Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

ichliebekase 11-8-2011 04:41 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Random thought, "FFR R1 Simfile Author" and "FFR R1 Music Producer" titles, should there even be the "R1" part anymore since we don't have R2 anymore?

And I'm not sure who "steps" for Spin It Up, but maybe they could have a title too, but still be the same color as the Simfile Author and Music Producers?

Velocity 11-8-2011 05:48 PM

Changing the orb size from 64px to 64.1px fixed it...

----------------------------
WTF am I doing?!

DarknessXoXLight 11-9-2011 02:55 PM

I think it would be convenient if there was a way to sort songs by av rank in the in game song list so that you don't have to keep looking back to your level ranks page to see what your worst ranked songs are.

igotrhythm 11-9-2011 04:05 PM

Correction: Sort songs by levelrank (avrank is simply levelranks added together / number of songs).

With over 1000 songs in-game, something tells me that that sort mechanism would be extremely server intensive. (Also, the in-game avrank tracker includes ranks on non-public songs, whereas the avrank entry on one's profile does not, a fact which has irked me for some time.)

Emithith 11-9-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3561700)
How about instead of it loading the levelranks every time you pull up the main menu (this is what you said in response to sorting by highest/lowest rank) you make it so there is a "Sync" button that synchronizes the Level Ranks to the game in order to sort the songs by rank. If the Sync button hasn't been pressed make it do nothing. (Or even have a message box pop up saying "Sync button has not been pressed!")

Because this looked to be ignored.
It would be a good idea, no?

edit: on top of that, it's probably better if you could make an array that strings together all the rank on the Levelranks chart, and it would probably be better than loading the levelrank every time you hit "Sync". It could be a separate serverside function (less loading?)

Velocity 11-9-2011 05:10 PM

The game engine only loads the levels ranks once per engine load, which is loaded from here:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...levelRanks.php

This is stored into an array for the game to use, this array is split once into level "," and then into sections ":" which follow this format:
Code:

level_id : current_rank : user_score : icon : song_genre
The saved internal array is also updated if you beat your best rank on a song or past your last best score.

This is also the array that determines your average rank.

Bluearrowll 11-13-2011 09:52 AM

Wouldn't it be neat if there were a way to play FFR on tablets by just tapping on the arrows instead of using an external keyboard?

justin_ator 11-13-2011 12:31 PM

/agree, though how responsive it would be is a whole new question. Haha.

reuben_tate 11-13-2011 01:41 PM

I could only really see that working for downscroll players. Us upscroll players will have our hands blocking the rising arrows. =/

Bluearrowll 11-13-2011 03:48 PM

Well from looking at the first 10 arrows on select songs, there seemed to be minimal lag, so regarding how responsive actual taps would be, we'd just have to see. :P

rushyrulz 11-13-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subin (Post 3564992)
I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but perhaps a "report" button in the profile comment?

Profile reporting is currently a veteran only feature.

Velocity 11-13-2011 06:09 PM

It's finished.

justin_ator 11-13-2011 07:33 PM

Okay, I suggested this to two higher-ups and didn't receive very positive feedback, but I want to see what community people think about it. Not trying to talk down the staff but I feel like sometimes decent ideas get shot down too quickly. Perhaps this isn't one of them though, who knows.

What I was thinking about was a Hall of Fame of sorts. Basically a tribute to past winners of Official Tournaments. It would show (perhaps) a picture of their avatar, the username, the official they won in, what division they were in, and place they took in the tournament. It could either be a stickied thread in the tournament subforum, or it's own page accessible somewhere on the main page. Thoughts?

rushyrulz 11-13-2011 08:20 PM

Hall of fame doesn't seem necessary with all the stats pages attributed to any given player IMO.

Sweet_Feet 11-15-2011 09:18 AM

Being able to send credits without having to be in-game. Could work by creating a tab on the left of our home page under 'credit transactions'.

Zekramcross 11-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet (Post 3568732)
Being able to send credits without having to be in-game. Could work by creating a tab on the left of our home page under 'credit transactions'.

This would be nice. Maybe add a feature where you could send credits to multiple people instead of one at a time.

hobgoblinpie 11-15-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet (Post 3568732)

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tools/ffrshop.php

2ch

Sweet_Feet 11-15-2011 10:04 AM

Whoops, had no idea that existed already..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3568746)
This would be nice. Maybe add a feature where you could send credits to multiple people instead of one at a time.

This would still be cool though.

Wartime 11-15-2011 10:25 AM

How about making the replays fast forward and rewind just by clicking what part you want on that blue timeing bar thing lol cause i sometimes hate playing the whole song just to see one part i like...if its not been said already =p

Zekramcross 11-15-2011 10:41 AM

Another suggestion would be raising the limit of how many people I can PM. It's annoying that I can send 5 at a time and send out one more if the person is in the same group. This would help out tournament management.