Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121264)

Xayphon 11-23-2011 11:19 AM

Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

All files were good, props

Emithith 11-23-2011 12:02 PM

I'm only complaining over the blatant skill level overlap in difficulties. R/\IN is harder in all ways when compared to Novo Mundo. It's frustrating because it's almost like the people who judge what files get put where don't take into account of the weakest file and the strongest file in that difficulty. Because lately we have been having 10s that should properly be 9s, and 9s that are almost borderline 11s. Get it together FFR. D:<

edit: I also realize this discussion could probably better be placed in the Ingame Song Information thread, so w/e.

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:04 PM

quit bitching and play the game

dragonmegaXX 11-23-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3575172)
I'm only complaining over the blatant skill level overlap in difficulties. R/\IN is harder in all ways when compared to Novo Mundo. It's frustrating because it's almost like the people who judge what files get put where don't take into account of the weakest file and the strongest file in that difficulty. Because lately we have been having 10s that should properly be 9s, and 9s that are almost borderline 11s. Get it together FFR. D:<

Stop whining
Song difficulties dont even matter.
If Death Piano was a 1 instead of a 13, I dont think that would change peoples opinions of good scores.

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:07 PM

also i would like to add that changing the difficulty of the file wont make the file any easier or harder than it already is and no matter what the difficulty the file is given you'll just end up using your own opinionated system when trying to figure out which song is harder than which to you not the system that was put in place.

Emithith 11-23-2011 12:07 PM

wc, no offence, but this is kinda important lol. We really need to find a common ground to the judging of file's difficulties, and stick to it.

edit: LOL wow, when did I complain about how hard it is for me to play. I am comparing files in terms of difficulty.

Maybe this is a touchy subject, but we need to find a common ground. This "rating" system just PROVES how the FFR community doesn't agree on one thing, and don't gimme the same bs that justifies shitty files that dun' goofed, like Uprock, and Legacy Files.

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:08 PM

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:09 PM

Difficulty rating isnt important at all omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

dragonmegaXX 11-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3575176)
also i would like to add that changing the difficulty of the file wont make the file any easier or harder than it already is and no matter what the difficulty the file is given you'll just end up using your own opinionated system when trying to figure out which song is harder than which to you not the system that was put in place.

Copied what I said :<

Ziergdsx18 11-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3575176)

carlos :')

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3575182)
Copied what I said :<

i was typing up my post when you edited yours so i didnt see your post =x

Emithith 11-23-2011 12:14 PM

... Difficulty doesn't matter, yes, but it sure as hell matters to someone who wants to random 11s and keeps getting 10s 12s that are disguised as 11s, etc. p.s updated my last post.
You guys are really something when it comes to agreeing D:

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:16 PM

just dont random 11's then problem solved

Emithith 11-23-2011 12:20 PM

oh wow.
Shut the dragon in the closet with you guys. It's never "hey! Let's try to figure something ou then!" instead all I hear is "let's not even bother fixing something, in fact don't even act like it's wrong!"

gg I'm out. I'll probably come back some time with a lot more details someday though.

TC_Halogen 11-23-2011 12:21 PM

I seriously can't comprehend half of the points in this thread. I'm not going to comment on them because it's just going to make me ream out like 50% of you for defending your cause with absolutely horrible points.

Carlos: that analogy was absolutely incredible.

who_cares973 11-23-2011 12:21 PM

the problem is we've suggested tons of shit but nothing gets done. if you were to keep up with everything you'd know of all the suggestions there have been for fixing the difficulty issue.

psychoangel691 11-23-2011 12:21 PM

But the fact is the community will never agree 100% because people are good at different things. I can AAA most 10s and sdg some 11s yet I struggle with an "easy" 10 and can't even FC it. Difficulty is ~subjective~ in some areas. Which is why I never base what I think the difficulty of a song is on how I can do on it. Also on the note of judges picking the difficulty of the files, JX typically does the ratings on the files. I've been doing them now just because of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that these ratings were the same as he had I'd have to look again. Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.

Choofers 11-23-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3575202)
Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.

this would have caused a lot more shit lmfao

The only problem I have with the files this round is that otto von schirach is a terrible producer and I hate everything he's ever made. Ever.

But other than that, files are good this round.

dragonmegaXX 11-23-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3575202)
But the fact is the community will never agree 100% because people are good at different things. I can AAA most 10s and sdg some 11s yet I struggle with an "easy" 10 and can't even FC it. Difficulty is ~subjective~ in some areas. Which is why I never base what I think the difficulty of a song is on how I can do on it. Also on the note of judges picking the difficulty of the files, JX typically does the ratings on the files. I've been doing them now just because of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that these ratings were the same as he had I'd have to look again. Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.

Burn him

Emithith 11-23-2011 12:26 PM

pfft. There must be a way. There should be a way to make sure files get put in places properly. I will be back on this topic soon.

Also, just because people have talked this over before doesn't mean it's worthless to try.
Gawd damb