Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144577)

JotaCeOK 06-25-2016 05:49 AM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

I like the song on D3, is true that I needed some restart to do my best score (well, I missed in the trill on the middle and the ending and avoid some goods in easy parts) but nothing impossible of improve with some retrys.

Considering that I had not warmed up and played with the nerves that I have always when competing.. I feel very satisfied, and can improve my score in the rest of the week.

V-Ormix 06-25-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445236)
The original topic was that I felt the d3 file was harder than the d4 one. I'm well aware of the rules for the tournament as I've been in three of them, and I follow them, but if someone asks a question, I will answer honestly. What I care about is a reason to keep playing in the tournament. If I gave a damn about how people feel about me on how I treat myself with this tournament, I wouldn't post at all. I wouldn't even address my opinion on the d3/d4 file difficulty in the first place.

And if you really wanted me to stop arguing with you about it stop replying. Directly addressing me prompts a response, and what perhaps could be seen as more violation of rules. If you haven't noticed, I stopped replying to people who simply said "stop bitching" or "remove yourself" for two reasons. Because one, it gets no where, and two, because I've already said I'm not playing the file anymore, and I haven't since my first post on this thread. If you genuinely have issues with my posts, there's a report button. Report my post and have it taken down instead of trying to take matters into your own hands. If you want to address me about the issue off the forums, there is a private message board where you can. Thank you.

You're elaborations in order to justify the white noise that's beginning to saturate this thread could leave anyone to think you're oblivious to the reality that of the many attending, no one else seems to have the many issues with compliance you do...

GammaBlaster 06-25-2016 06:40 AM

might not be able to play FFR at peak at all, weather is way too cold here l0l, can't afford to turn on the heater

MikeShinoda12345 06-25-2016 06:43 AM

Wow I'm happy I played the other files because Insignia is hella fun. Follow You had a more difficult ending than I was expecting, but Red Sphere Blue Sphere is way way more difficult and I feel like if you're getting similar scores on the two songs it's a consistency issue.
(And in my experience, consistency is the first thing to go after going on hiatus)

Insignia is sooo fun though

blanky! 06-25-2016 07:48 AM

Hi it's blanky! (or ___________) coming out of the dead (but not really because I've been sorta active on ffr/twitch).

Loved all of the songs, which is something you don't hear from me very often. Maybe it's just gameboy(Xx42069xX) and his awesome layering??

D1: Nice downtempo beat to it, great song, good beginner file (song certainly appeals to them!)
D2: Another great dubstep song, not much to say
D3: Loved hearing the arpeggios, some tricky bursts here and there, lots of diversity
D4: Sonic sound effects were pretty awesome. Trills were troll (hi capoeira). Good opener.
D5: t+pazolite never failing to impress and this was no exception. Jacks made this file quite memorable, particularly the jumpjacks with one-handed transitions
D6: Opening trills were troll. Bursts were good. Middle jumpstream was a great buildup. All the layering made perfect sense and made me feel like I was performing this on a live piano.
D7: After not playing competitively for over a year this is 3hardpain5me but the difficulty almost guarantees no AAA-or-die situation (which is always a good sign for D7!).

devonin 06-25-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445204)
If I were remotely close to the other people in d3, I'd not feel so bad. But almost everyone has passed me with significantly less effort than I put. I'm not even close. The person above me is literally 20 goods away, and the person behind me is one perfect or so from passing me. There's the idea of being "good enough" for d3, but then there's also the fact that I know deep down I'm not d3, what the hell am I doing here? It's like being an art major with a GPA of 2.0 getting thrown into a Physics 2 class for honors students. Shit's not going to go well. Am I honored to be there? No. I'm going to say I want to be put in an area where I can actually function.

You're doing better in D3 than I am in D2, and my scores that got me placed here are YEARS older than yours. Just play or don't.

sickufully 06-25-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaBlaster (Post 4445244)
might not be able to play FFR at peak at all, weather is way too cold here l0l, can't afford to turn on the heater

I was about to post 'Suck it up princess, I have to deal with this too' but then I looked at BOM and Canberra was the only one in the negatives. Makes Melb look warm lol.

rayword45 06-25-2016 08:44 AM

I hope the D7 cutoff is a high teens or something.

Ha.

evanescence_death4ever 06-25-2016 08:54 AM

Woah, I'm horrid at this game. The D2 song is hard to me (granted I haven't actually played much in years), but still. Oh well, going to have to see if my friend has an external keyboard because apparently my laptop doesn't want to hit hands properly O_O

Dynam0 06-25-2016 09:09 AM

I wish this was three years ago when my keyboard wasn't restricted to 1 usable setup and the game actually ran well. Actually debating ordering a new keyboard if I can get fiffer to run smooth somehow

the D7 file is really fun though barring that shit above^

MinaciousGrace 06-25-2016 09:36 AM

is this where i post my feedback on how the age of empires 2 hd edition minimap is the worst minimap i've ever seen or used in my life

it's even worse than ffr's minimap

devonin 06-25-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever (Post 4445259)
Woah, I'm horrid at this game. The D2 song is hard to me (granted I haven't actually played much in years), but still. Oh well, going to have to see if my friend has an external keyboard because apparently my laptop doesn't want to hit hands properly O_O

We have not that horribly different scores. Rivalry engaged!

psychoangel691 06-25-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445147)
Well what the hell is this file's? Because it feels like it's a 60 too. It's harder than (unless I'm missing something there) {Rose} or {Frozen}, and {Frozen} is a 58.

