Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

TC_Halogen 01-15-2012 02:13 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Unrecorded scores form: add an exception that stops a lower score from overwriting a potentially higher score in your level ranks. You probably should also add a BBcode message to post in the Unrecorded Scores Thread, too. I just tested this out on my debit13 account by overwriting a 3 good score on Treasure Planet with a score that only made it 250 arrows in.

This should be somewhat of a high priority, because it can unintentionally affect player's scores without them knowing it.

Zakvvv666 01-21-2012 01:03 AM

Just because I want this seriously considered, please add a "sort by note count" function. For some reason I like knowing how many notes a song has in it, and when my internet is slow it gets annoying loading songs to check.

emulord 01-21-2012 01:09 AM

Full combo everything, then sort by max combo

Zakvvv666 01-21-2012 01:11 AM

I don't like ***gotmashing FGO's

Cyth The Raccoon 01-25-2012 07:02 PM

Another quick suggestion!

I think the secret songs should be unlocked based on the total amount of credits you have gotten overall throughout your account. For example, you start an account and get 4000 credits. You then decide to buy a song, and lose 1000. Your account total is still 4000, even though you have spent some. However, getting credits through trade shouldn't unlock songs. So, if someone sends you 120k credits, you don't get the secret songs because you did not (technically) earn them. So, your total will still be the same as before you have recieved the credits. A little confusing, but.. hey. :3

I think it should be encouraged to spend credits on songs, use them for tournaments (donating or creating) and challenges without worrying about losing the songs in the secret genre. n.n

reuben_tate 01-25-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyth The Raccoon (Post 3624489)
Another quick suggestion!

I think the secret songs should be unlocked based on the total amount of credits you have gotten overall throughout your account. For example, you start an account and get 4000 credits. You then decide to buy a song, and lose 1000. Your account total is still 4000, even though you have spent some. However, getting credits through trade shouldn't unlock songs. So, if someone sends you 120k credits, you don't get the secret songs because you did not (technically) earn them. So, your total will still be the same as before you have recieved the credits. A little confusing, but.. hey. :3

I think it should be encouraged to spend credits on songs, use them for tournaments (donating or creating) and challenges without worrying about losing the songs in the secret genre. n.n

I think having a certain amount of credits right then and there in order to play the secret songs, rather than "total received", is one of the things that give credits at least some value. Also, you forget that people can win credits via tournament winnings; I think someone that received credits from someone for winning a tourney has very well earned them.

Cyth The Raccoon 01-25-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3624494)
I think having a certain amount of credits right then and there in order to play the secret songs, rather than "total received", is one of the things that give credits at least some value. Also, you forget that people can win credits via tournament winnings; I think someone that received credits from someone for winning a tourney has very well earned them.

True, but credits can also be used for the aforementioned purchased genre, challenges and tournaments. Secret is just one of the genres, and having songs that unlock based on how much you play may feel more rewarding to some than just "obtain x credits". I was just throwing that out there. n.n

bmah 01-25-2012 08:09 PM

I agree that you shouldn't lose your songs after you've earnt enough credits. Losing secret songs is probably the byproduct of crappy coding.

yo man im awesome 01-25-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3624537)
I agree that you shouldn't lose your songs after you've earnt enough credits. Losing secret songs is probably the byproduct of crappy coding.

If we were to implement that, then I propose that we drastically raising the credit requirements for each song. Because 150k wouldn't be NEARLY enough.

Mau5 01-28-2012 11:46 PM

Auto-Restart?

_Zenith_ 01-28-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau5 (Post 3626457)
Auto-Restart?

I don't get this at all. You can set it up so if you get 1 good, it stops the song and you can retry or do another song...

Mau5 01-29-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 3626459)
I don't get this at all. You can set it up so if you get 1 good, it stops the song and you can retry or do another song...

Referring to Velocities engine where if you hit the restart button it immediately restarts the song without saving your rank or scores. Easier than having to find the song over and over again or search it. Not much of a necessity, but a luxury haha.

Cyth The Raccoon 01-29-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau5 (Post 3626468)
Referring to Velocities engine where if you hit the restart button it immediately restarts the song without saving your rank or scores. Easier than having to find the song over and over again or search it. Not much of a necessity, but a luxury haha.

Well, the hotkey button doesn't save scores, but auto-fail and booing out does. Just do that, then hit restart. You don't need to search for the song again if you want the score to record. n.n

MaxGhost 01-29-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau5 (Post 3626468)

By default, ctrl will quit the song and save the score...

rayword45 01-29-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3626615)
By default, ctrl will quit the song and save the score...

Not if it's 0-0-0-0-0

yo man im awesome 01-29-2012 08:21 PM

After pressing "Preview signature" while editing it, something that tells you how many pixels tall and wide it is, to let us know when we're going over the maximum?

dragonmegaXX 01-29-2012 08:25 PM

Why cant I view by level anymore :s

Itwontsuckitself 02-1-2012 10:50 PM

Notestreak madness/Notestreak insanity

how many of you have FC'd a song but wondered...if that song kept on going on and on and on and on what would my notestreak be?

with notestreak madness/insanity a song would keep repeating till you miss a note

Itwontsuckitself 02-1-2012 10:51 PM

MORE SORTING OPTIONS
i want songs sorted by stepfile author and by the band/dj/ w/e made that song

Cyth The Raccoon 02-1-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itwontsuckitself (Post 3629422)
MORE SORTING OPTIONS
i want songs sorted by stepfile author and by the band/dj/ w/e made that song

Oh, apparently they added this; didn't even notice. n.n

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itwontsuckitself (Post 3629419)
Notestreak madness/Notestreak insanity

how many of you have FC'd a song but wondered...if that song kept on going on and on and on and on what would my notestreak be?

with notestreak madness/insanity a song would keep repeating till you miss a note

This is actually a neat idea; sort of like marathons in SM, where you will continue playing random songs. I'd imagine this would be hard to code, though. Plus, they'd have to find a way to record the scores without going to a total screen. It could be bypassed by making it it's own level, like "Marathon" which will keep playing random songs, and you could go for however you want or until you fail.. but I wouldn't want that added to the level ranks, that would be insane, hehe. Nevertheless, +1!

Also, there's an option to edit your post in the bottom right of your post. This will prevent 1-minute double posts. :3