Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Zakvvv666 01-12-2012 06:22 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 3613988)
Return the store.

Make a little extra cash, and perhaps fund the site.

Site makes $0 atm, and probably will continue to for certain reasons that I don't recall.

rayword45 01-12-2012 06:26 PM

IIRC, it was that they didn't want to give people the idea that they were owed anything.

I'd love to see the store back since for obvious reasons they don't owe you shit after that.

Hell, I'd be FINE with ads as long as they weren't pop-ups (although no ads is still better)

Netjet! 01-12-2012 06:49 PM

AFAIK we "were" a "non-profit" site. Don't quote me on this because there was a definite discussion on it which I wasn't present for.

alloyus 01-12-2012 07:07 PM

A percentage graph that comes with your saved replays showing where you messed up and by how much, kind of like the NPS graphs where x is the time and y is the percentage, starting at 100% and going down depending on the mistakes made, maybe something like Soundcloud where if you scroll over a certain area a little pop-up will tell you exact numbers where x happened.

awein999 01-12-2012 07:10 PM

A way to view your last 100 games played or even 1000 instead of max of 10.

justin_ator 01-12-2012 09:32 PM

^Definitely a good idea. I'd like to see this as well.

hXcalltheway 01-12-2012 10:46 PM

What ever happened to instant 100% load on a song you've already played "that" day?

justin_ator 01-12-2012 10:59 PM

This was posted forever ago by bmah and myself, reposting again just because it might be worth another shot...not going to start a new thread over it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3569111)
There really needs to be serious reconsideration for all of the veteran's privileges and determine which ones are fundamental and basic. Those that do fall into that category should immediately be released for all regular users. Truly non-essential features should be reserved for veteran users.

Current Vet Perks (if you can think of more, tell us what they are):
Early song release, beta level reader, credit transaction history, view others' levelranks, the veteran forum, top average players list, blue name, 25 max for PM's, token levelranks (was this changed?).

What should be moved to non-vet:
PM limit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah
PMs are basic in every internet forum. Differing privileges between two groups should not exist. Everyone should be able to submit the max amount of PMs and while one can argue that more than 5 senders is an option, it still doesn't really lend itself as a noticeable/significant "award" for veterans anyhow

Token levelranks.
Quote:

if tokens were relegated to veterans only, this would make sense. However, tokens are a supplement to the game that everyone can access.

Credit Transaction Log
Quote:

Another necessity that once again doesn't really lend itself as a reward an achiever (the veteran) can appreciate after all these years of playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator
"so-and-so screwed me on this transaction but I can't prove it cause I'm not a vet and can't view the log!"

Top Average Players List
....lol why would this be vet only?

What should be moved to vet (if any):
???

Are there any things we could make vet or come up with for vets that aren't really public-type things? I realize we are the only ones with access to Velo's latest project, and that is a good start since we can Beta test it, but what other things are there? Something I think would be a cool change is if certain features that were getting released were released for vets only to Beta test for like a week or two, then released to the public. Hell, maybe the gambling hall or punch [user] could be reimplemented and made vet only...I just think some of this stuff needs to be reconsidered and made public due to their nature.

Current Suggestions:
Higher limit for saving replays. I thought this was the plan originally, but I think it got shelved for the time being.

Zageron 01-13-2012 03:54 AM

Majority of "Veteran" perks are left over from Subscriptions.
This will be looked into as we continue development.

Cyth The Raccoon 01-13-2012 07:11 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I believe that having a way to favourite a song on the rank screen would be useful (or at least on the song list).

It's just a minor hassle finding the song after playing it, especially if you found the song in the song list and you can't find it in the genres. n.n

hXcalltheway 01-13-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyth The Raccoon (Post 3614433)
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I believe that having a way to favourite a song on the rank screen would be useful (or at least on the song list).

It's just a minor hassle finding the song after playing it, especially if you found the song in the song list and you can't find it in the genres. n.n

Not sure if this is what you're asking exactly but you can add "favorites from the genre itself with the + sign that's next to the songs..

Velocity 01-13-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyth The Raccoon (Post 3614433)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hXcalltheway (Post 3614437)
Not sure if this is what you're asking exactly but you can add "favorites from the genre itself with the + sign that's next to the songs..

I'm guessing he's talking about the drop-down menu. Only problem is that there's not much room there to place anything new. Favorites on the results screen was requested before but was never added.

Cyth The Raccoon 01-13-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hXcalltheway (Post 3614437)

Well, I meant a way that's more convenient for that. Let me give you an example.

I take a look through the song list. I find a song that's a decent length and difficulty, so I play it. It turns out to be fun. I'd like to add it to favourites, but I have no idea which genre or page it's on. There's obvious solutions such as checking in the off-game song list, or searching blindly.

I'd prefer for a simple fix though, which is being able to add songs to your favourites easier; through the song list or in the stat screen when you finish the song. :3

Edit - Thanks Velocity for the response! n.n

Zekramcross 01-13-2012 07:53 AM

A suggestion would be having more songs that can unlock Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy].

Heavy has about 6 songs that unlock it while Oni has about 20.
Adding more songs would encourage more people to unlock it.

Example song would be Ivaltek as a Heavy unlock.

Anaru 01-13-2012 08:04 AM

Implement a sort of tournament system that people can use.

It can be annoying for tournament holders to go through pages and pages of threads sorting out scores.

Have a user friendly webpage that allows people to hold tournaments (possibly use the coding used in the official tournaments, 5th and 6th) so that people can..

1) Create tournaments easily and have signups done electronically, not manually by submitting.

2) Have options, like speedmods, etc on a description page and such.

3) Have a submitter box for screenshots. This prevents countless minutes of page browsing for tournament organizers.

4) Create a separate FFR page for such tournaments, so that all are organized into neat lists of what's going on when. This will bolster tournament activity and create a more competitive environment for those who want to battle it out against others, even without multiplayer.

If anyone agrees with my suggestion or think it's good, please help me out on getting this suggestion out there. :)

I personally think tournaments bolster both game and forum activity, and judging by the fun everyone has during official tournaments, I think it's time to support the unofficial tournament scene by reducing the workload that tournament organizers have to go through each time they post/create one.

(I'm sure many tournament organizers have felt immense amounts of stress before.)

devonin 01-13-2012 08:40 AM

I'm actually fairly okay with tourney organizers having to put in a lot of work and effort to hold one. It encourages only people who actually have the commitment and willingness to work to hold them.

justin_ator 01-13-2012 01:12 PM

I agree with devonin on that.

Something I thought about recently, what about an option to Random a song out of your favorites genre? I like all the songs I put in there, it'd be cool to just hit random and play one of them out of there instead of randoming on a difficulty until I get a song I like.

yo man im awesome 01-13-2012 01:33 PM

My thought on the tournament thing was to possibly have a list of ongoing tournaments showing on the left homepage sidebar. Also maybe also be able to have tournament hosts to be able to send out automated messages to tourney members like "hey there's 24 hours left, last chance" or "hey idiot post a score"

justin_ator 01-13-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3614636)
"hey idiot post a score"

I died lmao

nois-or-e 01-13-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3614018)
A percentage graph that comes with your saved replays showing where you messed up and by how much, kind of like the NPS graphs where x is the time and y is the percentage, starting at 100% and going down depending on the mistakes made, maybe something like Soundcloud where if you scroll over a certain area a little pop-up will tell you exact numbers where x happened.

This sounds like a real funky idea :) Not sure how something like that would be implemented/coded though. . .