility to rearrange the files in the genres, for those who don't use the song search by now.

Ninty64 03-6-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3652508)
I'd suggest an option that if you delete a replay, a popup comes up and says which replay you're deleting so you don't nuke a wrong replay by accident.

As silly as it sounds, I think this idea is awesome :)

(That's how I accidentally deleted my only FGO AAA replay)