You really are nuts if you think the stream in Follow You is anything like {Rose} or {Frozen}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445163)
I'm expecting to only last 1-2 rounds regardless of where I am d3+. All of my best scores are 5 years ago, and I don't even know if all of them are mine because I had a friend who was better than me who played a few rounds on my account. That was when I was in high school, so it may very well be it wasn't actually my score. The only ones that I know for sure that are mine are the ones from previous tournaments.

I honestly can't believe no one else said anything about the bolded part here. I can blacklist your account and ban you right now over that regardless of how long ago it was. Lucky for you I find it hilarious that you shot yourself in the foot by cheating and ending up in a higher division for it. You literally have no one to blame but yourself for that and probably should just leave with your head down. Though, I should probably wipe your skill tokens, since they were probably obtained by your better friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445199)
I would agree, but considering this only happens once a year, it's kinda hard not to be a bit salty being shot down because of scores you did 5 years ago. It reminds of how good I was then, and how shit I was now. It's not just a "You can get this skill back" because I know for a fact that I have tokens I can't even think about touching again now. It's been five years. Five years. I played a lot three years ago, and the skill didn't come back then. So how am I going to be held to that standard? That, in a nutshell, is why I'm annoyed. In short, I feel like even if I wait a year, I'll just get shot down again. Either because I won't improve, or if I do, I'll be put in D4. It's what happened When I first got placed in d2 well before even the 8th tourny.

You can get the skill back if you're willing to work for it. You've already proven you aren't by quitting on even trying the file. Though then again you did just say your best scores were obtained by a friend, so yeah I guess you're right. Can't gain skill back you never had but you sure could get to that skill if you'd spend half as much time playing as you're spending whining in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445213)
I'm aware, Frank, and I'm not bitching about "I should have been put in d2". I'm saying I know why I'm in d3, and it sucks because I know that there's no question on it. Bmah asked why I played, so I answered, and the answer included difficulty.

Secondly, I asked to be removed anyway, and it was ignored. In fact, if you've read, I've asked multiple times to be bumped up to d4, simply because I enjoy the file more, and feel that I'd have a better shot there than d3 due to the file type. I'd rather not have the d3 badge on my profile because I know I'm not ready for it. Bump me up, remove me, I honestly don't care since I know that I've no chance at even top 16. I'm already not going to play the file anymore anyway.

"I'm aware of the rules and have played in 3 of the 11 tournaments, but I'm going to break them anyway" <--- that's you. On the bolded part you were not ignored, at the time of this message from you it was 5am my time and the others were at 4am. I'm sorry that I am incapable of staying up 24/7 to attend to your tournament needs.

Oh wait

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445189)
I stopped playing the file after I got a better score on the d4. Unless I get bumped to a different tier, I'm not intent on playing it.

You've already effectively removed yourself from the tournament by not playing your division file. Looks like I don't need to do anything anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien (Post 4445175)
Question: When will the songs be given difficulty ratings? After the round is over?

D3 feels like ~55 to me

I'm actually not completely decided on that yet, will confer with other GMs and diff consultants and see what everyone thinks is best.

We definitely were not that high in the 50's on it, ooops XD

Toxophilis 06-25-2016 10:36 AM

anyone else getting serious tree of savior vibes from D4's song or

rushyrulz 06-25-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4445142)
Also, I think that Carnaval is 80 and D6 is crazy.

OH YEA WELL I THINK UR 80

rushyrulz 06-25-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445125)
No offense, uh. But you sure you didn't get the wrong files for d3 and d4? I don't get it. Overall, the d4 file seems easier to me. Then again I've got a shit score on both, and if enough people play, I'm probably out round 1, because I can't even touch my top score, and it's not even a FC. Tough luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445135)
I might as well be in D4 then, since it's the easier file.

Can you explain how being bad at the D3 file and better (still not that good) at the D4 file merits a bump to D4? As a D4 player, ideally, you should be able to AAA (or at least low SDG) D1, D2, and D3 in round 1. The fact that you're not even remotely close to the D3 AAA suggests that you don't belong in D4. In fact, it shows that you have a gap in your skillset that needs to be worked on, as bmah said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 4445158)
No, I don't. For me it's not about seeing the patterns. It's about it being physically possible for me. Slowing it down doesn't help, and I've already tried multiple times at 0.8 and 0.7. Personally, I don't think I'll see round 2 of d3 if everyone manages to play, so honestly, it wouldn't matter if I'm in d7. :P

Did I just witness first-hand a D3 player complaining about physical capability???

Walrusizer 06-25-2016 12:57 PM

lmao

Cold Kitten 06-25-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4445270)
I honestly can't believe no one else said anything about the bolded part here. I can blacklist your account and ban you right now over that regardless of how long ago it was. Lucky for you I find it hilarious that you shot yourself in the foot by cheating and ending up in a higher division for it. You literally have no one to blame but yourself for that and probably should just leave with your head down. Though, I should probably wipe your skill tokens, since they were probably obtained by your better friend.

I was waiting for someone slightly more qualified than me to say something about this haha

TheThong 06-25-2016 01:00 PM

Loving D2's song, Insignia. Such a fun file to play! A bit rusty on my jumpstream, but D4's file isn't too bad either.

beeattack 06-25-2016 02:41 PM

Wish I was good enough to appreciate the D2 file as much as other people seem to :(