Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

jimerax 07-8-2011 03:11 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

I thought higher reqs were way too easy. And if your submission cap is 5 or more, it's not that hard to get 10+ pts in one batch actually. We can just remove 6+ reqs like some people suggested, but this time I'm just making them harder.

And as for [--] things, [--]s are discouraging for new users for sure but I think they need to get their files checked by someone before submitting, at least. and if their reviews aren't that bad the file won't get [--]s, usually.

We need to add this comment instead.

"If you are new to simfile stepping, we highly recommend you to have experienced people check your simfiles before submitting here. If your file is extremely hopeless, you may get negative simfile artist points as a penalty here. And if most reviewers give your simfile positive feedbacks, your file has chance to get accepted to FFR."

bmah 07-8-2011 03:19 AM

I'd just take out "If your file is extremely hopeless, you may get negative simfile artist points as a penalty here."

that's going to get people out the door immediately
the rules will speak about those sort of technicalities...but basically try to incite words of encouragement for new steppers

jimerax 07-8-2011 03:55 AM

Those words aren't very good choices probably, but we need to explain about the risk anyways.

"If you are new to simfile stepping, we highly recommend you to have experienced people check your simfiles before submitting here. If you don't, you may get negative simfile artist points as a penalty here. And if most reviewers give your simfile positive feedbacks, your file has chance to get accepted to FFR."

ScarletSky 07-8-2011 04:30 AM

I'm fairly confident in the two files I have ready. :3
I already know where I'll get bashed when they're reviewed, but I put those sections/patterns in there for a reason, so if it survives the bit of bashing for that, then it was well worth it. I don't think that the chart should always follow strict guidelines, because if they did that would kill the creativity that's put into the chart in the first place.
But then again, without guidelines and judges reviewing, anything could and would be put in game, no one wants to play a shitty chart. =/

Oh, and the videos on my page are pretty outdated as far as edits I've made to those charts up to now, but I've had a few people look at them and say they're pretty good. :3 If Razor, Middie, and the other person I'm waiting on all say they're good, then I'm content.

bmah 07-8-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3489364)
Drop subconsciousness from easy batch conditional queue
I'm just going to re-send my all three easy batch entries to the new song artist batch
(They are all composed by the same person)

won't be happening I guess

tarolabo's in now...

~Zero~ 07-15-2011 07:15 AM

Do you guys still want my fix for system split that I was suppose to send like 8 months ago :3

One Winged Angel 07-16-2011 02:49 PM

Quick question for all the judges and people in charge here

If I step a song for the next hard songs batch that's already included in the game (so a v2), would it still be given fair judgment and have an equal chance to be put in the game as any other file, or is the fact that the song is already included in FFR going to hinder its chances of getting in?

Just wondering

TC_Halogen 07-16-2011 03:31 PM

My personal opinion is that a difficulty tag should be appended to the song title, like Blooddrunk [Heavy]. I'd only be more strict if the chart is to close to the older chart's difficulty.

leonid 07-16-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3500208)
won't be happening I guess

tarolabo's in now...

tarolabo != guna

Niala 07-16-2011 10:32 PM

As long as you're not re-stepping an FMO to an FMO or something then ya go ahead and submit a v2.

psychoangel691 07-16-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3504955)
As long as you're not re-stepping an FMO to an FMO or something then ya go ahead and submit a v2.

^^

One Winged Angel 07-17-2011 12:33 AM

I was thinking something along the lines of VC to FGO

Aite thanks guys~

Silvuh 07-21-2011 01:31 PM

The Degradation of the Soul can be removed from the queue. I was talking with the track author, and he was saying he could work with the track more to make it either more suitable for an easier file. I was gon'na show him the file I made and where parts of the track could be smoother so the steps would be easier to follow for an unskilled player. Could also be made into a harder file, so I guess I'll see what happens. Just need to get him to download SM or something, which I haven't been persistent about.

Exias 08-2-2011 12:19 PM

I recently finished some new songs that I plan on stepping for ffr once my copyright is processed.

hi19hi19 08-10-2011 11:08 PM

lol I just stepped Ding Dong Song because I was bored. Twice, once easy and one hard.

Then I was like maybe I should check if it's been queued already. And ofc it was. Derp.
I really like my easy file (REALLY easy, I can play it on pad! ^_^) so would it be possible to like, have a Light and Heavy chart or something? Unless Dossar also had the same idea as me and made an easy chart, in which case I'll gladly send in my harder chart instead.

I have a feeling it will be released before I can even send my versions in... oh well.
Slow batches has always annoyed me like that :(

YoshL 08-10-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3519442)
lol I just stepped Ding Dong Song because I was bored.

Then I was like maybe I should check if it's been queued already. And ofc it was. Derp.
My file is REALLY easy (I can play it on pad! ^_^) so unless Dossar also had the same idea would it be possible to like, have a Light and Heavy chart or something?

I have a feeling it will be released before I can even send my version in... oh well.

well if it's really easy, if i'm not mistaken, you probably won't get it in because the next batch is supposed to be the hard song batch i think.

hi19hi19 08-10-2011 11:11 PM

Yeah that's what I was getting at with the slow batches thing. Oh well.

p.s. I always post and then make a billion edits, way to quote me before I was even done LOL that's such a bad habit

bmah 08-10-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3519442)
lol I just stepped Ding Dong Song because I was bored. Twice, once easy and one hard.

I really like my easy file (REALLY easy, I can play it on pad! ^_^) so would it be possible to like, have a Light and Heavy chart or something? Unless Dossar also had the same idea as me and made an easy chart, in which case I'll gladly send in my harder chart instead.

I have a feeling it will be released before I can even send my versions in... oh well.

oh no...

I have that song ready (as a heavy version, diff 7-8) for submission once the regular batch opens up. Too many people are stepping this song. >:0

hi19hi19 08-10-2011 11:23 PM

I actually stepped mine 2 years ago! I just never finished the last chorus, which is just a copy/paste from the first chorus and change the patterns.

Well I remember when 8 people stepped Sail AwaY, we all submitted and judges just voted the best one. Maybe we could do that with this song? Seeing as it is fairly popular :P
Though that would suck for Dossar I guess, who legitimately did "get there first"
idk

bmah 08-10-2011 11:24 PM

Umm, my version is an edit of the song, which ends after the first chorus, right where the second part of the song begins. I looked at Dossar's light version, and it ends at the same place as mine's.